Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 26, 2020 7:35 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The official website of the Kyokou Suiri (In/Spectre) television anime announced a second season on Friday. The website revealed an announcement promo.

The anime series adapts Chashiba Katase's mystery supernatural manga based on Kyou Shirodaira's original novel. Katase began drawing the manga in Shounen Magazine R in April 2015. Kodansha will publish the 14th volume on December 17.

The television anime produced by Brain's Base aired in 12 episodes this Winter. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime with subtitles as it aired in Japan.

Shirodaira published the original Kyokou Suiri novel in May 2011. Kodansha began republishing the novel through its Kodansha Taiga imprint in January 2019. The third and latest volume shipped last June.

Synopsis
At the young age of 11, Kotoko Iwanaga was abducted by youkai for two weeks and asked to become their "God of Wisdom," a mediator between the spirit and human worlds, to which the girl quickly agreed but at the cost of her right eye and left leg. Now, six years later, whenever youkai wish for their problems to be solved, they make their way to Kotoko for consultation.

Meanwhile, Kurou Sakuragawa, a 22-year-old university student, has just broken up with his girlfriend after he fled alone when the two encountered a kappa. Seeing this as her chance to become closer with him, Kotoko immediately makes her move, hoping to get married to Kurou one day. However, she quickly realizes there is something more to Kurou. With this knowledge, she asks for his help in solving the various issues presented by the supernatural, all the while wishing her newfound partner will eventually reciprocate her feelings. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement

Source: Comic Natalie

Kyokou Suiri 2nd Season on MAL
VindstotMar 3, 2022 8:58 PM

Nov 26, 2020 7:44 PM
Jun 2020
Since it came out in the same season, "Smile at the Runway" was more worthy of getting a sequel.

Dropped at episode 4 and hated the female lead with all of my passion.
Nov 26, 2020 7:46 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I thought Brain’s Base don’t make sequels unless it’s from the Natsume Yuujinchou series, lol. Okay, we don’t know if it’s Brain Base yet but that’s going to be my bet.

On a more serious note, this is a real surprise. I didn’t think this was particularly successful in and out of Japan but it’s nice nonetheless. While I wasn’t biggest fan of the mid and latter phases of the show, I’m definitely curious to see how the relationship between the two will evolve and the MC’s faces in the Visual just confirms it xD.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 26, 2020 7:50 PM

Jan 2016
Ok wow I didn't expect this. The show was a bit of a flop overseas (at least based on how MAL users saw it), and I don't know how successful it was in Japan, but I guess it was good enough to get a second season.

If it continues on how the manga went (haven't read the novels), then the next long-ass arc is only 4/5 chapters long (around 1.5 volumes long), and the chapters before that are only 2 chaps max, so hopefully this second season will be more episodic than the first. (For reference, the Steel Lady Nanase arc was around 5 volumes long).
jd2001zNov 26, 2020 7:54 PM
Nov 26, 2020 7:53 PM

Jan 2019
Anyone who knows the source material, does it get more interesting or nah?

Really liked the beginning and the subject matter, but the last half was really boring...
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Nov 26, 2020 8:01 PM
Aug 2018
WampaStompa said:

Really liked the beginning and the subject matter, but the last half was really boring...

The last half of the season was one part that for some reason was really stretched out when it didn’t need to, the source material is very fun and interesting so I’m just hoping that they don’t stretch out anymore sections unless it’s actually needed
Nov 26, 2020 8:03 PM
Aug 2011
yes!!
great news ^ ^
Nov 26, 2020 8:05 PM

Jan 2019
LoganMcClure21 said:
WampaStompa said:

The last half of the season was one part that for some reason was really stretched out when it didn’t need to, the source material is very fun and interesting so I’m just hoping that they don’t stretch out anymore sections unless it’s actually needed

Awesome! Thanks for the answer, might give it a go when it's here!
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Nov 26, 2020 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
WampaStompa said:

The things that happened in the manga after the anime have gotten better. Every volume has a different story. I'm expecting in season 2 we'll get 3 episodes adapting each volume. Or maybe 2.

What happened in season 1 stretched out. A lot of people sleep on this show lol.

I like In/Spectre a lot. I can vouch for the manga. It's one of those dialogue-heavy series and the dialogue are super interesting.
Nov 26, 2020 8:37 PM

Oct 2017
More of Kotoko incoming.
Nov 26, 2020 8:42 PM

Oct 2013
Wasn’t expecting this but I am excited. The source material, as well as the anime as you can tell, is dialogue heavy so if that isn’t your cup of tea then I can understand the surprise by this news.

We learn a lot more about Kotoko and Rikka and what Rikka has in store for Kuro. In the latest chapters, the heat really cranks up so I’m excited to see the conundrum animated. This is a mystery, not an action anime so I feel as though many were let down by the original PV. Overall it’s a good series.

P.S, yes Kotoko calms down & we get cute moments.
Nov 26, 2020 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, I forgot to mention Kotoko is one of my favorite anime girls. She's on my 3x3.
Nov 26, 2020 9:18 PM

Nov 2008
And thus the bore-fest continues. Kotoko is qt though. Hope she gets boned by senpai this time around.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Nov 26, 2020 10:48 PM

Oct 2012
Genoard said:
And thus the bore-fest continues. Kotoko is qt though. Hope she gets boned by senpai this time around.

She has been already?
Nov 26, 2020 10:48 PM

Jan 2016
The first season end arc was pretty dragged out, hopefully they don't do that in this season
Nov 26, 2020 11:25 PM

Oct 2010
currently watching the 1st season, decent anime, I will continue it, I like kotoko and the mysteries. kotoko could be a great mal baiter
Nov 27, 2020 12:07 AM

Nov 2014
That's one of the last sequels I'd expect. Not gonna complain though, I liked first season. More Kotoko is always good.
Nov 27, 2020 12:35 AM
Feb 2018
Really tells you about how easy it has become to get continuations when a show like *this* got one.
Nov 27, 2020 12:45 AM

Jul 2014
This is one of those shows that I wanted to like a lot more than I did in the end, but its presentation and abysmal pacing for the Nanase arc really dragged it down. Maybe it gets better after that point, but I'm not sure I'm overly eager to see it.

Maybe it'll be something I give it a look once it finishes airing (whenever that ends up being) provided it actually sounds like it's improved.
Nov 27, 2020 12:53 AM

Aug 2013
What!!!!! Im so excited!!!
Nov 27, 2020 1:04 AM

Dec 2018
Lets go~! Loved the first season, and never thought it'd get a sequel...
Nov 27, 2020 1:29 AM

Oct 2018
Since the first season focus a lot on Nanase Karin arc. Looks like we're about to enter a new arc.

More nightmare fuel, more Saki, and more Kotoko's deredere moment with Kuro-senpai. I'm looking forward to what's coming in the next arc.
Forum set made by Nate
Nov 27, 2020 1:40 AM

Jul 2016

You're setting yourself on the disappointment since she won't appear again (Not even a single cameo) after Nanase arc lol. Also, the contents Season 2 will cover is more akin to the first three episodes (Short stories) so it won't have any longer arcs like Nanase arc did.
Nov 27, 2020 1:43 AM

Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

You're setting yourself on the disappointment since she won't appear again (Not even a single cameo) after Nanase arc lol. Also, the contents Season 2 will cover is more akin to the first three episodes (Short stories) so it won't have any longer arcs like Nanase arc did.

Oh okay, I'll try and see how the second season will go.
Forum set made by Nate
Nov 27, 2020 2:38 AM

Nov 2008
scineram said:
Genoard said:

She has been already?

No, as far as i know.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Nov 27, 2020 3:15 AM

Feb 2014
more Kotoko is a good thing, but the show is much better with the short arcs

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Nov 27, 2020 4:33 AM
Feb 2018
Cool! I'd love to see Iwanaga again. I loved the visuals and character designs of the anime and even though this detective stuff isn't really my thing, the episodes didn't feel tedious to me somehow. But I'm more excited to see the characters than the story tbh
Nov 27, 2020 6:54 AM
Oct 2020
Nezuko chan with mamo chan, instead with zenitsu va
Nov 27, 2020 8:26 AM
May 2016
Hype mode activated. Especially since I'm one the people that really loved this series
Nov 27, 2020 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
I actually liked the first season so I'm happy with this. I gotta say I didn't expect it to be continued.

now can Hanako kun also get a second season pls
Nov 27, 2020 2:55 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the villain better be a sexy girl again
Nov 28, 2020 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
The first season started out so well and then became a pile of trash. Nothing was fun beyond the chemistry between the characters. Would have been better if it had been a slice of life rather than a mystery shounen. Not gonna watch.
Nov 28, 2020 6:10 AM

Mar 2012
One of the worst anime couples I've seen, his face in the pic tells it all. Crap like this always gets popular while so many good anime out there that still don't have a second season.
Nov 29, 2020 11:31 AM
A Monster

May 2018
I am so happy we are getting a second season, I absolutely love the manga and Kotoko Iwanaga is the best
"Never Give Up Without A Fight" By Zuko
Dec 3, 2020 5:05 PM

Oct 2015
I didn't think that the first season was that bad. Might have to find the time to watch it when it comes out.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Dec 6, 2020 2:09 PM

Aug 2020
long live a second season you'll have to see the first, but it's worth it

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
44 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
55 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.