Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very intense episode. This one entertained me with the mind games and risky plays.

Once again, Tsubasa played his heart out there with fierce determination. The episode showed his dedication to his fellow teammates and I'm impressed. Thanks to the quality animation, his skill shots felt impactful too.

Great stuff.

Nov 26, 2018 9:04 AM

Nov 2007
Opponent got Tsubasa's ball and got the point with the changing shot. "Kamisori" surprised them.

So one of the reporters who asked about Hyuga guy being not used is also Hatanaka-san?

That new guy vs Tsubasa. That guy trying to catch his ball even if he gets yellow card. He's also strong and jumps high, so stopped Tsubasa's overhead kick. Ace killer, huh. The goalie got saved the goal.

Tsubasa hurt his leg (the same one that Hyuga guy gave in elementary arc) and the enemy also realized it.

Drive shoot completed? No, failed. Wait, that enemy knew the shoot and revised to the current shoot he does. And he knows Tsubasa's condition after the shoot.

Almost no time, and Tsubasa used high guy. Got to same point. So he knows his injury, too.

There's more depth to his kamisori shoot?!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2018 9:57 AM

Jul 2016
Nice! my man Takasugi fulfilled his promise and scored a very important goal. Being honest, I'm always happy when a team player besides Tsubasa scores in a match.

I liked this episode, it felt very intense for some moments, especially after Soda scored the first goal and when Tsubasa couldn't with his own.

Overall, it was a good ep. and I'm looking forward to the end of this match. Also, I wonder how Hyuga will manage to play since coach Mikami seems to be the type of person who doesn't change his decisions so easily.
Nov 27, 2018 3:57 PM

Feb 2013
I just have to ask one more time. Did the Mangaka ever watch a football game in his entire life before he wrote this?

This is the first episode where literally nothing made any shred of sense. A ball losing all speed in midair which then suddenly came crashing down isn't even the worst part of it.

Players are literally able to teleport all over the field and yet Morisaki is still the most worthless goalkeeper I have ever seen.
Nov 27, 2018 6:25 PM

Jul 2017
Really good episode with some high octane action. It wasn't the most memorable episode when it comes to its football but damn it was a solid one to enjoy.
Nov 27, 2018 6:29 PM

Dec 2014
And so it begins, the endless spiral of injury and injury drama.

Drive shot was as awesome as I remembered. The build up was really cool too. xD

Shingo's goal was nice.

Skyguardian said:
I just have to ask one more time. Did the Mangaka ever watch a football game in his entire life before he wrote this?

This is the first episode where literally nothing made any shred of sense. A ball losing all speed in midair which then suddenly came crashing down isn't even the worst part of it.

Players are literally able to teleport all over the field and yet Morisaki is still the most worthless goalkeeper I have ever seen.

From what you're saying I'm assuming this is your first time watching Tsubasa and if that's so I'll tell you now that for this particular arc you'll wanna throw any real world logic you have out the window. Personally, I like to think of the Drive Shot as more of a powerful lob rather than a shot itself.
Agreed on Morisaki though. xD
Nov 27, 2018 6:33 PM

Nov 2013
Skyguardian said:

It's a shounen manga, just like Dragon Ball and etc, it isn't supposed to be realistic. You asking this is like asking "Has Akira Toriyama never studied physics?"

I actually like Tsubasa more than some other animes like Inazuma Eleven because it's more realistic, but not too much like Giant Killing (which in my opinion is a little boring).
Nov 27, 2018 11:56 PM

Feb 2013
So is Haikyuu and yet they are able to respect the rulings and at least try to be realistic.

Lelouch0202 said:
From what you're saying I'm assuming this is your first time watching Tsubasa and if that's so I'll tell you now that for this particular arc you'll wanna throw any real world logic you have out the window. Personally, I like to think of the Drive Shot as more of a powerful lob rather than a shot itself.
Agreed on Morisaki though. xD

I did watch it as a kid.
Though an a grown man and football fan this show didn't age well at all.
Soda clearly is a Libero for example which is a position that simply doesn't exist anymore.
Other sports Anime are also able to be at least a bit realistic.
Nov 28, 2018 3:05 AM
May 2018
Skyguardian said:
A ball losing all speed in midair which then suddenly came crashing down

It's not the manga artist's fault. That part was wrongly animated and it seemed like it came crashing down vertically and losing all of its speed. This is not what really happens during a drive shot.

From the wiki:

The Drive Shot technique is inspired by the Folha seca ("dry leaf") in real life; invented by the 1950s Brazilian star Didi, where the ball would swerve downward unexpectedly at a point near the goal. It is also notably used by modern day players such as Juninho, Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo for Real Madrid CF in Santiago Bernabeu Stadium against Levante UD in 2012 and most recently Kieran Trippier with a free kick goal for England football national team against Croatia football national team during the Rusia 2018 World Cup semifinals.

So the ball was supposed to go down diagonally, and not lose any of its speed.

Skyguardian said:

Soda clearly is a Libero for example which is a position that simply doesn't exist anymore. Other sports Anime are also able to be at least a bit realistic.

Him being a centerback is a new addition in the 2018 series. It was never said in the manga. I always believed he was a sideback. The position of libero is indeed outdated, but Captain Tsubasa supposedly takes place in the 80s, so it would be justified for the series to use it.

And by the way, I do not particularly like the modern update they did to the setting.
EauDeBlaNov 28, 2018 3:11 AM
Nov 28, 2018 3:11 AM

Feb 2013
EauDeBla said:
Skyguardian said:
A ball losing all speed in midair which then suddenly came crashing down

It's not the manga artist's fault. That part was wrongly animated and it seemed like it came crashing down vertically and losing all of its speed. This is not what really happens during a drive shot.

From the wiki:

The Drive Shot technique is inspired by the Folha seca ("dry leaf") in real life; invented by the 1950s Brazilian star Didi, where the ball would swerve downward unexpectedly at a point near the goal. It is also notably used by modern day players such as Juninho, Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo for Real Madrid CF in Santiago Bernabeu Stadium against Levante UD in 2012 and most recently Kieran Trippier with a free kick goal for England football national team against Croatia football national team during the Rusia 2018 World Cup semifinals.

So the ball was supposed to go down diagonally, and not lose any of its speed.

Well yeah. I know. That was just one of the horrible things of this episode which I mentioned.

But I was also looking at how the team moves and works "together", and that was cringeworthy as well. That is not how football is played at all.

Another point would be Sodas foul at Tsubasa. It was close to the goal even and yet there was no free kick? How? Why?

It is sad enough that weren't even allowed to use jerseys which look like the original ones like in the old shows but this is just bad.
Nov 28, 2018 3:18 AM
May 2018
Skyguardian said:

But I was also looking at how the team moves and works "together", and that was cringeworthy as well. That is not how football is played at all.

I don't know what you're referencing so I can't comment.

Another point would be Sodas foul at Tsubasa. It was close to the goal even and yet there was no free kick? How? Why?

Because it wasn't a foul? I'm reading the manga, it says it was "on the verge of a foul", so they acknowledge it was an aggressive tackle, but not one that warrants a freekick. In real football, aggressive tackles happen all the time and not all of them merit a freekick.

EDIT: If you mean the second foul, why no freekick? Because it happened in the background. There is a transition where it says "Azuma Ichi fights bravely in their first national tournament". Captain Tsubasa doesn't cover every action that happens in a match. It focuses on key moments instead. I figured the 1983 anime made it seem that every action was covered, but that one actually did since it stretched the matches a lot. This isn't the case with the manga which the 2018 adaptation is taking its material from.

EDIT2: The 2018 anime made it seem that it happened near the goals, but I just checked on the manga, and there's nothing that would suggest that here.

It is sad enough that weren't even allowed to use jerseys which look like the original ones like in the old shows but this is just bad.

They're using the manga jerseys which is how they're supposed to look like. The original 1983 anime had their own jerseys.
EauDeBlaNov 28, 2018 3:56 AM
Nov 28, 2018 8:55 AM

Feb 2013
EauDeBla said:

I don't know what you're referencing so I can't comment.

Everything. From two central backs suddenly being in the opponents penalty area, goalkeepers breaking the laws of physic (if you are not called Morisaki), sliding tackles out of thin air. Everything apart from Tsubasa is really bad at this. Without him Nankatsu would be a joke.

Because it wasn't a foul? I'm reading the manga, it says it was "on the verge of a foul", so they acknowledge it was an aggressive tackle, but not one that warrants a freekick. In real football, aggressive tackles happen all the time and not all of them merit a freekick.

EDIT: If you mean the second foul, why no freekick? Because it happened in the background. There is a transition where it says "Azuma Ichi fights bravely in their first national tournament". Captain Tsubasa doesn't cover every action that happens in a match. It focuses on key moments instead. I figured the 1983 anime made it seem that every action was covered, but that one actually did since it stretched the matches a lot. This isn't the case with the manga which the 2018 adaptation is taking its material from.

EDIT2: The 2018 anime made it seem that it happened near the goals, but I just checked on the manga, and there's nothing that would suggest that here.

Yeah. That. A yellow card is a foul. Which is even more stupid. Soda is a prick who should never play in a team. He is even worse than Hyuga.

They're using the manga jerseys which is how they're supposed to look like. The original 1983 anime had their own jerseys.

Not what I mean. Talking about the Japanese national team and e.g. the dress of FC Sao Paulo.
Nov 28, 2018 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
Skyguardian said:
So is Haikyuu and yet they are able to respect the rulings and at least try to be realistic.

Sure, but some points you need to consider is that Captain Tsubasa manga started in 1981, and in Japan football only started to grow in popularity in the 90's with the creation of the J League, so the author probably didn't have a lot of references to work with, but he sure did watch football matches, at least he said he was inspired to write the manga after watching the 1978 World Cup.
Skyguardian said:

Not what I mean. Talking about the Japanese national team and e.g. the dress of FC Sao Paulo.

I agree, they look very ugly, but i hope they aren't the final kits if we got an continuation, heck, even the Tsubasa mobile game has the official Japan kit, and the São Paulo FC kit there looks identical to the official one.
Nov 28, 2018 11:29 AM
May 2018
Skyguardian said:

From two central backs suddenly being in the opponent's penalty area

Timestamp please.

goalkeepers breaking the laws of physics (if you are not called Morisaki)

What are you referencing?

sliding tackles out of thin air

You're not making much sense. What's wrong with slide tackles?

Without him Nankatsu would be a joke.

Harsh words for a team that produced the most amount of nationals. Nankatsu is the number 1 team in the league.

Yeah. That. A yellow card is a foul. Which is even more stupid. Soda is a prick who should never play in a team. He is even worse than Hyuga.

I don't understand what's stupid about it.

It looks like the real Sao Paulo uniform. What's the issue here? Same for the Japanese one.

Your complaints seem very petty. Nothing you said was faulting the show's realism. The show has followed the rules of football so far. Now, Tsubasa has a lot of unrealistic scenes, but it wasn't supposed to even be a realistic series in the first place, but rather an idealised version of what football should be like.

Just so you know, well after Tsubasa, Japan created something called Inazuma Eleven, and the unrealism is off the charts, but it is intended to be that way. Something being outdated has nothing to do with realism. Considering Tsubasa came out in the 80s and they're still airing the original show on TV to this day, that just shows that it can still attract new fans as well.
EauDeBlaNov 28, 2018 11:34 AM
Nov 28, 2018 2:26 PM
Aug 2017
I literally cannot believe that this anime is real.
Nothing should have the right to be this good.
Nov 28, 2018 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
EauDeBla said:
Skyguardian said:

From two central backs suddenly being in the opponent's penalty area

Timestamp please.

Why do you need timestamps? Take the header for the 1-1. Two defenders being in the opponents penalty area is completely asinine.

goalkeepers breaking the laws of physics (if you are not called Morisaki)

What are you referencing?[/quote]

Wakabayashi and Wakashimazu are literally ignoring physics.

You're not making much sense. What's wrong with slide tackles?

Nothing. The problem is them suddenly sliding on the ground when they were simply standing still mere seconds ago.

Harsh words for a team that produced the most amount of nationals. Nankatsu is the number 1 team in the league.

Did you just try to use completely asinine Manga logic (as in picking the national squad players) to counter my argument?

I don't understand what's stupid about it.

Soda - Fouling players and actually believing that that is a solid tactic. Do that two times and your own team is pretty much done for.
Hyuga - Going back from the team is important to "I need to be a ruthless asshole on the pitch.".

It looks like the real Sao Paulo uniform. What's the issue here? Same for the Japanese one.

You might want to look at the official uniforms again. Especially at Wakabayashis Hamburger SV shirt. They don't have a red logo.

Your complaints seem very petty. Nothing you said was faulting the show's realism. The show has followed the rules of football so far. Now, Tsubasa has a lot of unrealistic scenes, but it wasn't supposed to even be a realistic series in the first place, but rather an idealised version of what football should be like.

No. It didn.'t. Especially during the first arc. With the referee constantly ignoring foul play or ending the match DURING an attack / shot on target.
How is it idealised when players can ignore the laws of physic?
How is it possible that Tsubasa needs so many shots in slow motion but the defenders apaprently move at normal speed while he does that?

Something being outdated has nothing to do with realism.

Yes. It DOES. This is one of the few shows that would needed rewritten parts to some extent, if they are using players who actually exist in real life.
Neither is it sueful for Wakabayashi to play for a second league team, nor is the football in Brazil worth anything nowadays.
Nov 28, 2018 4:02 PM
May 2018
Skyguardian said:

Why do you need timestamps? Take the header for the 1-1. Two defenders being in the opponent's penalty area is completely asinine.

Two defenders? There's only Takasugi who overlapped because all the forwards were marked (Kisugi, Taki, Nagano) and also the midfielder Izawa.

Wakabayashi and Wakashimazu are literally ignoring physics.

If you mean Wakashimazu's karate moves, sure, but no one would have it any other way. It's part of the fun of the series. Of course Wakashimazu jumping on the goal post to catch the ball is unrealistic. You want to get rid of that? How boring.

Nothing. The problem is them suddenly sliding on the ground when they were simply standing still mere seconds ago.

And? Sliding tackles are just as legit as standing tackles. What's the issue here?

Did you just try to use completely asinine Manga logic (as in picking the national squad players) to counter my argument?

Sure. Nankatsu without Tsubasa is still stronger than Musashi without Misugi or Toho without Hyuga. You say they're useless but in all the matches this arc so far, they've shown they can play well without Tsubasa. So what's your argument that they're useless?

Soda - Fouling players and actually believing that that is a solid tactic. Do that two times and your own team is pretty much done for.
Hyuga - Going back from the team is important to "I need to be a ruthless asshole on the pitch.".

Fouling players to prevent them from scoring? Sure it's a solid tactic. It happens in football plenty of times.

You might want to look at the official uniforms again. Especially at Wakabayashis Hamburger SV shirt. They don't have a red logo.

Ah, but that's just the colouring for the 2018 anime. The manga had more accurate kits. Either way, it's not confirmed that they're even going to do World Youth, so the kits are most likely not finalised at this stage.

No. It didn.'t. Especially during the first arc. With the referee constantly ignoring foul play or ending the match DURING an attack / shot on target.

Good. This is actually one of the changes that makes Tsubasa more interesting than real soccer.
How is it idealised when players can ignore the laws of physic?

Because it's fun? We get these cool techniques.

How is it possible that Tsubasa needs so many shots in slow motion but the defenders apaprently move at normal speed while he does that?

I haven't seen any of that, but either way, it's a petty complaint. You're literally telling the anime staff to not do anime. One aspect of animation is exaggeration of real life.

Yes. It DOES. This is one of the few shows that would needed rewritten parts to some extent, if they are using players who actually exist in real life.
Neither is it sueful for Wakabayashi to play for a second league team, nor is the football in Brazil worth anything nowadays.

What the fuck? No. Why don't you tell that to Inazuma Eleven? Why don't they change their series to make it more realistic? What's the fucking point then? I might as well turn on my TV and watch real soccer.

Also they updated the setting in the new anime with smartphones and shit. That's actually a mistake. Tsubasa is a story that takes place in the 80s, and they should have kept it that way. Brazil was worth more then.
Nov 29, 2018 12:27 AM

Feb 2013
Yeah let's stop this. You are watching a sports Anime about football and then complain that people are annoyed that it isn't like football at all? Even calling football boring? Quite the stretch.

You do keep talking about Inazuma Eleven as well. What even is that? Why are you arguing about it as if I was using that show as an argument?

Also you do keep ignoring that most sports Manga and Anime ARE quite realistic.
Nov 29, 2018 3:41 AM
May 2018
Skyguardian said:
Yeah let's stop this. You are watching a sports Anime about football and then complain that people are annoyed that it isn't like football at all? Even calling football boring? Quite the stretch.

I didn't say that? I said that getting rid of the more popular aspects of the series would be boring. I never said football is boring. Mmm, do people complain that the martial arts tournament in Dragonball is nothing like an actual martial art tournament in real life? Do people complain that ninjas in Naruto are nothing like ninjas in real life? Besides, To say Tsubasa isn't like real life football at all is an exaggeration.

First, you say there were 2 defenders on the offense and claiming it's unrealistic. I just pointed out to you that there was only one. Nagano is a forward, not a defender. It's quite common to see a centerback overlap and go for the offense.

Second, then you have some problem with sliding tackles, and you barely explained how sliding tackles are supposed to be unrealistic. I still don't get what you mean.

Third, you complain about how Soda is a dick and that's unrealistic. Dude, have you ever watched real football? Lower skilled players try to foul the better skilled players a lot of times to stop them. There's literally nothing unrealistic about that. It is what happens.

Fourth, you complain about Nankatsu being useless without Tsubasa, forgetting that Taki scored in the last game and the trio built up most of the actions, and that in this very match, we had a centerback who scored. What you're saying doesn't match what's actually happening in the anime.

Fifth, your complaints about the kits for something that appeared for like one second on the screen. They're not 100% accurate at the moment, and they'll probably change it if they actually adapt that arc which is pretty far away, but keep in mind that the anime may have licensing issues like the previous Road to 2002 anime, so expecting them to keep it 100% accurate to the real life clubs is wishful thinking.

Sixth, sure, the show doesn't respect the laws of physics, but why should it if that means getting rid of all the special techniques? People like those.

The problem is you claiming that Tsubasa is completely unrealistic, which is patently false. There are aspects that are, like the physics, but for the most part, it's not. Even the drive shot is an actual technical shot used by professional players in real life.

you do keep talking about Inazuma Eleven as well. What even is that? Why are you arguing about it as if I was using that show as an argument?

Because you wouldn't tell the Inazuma staff to get rid of all the special techniques and unrealism. It's part of how the show is designed.

You want to know why I get annoyed? Because in episode 1, Wakabayashi pulled all these crazy stunts by even stopping a javelin with his foot. People like you were watching since the beginning, and it never occured to you that Captain Tsubasa might not be the football series you're looking for? This is not like Samurai Flamenco which induced people into error into thinking what kind of show it was going to be when they introduced unrealistic elements episodes down the line. Captain Tsubasa, like Inazuma Eleven were pretty clear from day one what kind of shows they were going to be.

Also you do keep ignoring that most sports Manga and Anime ARE quite realistic.

Are they? Which one do you have in mind? Let's stick to soccer because it's what I know best.

Here are series that I watched that do not 100% respect football:

Inazuma Eleven, Captain Tsubasa, Hungry Heart Wild Striker, Moero Top Striker, Aoki Densetsu Shoot, Dragon League.

But the most popular ones? Captain Tsubasa and Inazuma Eleven are at the top. Sure, Giant Killing, Days etc have their fans, but don't act like super 100% realistic football anime is the standard. It's not, as I've shown above.
Nov 29, 2018 3:52 AM

Feb 2013
Since when is DB a sports Manga?
In which universe is Naruto a historical Manga?
Dude do you even know how a discussion works? I give you a hint. It isn't what you are doing.

And no. It isn't realistic. A school tournament bringing tons of fans into a world cup stadium? TV coverage? Just no.
Or go even further.
In which universe do teams only have one goalkeeper at a tournament?

You can't do a sliding tackle at 0 velocity. Is it that hard to understand?
Or even better. Hyuga shooting a ball through three feet at once and the ball actually gains speed? How is that supposed to work? Never minding the fact that he was working as a 11-12 year old and already looked like a grown man.

It is pretty annoying to quote and write on the phone so I will (sadly as I must be some kind of masochist) come to the other nonsense you came up with later today.

You continue to bring up stuff I never said. Again with Inazuma Eleven which I still don't know.
Nov 29, 2018 5:43 AM
May 2018
Skyguardian said:
Since when is DB a sports Manga?
In which universe is Naruto a historical Manga?
Dude do you even know how a discussion works? I give you a hint. It isn't what you are doing.

Dragonball? Fighting tournaments are a thing. Boxing? Judo? Karate? And all that jazz? When one of those are in the Olympics, wouldn't you call those sports? But okay, you don't like my Naruto example. How about something like Makai Tensho? It's historical, and it still features superhuman samurais and ninjas.

And no. It isn't realistic.

I didn't deny that. All I'm saying is that it has realistic portions as well as unrealistic portions. You're saying everything is unrealistic. I'm pointing out to you many realistic elements of the series.

A school tournament bringing tons of fans into a world cup stadium? TV coverage?

The number of fans are exaggerated, but you also realise it's an anime, and things like that are done on purpose to increase the drama. TV coverage? Sure. I even saw high school female soccer coverage on TV. It's not impossible.

In which universe do teams only have one goalkeeper at a tournament?

Middle school ones? They aren't professionals yet. Even a half in CT at this stage is only like 30 minutes, not 45. They do have substitutes, but considering the number of characters created for the series, you really expect the author to also go out of his way to detail every bench member of a team? Tsubasa has already so many named characters compared to other soccer series.

Second, wasn't Morisaki a substitute for Wakabayashi during the elementary school tournament? Keep in mind that they're still all at school. Maybe the requirement for this tournament is to only get 11 players for your team and if one's injured, it's your own problem. Not all schools put that much resources into their sports, so it's very possible for a lot of teams to not even acquire 11 members for a soccer team. Remember that a school also needs resources to dedicate to the other sports.

You can't do a sliding tackle at 0 velocity. Is it that hard to understand?

Who said the tackle was done at 0 velocity? If you mean Izawa's, he was clearly running so I don't know what you mean by 0 velocity.

Or even better. Hyuga shooting a ball through three feet at once and the ball actually gains speed? How is that supposed to work? Never minding the fact that he was working as a 11-12 year old and already looked like a grown man.

Yeah, it's not realistic, but if you read, I already conceded that the laws of physics aren't applied, but I wouldn't like them to, since Tsubasa relies on special techniques to keep things interesting. Hyuga doesn't look like a grown man, he looks like a grown teenager. I've seen those kind at my own school years back so again, this is not unrealistic. Where's the unrealism with him working at 11-12 years old? You should know that kids in many countries actually start early to help their parents in need. It's a very realistic scenario. You're just grasping at straws now.

It is pretty annoying to quote and write on the phone so I will (sadly as I must be some kind of masochist) come to the other nonsense you came up with later today.

What nonsense I came up with today? You're making unjustifiable claims. I only pressed you on it and you got annoyed first. That's what a discussion is about. If you don't want your ideas challenged, then don't post. I'm an open book.

You continue to bring up stuff I never said. Again with Inazuma Eleven which I still don't know.

What stuff I brought up that you never said? In fact, it was you who brought up stuff I never said, like how I supposedly said that I think soccer is boring. Never did.

I bring up Inazuma Eleven because it's relevant, and also because you made a claim that most sport series are realistic. Sure, that may be the case, but your point misses a bigger point, is that some of the most popular sports series are those that require you to suspend your disbelief. Realistic sports anime isn't the standard, just as much as realistic anime in general isn't the standard either.
EauDeBlaNov 29, 2018 5:57 AM
Nov 29, 2018 5:48 AM

Feb 2013
Yeah it is Nonsense to bring up Naruto and Dragonball in a discussion about sports.
The fact that you still don't get why that is completely stupid, made me realize one thing.
I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Have a nice day.
Nov 29, 2018 6:03 AM
May 2018
Skyguardian said:
Yeah it is Nonsense to bring up Naruto and Dragonball in a discussion about sports.
The fact that you still don't get why that is completely stupid, made me realize one thing.
I don't want to talk to you anymore.
Have a nice day.

Oh okay so you're just going to ignore all the points you can't argue back like a snowflake. Fine. I brought up Naruto and Dragonball to show you that anime doesn't necessarily have to be realistic, even when sports is concerned (like a martial art tournament).

Seriously, if you didn't make claims that can't be backed, then I wouldn't even have engaged you. If you just said, Tsubasa has too many unrealistic moments for me so it's not my thing, fine, but no, a lot of your claims about irrealistic moments are actually realistic as I just pointed out above! It's quite possible that you are the one living in an alternate reality where you don't think 12 years old can actually work for a living. Step outside of your bubble for a little bit.

And your constant refusal to address any of my points. It goes to show that none of your claims were any good anyway.
Nov 29, 2018 8:42 AM

May 2012
Another good episode.

ALso, I don't give demand if it is not realistic. Every match is so intense and keep me at the edge of my seat. It is best football anime. Period

I have seen some realistic football anime like Days and Knight of Area, but those were so boring (specially Days) and i was forced to drop it. Not just football, but most realistic sport anime I've seen has been has been so boring. I enjoy more unrealistic sport anime like Captain tsubasa and Kuroko no Basket, it more intense and entertaining.
Nov 29, 2018 12:32 PM

Dec 2016
Another amazing episode!

Takasugi scored, even though everyone thought he was kidding when he said he would score a goal like Soda, in the last episode. I didn't remember that part from the manga or the older versions of this anime, so it was a very good surprise!

About Captain Tsubasa being unrealistic or not, I don't really care. If I'm having fun watching the anime, everything is fine for me. But yeah, something very realistic would be like we're watching real soccer, but animated.
Dec 1, 2018 2:07 AM
Mar 2018
The drive shot missed by a margin!!!!!
Feb 14, 2019 9:47 PM

Dec 2015
Good to see the Kamisori techniques again after using them so much in videogames ! (Soda was often my choice as heavy hitter when the brutes like Tsubasa or Hyûga weren't able to run properly on the field anymore)

Every time the Drive Shoot is mentioned, I see the dramatic scene of Tsubasa breaking his leg on it . ^^" Glad they kept the diving bird imagery

4/5

Skyguardian said:

This is the first episode where literally nothing made any shred of sense.

You better prepare yourself for the (Shin/Neo) Tiger Shoot: it can dig a hole in a wall !?
Also, later on, the footballs might even come deflated from a shot (or mysteriously intact).

@thepath Nothing forces peoples to stop midway in a fiction... We just decide to not bother further.
Dec 30, 2020 3:00 PM

Dec 2007
when i saw that razor shot i asked myself - "in this world everyone can make their own shots??" really annoying -__-

and more annoying, after so much praises on tsubasa, you would except he will know how to deal with this kind of defense, but no...

it's funny that toho coach says he won't play when the opening literally specific that hyouga will play..
Oct 26, 2022 8:31 PM

Aug 2019
Soda is the worst kind of player. Let me injure a player in order to win. How shameless can you be?

More topics from this board

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Captain Tsubasa (2018) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2018

49 by thepath »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM

» First PV of 2nd Season and Studio Changes

Dbagas8 - Mar 22, 2023

0 by Dbagas8 »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.