Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 1, 2017 10:11 AM

Oct 2012
A few people seem to be mistaking Masaru (who'll be introduced next week) and Tazuna but eh whatever

Fight was decent, some of the animation looked really cool to me, and some other animation looked... uh yeah.
I also didn't quite understand the significance of Tazuna leading Dagger and Shadow up to the pagoda building and how that would affect anything, could someone elaborate?

Next episode seems like it'll be really interesting as possible development for Koyori. Finally!
gust11Feb 1, 2017 10:14 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 1, 2017 1:01 PM
Jan 2012
Did I miss something

They were all talking in the forest, and the Business duo started running towards them (while continuing the conversation for like 20 seconds)

Then the Protag guy started thinking things for another 20 ~ 30 seconds

and then it went to the business duo being near a bridge.

--------------

Sure the first duo could have been the illusion keeping protag duo occupied until real duo arrives but that still doesn't answer the question why did it take over 40 seconds to travel such a short distance

Business duo was sprinting towards Protag duo
Protag duo was stood still
40+ seconds....

(Time stamp 3:30)
ShadowcatukFeb 1, 2017 1:05 PM
Nyan!
Feb 1, 2017 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
EcchiLordMamster said:
venn2009 said:

But can you really blame those people for hating this show?

There's this thing called first impression, and once it sets in it's very hard to change it. This is the reason why, at least I believe, the first episode of a show is most important.

Personally, I like what I see in this show overall so far, despite its many problems, therefore I'm going to keep watching it. That being said, I almost ended up with same hateful opinion when I saw the first episode.

When I first watched it, I had no idea what the heck was happening on my screen, especially the first few minutes. The font was a mess, the animation was a mess, the backgrounds were too saturated, the colors were all over the place, and I couldn't tell where the characters were and what the heck they were doing. My eyes just felt like bleeding, lol.

However, I like to think that I can be a lenient (lolwut?) person, so I decided to give it another chance and re-watched it few more times. As my eyes adjusted, I finally realized what was going on. I actually agree with you that the show is actually not as bad as many people claim to be.

However, you can't expect such level of leniency from most other people. If something bothers them at the first meeting, it's bound to stay that way unless a miracle happens. Let's face it... no miracle happened with this show yet, and may never will.

are you honestly going to tell me that a fuck ton of people didn't give the show a low score just because they saw that lots of other ppl were doing it? -____-

True, there're band wagoners who just blindly hop on the hate train cause reasons, lol. Just a bunch of mindless sheep and lemmings, if you ask me.

However, there always will be people like that in every corner of society. I'm not saying that it's okay... but rather there's not much that anyone can really do about it. I say it's a waste of time and energy to try to deal with such group.

Besides, those band wagoners can go both ways. Sometimes they will jump on a "hype train" instead and over-evaluate things than deserved.

Plus, those mindless zombies need some sort of a catalyst, before they all jump on a bandwagon. So what or who are those catalyst? Could it possibly be many of the early adopters who did watch the first episode but hated it? I think so... but that brings things back to my previous post: can you really blame those people?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm actually on your side. I honestly like this show now, despite all its flaws. I'm glad that I decided to give the first episode a second chance and stick with it. Hopefully things only get better until the final episode... but we'll see.

Nonetheless, as I said before, you can't expect others to give the show the same kind of leniency as I did.

I understand that you don't like hate train. So do I. But you shouldn't let it get under your skin and into your head. Let's just enjoy the show for what it is, and leave it at that.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Feb 1, 2017 1:57 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
venn2009 said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

are you honestly going to tell me that a fuck ton of people didn't give the show a low score just because they saw that lots of other ppl were doing it? -____-

True, there're band wagoners who just blindly hop on the hate train cause reasons, lol. Just a bunch of mindless sheep and lemmings, if you ask me.

However, there always will be people like that in every corner of society. I'm not saying that it's okay... but rather there's not much that anyone can really do about it. I say it's a waste of time and energy to try to deal with such group.

Besides, those band wagoners can go both ways. Sometimes they will jump on a "hype train" instead and over-evaluate things than deserved.

Plus, those mindless zombies need some sort of a catalyst, before they all jump on a bandwagon. So what or who are those catalyst? Could it possibly be many of the early adopters who did watch the first episode but hated it? I think so... but that brings things back to my previous post: can you really blame those people?

Please don't get me wrong, I'm actually on your side. I honestly like this show now, despite all its flaws. I'm glad that I decided to give the first episode a second chance and stick with it. Hopefully things only get better until the final episode... but we'll see.

Nonetheless, as I said before, you can't expect others to give the show the same kind of leniency as I did.

I understand that you don't like hate train. So do I. But you shouldn't let it get under your skin and into your head. Let's just enjoy the show for what it is, and leave it at that.

wouldn't it be absolutely AWESOME if everyone shared this kind of mentality
Feb 1, 2017 3:42 PM
Jun 2016
Walowizard said:
88expert said:

Can you do any better??

Is he/she being paid to produce a 3D CG anime with a mixture of 2D too? If they aren't then it shouldn't matter if he can do better or not

Do you know how to read??
Feb 1, 2017 3:49 PM
Jun 2016
TuyNOM said:
88expert said:

But we finally got a valid reason why a character is an actual loli FOR ONCE.
Well at least they are better than the characters in most other anime that aired last year. Am I right?? Yuri on ice??

Is not that confusing. If you focus hard enough is actually very easy to understand.
Sure there will be some unanswer question since we only have 4 episodes out

The series isn't difficult to follow but the scenes are badly organized and the explanations are confused since the writers don't know themselves how their series will evolve. xD
What is Ziggurat? Why such a name? (It's pretentious)
Why do the characters confront each other? Have they a aim except the tower of Babel? Tazuna isn't interested in this battle. He just became a Hand Shaker by meeting Koyori randomly. (Because it's easier for writers)

Koyori is terribly boring and I find the explanation regarding her past is very imprecise and I don't expect anything exceptional, anyway.

Yes I prefer the characters from Yuri !! On Ice. At least they made me laugh (even if the humor of the series didn't interest me)

Zigurrat is a temple in somewhere in this world. It exists and also known as the tower of babel.
He met her just recently cause of Makihara sensei wanted them to be together as a hand shakers. Why Tazuna who knows?? Surely they'll explain in the series.

Koyori hasn't do or say anything yet. Remember she has been a comma for quite a while. So it make sense really...
Feb 1, 2017 4:29 PM

May 2015
Well, the action in this episode was surprisingly decent.

Feb 1, 2017 8:02 PM

Dec 2016
This show's battles just look like a super long OP. With random flashing colors and characters barely looking like they are trying.

This would make a better slice of life. Starring Chizuru and Hayate. They just need a few more jokes.
Feb 1, 2017 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
Another really bad episode and this time with no progress.(Yeah I watched this with 360p,haha)

This anime fight will be always predictable, the losers will be eliminated forever and MCs cant lose because the story will lost its meaning without their handshaking.

Meh, that shadow blade wish was really seriously abnormal! and why would that big guy would call her 'boss'? That make no sense.(at least they could have shown their past to show their reason for doing that~)

I admit that OSTs are beautiful is what as expect from Gohands.So no extra point should be add up for that.

The school senenary is always constantly showing up out of blue! Its so unnesseary! I dont get how that has connection with the story.[At least show us some other unique picture to display their 'master of arts', school pictures we already seen them a lot!]

Well so many complains from a average anime fan from me, well this anime should feel ashamed of this!

[Note from me: No matter how much we criticize, this anime will get popular and reach mal rating 5->6.50-7]
Feb 2, 2017 7:44 AM

May 2013
88expert said:
Walowizard said:

Is he/she being paid to produce a 3D CG anime with a mixture of 2D too? If they aren't then it shouldn't matter if he can do better or not

Do you? I'm having my doubts here.

Feb 2, 2017 7:57 AM
Jun 2016
Ventris said:
88expert said:

If you focus harder the series is not as bad as people say
Feb 2, 2017 8:03 AM
Jan 2015
I find this anime pretty good. I feel im the only one who enjoys it though.
Feb 2, 2017 2:22 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm using a feint eh
Chizuru is no stranger to combat it seems then

Ingenious way of rapidly vacating an area though for Tezuna lol
The scenery of nighttime japan though was beautiful here

Hmm Chizuro is a pretty smart thinker and adapts pretty fast eh.
The fight scenes between Chizuru and Tezuna though were pretty good
Its nice to see Tezuna find the conviction that he needed to fight though
And man he's certainly got better with his sword and powers

Hmm Tezuna has pretty good observational skills eh
Being able to figure out which one is the real one
Hmm Hayate pushing aside Chizuru to fight Tezuna and protect her as well
He really cares deeply for her eh

But in the end its nice to see that battle conclude without bloodshed
Chizuru and Hayate aren't killers anyway and aren't violent either
Defeating them doesn't mean killing them
its nice to see them apologize though after being told the reason for Tezuna's reasons.

Koyori though can be so cute and nice sometimes
Thats some high praise coming from Chizuru though
Lol Tezuna blushing because of her words

Lol Chizuru giving a stern lecture to Makihara about his laziness
lol Chizuru having to be restrained
lol chizuru is really conscious of her height eh

hmm holding hands a lot would definitely signify that you're a hand shaker though
hmm since Koyori's been asleep for so long its no wonder that Tezuna doesn't feel anything when they hold hands

Lol Chizuru is doing a better job explaining about hand shakers than the scientist but i guess its from her experience of being a hand shaker.
hmm so with this power they can challenge a hand shaker that they identified and drag them to the other dimension even when the other is not holding hands eh

Since Tezuna and Koyori have to hold hands they'll be singed out pretty easily
Or they could just act like a couple i guess lol
hmm thats real nice of Chizuru offering to be their guardians instead
Lol Chizuru pokes at Makihara's lack of support at every turn

So then Chizuru and Hayate are now Tezuna and Koyori's guardians then eh
its nice to see Tezuna and Koyori gain not just friends but allies as well
its nice that we get to see Chizuru's true feelings as well though
their bonds though are really strong
lol Hayate just bursting out in tears and nearly causing an accident
But their determination to not just to get stronger but also to help Tezuna and Koyori though is pretty nice to see

Hmm it seems that Koyori is starting to care for Tezuna then
even without saying anything her actions already say this
she really wants to protect him even if that meant causing her death eh

overall a pretty good episode
im glad that the fight between Tezuna and Koyori and Chizuru and Hayate came to a peaceful conclusion. It was nice to see Chizuru and Hayate being forgiven by Tezuna and that they are now allies having become their guardians instead. Chizuru's explanation though was pretty detailed and useful. It seems that Tezuna and Koyori has to fight every hand shaker eh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2017 5:56 PM

Dec 2012
That 360 degrees bird eye's view of the city almost made me dizzy and sick. Those camera angles really give me motion sickness. I actually like Chizuru and Hayate's relationship with each other but considering the anime and their "battle" being over, I don't think they will likely get any more development.
Also curious if there can be a same gender Hand Shakers couple.
allo
Feb 2, 2017 8:17 PM

Sep 2015
I have no problem with bad shows, but I have a problem with bad AND boring shows. And this episode was pretty boring.
I want more nonsense since this is a Trainwreck anyway.

You just lost the game
Feb 2, 2017 8:51 PM

Jul 2015
Can Hayate and Chizuru talk more please? They don't seem to be getting much lines whatsoever...

All jokes aside, I really like the OST, especially the song that was playing during the fight scene ^^

caught in the wonder
Feb 3, 2017 2:47 AM

May 2013
88expert said:
Ventris said:

Yet I think it's a huge bag of dicks with a nonsensical plot and horrible characters that looks like my little brother made it in the 90s with a PS1 engine.

Feb 3, 2017 5:42 AM
Jun 2016
Ventris said:
88expert said:

Yet I think it's a huge bag of dicks with a nonsensical plot and horrible characters that looks like my little brother made it in the 90s with a PS1 engine.

Good art/ animation=/= good anime
Ain't that right yuri on ice??
Feb 3, 2017 8:25 AM

Jan 2017
Oh my god! This episode battle is make me acceptable but I'm sorry that I don't like after battle because the art and story are just bored and very bad.

2/5 Stars
Feb 3, 2017 11:54 AM
Feb 2008
Well, I actually like this anime. And when I have seen a teaser for the next episode, I am curious what happen that Koyori ran away.
Feb 4, 2017 7:19 AM
Jun 2016
Cishet said:
I have no problem with bad shows, but I have a problem with bad AND boring shows. And this episode was pretty boring.
I want more nonsense since this is a Trainwreck anyway.

This anime is NOT as bad people say.
Hell they's a lot of explanation in this episode which is needed in the series as is a new concept. You can't action anime to have just action.
Feb 4, 2017 7:21 AM
Jun 2016
Chi_Ho_Lau said:
Oh my god! This episode battle is make me acceptable but I'm sorry that I don't like after battle because the art and story are just bored and very bad.

2/5 Stars

We need explanation of things. An action anime just can't have just action by itself. We also got character development for Chizuru, Hayate and Koyori if you miss out that
Feb 4, 2017 11:15 PM
Mar 2012
MozillaFennekin said:
I sure enjoyed the 15 minutes of Dagger and Other Dagger talking endlessly and making the same jokes they've been making for the last two or three episodes.

IDK what everyone's problem with this show is, that's A+ character development.

I find Dagger pair both annoying & funny, sorta odd combo. Chizuru isn't all idealistic world equality etc. She puts up a reliable guardian front for the kids, but cries & hope they explode when in the car. Sorryman still super bland tho.

The real characterization & possible dev is Koyori. Starting w/o memories/emotions, at the end she starts to care about this kid's safety & freedom, all without saying a word. Almost obvious she feels guilty for his wounds & unable to cycle freely. Well, hope she improves from damsel in distress.

Fight was ok, Masaru has some good thinking. How did they make great drawings, 2d bgs, vfx then mix with really poor cg? It doesn't mesh at all.
Infodump was very dry. Basically 3 rules on Ziggurat entrance.
pv seems pres is back, and some doppelganger pair?
Feb 6, 2017 2:21 PM
Dec 2016
The 3D gear animation is horrible, and also the battle.
Feb 9, 2017 5:22 PM

Oct 2008
Tazuna & Koyori won against Hayate & Chizuru.
Seems like Koyori wants to speak and say something to Tazuna.
next ep will introduce the boy partner of big boobed Riri.
3/5.

Feb 15, 2017 12:19 PM

Dec 2012
I liked this episode. It is not really good, but the story is still enjoyable to watch and a little original.

Tazuna's skills impressed me, he took good decisions during this match. I hope we will see again the "couple"
Feb 18, 2017 5:12 PM

Feb 2013
Koyori almost talked and loli-ninja wouldn't shut up. Oh well, the show still has a nice beat.
May 7, 2017 8:23 AM

Apr 2015
They're all fighting on the possibility God is watching and is going to grant their wishes. How stupid.

"So, what happened? Did we win?" You're lying on the ground defeated. What do you think?!

Koyori's only character development is that she pats people and likes parfait. Just let go of her hand and go back to a normal life, Tazuna!

Loli boss looks like a kid, haha, same joke on its eighty-fifth repeat.

"You can tell what your partner is thinking and feeling." Tazuna can't tell anything because Koyori is mentally braindead and should be put out of her misery.

"It's just not fair!" Except you clarified multiple times they won fair and square. Loli boss is a whiny little bitch.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 22, 2017 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
Something shounen shounen shounen something something shounen mmm gasp gasp mm
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 20, 2017 11:39 AM

Jan 2017
The enemies are not enemies anymore, instead they became their guardians lol
I didn't like at all the animation of the battle, It feels weird seeing that
Karasuno Fight!!!
Nov 29, 2017 8:17 PM

Feb 2015
Chizuru's clone ability was pretty cool. It was sweet of her and Hayate to volunteer to help Tazuna and Koyori despite being defeated and having to give up on their wish. I wonder why the doctor is leaving so much unsaid.

Jul 26, 2020 10:00 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Welp the result was anticlimactic by knowing Hayate and her boss just befriended with them. Its not suited at all after what happened from the previous matter. It just wrong, too generic labelled, and couldn't even said as a nice action resolution. I even felt dumb. But there it was, goddamned it. A dumb plot with very horrible script to be blame. Nothing much i can say rather just ashamed in the entire time.

Atleast the storyline had enough progression to moved on to another level of battle royal. Was that right? The next episode may reveal Koyori's doubt about her existencies. Intrigueing event for digging more onto her development of the characterization....
badabassJul 26, 2020 10:05 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 29, 2022 10:44 AM
Sep 2022
Watching this show is not only a test of your patience but it is a test of you physical fortitude. There is always so much unnecessary motion I feel like Im being punched in the face.
Jul 11, 2023 8:50 PM

Feb 2021
Absolutely hilarious episode. God this anime is bad lol
Aug 1, 2023 7:24 AM

Dec 2022
Tazuna is essentially fighting a 1 v 2 match every time, come to think of it. Koyori can push him out of the way of attacks sometimes, but I wonder if she will use some form of ability in the future.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.