Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 26, 2022 4:08 PM

Sep 2018
Nice to see a studio take something relatively unknown that's never going to be up there amongst the typical blockbuster anime and turn in an animation tour-de-force.

Judged on what this show's clear intent was I'm pretty happy to rate this is a masterpiece.

There are far to few anime like this one, where you can feel your heart swelling at the sheer beauty unfolding before your eyes.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Mar 26, 2022 4:08 PM
Aug 2021
luinthoron said:
Beautiful, as was the entire series. I guess this will the only 9th series I've ever deemed worthy of a 10/10.

Now where's my OP single? What do you mean I can't buy the by far best song of this season (yet?)?

Finally we can stream and download it on Spotify since last February, I give you the link for the playlist
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1fvwTrl08EVxaCRTtjtWhK?si=y_XMlIoJTUaTIrl0PYseMQ&utm_source=copy-link
Mar 26, 2022 4:27 PM
Original Denjin
Nov 2008
Stark700 said:
I think the main highlight of this finale was giving Akebi the chance and experience of a lifetime. Erika played that piano beautifully while Akebi gave her a performance on stage. A beautiful finale imo and well deserved.

Absolutely, well said! I was awestruck all throughout that performance too. A beautiful ending to a beautiful series!
Mar 26, 2022 5:18 PM
Jan 2022
Name of the OST during the episode 12 (Kizaki playing piano and violin)?
Mar 26, 2022 6:11 PM

Dec 2016
10/10

Loved every episode.

Akebi is an amazing human being who's energy, positivity and kindness changed the lives of everyone around her for the better.
Mar 26, 2022 6:13 PM

Aug 2018
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CHAPTER.
This chapter was very beautiful. Akebi's performance with Kizaki was beautiful, and the support from all the girls was very nice.
Very good final chapter, I loved this anime.

Good job CloverWorks.

Mar 26, 2022 6:53 PM

Aug 2020
An ending with the performance of Kaori and Kousei... oops wrong anime. There's no actual way you haven't thought of Erika as Kaori that moment when she played the violin. Her dress is also almost the same from Kaori. Awesome ending, just a throwback of what happened during the sport fes and their wonderful journey. 8/10

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 26, 2022 6:58 PM
May 2011
This series was everything I wanted it to be ever since I first read the synopsis and saw that first visual that was just Komichi and Erika. Thank you, Cloverworks
Mar 26, 2022 7:02 PM

Jan 2020
God, the visuals were pretty. Even for Akebi-chan standards.

A nice finale and I really liked the volleyball part in particular. I'll miss this

Mar 26, 2022 7:53 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit Erika giving the performance of her life for Akebi.

And another holy shit for that Akebi save, damn. Save that led to a glorious spike that transitioned into her performance... wow!

Usagihara MVP! How great it was to see her working behind the scenes supporting Akebi and Erika and not so behind the scenes in the volleyball match. By the way, her face attracted the ball all the way to the end lmao. Best girl for me, always loved her playful personality and loved Akari Kitou's performance.

This final episode was so amazing. The way we started with Akebi's performance and over the course of it we saw the sports events with Akebi cheering for her friends and later, they were there to support her had me grinning from start to finish. Man, I'm going to miss the ball of energy and charisma that is Akebi, she was such a joy to watch.

And then came the sad part. Akebi's way to school was already hitting me in the feels, to then that last "Good morning" followed by the montage of what we saw in these 12 episodes (accompanied by another part of the OP) brought some tears to my eyes, I'm truly sad to see this show end.

This show was such a surprise because just with the PV and that title I didn't know what to expect from it, but once I saw the first episode, it blew me away. Of course the hook was how amazing it looked and how incredible the animation was but everything else was just as great, what a wonderful SOL.

To be honest it's hard to pick my favorite new show of the season because while I feel like I enjoyed Sono Bisque Doll a bit more, I feel like Akebi-chan was more fulfilling. Either way, I'm going to miss this show a lot and hope to see more of it in the future.

10/10 The OP was one of my favorites, if not my favorite of the season.
Mar 26, 2022 8:10 PM

Jul 2016
Erika >>>> Kaori. Anytime.
Also, that last point of the volleyball match felt so Haikyu. It was insane lol.

10/10 finale without a doubt. It was simply amazing and the idea of implementing a 12-min long musical performance to recall all the events and emotions that transpired throughout the sports festival was pure genius. Congrats to the episode director in that regard.
And what a mesmerizing performance it was, huh? Erika and Akebi did great ♥

Overall and leaving author's personal fetishes aside, this was indeed a pretty nice SoL/CGDCT show. Its visuals were stunning, direction was quite solid and we got a cast filled with tons of endearing characters (including Kao aka cutest imouto). Seriously, there were girls to cover almost every taste but Akebi and Erika will forever remain as my most favorite ones.

8/10 - Surprise of the Winter season for me and hoping it gets a sequel someday.
Mar 26, 2022 8:47 PM
Mar 2015
The MPDG may lead the way but she could not do it without her friends
Mar 26, 2022 8:55 PM

Sep 2018
Once it went away from most of the weird, fetishy stuff in the earlier episodes, it became quite the endearing and wholesome show. Sure, it was still their in spurts, but not as in your face as they once were.

Cloverworks really picking themselves back up after some disasters recently, great little show with some of the best visuals you'll hope to see in a SOL. 8/10.
Mar 26, 2022 9:01 PM

Aug 2014
Wow, even if we don't ever get that season 2, things sure ended on a bang. That volleyball scene cutting to Akebi and Erika's performance was jaw-dropping. What a stellar recap episode, it highlighted all of the cast while providing a natural end for the arc. Anime of the season without a doubt.
Mar 26, 2022 9:38 PM
Apr 2021
What a finale!!! Its amazing
Mar 26, 2022 10:38 PM

Jun 2019
So nice to ending the season with some dance and orchestra. I think Akebi and Erika relationshiop is more than just friend. Also the artsyle is really beautiful that each scene is worth to be my desktop wallpaper.

Score: 80
Mar 27, 2022 12:34 AM

Oct 2016
Oh my God, that was an incredible last episode. Loved how they transitioned between the performance and the sports. They could have just made the performance the whole episode and I wouldn't have mind.

Usagihara the MVP, we thank her for bringing us this dual performance. My favorite part was definitely the volleyball moments though, that was straight up amazing, especially the transition from the dance to the spike.

While the ED montage was playing, I realized how fast the season went, like Jesus it was fast. Really hope we get a second season in the future, but in the mean time, I am definitely gonna start reading the manga. 8.5/10
Mar 27, 2022 1:20 AM
Dec 2018
Is Erika's
Mar 27, 2022 1:26 AM
Sep 2020
I swear to God if this doesn't get a season 2 I'll lose it such a beautiful emotional powerful and fun anime when nothing happens and I wanna cry from happiness this had been my weekly therapy and I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do without it....
Mar 27, 2022 2:21 AM

Jan 2021
An incredibly beautiful finale. And a photo of Akebi, Kizaki and class 1-3! Very sweet ♡

Mar 27, 2022 2:29 AM
Aug 2020
I'll make it short, the best school girl anime since K-on, and that's probably the highest praise I could give to an anime, absolutely loved it. <3
Mar 27, 2022 2:36 AM

Apr 2020
Both Akebi-san and My Dress-Up Darling ended today, a day that will surely be remembered, because this specific date is an event where both two masterpiece of an anime series concluded their runs.

I smiled throughout this episode, I would've cried surely enough, but I was busy taking a ton amount of screenshots (you'll see the number of how much I took, look down below). Anyways, yeah this episode is a banger. The whole montage where Akebi was cheering and cutting to Akebi actually dancing was really cute, so throughout last episode she was actually practicing for a very great dance number. And right by her side is her best friend Erika.

I know I joked about them being a couple and that I shipped them but jeez I can't fucking take my words back while watching this episode. Compared to Kaori and Kousei's "last" performance, this one is much more better. The piano is one thing, but when Erika picked up the violin played, the 2015 you and 2020 me just can't help look and imagine Kaori if she was alive playing with "her Kousei" as well. Also here is a tangent, but I wanna remind you that Shigatsu's ending is 6 years old, think about it.

And their bow is surely perfect. The last minutes of this anime pretty much tells you the context of this series. Aside from the Your Name reference when Kao tells Komi that breakfast is ready, her daily routine of eating breakfast, preparing herself, going to school, and (since they're both early) meeting Erika in Class 1-3, all of that is just a prelude to what has been a very fun ride.

I have a couple of reasons why I rarely give 10/10 anime after watching a lot of animes. First it has to be great duh, second it has to be fun and left a mark on me in some ways. And what separates them from my 9/10 animes is that 10/10 anime made a reservation to a special place in my heart. And yes Akebi Komichi with her Sailor Uniform did just that. I will repeat myself, this is a 10/10 anime, and I don't think this will get a Season 2 (I still hope though), but I'm not going to cry, I can just rewatch this whenever I need to have fun, be happy about, or relive what has been the best anime I've watched on the weekly basis. Thank you Class 1-3 and Komichi Akebi for giving me a great time!

Screenshots taken in this episode: 305...not only this was the most I've took in a single episode, this might be much more than the rest of Akebi episodes combined. And you know what, I don't regret it!
Mar 27, 2022 3:38 AM

Jul 2021
I'm both incredibly happy and sad after watching this episode. Happy because this was one of the best episode and sad because this was the last episode and we haven't gotten a season 2 announcement yet and with the way they ended this season it looks like chances of season 2 are slim :(

The whole piano and violin sequence with Komichi dancing was top-tier, reminded me of Kaori a lot, even Erica's dress was same as that of her and some of the poses were really similar too. IDK why but I cried for the whole dancing sequence of the episode.

I don't know what to do now that this anime is over. I was feeling like shit so I thought of taking a break and watching Akebi then got incredibly happy while watching it but then realised that it has now ended so I'm feeling like shit again.

Anyway, this is in my top 3 AOTS. 10/10 for sure. REALLY REALLY hoping that we get a second season and thank you CloverWorks for this amazing anime. 10/10 really.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 27, 2022 5:41 AM

Dec 2017
School events, although we do not have something at the level of those that occur in anime, they are also special days in which we have an incredible time with friends and enjoy what the school and students have done.
Quite an emotional ending. Akebi always wanted to convey her happiness to the world (well, to her teammates) and now her act is coming back to him. I did not expect that they would use the melody of the dance to musicalize the sporting events, it turned out quite well, and of course we cannot fail to mention how well everything turned out.

Overall a pretty cool anime to watch. Either because of its animation, its relaxing soundtrack, a simple story and varied characters that did well to entertain in the chapter that they were assigned. After the first 2 chapters I thought there would be more fetish scenes but I imagine that the author stopped putting so many feet in the manga, what if it doesn't change is that the author loves Akebi as if she were directly his daughter.

Rating: 7.7/10

Mar 27, 2022 6:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Absolutely banger episode. Not even waste any time and just straight showing me how sakuga this final is. Holy shit, Akebi-chan. Chef kiss. Especially the violin scene. Holy shit breathtaking moment. Then when step aside a little with their sport sequence, and mostly about that volleyball part. God damn, enjoyable. Even the closing sequence actually great as well; showing how sweetheart Kao there, how there's nothing much changed since the beginning, and Akebi called the day. Oh boy, this and Sono Bisque. Prefer Akebi-chan more, tho when i think more about those two. Because this episode just more kino than Bisque, no offense. Well, all in all, Cloverworks, you really nail it this time, ngl...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 27, 2022 6:50 AM
Apr 2021
Great finale! This show was one of the highlights of my weekend watch….going to miss it. They did the manga Justice and went above and beyond that.
Mar 27, 2022 7:35 AM

Jun 2021
I was glad the performance was interspersed with moments from the athletic portion of the athletic festival. I was thinking they were just gonna skip over it completely, but the musical interlude definitely added to it.

That volleyball sequence was the most anime this anime has been all season. Cut between that and Akebi's dancing and flipping. FUCKING GLORIOUS!

Why do I get the feeling people are going to look at a pretty blonde in a white dress playing the violin and get serious PTSD?

I was prepared to give this show a solid 8 out of 10, because while the show is so pure and relaxing, there were portions of it earlier that dragged on slightly, plus the fanservice moments were just the slightest bit offputting. But this final episode reminded me that Komichi and her class are just the purest cinnamon buns in the world, and Cloverworks are the new masters of animation. Fuck Bones, fuck Trigger, fuck Wit Studio and their precious Attack on Titan. THIS, and Cloverworks were the kings of animation in Winter 2022.

There are few seasons of anime where I'm able to recall a small group of shows that became essential viewing, that I remember fondly as an anime fan, and basically became my "Big Three" of that season. I don't think I've felt that since Summer 2016, where my big three were New Game, 91 Days and Mob Psycho 100. Namely because I've been so busy and I've been in and out since then. But Slow Loop, My Dress Up Darling and this show are my new "big three", all three because essential viewing and all three were so very very good in so many ways. Slow Loop because it dealt with grief and found family in such a sweet and interesting way, My Dress Up Darling because it gave us a brand new top-tier waifu with a great romance and insight into the craft and the idea of following your passion no matter what, and this show because it was a show that was so innocent, relaxing and gave us a big group of loveable characters that all have their own motivations and goals, all just living their best lives around one character that wasn't afraid to simply LIVE. Plus the character designs and animations were absolutely beautiful. I'm gonna miss all three for very different reasons. So yeah, long story short, this is much better than a solid 8.

9 out of 10. I wish my childhood was even 1% the level of Komichi's. Imagine if I had an awesome life like that. I wouldn't be a 30 year old loser gushing over a show about 12 year old girls. Makes you think, doesn't it?
Mar 27, 2022 8:16 AM
Aug 2021
What a beautiful show! It doesn't even feel like 4 months have passed and it's over.

This show is always reminded me of The Aquatope on White Sand and it feels the same way that there's a hole in my heart after finishing it.

I'm speechless because this is one of the most beautiful Slice of Life shows I've ever watched in all aspects, namely the story, the characters, the voice acting, the animation, the music, etc.

Great job to everyone who works behind the scenes on this show.

Thank you to Akebi's Sailor Uniform.

9/10

CloverWorks 👍
Mar 27, 2022 12:07 PM
Dec 2020
It was Great ... Will there be a season 2?,and if yes then when?
Mar 27, 2022 12:24 PM

Mar 2014
Great ending, really beautiful !!

10/10
Mar 27, 2022 1:09 PM

Mar 2010
These are the gals that you want to marry when they grow up. ANd Honestly I think that blonde gal stole the show with her dual performance. Akebi was fun to watch as well but honestly the blonde gal just has a aura about her.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 27, 2022 1:41 PM

Oct 2018
good slice of life anime, very pleasant to look and like the duo Akebi - Erika :)
Mar 27, 2022 4:02 PM

Feb 2018
What a gem of an anime, that was amazing.
The performance was stunning, art and animation were consistently amazing too.

I can already see this being one of the best anime of this year.
Mar 27, 2022 4:57 PM

Mar 2019
Yet another farewell to a great anime from cloverworks. When the opening starts playing at the endroll i felt sad. The lyrics is so fitting for the closure. I wish time could just be stopped and this anime can go on forever!

Oh well, this is just how most slice of life show goes. Sometimes one season is just not enough. I wish there could've been more but all good things must come to an end eventually. The manga is still ongoing so i guess that's a good news.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for another season. Season two for cloverworks never means good.
Mar 27, 2022 6:47 PM

Dec 2017
So it was a volleyball anime after all... better then Haikyuu
Mar 27, 2022 8:56 PM
Sep 2020
That piano/violin bit was so soothing..great end to a great anime..Beautiful visuals...Promotes positivity...Sends the right message that we should give our all while enjoying the little moments of life...Motivation can change so much in life
Mar 27, 2022 10:46 PM

Jul 2015
Sadly, we did not get Hotaru focused episode. :/ Maybe in potential 2nd season?

I'm just wondering when will Akebi find a boyfriend? <3

Mar 27, 2022 11:40 PM

Nov 2018
You could definitely tell where their animation budget went this season... it's unfortunate that Akebi herself suffered from being too perfect at everything, making her less interesting than the side characters. An all too common MC ailment...
Mar 28, 2022 2:16 AM

Sep 2020
That was a stunning and heartwarming finale.

Both Akebi and Erika give superb performances.
I'm sad to see another great anime series come to an end. I enjoyed this series a lot.
Thanks mangaka, thanks anime, thanks Cloverworks.
The art is fantastic!
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Mar 28, 2022 2:29 AM

Dec 2018
It was so good. I love CGDCT from ClowerWorks and this was grand and gay as hell, the Yuri was in the air

This was Akebis lesbian harem. Going around and collecting girlfriends,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Again CW is extremely pure when it comes to their CGDCT. And my little lesbians never talked about boys or anything like that

Well behaved angels that don't care about males, and only shows love towards other girls ofc get 10/10 from me♥♥

Oh and the op was awesome =) Overall it was another great anime from CW and suited my taste extremely well

Yuri-CrusaderMar 28, 2022 2:53 AM
Mar 28, 2022 11:37 AM

Sep 2015
Every episode is just beautiful and heartwarming.

The only criticism is that some characters get more screentime and proper introduction. That's why I prefer the earlier format where akebi spends time with smaller groups. The sports festival arc has too many characters and I'm like who's this again?
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Mar 28, 2022 4:28 PM
Jan 2017
As someone who is getting kind of sick and tired of athletic and culture festivals in anime, I have to say this was a breath of fresh air. And as a 30yo man it actualøly kinda brought a tear to my eye remembering my own festivals back in high school. Good times. Loved the episode, definitely the highlight of the show.
Mar 28, 2022 5:43 PM

Oct 2021
bruh that episode was amazing, this show had a slow start, but the last couple episodes were bangers
Eiyuu Senki Theme Until MAL Adds The Manga
Mar 28, 2022 11:51 PM

Jun 2012
Anybody know what version of the OP is that at the ending?
Mar 29, 2022 1:35 AM

Feb 2008
Took me 12 episodes to figure out that Itou Miku was the voice actor of the sleeping girl.

Beautiful show, weird at times, boring at times, but I really enjoyed it. Excellent voice cast, I loved Riri-san's accent and dialogue. Very inspiring last episode even for a grown man like me. Seeing Akebi-san run just gives you life and energy. Cloverworks did a great work here.

6/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 29, 2022 1:38 AM

Jul 2021
el anime esta bonito
Mar 29, 2022 6:37 AM

Aug 2016
An extraordinary final episode to the first season. The way the athletics festival was shown in flashback during Akebi's dance was a stroke of genius. The episode would have been completely stodgy if they'd shown the two parts in chronological order. Thus ends an epic season for CloverWorks, what with them producing two candidates for AOTS.
Mar 29, 2022 9:30 AM

Jun 2016
boring final episode !!

Mar 29, 2022 11:44 AM

Jan 2016
so ... if you watch this anime or similar in the future, please don't put your brain into your crotch. Your brain is rotten because of watching too much Ero. I suggest reducing Ero/Porn consumption by 50% or more. I'm just saying.

Anyway, when i see the festival banner has been taken down and see the closing ceremony (Komichi's dancing) and have a flashback scene, I'm thinking ... what i miss? I'm sure i did not miss the previous episode. Where is the full sports event episode? Did they have episode 11.5 or something? Then i understand, It's a mixed scene. It's kinda clever, but i want full...

Aaanyway!! all sports scene is good! Especially at volleyball. Komichi saves the game by spinning herself. The spin is out of control making her roll and smashes her head (i think) then she run and gives the final spike. all in one match... anime scene at its best. lol.

The dancing scene... i want it full also. But its good! And i like the piano+violin version of hem. Spotify of this song:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0dKqXvUWaHCr4UxE39npGc?si=95183d41fe2b489a

I just realize, the CV for Miki is Shukashuu! Damn, i should click "More Character" from the start .... (Just type "hem" in search for Miki's full album)

The ending is her daily wake-up morning. And she chooses to run to school instead ask her father to take her to school, even after an exhausting event. Her stamina is too high...

I hope these anime have season 2 ... Please!
Yay!
Mar 29, 2022 12:12 PM

Jun 2012
Tomayuze said:
Koshii said:
Anybody know what version of the OP is that at the ending?

It's a mix of the full version of Hajimari no Setsuna.

The ending in the final episode starts with vocals at 2:56 of above, then jumps to vocals at 1:30, then back again to 3:00+ etc. With music mixed from the beginning part too.

Oh damn that's right. It's a good mix, thanks for the reply g
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

75 by kixann »»
Apr 24, 12:10 PM

» If every Anime made like this everybody in the world will love Anime

Naveen6662246 - Feb 25

14 by Serafos »»
Mar 10, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2022

71 by Pondoxd »»
Feb 15, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

240 by N_Hawke »»
Feb 15, 2:20 AM

» No one is saying it so, I am going to say it

kuzumaicant - Jan 16, 2022

23 by mimimilk »»
Feb 11, 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.