Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 19, 2021 8:34 AM
Oct 2020
shintaroudesuu said:
Wen_tnuocca said:
Okay, so if Yotsuba was really the childhood crush back then, who the hell is/was Rena girl, I think that’s the name. Why did Yotsuba lie about her name? Was the boat scene Yotsuba in disguise? In which case she shouldn’t have feelings for Uesugi, as she said good bye to him. Or was this a move to simply to avoid sister division?

I have no idea? One of the footage in episode 10, Ichika saw a photo of Yotsuba and Fuutarou when it fell on the box that Itsuki was holding. Previously, the photo belonged to Fuutarou, but it was taken by "Rena", and in the box that Itsuki was holding, also contained "Rena" clothes. In other words, the "Rena" that Fuutarou encountered was Itsuki. However, Itsuki had already explained that the girl Fuutarou met 5 years ago was Yotsuba. The current Rena, with the girl Fuutarou met 5 years ago is a different person. In episode 2/3, Fuutarou said that Fuutarou didn't know the name of the girl he met 5 years ago. That means, Yotsuba had not told Fuutarou her name during the study tour. That didn't mean the Yotsuba were lying, it was because they were different people. Then, based on this episode, it can be concluded that Yotsuba and Itsuki both knew about the study tour incident 5 years ago. However, Nino doesn't know it at all (From the scene in Season 1), which reveals that Nino didn't meet Fuutarou 5 years ago. The reason why Itsuki used the name Rena? I don't know, in the scene a few episodes before, that Itsuki was devastated by the departure of her mother. Also, it was shown that one of Itsuki's strong motivations for becoming a teacher was her mother. Itsuki is the person who has the strongest bond with her mother, so maybe that is the reason why she uses the name Rena. Btw, Rena's name was revealed when the Scrambled Eggs episode ended. The reason why Itsuki disguised herself as Rena? I don't know, let's see the next episode.

Then, I guess the current "Rena" isn't Yotsuba. When Fuutarou was wet from falling in the lake, at that time he met the Yotsuba, there was no way she could change clothes quickly. Then, we all also know the Yotsuba have bad acting skills.
Ever since the boat incident, it been gnawing at the back if my mind it might have been a hallucination.
Mar 19, 2021 9:00 AM

Mar 2017
The-Wombat said:
Man Itsuki felt super weird this episode, like all of a sudden she is madly in love with uesegi.

no shes not, shes trying to rile up yostuba to be honest and into confessing that she met with him in kyoto years ago, and that sehe likes him as well.
Mar 19, 2021 9:04 AM
Mar 2015
Yotsuba identified as the girl in the picture Ichika basically ruled herself out by dressing as Miku
Mar 19, 2021 9:10 AM

Aug 2018
There's no way they can wrap this story up in one episode, but to make a whole season 3 might be a bit too much. Let's hope they do a michi random like +/- 4 episodes OVA
Mar 19, 2021 9:17 AM

Jan 2019
Yeah it's true they cut a bunch of stuff, but I still thought it was enjoyable. Didn't expect the reveal that fast though. Really wonder if they gonna wrap it up next episode or leave it be some cliffhanger, though I doubt the latter.

So either S3, or movie?
Mar 19, 2021 9:49 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Miku got support from Yotsuba. Not only that Miku also get cheer up by her rival/sister, Nino, who care about her sister as she did before.
Ichika disappointed all her sisters right now. (Her disguise scene doesn't count as a confession)
Miku worry mostly about herself and couldn't be straight forward with her feelings. Still 0 confession made and can't think of any thing else.

I give this episode to Nino for being able to quickly assess the situation and prioritize her sister over her romance. (FYI, Nino's confession count: 3)

As for Yotsuba being the childhood friend, we don't know if she still had feeling for him or not since all she care about is her sister than herself. Same with Itsuki who is rooting for Yotsuba. Both of them are still in the race?
Mar 19, 2021 9:58 AM

Dec 2020
season 3 ?
nino a good sister she helps miku to not give up
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Mar 19, 2021 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was super packed, it as like a whole season on itself.
Mar 19, 2021 10:47 AM

Apr 2020
So it was Yotsuba that met Fuutarou along time ago in Tokyo, I wasn’t expecting that to be honest. I feel bad for Miku in this episode, especially at the near end when she was crying. Overall this episode was actually really great. I hope that they’ll make a season 3, if not I’ll just enjoy the last episode next week.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 19, 2021 11:28 AM
Jan 2017
*SNAP*
Yep, this one's going in my quintuplet compilation folder
Mar 19, 2021 11:54 AM

Mar 2017
So Yotsuba's the girl from Futaro's past huh? I was wondering why Itsuki was acting strange but I didn't expect it to be down to concern for Yotsuba keeping quiet about being the girl from 6 years ago.

I don't like the way the sisters' bond is just falling apart over a boy... they're not just family, they're best friends, and yet they're fighting like this over Futaro. I was glad when Nino called out Ichika because as she said; Futaro is important to them but their sisterly bond is important too.
Mar 19, 2021 12:58 PM

May 2018

man, this could've used some Nino fanservice.......but overall this episode was just damn boring,
Mar 19, 2021 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
Too much crammed into one episode again, unfortunately. The emotional impact of a lot of these revelations and moments, particularly the confrontation at the summit, was entirely diminished because the show just wanted to fly to the next scene as quickly as possible.
Mar 19, 2021 3:08 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
There's so much I want to say but the main thing is that I'm so glad that Futarou saw through Ichika's act when pretending to be Miku. Miku doesn't deserve that disrespect and it's interesting to know that Futarou actually knew that Miku liked him. She did make it pretty obvious, but I'm glad he's not that dense. I'm also so glad that Yotsuba just straight up knew exactly what Ichika was planning when she saw Ichika dressed up as Miku and said exactly what needed to be said. Thank you so much, Yotsuba, for addressing Ichika's shit. Honestly, this and the last episode has made me ok if Yotsuba ends up as the winner. Before, it was just Nino and Miku, but Yotsuba also deserves her spot in the light.

Nino is still best girl though. She's clear about what she wants and will do what she feels is necessary to make Futarou pick her, but she doesn't put down her other sisters. She encourages them to fight for him with her in a fair manner, and she will be happy for whoever wins. That is best girl material right there, ladies and gentlemen.
Mar 19, 2021 3:22 PM

Nov 2017
There’s no better couple than Ichika and a slap to the face :)
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

man, this could've used some Nino fanservice.......but overall this episode was just damn boring,

Why would there be fanservice during that scene...?
Koito91Mar 20, 2021 8:58 AM
Mar 19, 2021 3:33 PM
Jan 2017
Of COURSE it was Yotsuba was the girl from the past. I feel like such a BAKA for not realizing it becauz it should hav been obvious since she's the only one out ov the 5 it could hav been.
Mar 19, 2021 3:44 PM
Nov 2019
I hope there's a season 3 because rushed endings can really mess up an anime's overall enjoyment for me.
Mar 19, 2021 4:42 PM
Dec 2016
juniorrrbello said:
Idk if my memory is deceiving me but I swear there was more stuff in between the events of this episode?

And the Rena reveal at the end? Is it just me or was this episode just a mix of random events
You would be correct sir. Because they cut some events and also sped up some events. The reveal at the end didn't happen at that moment in the manga, but a few chapters later.
Mar 19, 2021 4:47 PM

Feb 2021
I'm shocked, Yotsuba? I didn't expect! Great episode, even though I'm feel sorry for Miku, Ichika didn't act in the best way...
Mar 19, 2021 4:48 PM

Jan 2019
Too rushed, it's a mess now. If they end the whole thing in this one season, ignoring so many scenes (which they already did), I honestly would be very disappointed. Most people will not digest the ending.
Mar 19, 2021 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
BetaMaleUltra said:
FrozenLich said:

Also due to being quintuplets, they are all somehow able to disguise themselves as any one of them? The first thing that came to mind was these 5 sisters sharing this guy fooling him with disguise. Too bad they already ruled it out by making him realize who is who even with disguise on. Would have made for a pretty funny spinoff.

Guess you could call it character development, finally. Mc-kun really isn't so dense after all and can finally pick up their unique quirks that should've made it really easy to differentiate them in the first place!

He can already tell who yotsuba is since she has no acting skills whatsoever, and miku and nino are like the quietest and loudest respectively so they should be easy to tell who's who. Itsuki is kind of in the middle, I'd like to say a blend of all 4, which is why I want HER to win. And while ichika is the one with the talent of acting, mc-kun revealed that her acting is not good enough after all.

Yeah maybe I would've liked them to remain on the disguise aspect a little longer. It was kind of fun. But we have to move on

shintaroudesuu said:
Lol, I'm just saying that the whole 5-toubun no Hanayome story is a flashback. In season 1 episode 1 it is shown that Fuutarou is married, so actually from the start even though there is no way 5-toubun has an Original Ending.

Yeah of course he's going to get married, no one's going to change that. The question is WHO did he marry, duh

I mean, if the whole story is a flashback, then Fuutarou's love story with someone he marries has also started since the flashback. Of course the person he marries will be the same for all the events that have happened so far. So, for those who hope for ORIGINAL ENDING, it is very unlikely. What's more, for the harem ending and the different routes, Fuutarou and the bride 'love story starts from a very long time.
Mar 19, 2021 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! So glad that Ichika finally got caught, it was such a great moment when she meets Yotsuba and Miku, GG girl.

Nino continues to completely dominate when it comes to fair game, on the other hand, i guess it's time for Miku to finally step in.
But idk why Itsuki would do that, it seems like she has some feelings for him now too lmao

And the whole bus scene with Yotsuba was so good, at least he's getting it slowly, but he's on the right path.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 19, 2021 11:45 PM

Jan 2020
SogiitaGunha said:

A VN comes out the same day the last episode airs. Seems totally intentional.

Wait... What? A gotoubun no hanayome vn?
Mar 19, 2021 11:47 PM

Jun 2019
I was hoping Ichika will do something much worse but nah. Overall this season is all over the place, I just can't get into it. I'm just hoping that Ichika will trash things up for some entertainment.
Mar 19, 2021 11:51 PM

Jan 2020
ClickBaitBuster said:
As a Nino and Ichika fan, I was really annoyed at the way Negi used Ichika as a stepping stone to make Yotsuba look like a Mary Sue level selfless angel, make Nino have an unnecessary holier than thou act, and victimize Miku to make people sympathize with her even more as if she needed anymore of that, while also making Ichika make a stupid high-risk low-return move that only resulted in exposing her and making her public enemy #1, again, as if she wasn't already. Now I remember why I was once rooting for Ichika over Nino while reading the manga.. God damn it Negi!!!

Anyway, my ranking is still:

1. Nino
2. Ichika
3. Miku
4. Itsuki/Yotsuba

If you pay attention to ichika's development you'll see it's not that absurd for her to walk that path. I noticed the clues when I re-watched season 1 while paying close attention to all of the sisters.
Mar 20, 2021 12:42 AM

Oct 2020
ngl Ichika was gonna be my 2nd fave quintessential but after this ep..... nahh

1. Nino
2. Miku
3. Itsuki
4. Yotsuba
5. Ichika

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Mar 20, 2021 1:06 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! I know the anime is moving and cutting some stuff and the manga is definitely better, but I am still really enjoying the anime, they're making it work which is commendable. Hopefully there's a season 3 and they're not just promoting the game lmao.

Love Nino always but Yotsuba is definitely my 2nd favorite, Yotsuba pulling a whistle out of nowhere was hilarious lmao. Itsuki was also adorable this episode being all flustered and bold. Fuutarou the chad, Fuutarou is definitely one of my favorite romcom protagonists, never seen anyone say something bad about him which is great. Really looking forward to the last episode of the season.
Mar 20, 2021 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
Thou shall marry all.case closed.
Honestly just let him bang all the girls and end the show in a hentai style
Mar 20, 2021 6:17 AM

May 2018
Lol Futaro getting philosophical when talking to Yotsuba. Never thought he had it in him ^^
Mar 20, 2021 7:22 AM

Feb 2021
I can feel the change in Ichika's character. Nino's development and Ichika's are basically the same, just in reverse. And it's not like Ichika is being an asshole every time she's on screen (unlike a certain someone who really loves her sisters but can't be honest about it).
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 20, 2021 7:51 AM

Jun 2020
Why "the person who met him 6 years ago, was you yotsuba" was in the episode? in the manga there wasn't, why do you think this was putted there?
Mar 20, 2021 9:36 AM
Jun 2014
Sir_Crusher said:
SogiitaGunha said:

A VN comes out the same day the last episode airs. Seems totally intentional.

Wait... What? A gotoubun no hanayome vn?

Yes. Even it takes place after the current arc of the anime, has the ∬ sign as well in the title. Supposedly with 14 possible endings.
Gotoubun no Hanayome ∬: Natsu no Omoide mo Gotoubun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eztx0JBykJM

Therefore, unless there is an unforseen surprise in the last episode, I'm 100% sure it will have an open ending. Unconfirmed, no source leak claims there will be a wedding scene last episode with no spoken bride lines or name reveal.
Mar 20, 2021 1:21 PM

Feb 2008
At least Ichika's cover was finally blown. Her maskirovka is no longer a viable strategy, not to the extent it was before. Good for Miku.

So Yotsuba is the one Uesugi met five years ago. Intriguing.
Mar 20, 2021 2:11 PM

Mar 2016
Narwal1234 said:
There's no way they can wrap this story up in one episode, but to make a whole season 3 might be a bit too much. Let's hope they do a michi random like +/- 4 episodes OVA

Actually there's more than 30 chapters left to adapt so a season 3 is a possibility
Mar 20, 2021 2:41 PM
Jan 2017
I love all the quints equally.
Mar 20, 2021 3:34 PM
Mar 2021
I hope all of this will end in the OVA Episode, too soon for it all to end, too many cut scenes to ruin the aesthetic that has been built since Season 1, hopefully
Mar 20, 2021 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

She wasn't the first though, Yotsuba was. Fanservice was never the point of this show.
Mar 20, 2021 3:49 PM

May 2016
Hmmm Yostuba was acting weird the whole time glad that Itsuki throw the picture into
her face.

Poor Miku, I felt really bad for her...imagine waking up early, asking your boss to open shop
for you, training all week to make Futaro a present, and end your confession and present both failing, I can't fathom how bad she must felt.
Mar 20, 2021 4:24 PM

Jan 2016
Geez Ichika is taking the 'All's fair in love and war' too seriously xD

Also, Yotsuba's the girl Fuutarou met back then... That's interesting.
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 20, 2021 7:10 PM

Mar 2019
Great Ending...

Miku/Yotsuba, the Best Choice.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 20, 2021 11:57 PM

Jul 2016
I'm so glad all this is ending next week because I honestly don't know how much of Ichika's bullshit I would have been able to stand if this season were longer. Seriously, author... what a way to destroy a somewhat decent character. Not to mention incredible how the sister who drugged MC twice had to be the one to call her out for her questionable behaviour.

And wtf with that Miku x Nino bed scene? Like hot damn, director! I mean, good to know I wasn't the only one who fantasized with similar scenarios at some point.

Now on a good note, thank god Fuutarou isn't a dense idiot because seriously, Miku's signals could be seen from fucking mars! Now let's hope these two get their shit together and have a proper talk.

So Yotsuba is the girl MC met when they were kids, huh? Impressive. Yotsuba's chances of becoming the bride went from 0% to 70-80% with one single plot revelation.
Mar 21, 2021 12:16 AM
Feb 2021
The episode was so fun but now I hate ichka soo much*playing dirty* she even made miku cry ahh! Nino playing fare and square I like how she motivated miku it hurts to see miku cry
Mar 21, 2021 1:02 AM
Oct 2019
Damn Ichika you so dirty... How dare you do that to Miku...

Wow the Revealed, It was Yotsuba!!!
I'm so glad that i didn't get spoiled on this one...

I'm curious are we going to have Anime Original route or it will stick to the Manga?
Mar 21, 2021 4:23 AM

Apr 2020
The sisters are now locked in for a messy war for Futaro, and sadly Miku has taken in the brunt of Ichika and Nino's offensive. Ngl if I am on the Miku camp right now, I would gladly despise Ichika but not today. Because for some reason, I am now on the Yotsuba camp, and she is really trying to stick the quintuplets altogether in this school trip. Meanwhile some random stalker is disturbing the girls by taking photos, that's kind of random but oh well. Also Yotsuba is the girl that Futaro met before, ARE MY PREDICTIONS ACTUALLY VORRECT ALL THIS TIME?!
Mar 21, 2021 4:33 AM

Apr 2012
I don't know about you guys but if there's going to be a 3rd season I'm probably not going to be hyped about it. The sweet novelty has been waning and it's slowly leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

- Watching the sisters one up each other just to earn grade school level quality time with Futaro for only a couple of hours makes my head spin with utter disbelief. I'd probably be more understanding if the girls weren't related and the "rivalry" atmosphere wouldn't be as ridiculous the way they presented it.

- Futaro annoys me for being the generic dense love interest whose more inclined to maintain the status quo of Equally loving his collection regardless.

- If future episodes or chapters would be a copy and paste of the sisters doing shenanigans on each other with very little substance as a reward while absolutely gaining little ground then what's the point of all of this? It's like watching a race with no absolute finish line. Just a carrot(wedding scene) dangled in front us.

- The premise was really interesting and entertaining from the start, now it's just a roller derby of random cheap tricks to induce both satisfaction and frustration.
Janethan23Mar 21, 2021 4:38 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 21, 2021 6:26 AM

Dec 2013
So... is this going to be another "read the manga" ending? Because if so I'm going to be so upset.
Mar 21, 2021 6:44 AM
Apr 2019
My dream has come true, best girl yotsuba reigns supreme!
Mar 21, 2021 9:29 AM
Nov 2017
Ichika just piss me off so much
Mar 21, 2021 9:31 AM
Nov 2017
Ichika really gets on my nerves :|
Feel so bad for Miku
Mar 21, 2021 1:17 PM
Jan 2020
Futarou better end up with miku
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

133 by RiukixD »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Endings

Moppit - Apr 25

17 by Moppit »»
Apr 27, 9:06 AM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

143 by Yawuz_707 »»
Feb 16, 1:32 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

260 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.