Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 22, 2021 11:17 AM

Jan 2019
NiQue_ said:
plebs moaning about the same character designs...

its like Mashimas own anime multiverse where each series have slightly similar characters set in another world. maybe thats already to deep for our anime elitists.

You say that FT and EZ characters look the same because they are part of a multiverse.
But there are others here in the forum who claim there is no connection between them.

So who is right?
May 24, 2021 5:41 AM
May 2017
Because it’s trash. Obviously.
May 24, 2021 6:13 AM
Nov 2019
Netflix Jail and it just feels "derivative" - I've watched Ep. 1-7 and it feels like I've seen it all before, multiple times and better...

FFS he even lifted Happy's design & name from FT and slapped it into EZ and the characters look like they're just the same ones as in FT with some tweaks to hair colour etc..

The whole show feels lazy and generic so far...
May 24, 2021 6:15 AM

Feb 2018
I don't know, I've never watched this series either, could it be that it's lacking in announcements?
May 24, 2021 11:45 AM
Oct 2019
Syureria said:
I don't know, I've never watched this series either, could it be that it's lacking in announcements?

It´s just the members of this site that has a problem with it EZ doesn´t have any problems
May 25, 2021 3:56 AM

Feb 2014
The boomers don't like this kinda show, so that's why.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 25, 2021 10:04 AM
Nov 2018
I haven’t even seen fairy tale and Edens Zero looks like something I’ve seen a billion times before
May 25, 2021 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Because it's not good and people just don't like it
May 26, 2021 11:13 PM

Oct 2017
It's so generic and boring I question how this become popular.
Characters are boring, plots are boring, dialogues are boring.
A quick 3 episode drop for me.
Probably people who're into shota and big boob generic girl will interest in this.
May 27, 2021 3:55 AM
Apr 2016
Yassob said:
Masboy_Z06 said:
bruhh is tht a jokešŸ¤£
idk is it????????
duhh FT was much better
May 28, 2021 6:06 AM
Mar 2020
Piromysl said:
Netflix jail and shoes like this are just not that popular anymore unlike back in 2009, when we had Golden age for long running battle shounens and high demand for those.
Also, IMO this is vastly inferior to Fairy Tail.
That's not even true, just look at Beastars.
May 28, 2021 8:56 AM
May 2016
Fairy tail bias and Netflix jail.

I'd also say that people are divisive on Mashima's fanservice, as it can be overbearing SOMETIMES, and CAN come off as juvenile or bland as well.

There's also unnecessary bias against J.C. Staff for a few poor adaptations, even if said adaptations were poor because producers gave them poor schedules
May 28, 2021 8:56 AM
May 2016
Fairy tail bias and Netflix jail.

I'd also say that people are divisive on Mashima's fanservice, as it can be overbearing SOMETIMES, and CAN come off as juvenile or bland as well.

There's also unnecessary bias against J.C. Staff for a few poor adaptations, even if said adaptations were poor because producers gave them poor schedules
May 28, 2021 2:14 PM

May 2012
Delisches said:
NiQue_ said:

its like Mashimas own anime multiverse where each series have slightly similar characters set in another world. maybe thats already to deep for our anime elitists.

You say that FT and EZ characters look the same because they are part of a multiverse.
But there are others here in the forum who claim there is no connection between them.

So who is right?

https://fairytail.fandom.com/wiki/Mashima_HERO%27S
May 28, 2021 3:18 PM

Jan 2019
k11chi said:
Delisches said:

So who is right?

How does this answer my question?
This looks like a non canon crossover spin off.
Other manga, anime and even games have done the exact same thing, for example Isekai Quartet.
May 28, 2021 5:31 PM

May 2012
Delisches said:
k11chi said:

Other manga, anime and even games have done the exact same thing, for example Isekai Quartet.

Isekai Quartet is irrelevant to this discussion. Isekai series are all non-canon adaptations (anime arent canon) of light novels. this isnt an anime this is a manga volume.

I don't know what you consider as canon, regardless, that's a volume created by the author.
May 28, 2021 5:49 PM

Jan 2019
k11chi said:
Delisches said:

Isekai Quartet is irrelevant to this discussion. Isekai series are all non-canon adaptations (anime arent canon) of light novels. this isnt an anime this is a manga volume.

I don't know what you consider as canon, regardless, that's a volume created by the author.

Manga can also be non canon. I don't know what you are trying to tell me with this manga spin off.
I asked if EZ and FT have an official connection, this spin off doesn't proof that FT and EZ are a multiverse, it's just a non canon spin off in my eyes.

Has the author ever stated that this spin off belongs to the official canon and that FT and EZ are indeed connected?
May 28, 2021 8:01 PM

May 2012
F
Delisches said:
k11chi said:

Manga can also be non canon. I don't know what you are trying to tell me with this manga spin off.
I asked if EZ and FT have an official connection, this spin off doesn't proof that FT and EZ are a multiverse, it's just a non canon spin off in my eyes.

Has the author ever stated that this spin off belongs to the official canon and that FT and EZ are indeed connected?
Which manga to what canon and in what way? In what way does that matter?
All you need to know is that the volume was created by the author who created all these series. It's not up to me to make fanfiction predictions to you.
May 29, 2021 1:29 AM

Jan 2019
k11chi said:
F
Delisches said:

All you need to know is that the volume was created by the author who created all these series. It's not up to me to make fanfiction predictions to you.

????
What are you talking about "fanfiction predictions"? I asked how does a spin off manga answer my question.
I expected somthing like Arale appearing in Dragonball or characters from Higurashi appearing in Umineko, this proofs that these shows are connected. I still don't know what you are trying to tell me with this.

"In what way does that matter?" The manga Cross Epoch is a crossover between One piece and Dragonball. Is the story canon? No. Does it proof that One piece and Dragonball are in the same world? No. This is why I am asking, because every crossover I read so far is non canon.
May 29, 2021 1:38 AM

Jan 2019
I looked up the question myself in the meantime.
It seems like the author himself stated that FT and EZ are not connected, I should have done that form the beginning...
May 29, 2021 10:12 AM

May 2012
Delisches said:
k11chi said:
F

????
What are you talking about "fanfiction predictions"? I asked how does a spin off manga answer my question.
I expected somthing like Arale appearing in Dragonball or characters from Higurashi appearing in Umineko, this proofs that these shows are connected. I still don't know what you are trying to tell me with this.

"In what way does that matter?" The manga Cross Epoch is a crossover between One piece and Dragonball. Is the story canon? No. Does it proof that One piece and Dragonball are in the same world? No. This is why I am asking, because every crossover I read so far is non canon.

of course they arent --------- dragon ball is created by akira toriyama>; dragon ball takes place in the dr. slump universe.
Jun 1, 2021 1:44 AM
May 2021
“Netflix Jail” LOL šŸ˜‚ It’s 2021 and up exclusivity is big in every media. Every platform has exclusives. If a show is on HBO is it in “HBO Jail” reviews are for the actual show content not who is distributing it. Posts full of people reviewing shows they haven’t seen šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚
Jun 1, 2021 2:53 AM

Jul 2012
Cant tell since i havent watched it yet, but i can see 8 episodes out of 25 and people already rating it.
Also i noticed anime reviewing community aint sharpest tool in shed.
Jun 1, 2021 3:28 PM

Mar 2016
from the plot, it looks uninteresting tbh plus the characters are ripoffs from ft lmao, why would mashima plagiarize his own manga characters, creativity 0? but i would definitely give it try once it finishes airing, i really love rave and still believe if rave had been given as much attention as ft, it could have been the far superior one
Jun 1, 2021 3:29 PM

Mar 2016
from the plot, it looks uninteresting tbh plus the characters are ripoffs from ft lmao, why would mashima plagiarize his own manga characters, creativity 0? but i would definitely give it try once it finishes airing, i really love rave and still believe if rave had been given as much attention as ft, it could have been the far superior one
Jun 1, 2021 4:37 PM
Mar 2018
Are you sure this isn't Fairy Tail?
Jun 1, 2021 5:05 PM
May 2018

The plot is very interesting. Similar characters are made on purpose. Their resemblance is even played out in the crossover manga. Hiro Mashima using the Osamu Tezuka's Star System. It’s time to know this already. But people like you do not want to understand the topic. It's easier for you to hate instead of understanding.
Jun 1, 2021 6:44 PM

Nov 2014
KuwabaraGoat said:
“Netflix Jail” LOL šŸ˜‚ It’s 2021 and up exclusivity is big in every media. Every platform has exclusives. If a show is on HBO is it in “HBO Jail” reviews are for the actual show content not who is distributing it. Posts full of people reviewing shows they haven’t seen šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

That's not what Netflix Jail refers to. It has to do with the shows not streaming weekly and instead being hung up for months even after the end of the season.
Quality Queen.
Jun 1, 2021 6:46 PM

Aug 2017
Cuz this isn't 2009 and most people don't trust Mashima writing after Fairy Tail.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 1, 2021 9:21 PM
May 2018
Cuz this isn't 2009 and most people don't trust Mashima writing after Fairy Tail.

You should never judge an author on just one work. And you definitely shouldn't judge by character designs alone, as most Mashima haters do. Many of them don't even know that Fairy Tail is not Mashima's first manga. And not the best.
Jun 2, 2021 12:53 AM
Oct 2019
Nurguburu said:

You mean Most ( MAL people )
Fairy Tail´s Final arc wasn´t perfect, It was purposely rushed (Tho 100 YQ arc is going strong )

Rave Master was very great with a better final arc

Edens Zero is a darker much more similar to Rave in terms of writing.
Mazetriple100Jun 2, 2021 2:12 AM
Jun 2, 2021 1:06 AM
Oct 2019
ViktorZhukov2018 said:

You should never judge an author on just one work. And you definitely shouldn't judge by character designs alone, as most Mashima haters do. Many of them don't even know that Fairy Tail is not Mashima's first manga. And not the best.

They forget the reason Mashima didn´t want anyone to die was because he wanted FT to be different from Rave

But it doesn´t mean there was no deaths

- The Magic Council members = Gran Doma , Org , Belno

- Lahar, Simon ,

- Igneel

- Sabertooth´s background characters some died at the Ice mountain by Bloodman and some died in the forest by Bloodman´s gas

Mazetriple100Jun 2, 2021 1:14 AM
Jun 2, 2021 11:21 AM

Mar 2020
Because the quality is laughable compared to other shows this season?
Jun 2, 2021 12:32 PM

Jan 2018
It doesn't even have an official release, very few people will go to the hassle of pirating it and most of them are either manga readers or hardcore elitists. Compare this to the amount of potential viewers it can get on Netflix and the difference is laughable. Give it time, we'll see how popular it'll be in the West once it releases here.
Jun 2, 2021 4:46 PM
Mar 2021
It's not Seinen. Seinen (aside from MHA) are all the craze lately. Some people don't like watching a show that is guaranteed to make them happy like Fairy Tail. Some fans like the unpredictable nature of darker shows. I'm personally someone who ABSOLUTELY LOVES Edens Zero so far and it makes me feel like Fairy Tail is back which fills me with the utmost happiness but others respectfully don't share this opinion. It's not a Seinen
Jun 3, 2021 6:29 AM
Oct 2020
NiQue_ said:

It's not a multiverse. Delisches looked it up, Mashima himself wrote his stories aren't connected (Including Rave Master, which had a crossover with FT, but they still don't take place in the same universe).

Why I don't watch EZ? 100 % because of the character designs. Rave Master had better designs. Monster Hunter looked better. The only designs that look new to me are Weisz Steiner, Pino and Sister Ivry. Every other character looks like copy paste. Mashima is good at designing support characters, his FT villains looked amazing at times, but his main character designs are lazy.

Imagine JJBA would recycle each Jojo design and just recolor them slightly.
Imagine all MCs in each Digimon season looked like Taichi, Hikari and Sora.
Imagine all "leading" female Yu Gi Oh! characters in each season looked like Anzu.

EZ's character designs are even less creative than the ones from the Fate series. And those ARE connected in a multiverse.
Jun 4, 2021 10:02 AM
Oct 2019
Say Thanks to Netflix Jail.
Jun 5, 2021 2:31 PM

Aug 2020
I got the same question as OP, but probably the answer is that people just go after the ones who were more hyped. And there's also the prejudice due to the design being similar to Fairy Tail's.

Jun 5, 2021 4:37 PM

Jan 2018
probably because most people have not seen fairy tail and think they have to watch that before this show.
and the lots who have seen fairy tail are disappointed with this so in the end nobody's watching
Jun 5, 2021 5:44 PM
Jun 2021
Mostly regarded as Fairy Tail 2.0
Jun 6, 2021 2:35 AM
Feb 2020
"From the author who wrote that thing everyone hated, and animated by the studio who ruined One Punch Man season 2, comes [INSERT DESCRIPTION HERE]. Streaming exclusively nowhere.

You couldn't deal a show a worse hand if you tried.
Jun 6, 2021 11:28 AM

Nov 2014
Vpeyjilji57 said:
"From the author who wrote that thing everyone hated, and animated by the studio who ruined One Punch Man season 2, comes [INSERT DESCRIPTION HERE]. Streaming exclusively nowhere.

This is the correct answer.
Quality Queen.
Jun 6, 2021 1:49 PM
Nov 2019
RAWRfizzz said:
Vpeyjilji57 said:

This is the correct answer.
Yet it reach to the Top 10 of most viewed Anime in Japan in another topic. I don't think the issue is it 'isn't' or 'can't' be popular, more that we have be patience on it getting to good stuff and build like different series did.

Shouldn't take website as this meaning a series is 'good' or 'bad' when in reality not the case at times especially some are bandwagon trolls who have to learn to understand to watch and read a series on its worth than thinking due to previous work on what author or studio did given people can do better and want to do more than before with their work.
Jun 6, 2021 6:46 PM

May 2013
We all know the answer, it is not currently popular outside Japan because of the Netflix situation.
As for Japan it is actually popular, as stated by the previous poster and in another topic!
Jun 6, 2021 7:42 PM

Aug 2015
ah yes more stupidity in the Edens Zero forum.

Hiro Mashima is walking in cash while yall favorite mangaka can't get another series or anime.

Such a trash and hated mangaka get more work and project out than any other.

So who right? Your poor taste in anime or what make an anime or manga series good or your small little bubble that only LOVE reading and watching Shonen Jump series because those series make you feel like a kid because the story and characters in those series are so basic and generic.

See how easy it is to bring negativity.

If you don't like something shut up about it otherwise you are making yourself look more like a obsessive ex girlfriend.
Jun 6, 2021 9:39 PM
Mar 2015
Honestly. People just hate how they re-use character designs. Mitsuru Adachi can reuse characters and almost entire plots and is called a legend but Mashima does it and people get upset because they dislike Fairy Tail. This is better than 90% of shows rated a 7.00
Jun 6, 2021 9:42 PM
Mar 2015
Honestly. People just hate how they re-use character designs. Mitsuru Adachi can reuse characters and almost entire plots and is called a legend but Mashima does it and people get upset because they dislike Fairy Tail. This is better than 90% of shows rated a 7.00
Jun 7, 2021 9:04 PM
Apr 2021
Aytr0 said:
It's not Seinen. Seinen (aside from MHA) are all the craze lately. Some people don't like watching a show that is guaranteed to make them happy like Fairy Tail. Some fans like the unpredictable nature of darker shows. I'm personally someone who ABSOLUTELY LOVES Edens Zero so far and it makes me feel like Fairy Tail is back which fills me with the utmost happiness but others respectfully don't share this opinion. It's not a Seinen

Edens Zero hasn’t been all that happy. Nothing too tragic happened yet but Mashima has proven he is willing to change that. Seinen has been pretty popular recently but dark shonen like chainsaw man and jujutsu kaisen has been on the rise and even if it isn’t the horror action manga that chainsaw man and jjk is, I would still call it a dark shonen.
Jun 8, 2021 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
because it's absolute god awful garbage
Jun 12, 2021 7:19 AM

May 2009
Aytr0 said:
It's not Seinen. Seinen (aside from MHA) are all the craze lately

The fuck? Are you implying BnHA is seinen?
spaesu said:
because it's absolute god awful garbage

That was never a factor.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

45 by nessflamvell1992 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:26 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

50 by amf85 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

33 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 17, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

162 by nyankana »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

123 by NatsuDragneel33 »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.