Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Mar 13, 2020 9:41 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
OMG that ending with the arm!
May 31, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2016
Could it be that Elsa chick followed them back to the mansion and kills everyone around 5 days after they arrive? :o
Jun 15, 2020 11:44 PM

Apr 2020
Ah Shit Here we go again, I was screaming in my mind, dont sleep DONT SLEEP, but gotta restart now
--AbiSa--
Jul 8, 2020 5:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Was that Lisa on the silhouette?
Subaru died again was unexpected incident in the end after his will got sharpened but ended away in shame like that. Its his fate, poor you for not accomplished his second promises. The fifth died, how long i could survived counting his death? Lmao.

Okay. Rem and Ram appearance got highly appreciated on this one. Especially with Rem's one million volt tempted smile. Still, their intentions kept blurred off by the way this show had to directed. Like Beti, Rem, and Ram, even Emillia. So, lets just skipped the unnecessary and jump up to another episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 17, 2020 1:40 PM
Oct 2019
Guess he *was* killed the previous episode. Poisoned (?) and then hacked up. Yikes.

The red twin and the mansion owner are obvious suspects. Are we even sure their memories were reset? But maybe it's the disemboweler? She found him perhaps.

That whole thing running errands with blue twin was weird though. *shrug*

If not for the cliffhanger at the end of seemingly every episode, this series really isn't that good.
Sep 26, 2020 12:31 PM

Oct 2013
Watching Subaru trying to cope with the time loop was entertaining and full of funny scenes and gags, but that ending... I didn't expect him to die in such bloody circumstances. :( I wonder who or what killed him.
Oct 8, 2020 3:14 AM

Jul 2020
Woah that ending was brutal
Nov 9, 2020 6:28 AM

Jun 2020
I loooooooove the ED

Omfg that after credits scene was gnarly. Poor Subaru.

Also will they ever address why he isekai-ed here or........ is that just going to be conveniently ignored because he seems pretty unbothered by it aside from a few passing comedic remarks lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 9, 2020 7:17 AM
May 2017
ribbonaffair said:
I loooooooove the ED

Omfg that after credits scene was gnarly. Poor Subaru.

Also will they ever address why he isekai-ed here or........ is that just going to be conveniently ignored because he seems pretty unbothered by it aside from a few passing comedic remarks lol

it's gonna be addressed, but it's gonna be a while before you find out
Feb 12, 2021 9:49 AM

Jan 2018
omg that ending was freaking brutal, I feel bad man
Feb 27, 2021 3:56 PM

Feb 2019
Man, vaguely knowing who killed him after the ED kinda hurts..
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 26, 2021 7:55 AM

May 2020
"So it's like none of it ever happened?" Imagine spending times and bonding for almost a week then all those moments and progress are just gone, being Subaru is suffering.

Some people misunderstand the scene between Subaru and Beatrice in the beginning, she doesn't know he can reset it's just that Subaru's new checkpoint is a few hours after he first met Beatrice.

Subaru attempts to retrace the steps he took in the last loop, but what makes Re:Zero different from other time travel/time loop anime is that doing the same thing each time won't end up at the same place in the end as shown here in this episode when Rem ended up being suspicious of him constantly.

Holy shit Roswaal fanservice, completely forgot about this, glad I did forget but now... Get this off my mind!!

Subaru learning to read and write the world's language, Re:Zero actually puts in effort in being different and has it's own written language.

"My sister is one thing but no one would be happy to see me dress up."
"Does my looking the same as my sister inconvenience you somehow?" neat foreshadowing.

Rem is pretty sus of Subaru, anybody probably would get pretty suspicious of him.

Subaru is really good with kids!

We got to see a lot of Rem's side in this loop, I feel that's what makes the RbD mechanic in Re:Zero good, through different loops Subaru can explore different sides of the cast.

Rem really thinks of herself as inferior to Ram despite seemingly being better than her in everything.

Demonically inspired! More great characterization for Rem, I used to not really like Rem that much but rewatching this made me like her a bit more tbh.

That ending... wtf... I remember this gruesome death but that eyeball in the end...
Jul 5, 2021 7:32 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
The lord of that mansion creeps me out

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Nov 21, 2021 12:23 AM

Jan 2021
I don’t think someone from the mansion is killing Subaru but if it is it’s probably the lord or it could be him ordering Rem or Ram to do it for him
Jan 2, 2022 3:31 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Why do I have a very bad feeling about this?
Jul 10, 2022 3:22 PM

Feb 2018
A wholesome episoed until.. the end that is. Poor Subaru can't have a peaceful episode huh?
Aug 25, 2022 3:12 PM

May 2022
I felt so bad for Subaru in this episode, his promise with Emilia's date was lost. it's good that he doesn't want to give up, and he can still follow the same plot by doing everything he did previously to get to that point. it was nice to see Rem warm up to Subaru a little, but that's also gone cause that ending got sad and dark. Subaru deserves better.
Aug 31, 2022 3:28 AM
Jul 2022
amzaing, as allways
Sep 17, 2022 8:33 PM

May 2021
This is getting more interesting. Great episode
Oct 9, 2022 5:10 PM

Aug 2021
damn... i thought he was finally able to make it back to his promise to emilia and then the post credit scene happened which will be followed by a new loop i expect
Nov 3, 2022 12:50 AM

Apr 2021
He started over again. This time there were slight changes in the past. But man, the ending was crazy. Talk about brutal. Guess he's back to square one now.
Feb 2, 2023 11:19 PM
Feb 2021
brutal subaru's kinda weird still though
Jul 26, 2023 1:41 AM

Dec 2022
What in the ever was that after credits, like does Subaru have to constantly suffer like this over and over again holy hell. But i assume it can get worse than this if dying is supposed to be normal for him later on in the story. Although Roswaal still a bit sus and a weirdo at that.

Aug 22, 2023 5:56 AM
Jan 2023
Another good episode, it seems Subaru did get killed, that explains him getting reset at the end of the last episode.

Subaru asked Emilia out on a date, but managed to get himself attacked and probably killed during the night.

That ending was pretty gross, that's really the only issue I have with the episode tbh.

Right now, I'm questioning how Beatrice can remember Subaru and his actions even though those events never happened in that timeline. There is more to her magic than we're being told here.
Oct 1, 2023 2:56 AM
Sep 2023
amazeing ebisode
Oct 31, 2023 2:47 PM
Oct 2023
pretty good cant see who killed our Subaru and what he will do to deal with it
Nov 14, 2023 3:57 PM

Aug 2023
Story: 7/10
Visual: 7/10
Detailed: 6/10
Characters: 7/10
Emotions: 8/10
Smoothness: 6/10
OP/ED: -/10
Audio: 8/10
Originals: 6/10
Intense: 4/10
Uniqueness: 6/10
Fun/Laughter: 6/10
NSFW: 3/10
Boring: 5/10

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Nov 24, 2023 10:48 AM

Dec 2022
I've been indifferent to this anime for the most part so far, but Subaru's deaths are always hilarious. There's probably a montage of them on YouTube.

Wonder how long it's going to take him to realise you can't trust anyone, because even the life of a hermit isn't looking too unappealing at this point, and it's not like he has too much reason to be attached to Emilia either, which would be the only legitimate reason to acquaint himself with people in a mansion where he's clearly unsafe. Every time he dies, he rightfully starts contemplating and asking himself questions for all of a single scene, but then drops his guard near immediately after, which isn't going to get him anywhere.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 15, 2023 7:35 AM

Nov 2023
Goddamn, if I were Subaru I would have already accepted the fact that I get sent back in time whenever I get killed.
Dec 28, 2023 6:34 PM
Jul 2017
fake deep plot, theyre again hinting at cool shit but nothing comes of it

Apr 15, 1:57 PM
Jan 2024
The plot thickens further..now who is it that insists on assassinating Subura while he's in the mansion, hmm..
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Apr 2024
This episode throws Subaru into a whirlwind, but is it driven by a well-oiled plot, or teenage angst filled melodrama? And then there's plot holes galore.

Rem forgets, via overused trope of convenient amnesia, crucial details about the curse, despite seemingly remembering everything else. This amnesia feels like a failed attempt to create a dramatic reveal for Subaru later.

He recklessly and impulsively charges into the mansion despite having died multiple times in similar situations. This lack of strategic thinking stretches believability.

The curse's limitations on information sharing are never fully explained, a clear gap in the logic of the curse. Why can Rem warn Subaru about the curse itself, but not the specifics of the attacker? A shoddy writing to be sure.

Subaru spends a good chunk of the episode wallowing in self-deprecation. While his situation is tough, this constant whining and self-pity gets tiring.

He externalizes all the blame for his predicament on Rem and Emilia, failing to take responsibility for his own actions.

Confessing his love to Emilia in the heat of the moment, despite barely knowing her, reeks of teenage impulsiveness rather than genuine affection.

The episode prioritizes Subaru's emotional turmoil over a cohesive plot. While his teenage angst is somewhat understandable, they overshadow the actual mystery and create plot conveniences to fuel the drama.

Maybe it's possible to look at this episode as showcasing Subaru's lowest point, but his emotional immaturity is a character flaw that is getting impossible to overcome. Future episodes could show him learning from his mistakes and developing a more strategic approach, but with this show’s writing that is unlikely.

Episode 5 is a turning point for Subaru, but the heavy emphasis on his emotional outbursts and the convenient plot elements resulted in a disappointing series thus far. Depiction of tiring teenage angst and frustrating immaturity makes this eminently droppable.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Apr 25, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.