Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2021 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Believe me, the ONLY time where this show is worth its best, is when the plot shifts over to the Black Edge / Dark Elves side. The journeys of Kasel and Co. have been getting immensely boring.

Princess Scarlett and the Black Edge (with only Riheet remaining) recovering from Malduk's confrontation, and the news spreading to the Orvelia Kingdom just as quick. The Demons in the Galluah Plains plot is becoming true by the minute, and both royalty and commonfolk are both baffled. The hardest hits are both shopkeeper Shelia (with Tamm) and Riheet with the entire force annihilation, in immense shock from the many benigned massacres of the past, and to force revenge even on their bad hand.

The words of Ripine echoing what the Dark Elves have been suppressed against, attach that with Riheet's burning desire for revenge against the Demons, Princess Scarlett has a big task on her hands to deal with the outset.

The lore of the Dark Elves story is getting interesting, and I really want to know what's going on...starting with the pendant that Riheet has been wearing since the start.
KANLen09Jan 23, 2021 5:47 AM
Jan 22, 2021 9:54 AM

Feb 2019
One of the best episodes in a while tbh. I actually got quite emotional while the orvellian princess was reflecting on things. Feel awful for Riheet, who was already obsessed with revenge to now be alone. Also felt bad for the girl who liked Tamm, seeing her breakdown was hard too.

I wonder if getting the false sword would be a way to bring back the black edge, kinda got that idea from the end.

I know the score isn’t great, but I love this show.
Jan 22, 2021 10:07 AM
Sep 2015
I can't keep up with the plot, but does this mean Kasel and Riheet are brothers? (And Lupine as Kasel's sister?)

Anyway, Riheet wears black underwear! I hope to see a full view of him!
Jan 22, 2021 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
This was the coming together episode and I think it was executed Perfectly!
First Princess Scarlett finding out about Kasel and Frey and how they are protecting Orvelia from Demons as well.
Second: The Townspeople hearing about Black Edge was a huge blow. It showed how much they actually cared for Dark Elves after seeing they weren't bad people at all.
Third: Everything about Riheet and his past coming together.

I think this does make Riheet and Kasel connected some how. It's 100% not a brothers thing because Kasel's parents were human. But if Iilya had an offspring it could very well be Riheet. This would make them cousins and I do like the Idea of Riheet fighting along side Kasel eventually with the False Sword that Iilya made.

I always took this anime as a D&D campaign and this episode just felt like the DM struck GOLD! Very nice episode.

Also Scarlett is cute as hell.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 22, 2021 12:23 PM

Jan 2011
this anime have good plot but the problem with the sequence of events really boring

I just realized we reached episode 17 without any real fights or event, just talk x talk
and most the talk without actual meaning, just about characters ideology
Jan 22, 2021 12:25 PM

Jan 2020
Scarlett is getting better and better and more likable each episode and she's easily my favorite character in the series. Once again, I like the episodes more when it doesn't focus on the main cast.

Jan 22, 2021 12:26 PM

Apr 2020
For some reason, I kinda like this episode of King's Raid. Which is a rarity btw...

So we spend this full episode with Riheet trying and dumping himself to avenge his fallen friends. Scarlet (which is really beautiful, BEST GI-) was also confronted by Riheet about the reality of Dark Elves, and she got depressed because of that. It is alright though since Elise comforts her as they watch the sunset.

While still trying and dumping himself down, Riheet met with the demon MILF that I don't remember the name. She also confronted Riheet to tell about the reality and history of Illya, the dark elf that he most despised. So actually Riheet is a descendant of Illya, that's nice to know. So this demon MILF now gave Riheet the chance to claim the False Sword that Illya made, and I assume this is how it's gonna go.

While Kasel and his gang move forward to claim the last piece of the Holy Sword, Riheet will go to the Tower of Sage to get the False Sword. Some power of friendship and drama later, Kasel and Riheet will fight alongside each other to defeat Malduk. Yay...that oughta be meh. And it's going to be meh since we're gonna get THE BACKSTORY OF ROI next week...HURRY ON WITH THE SWORD DAMNIT.

But even then this is the most decent episode King's Raid had gotten since....I don't really remember this show having decent episodes actually.
Jan 22, 2021 12:48 PM

May 2018
So, after Riheet hears as to what , maria told him about illiya, the question now is would he still be up for revenge against Malduk or will he he side with Maria and then kill Malduk and the people of Ovella???
Jan 22, 2021 12:59 PM

Apr 2018
Pretty Solid episode. poor Riheet having his family wiped.
Jan 22, 2021 11:08 PM

Oct 2017
So Illya was Maria's friend and Riheet's ancestor. He said everything to Scarlet but not that it matters anymore since all his friends are dead. He wants the fake holy sword now. What does he wanna do with it I wonder.
Jan 23, 2021 12:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The news already arrived to the Orvelian capital. Most orvelian had a big mumbles in their capital. Hah, that nobles must be confused as hell by hearing those bad information.

Man, the whole situations with the black elves band really complicated. Poor, Riheet. But, his role kinda understandable via these episode explanations. Its revealed that he had a connection to Kasel history that went long enough under 100 years ago. The history of King Kyle and Illya. Kasel and Riheet were related, the distant relatives. What a clearance, its good for Riheet souls. Thanks for that, Maria, now i am slowly understand your background motives. Its successfully awakened Riheet motivation to seek more revenge. Yeah, that fake sword. It must be good seeing both, Kasel, and Riheet, having the same, but different swords.

However, since the pace was so slow like a snail, i may have a doubt that a feeling somehow goes downhill and underwhelming. Whatever, lets go to the next episode, that looks alike another character background story.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 23, 2021 12:47 AM

Oct 2008
and i thought the plot was garbage...and now it became a little more interesting...
lets give this a second chance of redeeming the story...
i pity Riheet but i wanna his next actions are gonna be...
5/5.

Jan 23, 2021 2:16 AM
Jan 2021
raiderublaze said:

While Kasel and his gang move forward to claim the last piece of the Holy Sword, Riheet will go to the Tower of Sage to get the False Sword. Some power of friendship and drama later, Kasel and Riheet will fight alongside each other to defeat Malduk. Yay...that oughta be meh. And it's going to be meh since we're gonna get THE BACKSTORY OF ROI next week...HURRY ON WITH THE SWORD DAMNIT.

But even then this is the most decent episode King's Raid had gotten since....I don't really remember this show having decent episodes actually.

fyi, Malduk is not the last boss. If you watch the opening song carefully, you will see a black knight at the end of the song.
Jan 23, 2021 3:00 AM

Oct 2020
This is really a decent episode. We got Riheet's backstory and we also get how princess reacts to the story of Kasel and his friend defeated demons and safe people. I feel bad for the girl who likes Tamn. She deserves a happy ending because she is the only in the town who are willing to talk and go out with a dark elve.
Jan 24, 2021 12:06 AM
May 2017
I feel like I've seen this episode a lot: anti-hero obsessed with revenge finds out the reason behind their hatred is due to a misconception which, through a series of circumstances, usually leads to their goals aligning with the protagonist's. Still, not a bad episode.

Also, this episode must have been hard on Riheet's voice actor's throat, so much grunting and Japanese choking "kh" sounds lol
JoshsoJBJan 24, 2021 12:14 AM
Jan 24, 2021 5:01 AM
Jun 2019
Is it just me or, this anime's story DO getting better..?
I actually hate how weak Kasel is, not just in term of power but also on terms of character, but THAT thing do get mentioned in the story last episode by the cute mercenary girl (forgot her name), maybe his character IS being made that way for future plot/development.. And, I always feel bad for Reheet and the other Black Edge (and the rest of the dark elves race) for the false treatment by Orvelians, but I don't like how they plotted againts it, but man, I feel really bad and sad for Riheet when the whole Black Edge wiped out, more over her sister also got killed, man, such a waste on cute character as well.. Lol
In this episode I felt so much emotion in it, whether it's by Riheet or by the beautiful Princess when she discovered some dark fact of her country, I can feel that she is not jist trying to be just a cool knight, but really wanting to make her country better, and mostly when Sheilla learnt the fact that Tamm died...

Well it's unavoidable that the 1st cour of this anime is quite week and cliché, but I feel it got better and better on the 2nd cour.. Story aside, I really love the animation of this anime, it got their character beautifully animated, tho not perfect everytime, but I envy for 'I'm standing on a million lives' which did not even got an animation on King's Raid level. The girls are cute, not to mention the male characters are also well designed, but the voice acting can be better than this, I suppose
Jan 24, 2021 5:05 AM
Jun 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So, after Riheet hears as to what , maria told him about illiya, the question now is would he still be up for revenge against Malduk or will he he side with Maria and then kill Malduk and the people of Ovella???

I think judging by the ED MV, he will side with the other knights, of course, getting along better with the princess
Jan 26, 2021 9:54 AM

Dec 2016
That was really fast how Riheet wore all those clothes before running away, really thought I would see him staggering in his undies XD

Now that Scarlett got to know about the Black Edge's true motive I wonder what she'll do. If Riheet hates Illya who is also a dark elf then he should know that not all the people of Orvelia are bad like those shitty nobles...

Next episode will be interesting. Looking forward to know more about Roi's past.
Jan 26, 2021 4:49 PM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:
I can't keep up with the plot, but does this mean Kasel and Riheet are brothers? (And Lupine as Kasel's sister?)

Anyway, Riheet wears black underwear! I hope to see a full view of him!

If I remember correctly only from political point of view. Like Riheet's ancestor was adopted sister of Kasel's father and not biological sister.

But still if not Kasel Riheet would have full rights to throne. So maybe that girl from previous episode about "running from responsibility" was big foreshadowing?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 1, 2021 4:18 AM

Mar 2009
It was good to see the orphan girl again. Well, she's not really an orphan anymore, but I'm glad she's doing well.

Feel bad for the girl who was in love with Tamm. That is rough. And the demon lady sure is intriguing. These characters are a lot more complex than they appear. That is a good thing.
Apr 23, 2021 1:54 AM

Jul 2015
Sad to see Sheila so devastated after learning Tamm died...

With the discovery of Riheet being a descendant of Ilya and knowing Kasel is the son of Kyle, that basically means they are related as Ilya was Kyle's half-sister. No wonder they follow a somewhat similiar path.

Sep 29, 2022 8:56 PM
Jan 2017
This is the episode where Riheet finally breaks. His quest for revenge has cost him everything he held dear, but maybe there is one thing he can do to make things right: discover the truth about Illya.

I gotta say: is Maria really speaking the truth or is she just trying to manipulate Riheet? Consdering we know next-to-nothing about her, either possibility is likely and whatever Riheet chooses to do, it will likely bring him into conflict with Kasel.
Jan 23, 2023 12:46 PM
Jun 2014
Ripine looked just like Illya, that woman said... Wow, they were descendants of Illya and Illya tried to save Kyle.. I wanna watch Illya and Kyle's story

More topics from this board

Poll: » King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi Episode 4 Discussion

Meip - Oct 23, 2020

25 by Saku33 »»
Nov 18, 2023 5:01 AM

» Could be good but trash mc?

InevitablyKyon - Oct 11, 2020

5 by Piromysl »»
Apr 26, 2023 4:31 PM

Poll: » King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi Episode 9 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 27, 2020

20 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jan 10, 2023 8:06 PM

Poll: » King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 26, 2021

52 by HitmanTheSnip »»
Nov 23, 2022 11:00 PM

Poll: » King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi Episode 25 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Mar 19, 2021

16 by HeroVladimir93 »»
Oct 1, 2022 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.