Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 9, 2018 5:03 PM

Nov 2008
Good stuff, but I wish creators diversified their incest choices, it's always cousins or big brother x little sister. Give me non-hentai parental incest and some aunt/uncle x nephew/niece.

May 9, 2018 7:01 PM

Dec 2017
CrustyRolls said:
I just view the whole nii-chan/nee-chan thing similarly to the whole daddy/baby thing, and it doesn't disgust me.

It is annoying the way anime handles it though, and it puts newcomers off of watching anime, which is a shame.

The only anime with incest in it that I didn't find annoying was Ouran, Koi Kaze and Yosuga no Sora.

In Ouran, I found the gag funny.
In Yosuga and Koi Kaze, they both handled it pretty well and I wasn't offended. They acknowledged how taboo and difficult it would be to fall in love with your sibling, and didn't sugar-coat it like other shows do.
I don't actually know if this is satire or real.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
May 9, 2018 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
Zerity said:
people who don't have siblings like that shit people with siblings think its disgusting. As long as there are people without siblings the appeal of this will still stay.
I have a sister. I don't give half a shit about incest.

People really need to start minding their own business instead of telling two consenting adults whether they can or can't fuck.
May 9, 2018 9:49 PM

Aug 2016
Lord_Sithis said:
People really need to start minding their own business instead of telling two consenting adults whether they can or can't fuck.

Except unlike other odd kinks that may be otherwise harmless, incest does actually pose a genuine threat to society, which is why it is so universally taboo.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
May 9, 2018 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
Lord_Sithis said:

So we're not allowed to have an opinion? Ok.

Age was never specified. I'm saying incest for ALL ages regardless of any circumstances.
May 9, 2018 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
Arimias said:
Lord_Sithis said:

So we're not allowed to have an opinion? Ok.

Age was never specified. I'm saying incest for ALL ages regardless of any circumstances.
The point is that two consenting adults are free to have sex. We have no right to tell them they can't.

Psyotic said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Except unlike other odd kinks that may be otherwise harmless, incest does actually pose a genuine threat to society, which is why it is so universally taboo.
It actually doesn't if you act responsible. And if you don't act responsible, there are a lot of worse things, and those are not taboo.
May 9, 2018 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
Lord_Sithis said:
The point is that two consenting adults are free to have sex. We have no right to tell them they can't.

Sure, if it's legal in a specific country and they're adults, no problem. Even though I'd fight against that law, law is law in certain countries. But for 90% of the world, it is, by law, illegal to be conducting acts of incest. Why? There are many reason why it's bad and unhealthy for a society. Shall I give you a list?
May 9, 2018 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
Arimias said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Sure, if it's legal in a specific country and they're adults, no problem. Even though I'd fight against that law, law is law in certain countries. But for 90% of the world, it is, by law, illegal to be conducting acts of incest. Why? There are many reason why it's bad and unhealthy for a society. Shall I give you a list?
Sure, but that entire list is void by the simple act of using a condom.
May 9, 2018 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
Lord_Sithis said:

A condom isn't a good counter-argument since it's not 100% guaranteed you still won't get your sister/cousin pregnant.

Just a question out of curiosity: If your sister started to have sexual feelings towards you, would you feel comfortable giving her a chance?
May 9, 2018 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
Arimias said:
Lord_Sithis said:

A condom isn't a good counter-argument since it's not 100% guaranteed you still won't get your sister/cousin pregnant.

Just a question out of curiosity: If your sister started to have sexual feelings towards you, would you feel comfortable giving her a chance?
Then we have pills, abortion, etc. No big deal. On top of this, no, you won't have retarded babies by getting your sister pregnant, this is way overexaggerated. Do some research and you'll find having kids in your late 30s or 40s has a higher risk of genetic defects than incest.

I mean, I'm not attracted to my sister, but if I were, then sure, why not?
May 9, 2018 10:13 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly, people can fuck a train station nowadays, so I don't see what's so wrong with two consenting adults who love each other. And before I get this mass triggering on the issue of genetics, realize that it takes generations upon generations of consanguinity to produce any clinically significant increase in rare autosomal recessive disorders. More dead in-utero fetuses perhaps, but who cares.

People tend to not view their sister as a sexual partner because long term living under the same roof conditions you psychologically to see them more as a sibling than the opposite sex. The same can't be said if you've never had this conditioning due to living apart - cue the almighty (t)(w)incest animu Yosuga no Sora.
May 9, 2018 10:13 PM

Aug 2016
Lord_Sithis said:
It actually doesn't if you act responsible. And if you don't act responsible, there are a lot of worse things, and those are not taboo.

Indeed not all things deemed bad are bad in certain situations. However, there is the case that when something is bad most of the time, then it is best to deem it so. Therefore that it should follow that the simple proposition that people can act responsibly is not enough to suppose that something isn't wrong, but rather that people do act responsibly. As such, incest is still wrong.
May 9, 2018 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
Psyotic said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Indeed not all things deemed bad are bad in certain situations. However, there is the case that when something is bad most of the time, then it is best to deem it so. Therefore that it should follow that the simple proposition that people can act responsibly is not enough to suppose that something isn't wrong, but rather that people do act responsibly. As such, incest is still wrong.
Nope, incest is not wrong. I said before the genetic defects aspect is way overexaggerated. Even then, there's plenty of birth control methods in case you're truly worried about destroying society with retarded babies.
May 9, 2018 10:17 PM

Oct 2016
Kuroda said:
Hey guys, I hope you're having a wonderful day!
Oh YEAH THANKS I DID HAVE A GOOD DAY. :^)
May 9, 2018 10:17 PM

Mar 2014
I don't understand it and makes me a little uncomfortable to watch. If the show is good enough I will keep watching it, but I wouldn't have a problem dropping it if that was all it had to offer.
May 9, 2018 10:20 PM

Aug 2016
Lord_Sithis said:
Nope, incest is not wrong.

Why not? If something is not wrong, then it must be good, correct? So why is incest good?

I said before the genetic defects aspect is way overexaggerated. Even then, there's plenty of birth control methods in case you're truly worried about destroying society with retarded babies.

That is assuming that there is, in fact, only one reason as to why incest is viewed as harmful. But given that you're accepting that if something does cause harm, if only in certain circumstances, then it is wrong in those circumstances is it not? So if such circumstances are far more prevalent and greater in number than the circumstances in which it isn't harmful, then it seems like a valid assertion that as a whole it is harmful.
May 9, 2018 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
Psyotic said:
Lord_Sithis said:
Nope, incest is not wrong.

Why not? If something is not wrong, then it must be good, correct? So why is incest good?

I said before the genetic defects aspect is way overexaggerated. Even then, there's plenty of birth control methods in case you're truly worried about destroying society with retarded babies.

That is assuming that there is, in fact, only one reason as to why incest is viewed as harmful. But given that you're accepting that if something does cause harm, if only in certain circumstances, then it is wrong in those circumstances is it not? So if such circumstances are far more prevalent and greater in number than the circumstances in which it isn't harmful, then it seems like a valid assertion that as a whole it is harmful.
Ehm... excuse me? I would re-read my last few posts and not assume things.
May 9, 2018 10:24 PM

Aug 2016
Lord_Sithis said:

I'm not terribly interested in your discussions with other people. Let me ask you this, would a brother and a sister raising a family together with their own kids be wrong? Yes or no.
May 9, 2018 10:25 PM

Dec 2017
Lord_Sithis said:
Arimias said:

Then we have pills, abortion, etc. No big deal. On top of this, no, you won't have retarded babies by getting your sister pregnant, this is way overexaggerated. Do some research and you'll find having kids in your late 30s or 40s has a higher risk of genetic defects than incest.

EYYY BRUH YOU GOTTA CHILL. In all seriousness, if you wanna fuck your sister I ain't judging man but you can't deny the increased risk of birth defects that result from an incestuous relationship.
May 9, 2018 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
Psyotic said:
Lord_Sithis said:

I'm not terribly interested in your discussions with other people. Let me ask you this, would a brother and a sister raising a family together with their own kids be wrong? Yes or no.
I could say the same.

It wouldn't be wrong as long as it's only one generation. We only see it as wrong because society tells us it's wrong, just like it has happened in the past with way too many different things.
May 9, 2018 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
NickDen said:
Lord_Sithis said:

EYYY BRUH YOU GOTTA CHILL. In all seriousness, if you wanna fuck your sister I ain't judging man but you can't deny the increased risk of birth defects that result from an incestuous relationship.
I can't. The increase is just so insignificant that having kids as an old adult has higher chance of birth defect than young siblings having kids. You would need generations upon generations for that insignificant chance to truly grow, like that one Spanish guy.
May 9, 2018 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Lord_Sithis said:
NickDen said:

I can't. The increase is just so insignificant that having kids as an old adult has higher chance of birth defect than young siblings having kids. You would need generations upon generations for that insignificant chance to truly grow, like that one Spanish guy.

So are you denying the biological cost of incest and how it's an almost 50% guaranteed chance the baby born of incest will have a birth defect?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animals-and-us/201210/the-problem-incest
May 9, 2018 10:35 PM

Aug 2016
Lord_Sithis said:
We only see it as wrong because society tells us it's wrong, just like it has happened in the past with way too many different things.

Like I stated earlier, societal norms are not arbitrary things that come into existence out of a simple vacuum. As with many things, things are generally wrong for a reason. Whether or not those reasons are valid is what matters. And in the case of incest, which is such a taboo that virtually all societies frown up on it, and can be so destructive for a species that similar behaviors can be found in plants and animals, that simply stating that we only see it as wrong because society deems it so reduces us to being simple social puppets.

As we have seen time and time again, when the notion that something isn't wrong becomes so prevalent that society completely shifts away from considering it a taboo, that such behavior becomes more prevalent. So it no longer becomes just a simple matter of just a single generation of incest, but if us seeing incest as wrong is purely because society deems it so, what is to say that it will not continue through multiple generations?
May 10, 2018 12:21 AM

Dec 2007
If you don't understand a fetish, having someone explain it to you will not help you understand it ever. It is a personal taste. It's like asking someone why they like certain types of food that you don't enjoy. You're never going to understand it...

Just accept that everyone likes different things and don't try to abolish/censor any of it.
May 10, 2018 2:27 AM

May 2015
Psyotic said:
Incest is degenerate and people who enjoy incest anime are degenerate. The anime industry should stop promoting such degenerate behaviors and start producing more quality works.

How's the weather up on your high horse?

May 10, 2018 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
Psyotic said:
Lord_Sithis said:
We only see it as wrong because society tells us it's wrong, just like it has happened in the past with way too many different things.

Like I stated earlier, societal norms are not arbitrary things that come into existence out of a simple vacuum. As with many things, things are generally wrong for a reason. Whether or not those reasons are valid is what matters. And in the case of incest, which is such a taboo that virtually all societies frown up on it, and can be so destructive for a species that similar behaviors can be found in plants and animals, that simply stating that we only see it as wrong because society deems it so reduces us to being simple social puppets.

As we have seen time and time again, when the notion that something isn't wrong becomes so prevalent that society completely shifts away from considering it a taboo, that such behavior becomes more prevalent. So it no longer becomes just a simple matter of just a single generation of incest, but if us seeing incest as wrong is purely because society deems it so, what is to say that it will not continue through multiple generations?
You do know homosexuality was seen as taboo and destructive by society right?

Arimias said:
Lord_Sithis said:

So are you denying the biological cost of incest and how it's an almost 50% guaranteed chance the baby born of incest will have a birth defect?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animals-and-us/201210/the-problem-incest
Come on, give me a better "study" than this... thing.
May 10, 2018 5:39 AM
Aug 2017
I dunno why but, although the real thing disgusts me, I don't mind it in anime
May 10, 2018 5:39 AM
Apr 2017
if you ask me
that sort of fetish is disgusting
May 10, 2018 6:05 AM

May 2014
Botan-Chan45 said:
CrustyRolls said:
I just view the whole nii-chan/nee-chan thing similarly to the whole daddy/baby thing, and it doesn't disgust me.

It is annoying the way anime handles it though, and it puts newcomers off of watching anime, which is a shame.

The only anime with incest in it that I didn't find annoying was Ouran, Koi Kaze and Yosuga no Sora.

In Ouran, I found the gag funny.
In Yosuga and Koi Kaze, they both handled it pretty well and I wasn't offended. They acknowledged how taboo and difficult it would be to fall in love with your sibling, and didn't sugar-coat it like other shows do.

It's just my opinion, bro. Whats so wrong about it? If you're talking about the whole "sugar coat" part, I still stand by that opinion. Neither show is perfect, but in Yosuga Haru throws up when he finds out Sora loves him, and the relationship pushes everyone else away and all of their friends are disgusted when they find out.
In Koi Kaze, the brother constantly hates himself for how he feels, and when they do start to get closer, it puts their family under strain and ruins the relationship they used to have with each other. In the long run, nobody in Koi Kaze ends up truly happy.

Sorry for the paragraph if that wasn't what you thought must be "satire", but when you leave such a vague and condescending comment, it's hard to know which part of my opinion you are disagreeing with.
May 10, 2018 6:14 AM

Dec 2017
CrustyRolls said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

It's just my opinion, bro. Whats so wrong about it? If you're talking about the whole "sugar coat" part, I still stand by that opinion. Neither show is perfect, but in Yosuga Haru throws up when he finds out Sora loves him, and the relationship pushes everyone else away and all of their friends are disgusted when they find out.
In Koi Kaze, the brother constantly hates himself for how he feels, and when they do start to get closer, it puts their family under strain and ruins the relationship they used to have with each other. In the long run, nobody in Koi Kaze ends up truly happy.

Sorry for the paragraph if that wasn't what you thought must be "satire", but when you leave such a vague and condescending comment, it's hard to know which part of my opinion you are disagreeing with.
Oh so your like every other commenter here. Nvm It's fucking retarded that this thread still exists.(Sora really? Don't they still fuck.)
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
May 10, 2018 6:14 AM

Dec 2017
NeoLegendX said:
if you ask me
that sort of fetish is disgusting
Compared to fart fetish and weird fetishes found on pornhub, not really.(Especially Ntr real life.)
May 10, 2018 6:27 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CrustyRolls said:
]

Haru is nervous and afraid whereas Sora doesn't share those concerns because, well, she loves him and that's what's most important to her. He also goes out of his way to try and find out the history of things and how to avoid issues and tries to research the topic more so he can understand it better so he can reciprocate his feelings in a healthy way. He's still nervous and that's largely portrayed as concerns with the taboos and stigmas surrounding it rather than a sort of revulsion to Sora or being in an incestuous relationship with her.

ManabanMay 10, 2018 6:43 AM

May 10, 2018 6:36 AM

May 2014
Botan-Chan45 said:
CrustyRolls said:

Oh so your like every other commenter here. Nvm It's fucking retarded that this thread still exists.(Sora really? Don't they still fuck.)

It's not "fucking retarded" that this thread still exists, because people are allowed to disagree with you. And whether they fuck or not doesn't affect how well incest is handled in a show. They fuck in Koi Kaze too, by the way, and a lot of people agree it was handled in a mature and comfortable way.
It's ok for me to have the same opinion as others on this thread, it doesn't make your opinion more or less valid depending on how many people agree with you.
And yes, I still think Sora is a valid example because it shows how difficult and depressing it would be to be separated from your friends because of falling for your sibling, and Sora's
highlights that.
Why are you even looking at this thread if you just want to shit on the popular opinion?
May 10, 2018 6:55 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
CrustyRolls said:

And yes, I still think Sora is a valid example because it shows how difficult and depressing it would be to be separated from your friends because of falling for your sibling, and Sora's
highlights that.

ManabanMay 10, 2018 7:49 AM

May 10, 2018 7:11 AM

Dec 2017
CrustyRolls said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

It's not "fucking retarded" that this thread still exists, because people are allowed to disagree with you. And whether they fuck or not doesn't affect how well incest is handled in a show. They fuck in Koi Kaze too, by the way, and a lot of people agree it was handled in a mature and comfortable way.
It's ok for me to have the same opinion as others on this thread, it doesn't make your opinion more or less valid depending on how many people agree with you.
highlights that.
Why are you even looking at this thread if you just want to shit on the popular opinion?
Every opinion is popular. So that's why I shit in every thread.
May 10, 2018 7:36 AM

May 2008
its nice in anime
its disgusting irl
simple as that

and im sure the reason why a lot of people are into incest is the "forbidden/immoral" thing i mean its the same with murder isnt it? a lot of people love the "bad guy" character who has killed tons of people cause it's "hot" but would you call a murderer in real life hot? i dont think so and if you do you need help
May 10, 2018 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
Lord_Sithis said:

Even if I gave you another study, you'd probably dismiss it due to ignorance. We're done discussing this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Botan-Chan45 said:

Why is it retarded this thread still exists? I'm not allowed to have an opinion?
May 10, 2018 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
Arimias said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Even if I gave you another study, you'd probably dismiss it due to ignorance. We're done discussing this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wouldn't, but sure, have a nice day!

Btw, there's something called birth control. It's actually a very interesting thing. I kinda like it.
May 10, 2018 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
nabuka said:
a lot of people love the "bad guy" character who has killed tons of people cause it's "hot" but would you call a murderer in real life hot? i dont think so and if you do you need help

Huh? What are you talking about? What does murder have to do with the topic of incest? Those are two different subject matters.
May 10, 2018 7:53 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Arimias said:
nabuka said:
a lot of people love the "bad guy" character who has killed tons of people cause it's "hot" but would you call a murderer in real life hot? i dont think so and if you do you need help

Huh? What are you talking about? What does murder have to do with the topic of incest? Those are two different subject matters.

It's questioning the idea of people approaching reality and fiction with the same mindset and set of morals and principles. It isn't just narrowed down to murder versus incest, it's just comparing another act that could be considered immoral and how people can love that in fiction yet the circumstances would probably change in reality. I don't see how it isn't related tbh, you can express why you view them in different lights if you don't agree with the comparison and such, as opposed to just ignoring the overhead idea being expressed in favor of a more literal interpretation.
ManabanMay 10, 2018 8:00 AM

May 10, 2018 8:05 AM

Dec 2017
Arimias said:
Lord_Sithis said:

Botan-Chan45 said:

Why is it retarded this thread still exists? I'm not allowed to have an opinion?
No. It's retarded that this thread exists even though there is always a similar thread. Your opinion isn't retarded, just that this has been regurgitated every time.
May 10, 2018 8:24 AM
Jan 2016
Incest? Is every thread worth mentioning?
May 10, 2018 9:13 AM

Feb 2010
Who needs incest as long as there are other people's imoutos?
Being an imouto > being related.

Just some food for thought since this thread seems to be pretty much stuck and arguing in circles.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 10, 2018 9:59 AM

Aug 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:

I don't think you need to be on much of a high horse to say that incest is wrong.

Lord_Sithis said:

Well that depends on both the time period and culture you're looking at, but it's nowhere near as much of a universal trend as incest is. Depending on the time and place, homosexuality was perfectly acceptable within many societies. However, the same cannot be said for incest.

May 10, 2018 10:26 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Psyotic said:
Well that depends on both the time period and culture you're looking at, but it's nowhere near as much of a universal trend as incest is. Depending on the time and place, homosexuality was perfectly acceptable within many societies. However, the same cannot be said for incest.

Zoroastrians in Persia practiced quite a bit, and there's evidence that post Islamic-conquest that they allowed it to continue to a degree which heavily kind of suggests it wasn't just a pragmatic royalty thing given the general displacement of ruling society that comes alongside conquest, albeit at the same time xwedodah can be heavily debated in meaning and some opt to interpret it as something like marrying dead relatives and mostly a means as keeping accumulated wealth within the families, which was mostly attributed to their equivalent of nobility naturally but not necessarily exclusive to it. Zoroastrianism is also one of the few non-Abrahamic religions that very heavily forbade homosexuality and the like. It's not really something that history has universally forbade and made taboo and it's highly unlikely that there is anything of that nature through the various cultures that have risen and declined throughout history.

Ancient Egypt is another very strong example - while it's been known for a long time that pharoes had married several of their sisters and very often had children with them, the general consensus nowadays based on Roman census during their time ruling is that sibling marriages were an aspect that permeated pretty much every class and social structure of that society due to it being a fairly commonplace for husbands and wives to also be marked as having the same sets of parents and being siblings when it comes to where they were born to.

Greeks, kind of historical "weirdos" in these things and I'm pretty sure there are few ancient societies one could travel back to and view as being as degenerate of as much, also had it to a certain but lesser degree and eventually, like homosexuality and pedastry, it left their domain more or less, but it still existed for a good while and was generally more accepted than in most other societies. Leonidas I of Sparta was married to his niece and there's evidence that brother-sister relationships were permitted so long as they had different mothers, meaning half-sibling marriages were perfectly good to go and the issue was when the blood relation was in full swing. Ancient China would allow marriages between those who did not have the same last name, primarily between cousins and such. Those things suggest that it was somewhat taboo for pure-blood relationships in those societies, but not nearly to the same extent at which it could be ascribed by modern standards.

And thing is, all of those are very relevant cultures and societies from a historical standpoint, 4 of the most so by and large, and those are just the examples that I'm aware of. We're not talking about some isolated tribal pagans in Finland or the modern Baltic states somewhere such as that, where one sort of outlier society thought it was all perfectly fine and then coming it and trying to toss it as minor evidence to the contrary or anything. We're talking about pretty relevant societies, especially in their time periods and even today to some extent.

Like, pedophilia is another example of a taboo that, while being more known to being accepted in more ancient cultures than incestuous relationships - is highly forbidden in this day and age, and, from my impression at least, is considered to be far more egregious in current western society than an incestuous relationship would be. Pedastry in general took root in a number of socities to a pretty notable degree, from the Ancient Greeks to the Romans to the practice of shudō in Japan where it was treated as a cultural tradition and existed up until the Meiji restoration or so. On a surface level, if people haven't really read up on societies that had practiced these things, they wouldn't really know much and could just look at how, in a more globalized society, these elements are generally and very widespread to be a taboo and it's generally inconceivable to a lot of people that these things existed up until a couple of centuries ago at least, maybe even a few moreso.

But no, the assertion that incest has been a universal taboo or even really close enough to be considered in the discussion of being "universal" is outright false. Majority? Definitely. Large majority even? Yup. But that's a huge distinction to make between majority, or even a large majority, and universal, a distinction that should not be taken lightly in the context of discussing societal taboos and their prominence throughout history around the world. "Universal" is not the case whatsoever and there's evidence about ancient societies that practiced and permitted sibling relationships specifically, let alone more distant relationships like ones between cousins and what have you.
ManabanMay 10, 2018 10:41 AM

May 10, 2018 11:33 AM

Aug 2016
Manaban said:
But no, the assertion that incest has been a universal taboo or even really close enough to be considered in the discussion of being "universal" is outright false. Majority? Definitely. Large majority even? Yup. But that's a huge distinction to make between majority, or even a large majority, and universal, a distinction that should not be taken lightly in the context of discussing societal taboos and their prominence throughout history around the world. "Universal" is not the case whatsoever and there's evidence about ancient societies that practiced and permitted sibling relationships specifically, let alone more distant relationships like ones between cousins and what have you.

I was primarily referring to incestuous relationships between brother and sister or parent and child. Incestuous relationships between cousins seems to be far more common than relationships between people with close familial bonds. Even among groups like the Zoroastrians, relationships between brother and sisters was uncommon if not outright looked down upon. The only occurrence that I could find and that you brought up would be during the period of Roman occupation of Egypt. So if your argument is a pedantic one on the use of the term "universal" then sure. But I would respond that didn't use "universal" as an absolute term, rather comparatively "as universal" or "almost universal".

But given that, homosexuality is still far more prevalent than incest, especially close-kin incest, throughout history. So the argument that incest should be okay because the only reason it's wrong is society says it's wrong, and society said that homosexuality is wrong when it isn't, so incest must also not be wrong is still built upon a shaky comparison at best and seems to neglect the plethora of reasons as to why incest is such a common social taboo.
May 10, 2018 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
steponmeazula said:
wixoss is one of my favorite animes but the incest was just....a big no. it also bothered me while watching yuru yuri, but at least this time it was used as comedy rather than anything serious.

i actually came into this thread thinking of mentioning wixoss, so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one.

i'm actually the opposite. i thought wixoss was horrible, but their take of incest in it was the best take on it i've seen in anime. they treated it as a taboo, something that people SHOULD be ashamed of, whereas in most anime they just look the other way.
May 10, 2018 2:32 PM

May 2015
Psyotic said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

I don't think you need to be on much of a high horse to say that incest is wrong.

Lord_Sithis said:

You need to be on one to say that it's still bad even in fiction, and to call anyone who enjoys it in fiction a degenerate.

May 10, 2018 3:30 PM

Aug 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
You need to be on one to say that it's still bad even in fiction, and to call anyone who enjoys it in fiction a degenerate.

Did I say it was bad in fiction? No, I said it was degenerate and people who enjoy degenerate things are degenerates themselves. Degenerates are defined by their tastes and behaviors, so just because they're reading about it doesn't mean they aren't degenerates for doing so.
May 10, 2018 3:38 PM

May 2015
Psyotic said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Did I say it was bad in fiction? No, I said it was degenerate and people who enjoy degenerate things are degenerates themselves. Degenerates are defined by their tastes and behaviors, so just because they're reading about it doesn't mean they aren't degenerates for doing so.

Yeah, and you're a piece of shit for thinking that.

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

53 by trinitroglycerin »»
53 seconds ago

Poll: » Pick your favourite in this list!

AnimeLover1289 - 4 hours ago

11 by TRC_Randy »»
3 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7165 by Alexioos95 »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime that desparately need a Remaster

ST63LTH - Yesterday

33 by Morphun »»
9 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Apr 26

99 by deg »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.