Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 18, 2020 5:48 PM

Jul 2016
Sumi is so cute and sweet! Already love her.

Bruh, Mami again... This girl is just SO wrong, my god
Sep 18, 2020 6:21 PM

Jul 2020
Finally Sumi finally appears. Idk why but I can't bring myself to hate or despise Mami-chan despite of her bitchy attitude.

CeddyyBearr said:

Atleast the show is aware of it's own problem!

Ikr, still can't like Kazuya's character one bit lol.

Curious on how the final episode will conclude the season. Maybe they'll make it a cliffhanger, to increase the sales of the manga, or even announce a season 2 in the process. Nevertheless, I hope it'll satisfy me, even just a little.

I accept random friend requests!
Sep 18, 2020 7:17 PM

Jul 2015
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Holy fuck, why is Sumi so freaking adorable, took 11 episodes to finally meet her, but she delivered the blushes from the OP, must protect.

Grabbing the popcorn with Mami, oh boy this is gonna be interesting.
Sep 18, 2020 7:26 PM

Dec 2010
Sumi just made this anime way better than it used to be.
She only has 2 episodes but is immediately the best girl out of the 4.

Also, the talk about Chizuru and Sumi having the same age made me curious about the ages of the seiyuus since they are all close together only to see that they are all 2 years apart max from each other with Rieri being the youngest and Naobou the eldest with Y. Aoi close second.
Sep 18, 2020 7:54 PM

Sep 2012
Sumi's voice actress be like "I'm getting paid for THIS? lmao"
Sep 18, 2020 8:03 PM

Nov 2008
HOLY CRAP, MAMI'S LITTLE BRO IS HOT. O_O

I wish Kazuya looked more like THAT haha

Sumi so cute. :3 Best girl.

Sep 18, 2020 8:23 PM

Apr 2017
Great episode, Sumi is such a sweetheart. But I find this scene the cutest

I wonder if Mami had feelings for Kazuya since she seems to be thinking of him after she saw him dating with Sumi. Can't wait what she's going to do in the last episode!

Sep 18, 2020 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
what the hell where was this cute creature hiding this whole time

boy Mami-chan...she really is sad grabbing the popcorn and drinks for next week it's gonna be a spicy show
Sep 18, 2020 8:33 PM
Jul 2020
Finally the wait for the best girl has ended...maybe the best ep in the season for me...damn why mami shows up at last everytime
Sep 18, 2020 8:56 PM

Jun 2020
MidnightSLASHER said:
Finally the wait for the best girl has ended...maybe the best ep in the season for me...damn why mami shows up at last everytime

SUMI IS THE BEST girl

Sep 18, 2020 9:08 PM
Sep 2020
FINALLY SUMI WAS SHOWED, and it's very Kawaii desu
Sep 18, 2020 9:19 PM
Jul 2020
Best Girl Sumi has arrived!! Mami-chan is totally going to ruin everything though..
Sep 18, 2020 9:25 PM

Aug 2020
Finally! We get to see Sumi-chan but then Mami shows up. Things are going to be really spicy next episode. I hope they don't mess it up.
Sep 18, 2020 9:40 PM

Jan 2020
Finally! The only reason I've been watching this cringe s*it, Sumi-god!
Even if we all know who's the main heroine of this harem romcom, it was worth the wait.
Mami-chan being a hate-magnet as always.
Sep 18, 2020 9:55 PM
Mar 2015
Sumi is so sweet but Mami is dirt
Sep 18, 2020 9:58 PM
Aug 2020
I really love sumi... but no one can replace Chizuru
Rankings for the girls
1. Chizuru
2. Sumi
3. Ruka
4. Mami
Honestly Ruka is just really annoying to me so Mami and Ruka are close
Sep 18, 2020 9:58 PM

Jan 2013
Finally! Some pressure on their "relationship".
Mami is back but now in a good way? I wonder if she changed or that was all because she tough that Kazuya was dating girls that are better than her.

Another girl to add to Kazuya's harem lmao, Sumi is pretty cute and it's obvious that she fell or will fall in love with him, it would have been so much better if this had 13 episodes...

That scene between Kazuya and Chizuru was so hard to watch, damn!

That ending should spice things up, since the next episode is the last i do hope to see a confession from Kazuya, c'mon! Now or never.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 18, 2020 10:30 PM

Apr 2020
damn, Sumi is so kawaii, she's so shy, but that's what make Sumi is so kawai
Sep 18, 2020 10:46 PM

Oct 2016
I really enjoyed that episode, Sumi is so adorable, it's like adorableness personified. And she has Megumin and Emilia's VA, even better. Though she doesn't speak much, it's still great. And it's great to see Mami's thought process here, I was actually hoping she'd find out about the rental girlfriend biz and she did. Hopefully they announce a season 2 but, either way I think I am going to read the manga.
Sep 18, 2020 11:03 PM

Jun 2013
Chizuru is really a cut above the rest. The only other girl who is as hot as her is Mami. Ruka is hot but not at Chizuru and Mami's level. Sumi-chan is really cute but I wouldn't call her hot and it's not the flat chest either, she just doesn't exude that sexiness that Chizuru and Mami do.

Anyway, I'm guessing Mami won't tell anyone. She's going to use this to manipulate the both of them.
臭い-
Sep 18, 2020 11:07 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Sumi got her screen time...still too short.

But wow, Mami is kinda scary in this episode
Sep 18, 2020 11:15 PM

Oct 2018
the end talks like the will not have a 2nd season but i hope there will have one. Sumi is very cute, unfortunetly she appeared only in the end so we haven't see her a lot
The end of the episode with Mami and Chizuru... What will happen next week :O
Sep 18, 2020 11:16 PM

Aug 2012
Kazuya has developed to a more tolerable character. Maybe even likable now.

Looks like a spicy date next week.
Sep 18, 2020 11:35 PM
Jul 2020
One of the greatest episodes in the series. First off we got a actual cool character named Sumi, which I can see why many people like her. Shes a shy girl, who actually tries to make change to herself to become more social. The funny thing is we don't really see girls change in anime like that normally when their shy.

Also the direction this episode was great. Great music in scenes and pretty funny comedy. including well done animation. Kazuya redeemed himself a bit for the weird shit he did in the previous episodes. The suspense was good too, we got some conflict going, I jus hope this season doesn't end on a cliffhanger thats too big to handle.
Sep 18, 2020 11:37 PM
May 2019
This show truly is rubbish and unbearably cringe at times, but I still watch it every week... Will miss it when it is over, this episode actually wasn't too bad.
Sep 18, 2020 11:57 PM

Nov 2013
Just too little too late, not enough Takahashi Rie.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 19, 2020 2:21 AM

Jun 2019
Sumi was so adorable in this episode. Their date was so awkward. But It was cute.
Sep 19, 2020 2:32 AM
Apr 2020
Sumi-chan is cute but she's timid.

It seems Mami can't move on from Kazuya. Because of that, she found out the truth! Next episode will be the last, and a yuri (?) date. lmao. Can't wait to find what's gonna happen between them.

Sep 19, 2020 2:35 AM
Aug 2020
rsc-pl said:
Takahashi Rie and her cute moaning <3
Anyway, I don't mind quiet type at all, but Sumi's case is a bit too extreme for me, even if she's really adorable.

Think of her as a rough Diamond.
It would be a bit annoying to share your life with her being supershy but whenever she could get some confidence (look her relation with chizuru) she would be waifu material.
Sep 19, 2020 2:41 AM

Jan 2020
I quite liked this episode to be honest. I didn't think I would like Sumi much, but I actually liked her a lot. And also, Kazuya is finally becoming a better person, or at least trying to, which I'm really glad about.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they're going to wrap up this first season. (I'm assuming that there are going to be more.)
Sep 19, 2020 2:44 AM
Apr 2020

My favourite shot in the manga didn't get the appreciation it deserved, but I'll let it slide.
Sep 19, 2020 2:46 AM
Aug 2020
Sumikko_ said:
Wow, I actually liked this episode! Kazuya was actually a pretty cool dude this episode. and I understand why Sumi-chan has such a following!

I wonder what's gonna happen in the next episode with Mami and Chizuru (I could read the manga, but I'll wait the week).

As much as I ship Kazuya and Chizuru, Kazuya and Sumi kind of seemed like the perfect match there.
Sep 19, 2020 3:27 AM

Jul 2020
ohh.. shooot that ending. Well it was bound to happen but still, the tension for the next episode

Sumi-chan's date went way better than I predicted. Not super great but knowing Kazuya,
it could have been worse.

I'm kinda curious if we get a good ending next final episode, probably not >.<
Sep 19, 2020 3:32 AM
Apr 2020
For people wondering about season 2, manga sales "skyrocketed" since the beginning of the anime (not "quintuplets" level yet but anyway, the latter was already growing a lot even before the anime) so second season is almost certain (didn't you learn to NOT believe Mami teasing? LOL).

Now waiting for these blu-ray/DVD sales but there's no risk to doubt harem comedy power. Just look at here, how many people claims to hate but are still there every week... XD
Sep 19, 2020 3:57 AM

Jun 2019
Ah, I'm glad he had a good influence on her. Much better than usual.")
lettuce<3
Sep 19, 2020 4:29 AM

Apr 2018
Aight Sumi best girl.

And fuck mami.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Sep 19, 2020 5:51 AM

Jun 2020
Yoooo fire episode had so much fun watching this lmao it took me like 40 minutes to watch cuz I kept pausing so much lol I literally died when the random dude said 'Beauty and the Least' idk why xD
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 19, 2020 6:01 AM

Jun 2017
The date with Sumi was nice, she's really cute, comparable to Komi in a lot of ways, except for "that" part, but yeah, nice episode overall. So Mami-chan found out about Mizuhara, that she's a rental girlfriend huh, next episode is the last, I just hope to get an "acceptable" ending.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 19, 2020 6:56 AM

May 2019
Ah shit, Mami finally found out. I wonder what kind of shit storm she's gonna brew

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Sep 19, 2020 6:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Sumi, just your typical cute girl wanted to do a cute thing. But ended up being a dissapointed waifu material, because of her 100% shyness. Fortunately, she found out Chizuru that led her into an alpha chad whom really helped her solved her own struggle. Damn, right. I see some development, there, eventhough its so damn finish in flash and i don't had any satisfaction on their 'date'. However, i must be honest, thanks for bringing the plot setting to, once again, forced our boy Kazuya to increased the succeeded rate of Sumi. The shy girl, slowly changed, its really good for her life from now on.

However, the burden came back again from hell. Oh, well, here i thought everything just ended in a smooth conditions. Yes, its her! After finding out the random girl Sumi, she decided a random thing too? Checking Sumi profile? I found it so strange why she became so intensed. Oh, well, who care, then. So, yeah, its Mami, aka, Maya, came out of nowhere tried to mess up with Chizuru, and Kazuya falsehood. At last! Was that her real plan? The next episode might answered it. So, lets skipped this low-effort introduction for the cutest girl on the series and seriously get rid of the damn bitch, Mami, motivations toward their end part.

I am slowly started to liking these kind of the damn thing. However, i found so hard, Kazuya still bringing those hardness of his shit personality, on his back. Eventhough she saved Sumi, its nothing compared with his situations against Mami, and Chizuru. Then, Mami herself, just made everything become worsen. Lmao. Its okay, let me finished these to setup my final scores. XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 19, 2020 7:10 AM

Feb 2020
Finally, The Last Girl, Sumi arrived!!
She is more Cuter than Ruka and Mami and maybe even Chizuru!!
I feel sad for the voice actor......There weren't enough lines for her!!

Mami chan was searching for Sumi-chan on the Internet so why did she rent Chizuru??

I am so excited about the last episode!!
Can't wait to see how it all ends!!

Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Ya know this is probably the only ep where I don't see Kazuya being this dickwand...for a while, til Mami shows up.

Now its the Last chance for Kazuya to make the Viewers like him.........at least to stop hating him
Archfiend836Sep 19, 2020 7:13 AM
Sep 19, 2020 7:22 AM

Dec 2016
AAHHhhh! I can't believe this, that idiot Kazuya! Now Mami is close to know the truth about Rent-a-Girlfriend. Nice work, dummy!! >_< If he hadn't told Sumi her real name to his ex... this doesn't look good and Mizuhara's already in trouble...

Great episode! Sumi is such a cutie <3 It's unfair how Sumi only got 1 episode...
PurpleGirl203Sep 19, 2020 7:26 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 19, 2020 7:46 AM

Jan 2019
Uh oh. Excited to see where this cliffhanger goes! Looking forward to the next episode.
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Sep 19, 2020 8:03 AM
Apr 2019
Two things I can only to this latest episode: Mami is still the same... nvm, but Sumi is really cute! Rie-san must be having fun voicing two characters for this season.
Sep 19, 2020 8:04 AM

Jul 2017
Holy shit! I let my guard down that Mami-chan exists in this anime!!! Mami finally figured it out all about the rental-girlfriend thingy. what a bold move from Mami in the end. its gonna be a HUGE mess for Kazuya. This getting interesting. probably my fav episode so far.

yeah, I think now I understand why everyone was hype up for Sumi. and that date practice is pretty wholesome.
Sep 19, 2020 8:55 AM

Nov 2008
In case you're wondering why Sumi only showed up NOW,....the series is just following the manga.

She doesn't come in until a good 40 chapters. So it's really the author's fault. xD

Sep 19, 2020 9:18 AM

Jun 2020
1- Mami is a Thot. But it's like they say, you can't spell THOT without HOT amirite?

2- Sumi is best girl, anyone voiced by Rieri is top tier waifu material
Sep 19, 2020 10:24 AM

Jun 2020
never thought i would say this but, the overload of ruka in the previous episodes MADE ME SO GLAD TO SEE MAMI-CHAN AGAIN LOLLLLLLLLL

and how cute is sumi! and chizuru remains the sweetest

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 19, 2020 11:21 AM
Oct 2019
Oh no
Mami find out everything...

Kazuya reaction when he meet mami, was so fucking hilarious....
davidyodo24Sep 19, 2020 11:29 AM
Sep 19, 2020 11:22 AM
Oct 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Bro this show is so fucking trashy, dudes literally just coming up to sumi lifting her skirt up, what type of bullshit.. plenty of mami today so 10/10 ep. Sumi is also really cute, but the mute personality is a pass for me.

You know is trash but is good
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.