Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2010 1:16 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, I enjoyed the first episode. It was fresh, funny and the plot goes quite quicky...

I'm a little bit dissapointed with the animation, especially Usui's blunt eyes, he's like staring somewhere... (he's much more hot in the manga)
And did you noticed the unusual background 'scratches-like-thing' and the bg music?

I need to check it once again when the subs came out. ;)

If you are interested there are some very LQ pictures and notes:

Excuse my English ;)
M0niApr 1, 2010 1:21 PM
Apr 1, 2010 3:22 PM

Jan 2010
I loved it... Misaki so cute...^^

Apr 1, 2010 3:24 PM

Aug 2009
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG IT WAS AMAZING!!!

I LOVED EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF IT!

I know little japanese.. but since i read the manga, its like I watched it with subs in my head.. OMG! IM GONNA LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

ImNotLulexiaaApr 1, 2010 3:51 PM
Apr 1, 2010 3:34 PM
Oct 2009
i want to watch it already ..!
Apr 1, 2010 3:40 PM
Jan 2010
i havent seen it yet but im sooo excited!!!kyah!!!although im not really satisfied with usuis look in the anime,but hes still hot obviously:)well my fav bishie is janitor kurosaki but usui is a close 2nd:)
oh and the color of the girls uniforms are really wierd,dont like it..but who cares about that now?:)
duckertonianApr 7, 2010 6:17 AM
Apr 1, 2010 3:55 PM

Oct 2008
[since i couldn't wait for the subs, i watch the raw episode xD ]

I can say I'm pretty much satisfied with the animation, at first I thought it would be dissapointing but it's quite good :D I've waited for this anime for so long and it finally came out - I'm very happy :D :D
Misaki is very pretty ^_^ Usui is much hotter in the manga, but -oh well- I can survive it ^_^
and I'm satisfied with the voice actor and actress of Usui and Misaki :D I think it suits them ^^

and...

Apr 1, 2010 4:02 PM

Aug 2009
True that with Vampire-Alice's comment!
Apr 1, 2010 4:04 PM
Oct 2009
Do you know which fansub group is going to sub it? I don't really understand much japanese, so I will wait for the subs, but it's really HELL WAITING xD
Apr 1, 2010 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
Misaki's sister and mom appeared already on the first episode unlike in the manga.

Usui was sooo cool in the ending song (>w<)/
Can't wait for the next episode :]
Apr 1, 2010 6:10 PM
Dec 2008
who is subbing this??
cant wait until it comes out
Apr 1, 2010 7:00 PM

May 2009
Their uniform is green?
wat.
Apr 1, 2010 7:43 PM

Nov 2007
I wasn't planning to watch new series, but I decided to watch ep.1. Not considering the character designs, I loved the story because the anime follows manga well.

In the beginning of ED made me lol.
tsubasaloverApr 1, 2010 8:05 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 1, 2010 8:15 PM

Oct 2009
Lulexiaa said:

I know little japanese.. but since i read the manga, its like I watched it with subs in my head..

Same for me :)

I thought they did do well following the manga. Animation . . . backgrounds looked like all they did was photo shopped them in. . . sigh. Characters need some work as well. But even with the animation it still was an AWESOME ep! The story makes it great

Random but, I didn't expect Sakura to be a brunette (expected blonde). I quite enjoyed the ED . . . Looking forward to the sub version ^^
Apr 1, 2010 10:56 PM

Feb 2009
Agreeing on Vampire-Alice's comment.
Bad production quality is bad. Seriously, I think all JC Staff's budget was put on Uraboku but oh well.

Also, the only thing that wasn't based on the manga is what Rinri said, the early appearance of her family. But OMG her sister is kinda moe.

Moon_River said:
Random but, I didn't expect Sakura to be a brunette (expected blonde). I quite enjoyed the ED . . . Looking forward to the sub version ^^

Same here!
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
Apr 1, 2010 11:51 PM

Feb 2008
Why does this anime remind me a bit of Special A? :S

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 2, 2010 12:59 AM
Jun 2008
Looking forward for the next episode ^^
Apr 2, 2010 1:49 AM

Nov 2007
Well this is the shoujo feed for this season, Yay~ I am so gonna follow it. Hopefully a good team picks it up. I wish it was Production I.G though, J.C staff lacks details in shoujo anime :/

Misaki is soooo kawaiiiiii~
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 2, 2010 3:16 AM

Sep 2008
awesome!! better than what I have expected, it was funny and lovely

true Usui was not that sexy as we've seen in the manga , but in the ED he made me drool >////<

I caught a glimpse of Shintani in the OP I was not sure he would appear in the anime

btw is it me or things were moving too fast?
anyway I hope the series would make it to 25 episodes
bibi bubu baba
Apr 2, 2010 3:46 AM

Oct 2009
Brilliant! Just the OP delighted me and the ED of Takumi made me tear up.....the voice of who sings it was emotional to me. Series starts at 8/10 not only because of the atmosphere of Kimi ni Todoke a little but also there was no ecchi.....I find that much harder and rcognize it mroe if a anime does not have that but when it does then I just deal with it.....glad I don't have to in this series. I find the introduced Suzuna a little too fast=>
but she looks nice and energetic but also a teazer to Misaki.....she is also a incredible girl. Shizuko and Sakura are well done but I find Sakura reminding me a lot of Shirai a little=>

Second part was a win in a nice opposition of Misaki towards Takumi over his offer (nicely done to me=>

......and especially my favorite was when he saved her at the end.......from the looks of those guys they got rather scared really fast of Takumi=>

Did Takumi carry her all the way to her place? If he did he a true gentleman even if not just saving her was incredible he looks way better than Kazehaya was. Takumi is #1 in studies? So apart from being scarier a super genius?=>
Pretty impressed of Misaki's mother hard work....shows how her family is...strong=>
Mainly like Misaki for her outbursts of anger, her sudden hyper reactions and the sudden fear impact she can have on others=>
My 2 favorite parts with Misaki=>
Original size of the avatars=>
A funny moment=>
Overall it was something I never expected and it rather does well to replace my Kimi ni Todoke I miss.
Sugababy said:
awesome!! better than what I have expected, it was funny and lovely

true Usui was not that sexy as we've seen in the manga , but in the ED he made me drool >////<

I know the girls will drool till dry of that ED....girl fan service galore for a ED I find.
Sugababy said:
btw is it me or things were moving too fast?
anyway I hope the series would make it to 25 episodes

Yeah I find they are moving too fast also....hoping for it to be 25 but might be 13.
shanimebib said:
Misaki is soooo kawaiiiiii~
I know Misaki is cute but Sakura is not so bad herself.
francismeunierApr 2, 2010 3:55 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 2, 2010 4:33 AM

Nov 2009
BTW, http://fffpeeps.wordpress.com/ , fffpeeps are subbing the anime! THE SUBBED EPISODE WILL COME OUT IN 1-3 hours. I CANT WAIT! I LOVED THE ENDING THEME!! USUI♥♥♥
I watch you sleep <3
Apr 2, 2010 6:01 AM

Nov 2009
invisible29 said:
BTW, http://fffpeeps.wordpress.com/ , fffpeeps are subbing the anime! THE SUBBED EPISODE WILL COME OUT IN 1-3 hours. I CANT WAIT! I LOVED THE ENDING THEME!! USUI♥♥♥

Yess.
I've been waiting forever to watch this episode.
Finally, I have found a sub!
Chop_sticksAug 26, 2012 8:45 AM
B)
Apr 2, 2010 6:26 AM

Oct 2009
Am I the only one who doesn't find this appealing(the anime I mean). Look at Usui. He's..dull-looking. He doesn't appeal to me unlike in the manga. So is Misaki.
I'm finding it hard to appreciate this adaptation. Help me, LOL.
Apr 2, 2010 6:31 AM

Oct 2009
Nia9001 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't find this appealing(the anime I mean). Look at Usui. He's..dull-looking. He doesn't appeal to me unlike in the manga. So is Misaki.
I think you need to tell me what are the differences so far with the manga....perhaps I will try to pick it up....

Apr 2, 2010 6:36 AM

Mar 2009
Okay, forgive the delay, we're sorting out some final adjustments. Please continue to be patient, thanks!
Apr 2, 2010 6:44 AM
Sep 2009
It'll be up soon, had to take it down due a slight error.
Apr 2, 2010 7:42 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
Nia9001 said:
I think you need to tell me what are the differences so far with the manga....perhaps I will try to pick it up....

The first time I read KWMS, Usui gave me a "WOW!I WANNA READ MORE OF THIS!USUI IS LOVE~~" feeling. While here, the appearance of Usui has no effect on me. (jiii~) Except for the ED of course, dammit. He's too hot there. I dunno the exact differences. *tries harder to love Usui in anime-form*
Apr 2, 2010 9:47 AM

Jun 2008
Nia9001 said:

well i only read one chapter from the manga long time ago, the story wasnt my type, but i remember clearly that i was so impressed by Usui. he´s absolutely outstanding in the manga, while in the anime, he seems to me like a kid. the art is so much better in the manga. so, yes, i understand you.
oh, and btw, the opening sucks...so...childish?! i would prefer to see the ending in opening, its much better.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 2, 2010 9:57 AM

Feb 2009
Orulyon said:
Nia9001 said:

well i only read one chapter from the manga long time ago, the story wasnt my type, but i remember clearly that i was so impressed by Usui. he´s absolutely outstanding in the manga, while in the anime, he seems to me like a kid. the art is so much better in the manga. so, yes, i understand you.
oh, and btw, the opening sucks...so...childish?! i would prefer to see the ending in opening, its much better.

Nia, you are not alone.
No matter how I look at it, it really seems like a low budget anime >_>
I mean just look at how the previous shoujo anime (Kobato and KnT) was animated. Animation and Production was so poor =_=

@Orulyon

WOW, I am glad that I wasn't the only who was irritated at the OP song~ (it's only the song that I don't like) and yeah ED >>>>>>> OP
Apr 2, 2010 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
I'm not too impressed with the first episode but it definitely has something that will keep me watching this for now. Since I havn't read the manga I don't see any problems with Usui. He sure looks handsome there. Can't imagine how far better he would look in the manga.
Apr 2, 2010 10:04 AM

Oct 2009
Nia9001 said:
francismeunier said:
Nia9001 said:

The first time I read KWMS, Usui gave me a "WOW!I WANNA READ MORE OF THIS!USUI IS LOVE~~" feeling. While here, the appearance of Usui has no effect on me. (jiii~) Except for the ED of course, dammit. He's too hot there. I dunno the exact differences. *tries harder to love Usui in anime-form*
Ok I see.....well I hope as the series progress all will like some characters......I think it's just a matter of getting used to.

Apr 2, 2010 10:09 AM

Feb 2009
Comparison of manga art and anime art

censcellaApr 2, 2010 10:14 AM
Apr 2, 2010 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
Ahh when kaichou blushes , MOE!
Mokyuu♥~!!

Apr 2, 2010 11:14 AM

Nov 2008
Misaki reminds me of Hikari from Special A in basic aspects, however I can sympathize with her. Her character design is simple but attractive. The humor on the whole did not make me flinch but the "maid" part with the guys made me laugh.

When he came in to save her at the end, that scene wasn't as intense as it was meant to be but it was slightly softened with her appealing expression.

Ok episode.
Apr 2, 2010 11:24 AM

May 2008
tsubasalover said:
In the beginning of ED made me lol.

Yeah, I was like WTF? Hmm, a positive thing at least...I like this now...;D
Blackbird said:
Why does this anime remind me a bit of Special A? :S

I also felt the same atmosphere like when I watched Special A, weird but nostalgic :P
francismeunier said:
I find Sakura reminding me a lot of Shirai a little=>

Haha, I thought so, I was like " WTH another Kuroko again?" (not that I didn't like her or anything)...it was funny XD

It was a great ep for a begining, I don't wanna say that the manga is much more better, I think they did a really good job with the characterdesign or the op and ed so I'm quite satisfied with the outcome. Just keep it up!

8/10 for this :D
Apr 2, 2010 11:34 AM

Aug 2008
manga version usui! <3<3 The anime is okay, but the character design is way too...poor... anyway! I still love usui!

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT EP. SCHOOL FESTIVAL!
Apr 2, 2010 11:50 AM

Mar 2009
i absolutely love it!<333
i was waiting like hell just to watch this anime!
OMG. i was so happy to see usui.
maybe he's not as hot as he is in manga, but still he's also hot in the anime.
uwaa.*day dreaming about usui.*>/////<
Apr 2, 2010 11:51 AM

Dec 2007
I enjoyed it. Seems to me like the only criticisms are about the artwork, which frankly is a LOT better than the first promo image. As for the animation itself... it was a LOT higher quality than i was expecting, especially considering it's a shoujo series.

I think they adjusted the art to make it more appealing to guys (making Misaki more moe, and Usui less bishie)

Lastly... for manga readers:
Apr 2, 2010 11:55 AM

Dec 2007
This is very much the Kimi ni Todoke of the season.
Apr 2, 2010 12:00 PM

Jan 2010
The first episode was really good, but I didn't get the same intensity of misaki when she's angry like in the manga. She seemed more of a demon in the manga.

The OP was a bit irritating though

Seems good so far :D
Apr 2, 2010 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
That was a pretty good episode!

Man, this season is way better than Winter 2010. I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 2, 2010 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
i'm disappointed with the art. both misaki and usui look 10000x better in the manga. but overall was alright. didn't really like the OP or the ED
Apr 2, 2010 12:25 PM

Nov 2009
I really liked the 1st episode! WAAAAY better than what i expected it to be XD Yes usui wasnt as hawt as he is in the manga but anime usui isnt that bad.Misaki was drawn ok!I didnt like the ayuzawa house, they arent living in a house Like THAT!Misaki wasnt very demon-ish in this episode!But im just happy that they actually made a KWMS anime XD So overall score 8/10
I watch you sleep <3
Apr 2, 2010 12:38 PM

Apr 2008
Fun start! Misaki in particular with her reactions, the 'maid' attack was hilarious XD

Wasn't sure when announced, but the VAs really fit!!!! Liking the background music too and the OP is likeable enough. Actually was surprised at some characters appearing in the OP, hopefully means it'll be a long running series. As for the ED... lol'd! :P
Apr 2, 2010 12:49 PM

May 2009
chie_shou13 said:
i absolutely love it!<333
maybe he's not as hot as he is in manga, but still he's also hot in the anime

USUI =)

Apr 2, 2010 12:53 PM

Jul 2009
WHOOHOO