Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 10, 2020 10:00 AM

Jul 2020
rip yasu. the title of this ep was misleading a little but the preview got me curious af for the next ep
Sep 11, 2020 10:35 PM

Jul 2007
the title for this episode makes no sence. The smile story actually doesn't really come fully into play until the next episode which is tommorow. So in my opinion they should have titled this to be something related to Yasue and then next episode could be called "The truth about smile"

Sep 14, 2020 4:07 PM

Dec 2013
Damn RIP Yasuie. I feel really bad for poor Toko...
Sep 16, 2020 3:03 PM
May 2020
If only they had waited UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE to explain the truth of the SMILE fruits, this episode would have been perfect.

Attention, a MAN who bears thee AFRO has died today.
Sep 21, 2020 6:37 AM

Mar 2020
Man, Yasui is such a honorable man.

And I guess that means all people of Ebisu have eaten the SMILE fruit, that's why they're always laughing and smiling.. I wonder if that means that they have Devil Fruit powers.. or maybe they were test subjects
Sep 24, 2020 2:04 AM

Jun 2016
I began by uttering "Zoro kill them" because I wanted him to save Yasu. Zoro is already a wanted man, it can't get much worse than it already is for him. So kill them!!!

But then, after Yasu fell, it became "Zoro kill them" out of anger and revenge. I wanted blood, I know it's no good to stoop to the enemies level, continue a cycle of hatred, whatever, but damn I felt it!!! I was filled with ire and grief. A sorrowful rage!!! That's how you know it's good.

Yasu was a damn good man. A man who was living for this fight so when his chance to play a part once more occured, there was no hesitation in his sacrifice. His ability and resolve to die so easily, it spoke more than any words could. He's a man that has been living to die here today. Righteous!!! My favorite little dude is gone. He will be missed. But his effort won't be in vain.

I love the Zoro focus. Outside of the samurai, Zoro was one the closest to this tragedy. Through Yasu and Otoko herself. Yeah, he beat Pica, but this more delicate stuff from him is what I've been missing for a long time. His depiction feels so full of earnestness and respect!!!

I'm sorry to end this post with annoyances after singing its praises, but I have to admit my tears dried as soon as it was brought up that the Ebisu crowd can only smile. I loved the gesture of them laughing through their struggle, that autonomy has now been taken somewhat away, further having it directly relate with the SMILE fruit, as if it steals all other emotions from people feels so stupid to me right now!!!! I may come around for sure, I really don't mean to say this definitively or strongly, but to end the episode on that reveal revoked something that I loved and brought something that sounded so damn cheesy to the table that it kinda killed my crying fit. I looked up with tears in my eyes and exclaimed in a jaded voice, "really?"
Sep 26, 2020 5:41 AM

May 2016
I haven't been moved like this probably since Pedro's death but somehow this one hit me harder. RIP Yasu san.
Oct 10, 2020 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
How many bullets do they need ..., he would've been swiss cheese by now.
RIP Yasu though, truly amazing how his death helped out the resistance, convincing them it was just a prank.

Also, gives a whole new meaning to the word SMILE regarding the fruit.
Oct 30, 2020 1:09 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, Yasu was a real one.
Nov 1, 2020 3:53 AM

Jun 2015
Oh my God, this was so sad...

Nov 17, 2020 3:57 AM

Mar 2015
That was a really emotional episode! I hope everyone is adequately pissed off!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 6, 2021 5:28 PM

Dec 2012
The execution is fucked up and brutal.
Finally we got an explanation why tf they always laughing

Jan 8, 2021 10:53 AM
Jun 2015
Yasu is like a sponge. Able to absorb all those bullets like that for such a long while :P
Jan 28, 2021 5:40 AM

Mar 2016
The scene was dragged for sure however that bit of annoyance is nothing more than a droplet ina sea dreadful emotions. Yasuie's death is like a stab to the heart, especially after seeing bits of his backstory from the scenes they've shown in this ep. The feels are even more painful when you factor in the fact that he's taking the blame as the one who made those flyers and framed it as nothing more than a prank with Orochi himself cowardly assuming it was more than that and inexcusably arrested multiple innocent individuals.

Truly, without this proclamation that was made where the citizens of Wano are closely listening upon, the plan that had already been foiled will soon fail and all the preparation a vain, but due to this the events of this execution, the plan as Yasuie said himself, has been reset. This alone changed the entirety of the future that Wano and its citizens will live through in the future, a monumental achievement from a man worthy of tearful respect. What a great act of selfless sacrifice, as expected from Yasuie who would even willingly share his wealth back when he was a daimyo and yet again when he lost his title as a man called Tonoyasu.

The last few moments of his life ended as epic as it could be, after the words he has directed to the citizens, the last few breaths he made was directed to utterly spite on the fool of a shogun, Orochi.

And now for something that is hundreds of chapters and episodes in the making, the real truth regarding SMILE, the artificial devil fruit. The name alone is a dead giveaway and yet for many, they've only come to a realization of the effect it has.

Mar 16, 2021 10:18 PM

Jan 2010
Okay, I admit, that last reveal got me.

There's been a lot of human experimentation going on in One Piece, though the first time I really noticed it was during Punk Hazard all of Caesar's experiments, as that was where it was focused on the most. There's also been Vegapunk and Judge experimenting with human modification, leading to Sanji's brothers all being incapable of expressing proper emotions. This was also present during the Zou arc, with Jack's crew being creepily bloodthirsty and constantly gleeful over committing mass genocide.

I always thought the SAD and SMILE names were silly afterthoughts, and I always attributed Kaido's crew to being over-the-top evil villains who eat puppies and kick baby seals. So, apparently it's all now plot relevant.

Come to think of it, Doflamingo also went by "Joker" too. Huh.

Okay One Piece, you have my attention.
Sep 6, 2021 3:26 PM

Jun 2019
Man... I cried so much for Yasui. Poor Otoko and everyone out there who couldn't do anything but SMILE because of Orochi and Kaido's doing.

R.I.P Yasui-San.
Sep 10, 2021 1:57 AM

Aug 2021
I never expected some random dude that met Zoro on a boat would make me cry this much

aaaah ;______;
Sep 24, 2021 2:45 PM

Sep 2015
Doji is finding Ball-De-Boo xD

The speech and sacrifice from Yasuie are so much to intake in.. along with all his planing...

I want Orochi to be taken down more than ever

The scene where Yasuie and Toko were with each other, was just so moving

Zoros reaction to that execution was just priceless...

Despite everything happened Yasuie died smiling

WAIT WAIT I need a moment to process my thought after what Hiyori mentioned at the end...
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 23, 2021 3:48 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I was getting lowkey pissed off myself but i could feel zoro's anger swelling..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 8, 2021 2:48 PM
May 2020
damn yasui's death did hit hard fam
Jan 11, 2022 5:44 AM
Jan 2021
Shimotsuki's death is one of the most painful deaths in One Piece. And seeing people of Ebisu laugh through the pain is even more heart-wrenching. I'm so mad right now.
Jun 17, 2022 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode yasuie's death was really sad
Sep 5, 2022 10:47 PM

May 2017
Another OP episode that broke me. Really emotional, especially as Yasuie said good bye to his daughter.
Jan 22, 2023 12:50 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah, I'm lying here a teary, emotional wreck right now due to the death of what was essentially a very minor character. Poor Toko. But that's the strength of One Piece. Even dragged out like this it can still resonate emotionally. Man, it'll be satisfying to see the end of this arc finally animated with this in mind...assuming I make it that long.
Mar 6, 2023 3:34 PM
Aug 2021
Damn One piece is actually starting to kill off characters. I always get confused with this anime since deaths aren't a huge thing in this anime but you will get beaten up to the brink of death though. Damn Otoko I really feel sorry for her no kid should have 2 see that. Zoro getting mad is a new one I don't think I have ever seen him angry before. I'm now intrigued as to what the Smile fruit has to do with this.
May 8, 2023 5:32 PM
Sep 2018
R.I.P  Yasuie. 

You showed us that through anything we should spread around a good and bright smile, and carry a cheery and grateful attitude. You can always spread good fortune, you're not totally powerless...~💙 

Jun 28, 2023 6:17 PM
Aug 2022
luffy so freaking hot
Sep 19, 2023 2:11 PM
Jun 2020
omg you guys. You will not believe what happened. What happened? Ace and nasi.
Jan 16, 11:38 PM
Jan 2020
That was a very emotional episode to watch 🥲
Mar 8, 10:48 AM
Jun 2023
Damn yasu death was sad but that ending got me f up
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 856 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gedata - Oct 6, 2018

73 by FedeMetal »»
58 minutes ago

» Umm sooo when did we get to ep 5967? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sch4n - Jan 2, 2023

171 by LazyLopes »»
2 hours ago

» Have you ever thought 🤔 about this , it's been on my mind for a long time

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 30

25 by SKILIFT26 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 116 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 17, 2009

69 by oozePOP »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelleee - Sep 16, 2008

55 by Weraruraku »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.