Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 50 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2017 7:00 PM

May 2009
Nou-Tan said:
[] nooo
i mean why aren't those 74 challenges numbered? Like putting numbers on every challenge for ordering them
Likethe seveth challenge , to watch a Chinese or Korean anime , why don't they put "7" before the word " watch"
Sorry my bad english

but the challenges on the list with all 74 challenges are numbered?
Jan 23, 2017 7:10 PM

Nov 2015
I can't see any numbers here.... now I'm lost
Jan 23, 2017 7:49 PM

Sep 2014
#26. Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action:
#39. Watch an anime with adults as the main cast:
#41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human:
#43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field:
#44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth:

I need some recommendation for those categories. Also it would help if I could get maybe a few recs for each one, but you don't have to.
Jan 23, 2017 7:54 PM

Aug 2016
So for number 59"Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"
do I get the recommendation here? If yes could someone recommed me some

Set by SenpieX
Jan 23, 2017 8:16 PM

Mar 2012
Sazerlim said:
So for number 59"Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"
do I get the recommendation here? If yes could someone recommed me some

Black Lagoon --- Psycho Pass --- Kill la Kill
YanzatJan 23, 2017 8:20 PM

Jan 23, 2017 8:32 PM

Jul 2012
Nou-Tan said:
I can't see any numbers here.... now I'm lost

Yeah they appear for me here so it might be an issue on your end but i'm not sure what would cause it.
Jan 23, 2017 8:38 PM

Apr 2016
I pulled #59 for my bingo card. Anyone got any recommendations?

Also, does anyone know a good anime that begins with a U. I need one for #67, as you could probably tell.
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Jan 23, 2017 9:01 PM

Mar 2016
Butterstroke said:
I pulled #59 for my bingo card. Anyone got any recommendations?

Also, does anyone know a good anime that begins with a U. I need one for #67, as you could probably tell.
i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10162/Usagi_Drop
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32673/Udon_no_Kuni_no_Kiniro_Kemari

and these will work for 67 as well ^_^
Jan 23, 2017 9:15 PM

Sep 2015
Goku said:
#44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth:

I need some recommendation for those categories. Also it would help if I could get maybe a few recs for each one, but you don't have to.

These are all great shows that I don't think you have watched yet.

MarthxanderJan 23, 2017 9:21 PM
Jan 23, 2017 9:39 PM

Oct 2013
Wow, it's my first year doing this and I wish I did this all the other years I've been on MAL. I think I noticed the yearly challenge in 2015, but just didn't do 2016 out of laziness or forgetfulness. Just my luck, I started this in the year I plan to move away from anime and watch more movies/play more video games.

So anyway, I got #59, so a random recommendation is required. Please have mercy on me on though and rec something good and on the short side. Some suggestions for other categories I can't easily fill would be nice too:

#14) Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959
#15) Watch an anime tagged as Kids, Magic and/or Music (I would prefer a magic anime)
#30) Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga
#04) Watch a Music type anime
Tpfang56Jan 23, 2017 9:44 PM
Jan 23, 2017 9:52 PM

Apr 2016
Tpfang56 said:
Wow, it's my first year doing this and I wish I did this all the other years I've been on MAL. I think I noticed the yearly challenge in 2015, but just didn't do 2016 out of laziness or forgetfulness. Just my luck, I started this in the year I plan to move away from anime and watch more movies/play more video games.

So anyway, I got #59, so a random recommendation is required.
Time of Eve. 6 episodes ONA with each episode being 15mins. Also, watch the series. There would be a movie too but watch the series.
Tpfang56 said:
#15) Watch an anime tagged as Kids, Magic and/or Music
Sage of Tanya the Evil.
Tpfang56 said:
Your Lie in April. Definitely.

No idea about the other two.
Jan 23, 2017 10:08 PM

Sep 2014
Marthxander said:
Goku said:

These are all great shows that I don't think you have watched yet.

Thanks a lot! Those look like some pretty solid titles :)
Jan 23, 2017 10:09 PM

Oct 2013
TheElevenTails said:
Time of Eve. 6 episodes ONA with each episode being 15mins. Also, watch the series. There would be a movie too but watch the series.
Sage of Tanya the Evil.
Your Lie in April. Definitely.

No idea about the other two.

Thank you for the first recommendation, it looks really good and I've added it to my post. The other two I'll have to skip on though. I know I won't like them.
Jan 23, 2017 10:40 PM

Mar 2013
Can someone please recommend me an anime for #59? >.<

Let us dance
to this
twisted rhythm
Jan 23, 2017 10:57 PM

Apr 2016
burnsama said:
Same anime I recommended the person before. Time of Eve.
Jan 23, 2017 11:07 PM

Apr 2013
burnsama said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18119/Servant_x_Service
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19703/Kyousou_Giga_TV
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25835/Shirobako
Tpfang56 said:

So anyway, I got #59, so a random recommendation is required. Please have mercy on me on though and rec something good and on the short side. Some suggestions for other categories I can't easily fill would be nice too:

#14) Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959
#15) Watch an anime tagged as Kids, Magic and/or Music (I would prefer a magic anime)
#30) Watch an anime adapted from a Web Manga, Digital Manga or 4-koma Manga

#15 https://myanimelist.net/anime/29803/Overlord or https://myanimelist.net/anime/21843/Shingeki_no_Bahamut__Genesis
#30 https://myanimelist.net/anime/18119/Servant_x_Service/
Jan 24, 2017 1:10 AM

Feb 2015

Just finished watching this last night for my music anime... God I wish I'd watched Hibike Euphonium or something, because:

ElliiJan 24, 2017 1:14 AM
Jan 24, 2017 1:46 AM

Jul 2012
Ellii said:

Just finished watching this last night for my music anime... God I wish I'd watched Hibike Euphonium or something, because:

Although it's a bit late, that's not a Music Type anime, that's an anime with Music as a genre. So it can work for challenge 58 but not challenge 4.
Jan 24, 2017 1:57 AM

Feb 2015
GamerDLM said:
Ellii said:

Although it's a bit late, that's not a Music Type anime, that's an anime with Music as a genre. So it can work for challenge 58 but not challenge 4.

That's fine I have 58 too. Do you have a recommendation for 04?
Jan 24, 2017 2:00 AM

Jul 2012
Ellii said:
GamerDLM said:

4 is pretty easy since you just have to find a music video. The common go to since it didn't release too long ago is Shelter
Jan 24, 2017 2:01 AM

Jan 2014
Hi @AWC_mod : I wanted to say that I changed my MAL name (originally Ermidokan, now Ara).

Here is my 2017 challenge

Reinhard von Lohengramm : "Constellations of stars that I am seeing for the first time... you are all only allowed to exist as objects for my conquest and rule. Just wait. "

Yang Wen-Li : Neither terrorism nor occultism have ever impacted history in any constructive way.

Ernst von Eisenach : Checkmate.
Jan 24, 2017 2:03 AM

Feb 2015
GamerDLM said:
Ellii said:

4 is pretty easy since you just have to find a music video. The common go to since it didn't release too long ago is Shelter

If only I'd known sooner, I could have avoided the pain and suffering that show caused until later in the year.

Thanks!
Jan 24, 2017 2:45 AM

Jan 2016
Hi guys, it's my first time entering this challenge, so I hope I won't burn out in the end :p

Now, for #59, does anyone have good recommendations based on my list? If possible I'd like to explore the shojo/josei side because that's super lacking at the moment!
Also, I'm really unsure of which is good for #7, since I have absolutely NO knowledge of shows from that side of the world, lol
takoShinjiJan 24, 2017 2:53 AM
Jan 24, 2017 2:50 AM

Aug 2013
After all this talk about Music Anime and Music only as an genre got me more than lost (That what happens when you're self taught English and doesn't go beyond the basics because you are a lazy person .-. )

Can some one help with "4- Watch a Music type anime " by recommending something that is really fit for the challenge and is a TV anime? (12-28 episodes if possible )

takoShinji said:
Hi guys, it's my first time entering this challenge, so I hope I won't burn out in the end :p
Now, for #59, does anyone have good recommendations based on my list? If possible I'd like to explore the shojo/josei side because that's super lacking at the moment!

Highly recommend you Kimi ni Todoke and Lovely★Complex. If you want something shorter for the challenge Ao Haru Ride
jhoson14Jan 24, 2017 2:55 AM
Jan 24, 2017 2:54 AM

Jan 2016
jhoson14 said:
After all this talk about Music Anime and Music only as an genre got me more than lost (That what happens when you're self taught English and doesn't go beyond the basics because you are a lazy person .-. )

Can some one help with "4- Watch a Music type anime " by recommending something that is really fit for the challenge and is a TV anime? (12-28 episodes if possible )
Hibike! Euphonium. Enjoy the classical music, yuri bait, and that oh-so-beautiful animation.
Jan 24, 2017 3:01 AM

Aug 2013
takoShinji said:
Hibike! Euphonium. Enjoy the classical music, yuri bait, and that oh-so-beautiful animation.

Have been putting it aside for some time. Since it really counts for the challenge; its time for some yuri baiting!! (sadly I got spoiled about season, still pissed about it ).

Something I remember clearly about Hibike was the gifs with freaking amazing animation (and goddamn yuri at that =x + good art )

Will be using this for the challenge ^^ ( Ty for the rec).
Jan 24, 2017 3:04 AM

Jan 2013
jhoson14 said:
takoShinji said:

Have been putting it aside for some time. Since it really counts for the challenge; its time for some yuri baiting!! (sadly I got spoiled about season, still pissed about it ).

Something I remember clearly about Hibike was the gifs with freaking amazing animation (and goddamn yuri at that =x + good art )

That's not a music "type" anime.
There's a difference between the music type and music genre.

The anime you mentioned is a music genre.
Shelter is a music type anime.
Jan 24, 2017 3:06 AM

Apr 2011
takoShinji said:
jhoson14 said:

Again, that is not a music-type, that has music for a genre. There are no music-type anime of more than one episode and therefore this particular option is excluded from the 'TV-types only' restriction, but possibly the longest is Interstella5555: The 5tory of The 5ecret 5tar 5ystem.
Lestat-Jan 24, 2017 3:12 AM

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 24, 2017 3:11 AM

Dec 2014
Nou-Tan said:

Alright thanks *-* I started getting it , but does that mean for example if I get challenge number 7 that I have to watch korean or chinese anime ? I must watch it to complete the challenge? ( even though I hate non-Japanese animes )

I recommend this one. It's a film so it won't take you long to watch, and I myself didn't find out it wasn't Japanese until months after I'd watched it. It feels like a traditional classic anime film so I didn't know the difference:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2141/Oseam

PrOxAnto said:

Now I'm curious. What's the difference?
AnnaSartinJan 24, 2017 3:15 AM
Jan 24, 2017 3:19 AM

Jan 2016
PrOxAnto said:
jhoson14 said:

Lestat- said:
takoShinji said:

Again, that is not a music-type, that has music for a genre. There are no music-type anime of more than one episode and therefore this particular option is excluded from the 'TV-types only' restriction, but possibly the longest is Interstella5555: The 5tory of The 5ecret 5tar 5ystem.
Ugh, this is so confusing :S Now I have to scrap my own anime from the list too!
Jan 24, 2017 3:20 AM

Apr 2011

For those unawares of what they should be looking for. (@takoShinji, @AnnaSartin, @jhoson14)
Lestat-Jan 24, 2017 3:38 AM

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

Jan 24, 2017 3:23 AM

Jan 2016
AnnaSartin said:
Nou-Tan said:

Alright thanks *-* I started getting it , but does that mean for example if I get challenge number 7 that I have to watch korean or chinese anime ? I must watch it to complete the challenge? ( even though I hate non-Japanese animes )

I recommend this one. It's a film so it won't take you long to watch, and I myself didn't find out it wasn't Japanese until months after I'd watched it. It feels like a traditional classic anime film so I didn't know the difference:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2141/Oseam

Ah the reviews seem good to check out for #7. Thanks!
Jan 24, 2017 3:36 AM

Aug 2013
After fidgeting with Mal search found that there's an Music Search option in "type category".

I want to hug the person who did the search function xD

My problem was the mindset "Going with Master of TV for the Challenge. So only 1 episode wont count!!".

So if my crap English is right, number 4 counts as "TV types only restriction (unless otherwise stated in the item). Since the Type is Music and not TV.

Crap, now my brain kind of jump started .-.

(now I have a excuse to stop being lazy and finally see Shelter =x ).

@takoShinji will be using Hibiki for another challenge ^^.

jhoson14Jan 24, 2017 3:43 AM
Jan 24, 2017 3:48 AM

Jan 2016
jhoson14 said:

takoShinji said:

Highly recommend you Kimi ni Todoke and Lovely★Complex. If you want something shorter for the challenge Ao Haru Ride
After going through the three recommendations, I'll go with Kimi ni Todoke, since it's already in my PTW list. Thanks a lot!
Jan 24, 2017 4:08 AM

May 2014
@AWC_mod Sorry, could anybody help me with this? I have to do challenge 73, but I don't have an "on-hold" list or a "dropped" list. What should I do for this challenge?
AlvenzoJan 24, 2017 4:27 AM
Jan 24, 2017 4:10 AM

Feb 2015
PrOxAnto said:
jhoson14 said:

This is why this challenge is great, I've now watched the short but beautiful Shelter and yesterday I'd never even heard of it
Jan 24, 2017 4:20 AM

Feb 2010
Lestat- said:
takoShinji said:

There are some with more than 1 episode (for example https://myanimelist.net/anime/30903/Children_Record) but they can't be TV-Type by default since the Type has to be music.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 24, 2017 4:26 AM

Apr 2011
alvenzo95 said:
Sorry, could anybody help me with this? I have to do challenge 73, but I don't have an "on-hold" list or a "dropped" list. What should I do for this challenge?

Watch two or three episodes from an anime, leave it on hold for a couple of months, and then finish it. This counts for the challenge.

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

Jan 24, 2017 4:55 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Could anybody help me with this: Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or above #601
Would an anime with the rank #1403 work for the challenge?
Jan 24, 2017 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
Ellii said:
PrOxAnto said:

This is why this challenge is great, I've now watched the short but beautiful Shelter and yesterday I'd never even heard of it

Glad I could help you!

Yuki-Chan276 said:
Could anybody help me with this: Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or above #601

Correct, that's above #601 - (Dont worry, many people get confused by it)
But just think about the 8.0 or better score challenge, then this challenge would be basically exactly the same since 8.0 starts around rank 600.
Jan 24, 2017 5:03 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Yuki-Chan276 said:

Correct, that's above #601 - (Don't worry, many people get confused by it)
But just think about the 8.0 or better score challenge, then this challenge would be basically exactly the same since 8.0 starts around rank 600.

@prOxAnto Thank you, I will watch Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai then
Jan 24, 2017 5:06 AM
May 2015
can anyone recommend me something for #59? thanks
Jan 24, 2017 5:08 AM

Oct 2012
FanteHS said:

Read Or Die

https://myanimelist.net/anime/208/ROD_OVA

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 24, 2017 5:30 AM
May 2015
OffColfax said:
FanteHS said:

Read Or Die

can it be an oav series or does it have to be a tv series?
Jan 24, 2017 5:33 AM

Oct 2012
FanteHS said:
OffColfax said:

Read Or Die

can it be an oav series or does it have to be a tv series?

Unless you're going for the TV Only restriction, it can be anything.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 24, 2017 5:55 AM
Sep 2013
Hey there. Terribly stuck with this challenge.

Could I have some recommendations for
59: an anime that someone recommended to you, and
62: an anime that hasn't been reviewed yet.

Thanks guys
Jan 24, 2017 6:11 AM

Dec 2014
CptColon said:

Thanks guys

I recommend the Buddha film which is very good :
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7014/Tezuka_Osamu_no_Buddha__Akai_Sabaku_yo_Utsukushiku

And the equally good sequel has no reviews I think:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20969/Tezuka_Osamu_no_Buddha__Owarinaki_Tabi
Jan 24, 2017 6:11 AM

Apr 2012
CptColon said:

Thanks guys

I'd recommend for you Gakkou Gurashi (which is a kind of dark subversion of the Slice of Life/School anime genre), since you gave Madoka Magika (dark subversion of Magical Girl genre) a high score…

If you haven't heard from it, i really recommend watching the first episode without reading anything about that anime, not even checking out the description in the MAL entry for the anime, it makes the ep 1 plot twist a lot better trust me!

And for #62… idk, just look for some relatively unknown anime? a lot of ONA and movies haven't been reviewed i think…. or just check out other challengers' entries and see if anyone has completed that challenge and use that same anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2017 6:28 AM

Jan 2017
Please don't double post, just edit your last reply
@Nou-Tan https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=2350#msg49426819

erm Seems you guys are confused or didn't read the explanation for this particular item
(I know that some of those that I will mention already got this cleared up, just adding anyone that contributed in case you see someone else confused)

#04. Watch a Music type anime - something like these ones here

@TheElevenTails @Tpfang56 @Ellii @jhoson14 @takoShinji @AnnaSartin

GamerDLM said:
Ellii said:

Lestat- said:

For those unawares of what they should be looking for.

So something like this is Music Type
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34240
https://myanimelist.net/anime/731

But something like this is just "tagged as music" (#58)
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23273/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27989/Hibike_Euphonium

Ara said:
Hi @AWC_mod : I wanted to say that I changed my MAL name (originally Ermidokan, now Ara).
Here is my 2017 challenge

That's okay. Do let me know if this happens after I add you to the Users that Completed the Challenge list

Lestat- said:
alvenzo95 said:
Sorry, could anybody help me with this? I have to do challenge 73, but I don't have an "on-hold" list or a "dropped" list. What should I do for this challenge?

Watch two or three episodes from an anime, leave it on hold for a couple of months, and then finish it. This counts for the challenge.

@alvenzo95 that's your answer. Doing that counts as on-hold. Alternatively you can use the one you have been watching the longest from your Watching list (started over three months ago and that you can finish it this year). For example K-On!! or Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon SuperS
AWC_modJan 24, 2017 6:52 AM
Jan 24, 2017 7:01 AM

Jul 2012
I'm looking for something for the challenge 36. Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"
I don't even get where you can see that :/
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 50 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

53 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
5 seconds ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

17 by Shipfan66 »»
2 minutes ago

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 5 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

23 by epidemia78 »»
13 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by epidemia78 »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.