Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 3, 2021 8:22 AM
Feb 2021
Amalik0029 said:
alpha_shadow said:

I've actually known about this manga's existence for a few years now, which to be fair, is a longer time than you've even been an anime fan tbh. The only context where I enjoyed this "sport" was where it was basically mocked in the Chio-chan manga, since it was used for a comedic effect type of thing.
smart guy you love kabbadi when it is playing by big boobs loli ,then this anime is not for you I suppose 😌

Well said! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Apr 3, 2021 8:40 AM

Dec 2009
That was funny, why the bad scores, I laughed so hard, I think it has potential! *thumbs up* Looking forward to this series, I'm curious about the captain's personality. ^^
Apr 3, 2021 8:42 AM
Sep 2019
RayReynolds said:

I didn't expect this to be good, but good lord, it's almost fascinating just for how badly put together it is. The main character is a misanthropic streamer who's also a famous former soccer player. He is desired by all the sports clubs and constantly being harassed to join them and always says no, but is terrified that people find out he streams, AND immediately jumps to any and all taunts. He's also bribed by the dude creating a handful of fake accounts because this will be how he hits the big time. It's like both they know nothing about the internet, nor expect their audience to know anything about it either.

The idiocy carries over to the bits where they're playing kabaddi too. They go to this big explanation of how you need to tag someone and then quickly run away, which is followed by demonstrating it. The demonstration has STRUGGLE blasted across screen, then the guys tagged simply stand there and declare "Oh, we're in struggle now. We are now supposed to stop him from getting back to his side." I'm serious. They just stand there and re-explain the rules of the game to each other. This thing happens over and over. It's possible the creators don't really understand the game either and just glommed onto "STRUGGLE" as something they could slap on screen in a still before calling it a day.

I get what you are saying, and partly agree with it, but the creators do need to introduce a game which is fairly unheard of. And if that is slightly dramatic, it's ok, It is an anime after all.
Apr 3, 2021 8:59 AM

Jan 2016
A good first episode, and I'm definitely gonna stay for this one if it keeps staying on this level. I thought the animation on the trailer looked kinda off, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that this had actually decent animation.

To be honest, I've liked playing games like tag and dodgeball since I was little, so I think I'm gonna like this anime, as kabaddi has some elements of tag and dodging in it. That, and the hot muscle bois. Definitely looking forward for some fanservice if there is some lol
Apr 3, 2021 9:25 AM

Aug 2020
Good anime characters and OP. What.... I thought that bold man in the opening is saitama lmao
AhrumApr 3, 2021 9:28 AM

Apr 3, 2021 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
really and an interesting sport, I hope the matches are good.
Apr 3, 2021 10:03 AM

May 2015
It was an ok episode but I wasn't interested in this sport in the first place, seems kinda annoying to me. I thought maybe the anime itself could be interesting because I like sports anime in general, but no, the whole situation felt somewhat random, I didn't really like any of the characters and the set up to force someone into the team is meh.
Apr 3, 2021 10:04 AM

Jun 2020
I swear I’ll watching anything with Yuuma. And that voice cast. Nobu, Furukawa Makoto, Suzuki Tatsuhisa, even Ayu, wtf is this voice cast!!!!! Sure-watch for me. They fit the characters really well. Especially Makoto, I can see why he was cast as Iura lol

Didn’t think I’ll like the character designs that much but I’m living for Yoigoshi......look at them thiccccc thighs. He’s hot. A hot......dork.....L O L @ how serious he is about his live-streaming lol

Omg I was laughing when Yoigoshi was like “don’t introduce yourselves.......” LOL!!! What a fun first episode & introduction to the sport. Excited for more & Nobu’s character. The ED by Yuuma is great too♡

Hope it doesn’t turn into a typical, mediocre & forgettable seasonal sports anime like what skate leading stars & wave were last seasonI have hope in this. Seems like fun!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 3, 2021 10:33 AM

May 2020
The animation was def not that great. But Kabaddi was something I've loved playing since a young age with friends. And it's interesting to see it having an anime adaptation.

Definitely seems like it's going to be a fun watch. Hope I stick till the end.

Maybe try sleeping?

Apr 3, 2021 12:21 PM
Jun 2020
PongoBeast said:
Where did you people find this anime. My usual websites dont have it (yet) and i dont want to wait

Gogoanime, there’s no anime that wouldn’t be there
Apr 3, 2021 3:06 PM

Aug 2018
There was so many still shot with impact frames over them. Looks like it will be the sort of show that made on a budget
_______I like rocks__
Apr 3, 2021 3:15 PM

Nov 2019
"Date Shinji" reminds me of "Gyoumei Himejima / Kimetsu no Yaiba"
Apr 3, 2021 5:35 PM
Jan 2021
Nice first episode, kinda basic for a sports anime just introducing characters but the sport seems very interesting so I’m excited to see where the show goes.
Apr 3, 2021 8:22 PM
Sep 2016
Why so much hate? It is a sports anime so if don't like sports then don't watch it
Apr 3, 2021 11:15 PM
Mar 2021
It was not the most mind blowing first episode, nor was it extremely entertaining or anything. This does not mean i will not watch the next episode, the characters were nice and likeable, and the fact that it is a show about Kabaddi was what will keep my interest unless they ruin it somehow.
I am excited to see what is going to happen next.
Apr 3, 2021 11:30 PM
Feb 2021
This sports series really has loads of potential and first episode is really rewatchable in terms of tonal balance shift and relatable characters, especially Yoigoshi who gave up sports because of jealousy and the coaches always wanting perfect skills just because he's a prodigy/genius in sports. Of course additional eccentric & determined characters are a plus for a great watch.

Animation quality may not be great at most times, but it's at least consistent with the BGM music and well-written basic dialogue.

And the sports Kabaddi is explained better especially the chanting being used for stopwatch method unlike other series making a joke of it being a Buddhist-like prayer chant.

Trivia: ED theme song is sung by Yoigoshi's VA which you won't believe it's the same person having the soothing singing voice & rough talking voice at same time. 😅😊
Apr 4, 2021 12:29 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I have to admit that I never heard of Kabaddi. It seems lit its a physical version of tag mixed with some elements of Rugby in terms of tackling your opponent. I wish they had this sport at my school because it looks like some thing I could excel in since I used to wrestle in high school.
Apr 4, 2021 12:48 AM
Aug 2016
What's with the 1K plus 1/5 ratings? It wasn't really that bad of an episode lol
Apr 4, 2021 1:44 AM

Feb 2020
Ok i'm not expecting this anime to be good... damn this first Ep was nice.. first I was like 'ok ITS pretty decent so far and then they're explain the game and boy it sound fun. But we'll see if the actual sport would be that good.
Apr 4, 2021 3:14 AM
Sep 2018
Koustubh said:
What's with the 1K plus 1/5 ratings? It wasn't really that bad of an episode lol

They are bots. MAL is having an issue lately.
Apr 4, 2021 4:36 AM
Aug 2016
blahblah1000 said:
Koustubh said:

They are bots. MAL is having an issue lately.

Hmm... Sounds kinda problematic. Anyway, let's hope MAL fixes it in the future.
Apr 4, 2021 5:35 AM
Jul 2014
Didn't expect anything from this, but the first ep was great. Looking forward to the next ones.
Apr 4, 2021 6:15 AM

Oct 2008
kabaddi? ... oh the indian contact team sport? ... this is gonna be good for sure!
5/5.

Apr 4, 2021 7:26 AM

Nov 2018
I abso-fucking-lutely loved the first episode! It's amazing that I, as an Indian, get to watch this anime based on Kabaddi, but it also sucks that no freaking one has licensed it to simulcast here in India, so I'm sorry I have to watch it on illegal streaming sites.
यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥
Apr 4, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
The OP payed so much attention to the black haired shota that I was quite confused about who the protagonist was.

This isn't good, but it's fun.

I kind of don't like the outlines of the drawings. They seem so digital and lifeless. I hope I get used to it.
Apr 4, 2021 3:23 PM

Mar 2009
Cool that there's an anime about Kabaddi, but bizarre that people in India can't even watch it streaming legally. Nice job, Crunchyroll! As always.

Was a pretty good first episode. The jokes with Yoigoshi's stream made me laugh a few times. The streaming life is a hard one...
Apr 4, 2021 7:01 PM
Oct 2019
I kind of found the first episode really cringy
Apr 4, 2021 7:52 PM
Jan 2021
Mr_Srijan said:
veemon23 said:
So much hate for this show and it's only episode 1 lol... it's not amazing or great, but it was a fun watch. Learning about a sport I never heard of it or played. I don't like sports anime I play lol... so I usually more open to ones I don't do.

That's not hate. That is "Bots At Work".

Is there anyway to stop bots

Apr 4, 2021 11:04 PM
Apr 2016
Hivoldep42 said:
RayReynolds said:

I didn't expect this to be good, but good lord, it's almost fascinating just for how badly put together it is. The main character is a misanthropic streamer who's also a famous former soccer player. He is desired by all the sports clubs and constantly being harassed to join them and always says no, but is terrified that people find out he streams, AND immediately jumps to any and all taunts. He's also bribed by the dude creating a handful of fake accounts because this will be how he hits the big time. It's like both they know nothing about the internet, nor expect their audience to know anything about it either.

The idiocy carries over to the bits where they're playing kabaddi too. They go to this big explanation of how you need to tag someone and then quickly run away, which is followed by demonstrating it. The demonstration has STRUGGLE blasted across screen, then the guys tagged simply stand there and declare "Oh, we're in struggle now. We are now supposed to stop him from getting back to his side." I'm serious. They just stand there and re-explain the rules of the game to each other. This thing happens over and over. It's possible the creators don't really understand the game either and just glommed onto "STRUGGLE" as something they could slap on screen in a still before calling it a day.

I get what you are saying, and partly agree with it, but the creators do need to introduce a game which is fairly unheard of. And if that is slightly dramatic, it's ok, It is an anime after all.

At least you can see the drama. The fluff of the post you replied to might have drowned in the pretentiousness of its message.
Apr 4, 2021 11:12 PM
Apr 2016
alpha_shadow said:
writerRichieK said:

Instead of bashing this sports anime that clearly will not be for everyone's cup of tea, there's the option to drop quietly.

Plus, there's no such thing as a retarded sport. And don't you dare say chess is another example of it! 😠

All sports are retarded to be honest, if that makes you feel any better, that's how I feel at least. Kabaddi just takes the cake for how dumb it is. There's also the option where I leave a forum post where I share what I felt after watching this.

"I hate X genre and my time is so valuable I will watch X genre even though I think X genre is "retarded" I am big brain".
Apr 4, 2021 11:13 PM
Apr 2016
alpha_shadow said:
writerRichieK said:

Instead of bashing this sports anime that clearly will not be for everyone's cup of tea, there's the option to drop quietly.

Plus, there's no such thing as a retarded sport. And don't you dare say chess is another example of it! 😠

All sports are retarded to be honest, if that makes you feel any better, that's how I feel at least. Kabaddi just takes the cake for how dumb it is. There's also the option where I leave a forum post where I share what I felt after watching this.

"I hate X genre and my time is so valuable I will watch X genre even though I think X genre is "retarded" I am big brain".
Apr 5, 2021 2:31 AM
Feb 2021
waw the animation is so good
Apr 5, 2021 9:38 AM
Apr 2021
Damn that episode love with kabbadi :O
Apr 6, 2021 6:56 AM

Jul 2012
Hm that was... ok? The sports may be fun to watch but ngl I'm not a fan of the overall art, idk why. I don't mind the animation but paired with the char design it was bothering me a bit (and I swear im not one to particularly care about animation but there's something about it in this show that's not sitting well with me...). Characters seem ok enough as well.

Either way I'll keep watching. At least I'll get to know more about kabaddi.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Apr 6, 2021 8:54 AM

Dec 2018
it was a good first ep, hope it stays consistent
Apr 6, 2021 9:34 AM

Jan 2019
tbh, as an Indian, I was quite excited to watch this. But after watching the 1st episode, my excitement died. The way they showed us how Kabaddi works was kinda good. But the way they're showcasing it in the anime is not that good. I'd rather watch VIVO Pro Kabaddi League highlights!
Apr 6, 2021 9:42 AM

Jan 2019
FierBub said:
I abso-fucking-lutely loved the first episode! It's amazing that I, as an Indian, get to watch this anime based on Kabaddi, but it also sucks that no freaking one has licensed it to simulcast here in India, so I'm sorry I have to watch it on illegal streaming sites.

why tf is anyone even gonna license it??
It will be only their loss if any platform does so. Noone's gonna support it here as everyone believes it's a good-for-nothing CARTOON!!
Apr 6, 2021 10:43 AM

Dec 2016
It was a nice start. Also it's a perfect time for a Kabaddi anime when there's Bangabandhu Kabaddi Cup 2021 going on in Bangladesh :-D

It's fun to watch an anime about a sport I used to play when I was a kid and now this anime makes me want to play Kabaddi again.

The way they were chanting ‘kabaddi’ was giving me OCD like you should chant a bit faster....

When Tatsuya felt embarrassed at first that was relatable I felt embarrassed too chanting kabaddi repeatedly but got used to it XD

The OP is OK but I really like the ED by Uchida Yuuma. The ost is really addictive, looks like they gave a lot of tabla music since this sport is from Indian subcontinent.

I can already tell this will be the best sports anime of this season (I may sound biased since I'm a from Bangladesh XD), let's see what Bakuten has in store for us.

Anyway, the amount of hated it is....I feel like those who gave it 5 are mostly Indians and Bangladeshis....
Rickydory123Apr 6, 2021 10:57 AM
Apr 6, 2021 9:19 PM

Nov 2009
I hoped it would be more entertaining considering how the manga won some award or something... But it's mediocre so far. Let's see how it goes for a couple more episodes.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 7, 2021 7:31 AM
Dec 2019
KANLen09 said:
Well, that's one way of introducing a famous soccer player-turned-NEET Tatsuya Yoigoshi into the world of the Bangladeshi sport that is Kabaddi.

And truth be told, Kabaddi might look like a game of tag, but it's more than just that alone.

A really great start introducing and teaching us the world of Kabaddi.

Kabaddi is a popular contact sport in Southern Asia that first originated in Ancient India
Apr 7, 2021 7:39 AM
Dec 2019
Kabaddi is a popular contact sport in Southern Asia that first originated in Ancient India.

The 1st episode is pretty mediocre and simple yet entertaining i'm an indian and watching a anime about a sport of my country feels good.

I just want this anime to be popular so people from other countrys will understand what kabaddi actually is so far the animation and artstyle is great, hope the show get's better with every episode.
Apr 7, 2021 2:22 PM
Apr 2021
_MushiRock11_ said:
Decent first episode. Despite the sport being my country's national sport, I'd no idea what the rules were except for the chanting part lol so it's nice to rundown of the general rules.

Poor MC, being dragged by the wits of the Vice Pres. Quite the football star one's got to be to have hardly been tackled, a lot of dirty and foul play he must've endured I imagine.

Souma's not to be taken lightly, eh.
actually the chanting rules are changed. You have to chant during the raid but their is a 30 second timer to complete the raid if you can't come back before that, even if you were chanting you are out.
Apr 7, 2021 5:55 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Asur_the_demon said:
actually the chanting rules are changed. You have to chant during the raid but their is a 30 second timer to complete the raid if you can't come back before that, even if you were chanting you are out.

Oh, I see, thanks!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 8, 2021 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
this was pretty interesting, cool sport which i didn't even know it existed but it actually looks quite fun.
Apr 9, 2021 9:06 PM
Apr 2021
Amazing must watch
Apr 12, 2021 9:34 AM
May 2016
Honestly it's been a while since a character annoyed me so much I dropped the anime altogether. I hate that vice president so much, blackmailing people to be on your team? The anime try to make the president's tactics not as bad as they seems, and the MC's partly to blame for being goaded into the final challenge, but doxxing a streamer is not okay in my book. Scumbag.
Apr 13, 2021 2:47 AM
Feb 2021
Really good in my opinion i like characters and design, it seems good
Apr 13, 2021 2:05 PM

Jan 2020
I'm pleasantly surprised to be honest. Kabaddi is a sport that I used to play a lot during middle school, and watching an anime that revolves around it is really, really cool. Luckily, I'm quite enjoying the anime so far. The animation is on the "meh" side, but the characters are pretty entertaining. Looking forward to more!

I just realized how weird Kabaddi may sound like to people unfamiliar with it. And I get it, I understand why some may find it bizzare. But it's a very integral and traditional sport in our country (our national sport, even), so I personally don't find it weird at all.

What's up with all the 1/5 votes though?
IrrelevantGuyApr 13, 2021 2:14 PM
Apr 13, 2021 2:23 PM

Jan 2020
RayReynolds said:

Chill out, dude. How was everything badly put together? It is only the first episode, they gotta establish the plot and the characters, you know? We will eventually find out why the protagonist behaves like that. As for the Kabaddi bit, it's understandable why they decided to demonstrate the game that way. Kabaddi is barely known to anyone outside Asia, especially Southern Asia. So explaining the game in such a simplistic way is required for the viewers to get acquainted with it—most of whom haven't even heard about Kabaddi, let alone played it.
Apr 27, 2021 3:02 AM

Aug 2018
Curious sport xd, I liked the first chapter, let's see how this anime continues.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 7, 2021

39 by S_animesh_ss »»
Jan 6, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 18, 2021

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 6:04 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 21, 2021

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:42 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 16, 2021

41 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu Kabaddi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 9, 2021

80 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.