Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2017 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think this episode was kinda interesting.

About time Ghost Girl finally challenged Playmaker to a duel. I think her play style is interesting with Altergeist theme. The intensity of this speed duel also captured both players' mentality pretty well. I'd say Emma has the advantage right now.

Stark700Aug 16, 2017 6:42 AM
Aug 16, 2017 4:21 AM
Aug 2017
READ IMPORTANT INFO

Aug 16, 2017 5:02 AM

Nov 2011
Look like they realize jumping into a portal is stupid waste of time and just summon the Link Marker now. Good job, new Director.

Its obvious Playmaker is gonna active a monster effect from his hand to avoid defeat and active his skill next turn.

Aug 16, 2017 5:34 AM

Feb 2013
She is a good duelist.
Lol, I loved the moment when they both agreed that AI is stupid.
Aug 16, 2017 6:02 AM

Aug 2015
"Hello Daddy long legs" and hello new director
As an Altergeist player,reallly liked the way Emma used her deck. And yay for cgi and new link animation
ChainekJanAug 16, 2017 6:08 AM
Aug 16, 2017 6:15 AM
Sep 2016
The new director start off with a bang. Great visual compared with most of previous episodes. Now, if they can keep the good storyline until the end, this anime has the potential to be very good.
Aug 16, 2017 6:17 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Ghost Girl is pretty strong, I love how both her and Yuusaku pick on Ignis. XD

Yuusaku's probably has some kind of plan to get him out of this pinch, quick play spell or something?
Also, "Ore no turn, Draw!"
Aug 16, 2017 6:31 AM

Oct 2014
Tbh, the new director kinda worries me, since apparently this is his first time being in the director's seat, and has no experience with toyetic shows like YGO, as opposed to the previous one. But at least the background for Speed Duels was improved and Link summoning sequence was shortened, so it is a decent start I guess.
Aug 16, 2017 6:59 AM
Aug 2015
New Link Summoning Animation was good! Good to see a change!
Aug 16, 2017 7:00 AM
Jun 2011
RayofVictory said:
Tbh, the new director kinda worries me, since apparently this is his first time being in the director's seat, and has no experience with toyetic shows like YGO, as opposed to the previous one. But at least the background for Speed Duels was improved and Link summoning sequence was shortened, so it is a decent start I guess.
actully he have a little expirience. so far he directed only one episode in some shows he been the animator
Aug 16, 2017 8:04 AM

Sep 2015
So recap episode to prepare new director?
Link Summon got cut and no more 1 full episode of plot and full duel

They mention about TV special for Playmaker on recap episode i just hope they don't remember Akira later
Into the Internet!
Aug 16, 2017 8:25 AM
Apr 2014
Last time I checked protagonists don't get one turn killed, Yusaku has an empty field and not much in the graveyard. Looks like it's Hand trap time.
Aug 16, 2017 8:54 AM
Sep 2012
An all right episode, I guess we might learn more about Emma, she is some what wrapped in mystery as someone who is neutral in everything. Well I am going to assume she is older than Yusaku, so she is going to have an experience advantage, and she is very cunning, but Yusaku has the skills and the main character shield so he will win, I am not worried. Question is will Emma keep her word after she loses.

So Akira been demoted, well he is lucky to still have a job, and introduced to a new character, I wonder is she just a one off, or might she be the Carly to Akira's Jack? Actually I think Mikage is a better comparison, we will see.

And lastly off screen was Ignis doing what I think he was with the robot, oh my really that is what we are doing? I am sure that won't make it to the dub.
blfanAug 16, 2017 8:57 AM
Aug 16, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2015
Just what all this THE DADDY LONG LEGS? can someone tell me or have screenshot about it?
Into the Internet!
Aug 16, 2017 12:29 PM
Jan 2013
Link VRAINS destroyed by Revolver's data storm as an indirect justification to change the background and Link Summoning animation results in a good episode, thank you!

Ignis is an example of how inverse Yugi-Yami/Yuma-Astral dynamic can be refreshing but annoying. He's fun outside of duel in a way but kinda useless and grating during it.

ZBlastHistory said:
Just what all this THE DADDY LONG LEGS? can someone tell me or have screenshot about it?

See the progra data Ghost Girl sent to a forum Kusanagi and Yusaku read. The title is The Daddy Long Legs.
Aug 16, 2017 3:20 PM

Dec 2016
At least Zaizen still have a job, I thought those chess pieces would get rid of him for good.

The new animations look really good, the new director is doing some good work, guess the change of director has been for the better so far.

Great duel so far, looking forward to watching more next time.
Aug 17, 2017 12:31 AM

May 2015
you know the funny thing about this, it will probably get censored or renamed in the dub because why not.

aside from that ghost girl is bea and that is all.
Aug 21, 2017 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
There was definitely a noticeable improvement in the art department this episode, there was just alot more movement and shading also a new background for speed duels is much appreciated, i love the dumb idea of dueling on hoverboards but until now it was just a boring straight path, i like that this duel had occasional moments of yusaku have to move out of the way of stuff and go up elevations.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 22, 2017 6:33 AM

Jul 2016
New director, eh? Well, this episode was pretty good, maybe this director will be better than the previous one.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Sep 17, 2017 5:11 PM

Aug 2014
Let me guess, the trap card Ghost Girl sent to the graveyard is a trap card that has an effect that activates in the graveyard?
Dec 16, 2017 10:42 PM

Sep 2015
ghost girl reminds me of Mai
Jan 21, 2018 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
Just catching up and I'm so glad I decided to check out the discussion group for this episode. The whole time I couldn't help but think that the art direction looked so much better than the previous episodes! "they're improving" is what I thought.

I hope with this new director, the animation is more innovative and fluid. Its been pretty decent so far, but not really up to par with prior iterations within the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise. Would love for it to follow in the path of the animation team at Dragon Ball Super (mediocre at first, but improved slowly until the show is considered to have top class animation... for a weekly anime that is lol). Other than that I feel like the story is going to pick up soon after this duel, so I'm excited for that.
Jun 8, 2019 10:50 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Damnnnnn son......I wonder what hand trap Playmaker got yo
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 23, 2019 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
Another episode with it starting with Ema perfection. Yes!
Akira got demoted.
You can't cut his salary.
lol at Hello Daddy Long Legs.
WTF Ai doing with the robot. lol
LMFAO at Ai and the robot running back when Yusaku was coming out.
Yusaku will duel Ghost Girl.
Into the VRAINS!
Into the VRAINS!
Ghost Girl booty.
Speed Duel! We're back to this speed duel shit.
Ghost Girl side booty.
Ghost Girl oppai.
Ghost Girl oppai.
LAWD! Ghost Girl oppai.
Dat ending.

So Hosoda is no longer director and has been replaced by Asano. New Link Summon animation which is better. An improvement.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2018

22 by CyanGear »»
Mar 10, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

27 by XanderBly »»
Feb 25, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

48 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 5:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

13 by denana1239 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 102 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

10 by StarlingBGYT »»
Jan 16, 2023 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.