Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
May 5, 2018 6:10 PM

May 2017
What.

uhh. I don't know..

This ending was definitely different from what i had anticipated. First of all the start of the Episode. I hate when Animes/Tv Shows do this. They throw you into the episode nowhere even near where the last episode ended and you get this feeling "am i watching the wrong fucking episode? did i skip an episode my accident?" They did that the last 3 episodes if i remember correctly. They of course explain later in the episode that it was a time leap and what exactly was going on, but i just hate that. It's so not necessary.

Anyways moving on. Really not a big fan of how the final scene played out. I must say that i liked the idea of nero and angelo just not end up killing each other and continue living with their sorrow and pain. After all they did build up a bond. Angelo even said at the end "I didn't kill you because i didn't want to" But the way the final scene played out with an open ending like that? not a big fan. This show pretty much build up from the first episode, so for me personally i wanna see exactly how this ends, i don't wanna leave it to my imagination thats not the point of a story for me.

Story 6.5/10

I enjoyed this story. Watching Angelo playing his revenge game, decieving everyone around him was thrilling. But why do i only give the story a 6.5? Execution is a major point. I thought the story started out good but the execution wasn't really the best. I didn't empathize as much as i should have when Angelo's family got killed. I liked how they killed of Corteo it was a good move plot wise but execution wise? i don't know, it didn't do as much for me as it should have. I get emotional quick but i wasn't really touched by this major death. The execution could have been much better and much more emotional. Same goes for the ending but i already mentioned that above.
I loved the campfire scene between Nero and Angelo in the last episode when we saw angelo crying and shouting at nero. In the end his revenge really was pointless. I remember a scene where someone told Angelo that he won't feel any better after his revenge but i forgot who fuck my life. Well that guy was right.

Characters 7/10

Angelo is for sure a good and interesting character same goes with Nero. I don't know about the rest though. The rest sure played it's role but were they really significant to the show? I feel like the show would have been less interesting if it was without nero.. Are there any other characters that influenced the story like these two? Not in my opinion. Of course they both are the main characters of the show and i understand that the story revolves around those two but still. Characters like Fango, Frate or even Vanno should have had more impact. But having a vast fledged-out character cast in a show with 12 episodes is really hard i must say. (btw i really liked Vanno i was shocked when he died, probably my favorite moment of the show)

Sound 6/10

The OST does its thing but i never really had goosebumps or felt touched by the score. Music is something so important in movies, tv shows or animes. It emphasizes the mood so strongly. One of the most important things in Anime for me. The Score wasn't bad but it wasn't anything outstanding for me. The opening was neat, i think that's the same singer that did the tokyo ghoul opening right? His voice does sound very familiar.

Animation 6.5/10

It hurts me to rate the animation so low. I'm an animation enthusiast, though not the most experienced one but i definitely know a thing or two about animation.
The animation in the action scenes was pretty nice most of the time. That doesn't say much though because this anime didn't really have that much action to begin with. The Anime went off-model a lot of times and the art was inconsistent. The background was looking awful at times lol i wonder if that was an artistic choice or if they were just straight up bad. Fluidity in movement was lacking at times but overall the animation did its job, i never felt like i lost immersion because of terrible animation or anything.

Enjoyment 7/10

It was an enjoyable ride. I never felt bored which is a key point when watching something. I really wished the execution would have been better in this anime.. Many major scenes were not handled correctly in my opinion.

Overall 6/10. It would have been a 7/10 or maybe even 8/10 if the execution was handled better.
shayed__May 5, 2018 6:23 PM
May 12, 2018 2:19 AM
May 2018
spoiler:

so this is what i found out. In the end of the episode, he did get shot. if you go back to the scene where he wakes up in the house of galassia, you can see he was wrapped around with a bandage. also, when nero was driving back after shooting him, a car drove pass him, meaning the guy saved him and brought him back to galassia. its 5 am my explaining is bad but i hope you guys understand what im saying
May 23, 2018 4:26 PM

Feb 2015
angelo died. welp, it wasn't as if he has anything else to do with his life. it was to be expected.
-------
Bushishi said:
I'm speechless. For the first time since seeing him as a child, Angelo cried. Genuinely. In the end, there wasn't any point to his revenge, because nothing was left.

yes. that actually moved me tbh.

it's a 6, although i am jumping back and forth between a 9 due to people's interpretations.
Aug 16, 2018 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
"Everything I've done is pointless." Said by the dying Vincent and Avilio after his revenge.I guess Nero would've understood this himself, and judging by the way Nero smiled in the car he probably didn't kill Avilio.
By this time it didn't matter whether Avilio is alive or not, but by killing him it wouldn't enhance Nero's mood either…
The waves wiping out the footprints are also alluring to the theme that whatever they tried to do would be pointless.

To be honest, Nero is one of the innocent ones throughout the entire event.

Would Nero be able to kill the boy now? I would say yes, but at the same time Avilio isn't the boy from 7 years ago anymore.
Dec 3, 2018 10:26 AM

Jun 2012
Im actually pretty satisfied with this ending and the routes both Angelo and Nero chose to take. Just wish we got some explanation behind Neros smile at the end.
Jan 26, 2019 8:35 PM
Apr 2016
Honestly, shit ending... would have been great if Avilio lived, yet Nero had to kill him... Ahh, heck this, unsatisfying ending...
Feb 25, 2019 11:37 AM
Feb 2019
We are shown Angelo's real intentions: Not only killing to fullfil his revenge, but also crashing down(mentally) the people who were involved in his family's death and the ones around them, making sure they could experience the pain he suffered. Angelo was an empty shell with no other goals in life, he knew that to accomplish his revenge he needed to sacrifice his life. In the end, dying was the best for him.
patiy_li_yangApr 16, 2019 2:29 PM
Mar 10, 2019 7:06 PM
Mar 2019
Angelo definitely was shot and killed by Nero. Nero is then hunted down by the Galassia goons when driving away and killed as well. While smiling down at the canned food, he probably was reminiscing about the good times he spent with Angelo.
Main character got what he wanted in the end although in a rather depressing way.
8/10 series for me.
Apr 29, 2019 3:39 PM
May 2015
Yeah that's gotta be an 8/10 from me alright
May 27, 2019 4:20 AM
Dec 2018
Tyrel said:
I'm assuming he lived. Just like how he couldn't shoot him back when he was a child, he couldn't shoot him now despite what he's done for revenge. That's my take on the ending.

Prob one of the better shows this summer season. 8/10 overall, but the ending was so very open.

The waves can mean many things at the end. But I think it signifies washing away the existence that they were ever there (Footprints).
I 100% agree,nero doesn't have the nerves to kill anyone he's attached to. No blood or body and forward facing footprints are further proof of that.
Jun 4, 2019 3:30 PM
Jun 2014
7/10 for me. I like their development and open ending. Original animes are few and far between but this feels like a successful risk. It seems to complete pretty much the series wanted to do. I was beginning to lost interested in the middle part of the series (episodes 6-8) but after that slog, we pick right back up to what made the series great - the relationships and Angelo's plans being developed as a character. The ending is probably going to be divisive for a lot of people but I do like the ending and how it all ties everything together.
Jun 16, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2010
I love the ending. It felt everything had closure. Angelo got his revenge by destroying the whole Vanetti family. Nero got his revenge as well by finishing what he couldn't do 7 years ago, but he'll live the rest of his life on the run from the mafia, a fate worst than death.

Overall I like the anime, even though it kinda slowed down in the middle. I love the 1920s era and everything about the mafia.
Jun 19, 2019 6:32 AM

Jan 2018
It's quite an ambiguous ending. It's really up to the viewers if Angelo really died or not.

Nevertheless, it's a good show. I also didn't expected for it to be an original anime.

8/10
Jul 1, 2019 2:56 AM

Jan 2016
not a great ending tbh. I think there should've been a fight and they both kill each other. That would've been a better ending. Don't think it ruins the show tho, because all the other episodes were good.

8/10
Jul 22, 2019 4:53 PM

Feb 2017
The ending is so ambiguous, just like Cowboy Bebop and Madoka Magica, unfortunately. Overall, it a was a great episode. It was nice to see the turn of events, seeing Nero keeping the kid alive for awhile. I see that dying at the ocean is a fitting ending, but you never know, the kid might be still alive. Though I preferably would've liked it go down the "both-nero-and-the-kid-dies" kind of way, the open-ending makes it all the more interesting and satisfying. This series was a okay for me though, not a masterpiece, but just a nice watch.

『時間は限られています。時間は貴重です。今それを住んでいます。』

Jul 22, 2019 4:58 PM

Aug 2013
Well, in terms of mafia even Baccano! was better somehow (oh, I know, it's all about music in 91 Days which is too simplistic and forgettable), it's strange that in 17+ anime we didn't get clear killings in cold blooded style in start of anime but then closer to end anime became more brutal for some reason.

Ending: Nero's smile in the end of episode and food can are most important elements of proof that Angelo is alive since Nero couldn't smile so positively and couldn't be so sentimental if he just killed a main reason of it a minute ago. In fact pick of confrontation was in the forest so this is then and only then Nero could kill Angelo, after Angelo blamed Nero in everything it was clear that Nero forgiven Angelo.
Also steps on a beach which were washed off by sea waves are very symbolic since Angelo was erased from his old life since revenge is over and he started a new life (I bet in Florida) also Nero drove back in hurry so his tail will move for him personally and Angelo is totally free.
And one more thing, Nero lost his nerve when his father just before a death said "everything was in vain" and Nero lost his patience once again when Angelo said the same thing about his revenge results - "everything was in vain", so technically killing of Angelo for Nero would be nothing better than "everything was in vain" once again since Nero should kill Angelo 7 years ago but killing him now is totally worthless. So I don't understand all these claims of others that Angelo is dead, there are too many ways to kill a character when everyone clearly sees this but instead we got a sentimental final where Nero and Angelo killed the only one thing - their relations, this is the only reason of positive vibes in the end.
LawgunJul 22, 2019 5:08 PM
Aug 7, 2019 7:36 AM
Dec 2017
The Funimation dub of this series was great. I like how the Italian accents gave the world more authenticity.

In my opinion, this wasn't an open ending. Angelo is dead, Nero shot him in the back of the head. And I'm good with that. When Angelo unnecessary killed Volpe, then killed Corteo, I knew it would end with Angelo himself being killed.

Fango was the best character. He was a real gangster.

I enjoyed this series a lot. We don't get a lot of chances to see anime like this. Score 8/10
Sep 17, 2019 11:56 AM

Sep 2019
okurinn said:
I didn't see a body or any blood.. so they either both lived or both died. interesting.
the both lived. You can just watch 91 days special to confirm it. Well I guess you already did tho.
Dec 3, 2019 3:14 AM
Oct 2019
Avichii said:
okurinn said:
I didn't see a body or any blood.. so they either both lived or both died. interesting.
the both lived. You can just watch 91 days special to confirm it. Well I guess you already did tho.

wasn't that just a flashback though? I mean corteo was still alive in that scene.

I think they both died, bodies and blood got washed away in the ocean.
Dec 27, 2019 12:46 PM

May 2018
Now that was a strange ending
Jan 22, 2020 6:23 AM

Dec 2018
Angelo doesn't want to kill Nero while Nero couldn't kill Angelo.

There's 3 possibility why Angelo doesn't want to kill Nero:
1) He wants Nero to suffer.
2) He accepts Nero as his friend .
3) He just doesn't care anymore about Nero's existence.

Did Nero shoot Angelo ? I believe Nero can only shoot someone as a self-defense action. 2 example for this: Testa & Frate. This could be 1 one of the reasons why he need Angelo to kill Corteo. But human is not a robot, human changes. And maybe he can shoot if he thinks it as a request from his friend.

I guess I'll just think positive this time and believe the good ending. After all Angelo has gone through a lot, but he wants to die, so I guess both ending is a win-win ending for him. As for Nero there's a good and bad ending.

If it's the good ending:

Why they blurred Nero ? Red herring. This show likes to trick its viewers.

What's up with that guy that suspect Nero's car? Probably just an old relative of Nero, a good relative of course.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 20, 2020 5:10 PM

Sep 2018
just finished watching 91 days and honestly? i'm pretty impressed. i love shows with mafia theme and shows that are more realistic than the others. the last 3 episodes were a rollercoaster of emotions and i wasn't ready to suffer this much.
i enjoyed watching 91 days, but i wish it was longer...
plus i didn't like the ending. did nero shoot angelo, or did he miss? is angelo dead or alive? why was nero blurred and who is that guy in a car?
open endings are a total turn off, since i'd rather be told clearly. i remember when i was at the same level of confusion when banana fish ended...

overall, this was a pretty good series. even if the ending wasn't satisfying, i'm giving it 10 out of 10.
Apr 2, 2020 1:11 AM
Apr 2017
I really loved the ending of this anime. I didn’t expect an anime about vengeance to end like this. I personally think that Nero killed Angelo as a way to make up for not killing him 7 years ago. Because of Nero’s mercy, Angelo suffered so much. The footprint scene eludes to Nero getting killed soon after too. He’s being hunted down by the mafia there’s no way they would just forget about him and let Nero live.
Apr 4, 2020 5:47 AM
Aug 2018
Okay, that was a great but I preferred a clear ending.

Them arguing at the bonfire gives the feels.
"You should have killed me that time" though I cant remember if it is the exact words of avilio. And he is crying!!!

Am I the only one that thinks Avilio is cute and hot at the same time? Its like he is only visual in the whole series.

Btw, is this the same ending with the manga?
Apr 21, 2020 6:38 AM
Apr 2019
The ending somewhat wasn't satisfying......
Apr 27, 2020 12:24 PM
Mar 2020
can I just say, for what its worth, the open ending was kind of annoying but I see it as Nero was finally able to kill the boy that he was not able to kill in the past. he was finally able to put Angelo's suffering to rest. Nero coming back from the beach and looking at the pineapple can then smiling, can clearly state that he shot Angelo and his job is finally done.
May 2, 2020 3:15 PM

Dec 2015
I'm not a big fan of open endings, but it's okay. 8/10 for this anime, could be 9/10 if it had better animation.
May 27, 2020 6:32 AM

Feb 2018
:sniff: good duo, i like that you can interprete the ending
May 29, 2020 10:37 AM

Jun 2019
I'm salty when it comes to open ending ;__;
Jun 11, 2020 10:40 PM
Apr 2018
I love the ending :3 I expected a gun fight but this is better in my opinion, because they confront the root of the problem: revenge, human emotion.

And I think Nero didn't shoot Avilio. He ain't that type of man, plus he said 'live doesn't need reason, you just living' something like that.

Also in Japanese, there's a phrase 足を洗う (ashi o arau, to wipe one's foot), means to clear all the dark past and live a new life, won't do the same crime again (usually used for yakuza). Maybe the last scene about their footage being wiped away by beach means they're starting a new life.
I'm giving this anime 9/10.
Jun 16, 2020 1:13 AM

Jun 2015
I am guessing that Nero killed Avilio since he told him that night against the tree 'if you would have done you job , this wouldn't have happened' so now Nero finished his job or something, I am not sure but I think so
Jun 23, 2020 8:49 PM
Jun 2020
Esse ultimo de longe, sem duvidas, foi o que mais mexeu comigo e me deixou triste
Jul 11, 2020 2:23 PM

Jun 2017
I really enjoyed watching this. I'm not sure how I feel about the open ending though. I feel so bad for Angelo though, his family was taken from him (including Corteo) and he still felt empty after getting revenge.
Jul 26, 2020 10:44 AM

Dec 2010
Wish there was a season 2. Shit was good.
Aug 2, 2020 1:07 PM

Jun 2020
Holy shit whyyyyy not this pls Nero was supposed to find Avilio a reason to live, not shoot him? Plus the smug look on nero's face wtf??
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 6, 2020 4:57 PM
Aug 2020
soooooooo, i think it had a fair ending
but I low-key think Nero missed the shot at Avilio jut like he missed it 7 years ago..
Aug 17, 2020 6:42 AM

Oct 2018
I think Nero killed Angelo. He finished the job he should've done 7 years prior. It all comes full circle. The reason they both go on the trip is to give Nero the resolve to finally pull the trigger. No blood and body can be explained with it being washed by the sea. Why do y'all think he pick the beach in the 1st place? Angelo had no reason to live. He said it himself. Nero though still has his sister so he still has something to live for
deoclasher88Aug 17, 2020 6:47 AM
~Spiritual Healing~

Aug 25, 2020 6:09 AM

Jun 2019
It doesn't matter they both live or died because both Angelo and Nero has loose everything they had..
Aug 26, 2020 2:55 PM
Apr 2019
so who was the guy in the car ? I didn't recognise him
Sep 4, 2020 4:58 PM
Sep 2020
Angelo said see you soon when he shot corteo... he also said it was all for nothing and told Nero he left him alive for a purpose which I’m certain was for him to be the last one standing to put Angelo out of his misery.
Sep 7, 2020 4:37 AM
Nov 2014
ReddayeSocks said:
I like to think that Avilio turned into the canned food at the end in the passengers seat.

this right here is my favourite theory XD
Oct 30, 2020 1:30 PM
Jan 2020
I'm not really sure about the open ending, but the overalls are one of the great stories

Mang_DavidOct 30, 2020 1:33 PM
Nov 3, 2020 1:11 PM

Mar 2019
"i thought that once i had my revenge and made my family's killers pay, i would find a reason to live again. but there was nothing left. it was all for nothing."

wow holy shit the emotions between nero and angelo in this episode.

"you don't need a reason to live. you just live."

open ending. did nero shoot avilio and then the galassio guy recognised nero and killed him?

or did avilio live and that's why nero is smiling? wtf.. what do the footsteps washing away symbolise? that their existence has washed away? that there's no real meaning to everything that happened?

i can honestly say this anime screwed with my emotions. wasn't expecting that ending at all. 8/10.
Nov 8, 2020 8:09 PM
May 2020
Tbh i was kind of disappointed with the ending, I really wanted Avilio to kill Nero but that didnt happen
Nov 16, 2020 10:39 PM
Aug 2017
Hey does anyone know the title of the ost that plays when the credits roll?
Jan 26, 2021 6:12 AM

Dec 2017
a very emotional episode. angelo wanted nero to kill him along with his family, so that he didnt have to live alone for all these years with no reason to live. man i can imagine that nero and angelo would have been great friends if his family never died. it was probably angelo's plan all along, to let nero live, so that he could experience what he had, to live alone without ur love ones. tho ngl i wanted to angelo to live and kill nero like a badass but its still a good ending nevertheless.

Mar 6, 2021 8:55 PM

Jul 2013
quannguy25 said:
spoiler:

so this is what i found out. In the end of the episode, he did get shot. if you go back to the scene where he wakes up in the house of galassia, you can see he was wrapped around with a bandage. also, when nero was driving back after shooting him, a car drove pass him, meaning the guy saved him and brought him back to galassia. its 5 am my explaining is bad but i hope you guys understand what im saying

rewatching that episode I can't help but agree. good catch like the middle where he dreams of the ocean before waking up, but he's never seen the ocean until he got shot
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 7, 2021 10:51 AM

Oct 2020
Sad it ended and completed. First time saw a story ended. From Angelo's side the story is completed. Nothing left. Just contentment nothing else. Angelo lived quite a life. I am happy that when he died there was nothing left to do for him. Nero other side, I don't think he have something too. I thought they will live each other watching in pain. But this time Nero didn't missed. Living was for him always. And Angelo is free now.
Mar 10, 2021 12:33 AM
Dec 2019
I didn't watch anything related to mafia and stuffs before. Today I finished watching this series. And I gotta say I really enjoyed it. Though the ending wasn't what I was expecting. Did Nero Really killed Angelo or not? I can't rest assured now because his body wasn't shown nor his blood. I think Nero didn't kill Angelo or maybe they parted their ways like that way. Such a cliffhanger. Still it was thrilling.

8.5/10 from me.
Mar 17, 2021 4:01 PM

Feb 2020
Story had a slightly poor character introduction at the beginning, but story itself was good. my biggest problem is the ending. I hoping it take kill them all ending. but I was disappointed nero and that new don straga survived. Everyone dying would have been better. Atleast nero should have died. It was kind of pointless vengeance, the only guy hero killed out of the 4 people was that vanno guy. uncle was killed by new don and daddy Vincent died own his own and nero is alive and can rebuild Vanetti family. angelo couldn't fulfil his revenge (opposite of what story tried to show), no wonder he didn't get any satisfaction.

overall, story was a enjoyable ride with a disappointing ending. (Yeah, i get what they did there - nero couldn't pull the trigger back then, but now he pulled the trigger. But the problem here is nero is not the protagonist of this story, so it pointless to give nero's feelings conclusion. That's a big misfire of ending right there. Its a anime original not wonder its like that)
AdampkMar 17, 2021 4:08 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.