Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2018 1:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm impressed by Blue Angel

Even though she seemed to struggle a lot at first, but she is able to fight back thanks to her strong fighting spirit. She didn't just manage to counterattack but also manage to bring out a new Trickstar with link summon.

It's too bad she still lost...sigh. :(
Jan 10, 2018 6:11 AM

Aug 2015
That facewall though. Ouch.
Trickstars are selling quite well in japan, so she's not out for long...probably
And am I the only one who really wanted Akira or Go to revenge kill Spectre? Playmaker feels so shoehorned.
Jan 10, 2018 1:07 PM

May 2015
jesus this episode was savage asf.
Jan 10, 2018 1:22 PM

Jan 2013
this is not my kids show...

notice how during aois flight+face plant the animation was at its peak like wtf...
Jan 10, 2018 1:45 PM

Sep 2016

splat! ouch, that hurts.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 10, 2018 1:56 PM
Jan 2014
SHE LOST! PRAISE GREAT CTHULHU SHE LOST!

Don't get me wrong, I love Aoi's character, but those of you who don't play the game have no idea how CANCEROUS her deck is. The Reincarnation/Lyricois combo is painful to play against.
Jan 10, 2018 2:12 PM

Sep 2015
Bye Blue Miku you will revive soon right?

Next Playmaker rush to Blue Angel but WHERE THE HELL GO AGAIN? just stop turn into a meme Go.

GangsterCat said:

splat! ouch, that hurts.

That scene scared me lol.

They let Blue Angel face the ground just like that.
Into the Internet!
Jan 10, 2018 2:53 PM

Sep 2016
Dude this episode, wtf
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 10, 2018 3:31 PM

Dec 2016
That was a really exciting duel.

The back and forth, the psychology & tactics that were used by both, it was a really good duel in the end.

Blue angel busting out some sweet moves and a new link monster but it wasn't enough.

Specter was always one step ahead and I'm not that surprised that he won in the end.

Ouch, that was a very rough landing, she fell right on her face.

Specter VS Playmaker next time, this will be very good to watch as well, look like he could also be another lost child like Yuusaku.
Jan 10, 2018 3:39 PM

Aug 2014
I loved all that mahou shoujo speech about befriend your enemy xD.

Awesome episode, brutal ending

GangsterCat said:

splat! ouch, that hurts.

is she daijobu... right? RIGHT?
Jan 10, 2018 4:56 PM
Sep 2012
So Aoi lost, and Yusaku is going to have to save the day. And you know what, I don't have that big of a problem with it.

The only problem I have is the length of the duel, if Aoi is going go lose, don't drag it for two episodes. Unless it is the main villain, when we have multiple episode duels, I expect the good guys to win, not dragged out, giving us false hope.

The main reason it is okay, is because Aoi already had a big win earlier, so I guess it is okay, but just don't let it become a regular Yusaku is going to have clean up everyone's messes.

So next Yusaku vs Spectra, if Aoi got two episodes, Yusaku should get at least two episodes before defeating Spectra.
Jan 10, 2018 6:50 PM

Oct 2017
I was wondering if her or go was going to lose first. Damn, Spectre is fucking insane.
Jan 10, 2018 9:44 PM
Mar 2009
GangsterCat said:

splat! ouch, that hurts.

face-plant *ba dum tss*
Jan 11, 2018 4:42 AM

Mar 2012
fullmetal-ghoul said:
Great episode and duel, Spectre is a great villain. Narratively speaking I actually think it's better writing for Aoi to lose here. If Spectre is meant to be her final opponent this arc, which is how it has been built up, then her losing here obviously makes a lot more sense. She's in the middle of her arc, with a lot more room to grow. She should only defeat Spectre after experiencing that growth, which is what will hopefully happen after this defeat. I said before it wouldn't be satisfying if she, Yusaku and Go were to defeat Hanoi here, simply because they haven't grown enough as characters to warrant a victory, so in a sense I'm happy she lost here.

That being said, I'm really worried at how Yoshida is gonna handle this. Yusaku dueling Spectre next week makes no sense to me, if he loses which he should if this is gonna be well written, then it should be at the hands of Revolver. Defeating Spectre and then losing to Revolver also makes no sense to me, that only reduces Spectre's credibility for an eventual rematch with Aoi. Also this time limit doesn't exactly inspire confidence. So yeah the possibility that Aoi gets shafted for the rest of this arc, and Yusaku saves the day definitely exists, and that would be awful, but hopefully things will turn out alright.
Spectre look like one of the six Lost Incident victim so it is not that hard to see why Yusaku will face him. Like how Yusaku being he is now may have been because he meet with Kusanagi then how twisted Spectre is because how he meet with Revolver. As preview said it's basically boil to their idea of salvation.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 11, 2018 6:48 AM

Feb 2013
This can't be happening!
Kawaii Blue Angel lost, damn.
Jan 11, 2018 2:09 PM
Aug 2015
Don't understand how Aoi didn't expect Spectre to have a counter measure for the "Can't use your ability because of too many monsters" ability, seeing as it's literally so obvious to see lol

On another note, Spectre's facial expressions throughout this episodes were great (Demonic and creepy, but great!). And lets all take a minute to pay respects to Aoi after that face plant scene... lol
Jan 12, 2018 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
I was on the edge of my seat throughout this duel. I wanted Aoi to win but my genre-savvy gut tells me that no, she's gonna lose. And goddamnit she did.

Good go,d the faces Spectre makes is freaking gold.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 12, 2018 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
Finaly that duel is over, I have the feeling of wasting two episodes :-/
if it only ended with a double ok, it would be much better.
Jan 12, 2018 6:35 PM

Sep 2015
Predictable.. I feel like Yusaku is the one whos gonna defeat Spectre and then he might lose to Revolver.
Jan 13, 2018 6:51 AM
Jan 2018
So it is possible that Spectre and Yusaku had already met at some in the past, but the real question (which was also mentioned in the preview of the next episode) is why Spectre has chosen to team up with Revolver...
Sep 8, 2019 11:22 PM

Dec 2012
Playmaker running.
Bloody Mary?
Sweet Devil?
SHOW MUST GO ON! Devilphinium!
5200 ATK?
He changed the location?
Sun Bloom Funeral?
Gains LP from all the Trickstars?
8800 LP!
Blue Angel side booty in the air. Also, she loses.
OH SHIT!!!! FACE PLANT WITH THE LEGS GOING BACK!! LMFAO!!!!
Dat ending.

LMFAO! This is the first time (aside from seeing my waifu Ema) that VRAINS actually entertained me. Dat face plant was savage and not just the face plant, they put her in the back bending position with her legs about to touch her head. That's how you know she got rekt badly. I don't even like Blue Angel so seeing her get owned is hilarious. Spectre trolled her ass.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 4, 2020 2:11 PM
Jul 2015
if only Aoi had a "Bad Reaction to Simochi" that would have been a win for sure
Mar 10, 9:29 PM
Jul 2021
Is it just me, or do the faces look wack this episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

27 by XanderBly »»
Feb 25, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

48 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 5:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

13 by denana1239 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 102 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

10 by StarlingBGYT »»
Jan 16, 2023 10:52 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

11 by vegeet »»
Jan 15, 2023 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.