Forum Settings
Forums

Men, do you feel offended when women give you feminine compliments such as "pretty", "cute", or "beautiful"?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 19, 2015 2:27 AM

Jun 2014
jambutters said:
WickedHeroine said:

Don't deny the cute. Squishes your cheeks. Accept the cute.

Iol I just don't think I deserve the compliments when girls tell me that stuff :p.

What about guys- you're cute <3

Aug 2015
Some people says I'm cute, but I just reply:
I'm manly! >O<

Jan 2010
jambutters said:
WickedHeroine said:

Don't deny the cute. Squishes your cheeks. Accept the cute.

Iol I just don't think I deserve the compliments when girls tell me that stuff :p.

Accept it!! FLAUNT THAT SHIT. If someone says it, then you deserve it bruh
Oct 19, 2015 2:28 AM
Jul 2012
Waffly said:
I'm manly! >O<

Saying you're manly and then making that face is more cute than manly, friend.
Oct 19, 2015 2:29 AM

Jun 2014
traed said:

Beautiful - Not sure. Id have trouble believing her.

why do you say that? o:
Oct 19, 2015 2:30 AM

Jan 2015
Offended is a strong word.. maybe more like annoyed?

I mean being pretty is no mans job after all, thats for girls and make up

No man gives a crap about that
Oct 19, 2015 2:31 AM

Mar 2014
idgaf, fam.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 2018
pufonD said:

Jan 2015
I aim to be the most beautiful man in the world.
Oct 19, 2015 2:32 AM

Dec 2014
WickedHeroine said:
jambutters said:

Accept it!! FLAUNT THAT SHIT. If someone says it, then you deserve it bruh

rofl, usually I know how to get out of the situation asap tho. By saying things like,
"You know who else is cute? That guy over there, Omg. I would just gobble him up nom nom." And then they would stop while being confused whether I'm gay or not while giving their thoughts on that guy.
Is this where you live?

Jun 2014
pufonD said:

you dont care about being attractive?
Jul 2018
ToastofJustice said:

You will not win as long as I draw breath!
Oct 19, 2015 2:33 AM

Jan 2015
pufonD said:

Awww, that's so cute ><
Oct 19, 2015 2:33 AM

Aug 2015
Anna said:
Waffly said:
I'm manly! >O<

Pff~ How come someone who loves John Cena, isn't a manly waffle!? >~<
Your concept of cute is weird!
Oct 19, 2015 2:35 AM

Mar 2014
The real question is: How much trust is to their statement?
~Oscar
[/i]
Oct 19, 2015 2:35 AM

Jan 2015
Mischievous said:
ToastofJustice said:

You will not win as long as I draw breath!

Nor will you, as long as my heart still beats.
Oct 19, 2015 2:36 AM

Jan 2015
Dawn said:
pufonD said:

fam thats a pu**io thing, spending your time to get your little pretty face ready.. wut?

a man should build a house, plant a tree, and have a son.
Oct 19, 2015 2:37 AM

Jun 2014
pufonD said:
Dawn said:

fam thats a pu**io thing, spending your time to get your little pretty face ready.. wut?

In my opinion a guy who knows how to take care of himself and is stylish is much more attractive than one who can plants a tree and build a house. It doesnt make them a pu**io whatever that even means.
Oct 19, 2015 2:38 AM

Jun 2014
I don't really care tbh.

Jul 2012
pu**io

wtf is this?
puchio?
punnio?
wat

pufonD said:
ohmigod
oh my
god

Mar 2008
Dawn said:
traed said:

Beautiful - Not sure. Id have trouble believing her.

why do you say that? o:
Low esteem.
Oct 19, 2015 2:39 AM
Jul 2012
Waffly said:
Anna said:

You should just accept it and adjust your lifestyle accordingly~
Oct 19, 2015 2:39 AM
Jul 2018
pufonD said:
Dawn said:

Fuck you,I will have three sons and a daughter and I am going to plant flowers.
Oct 19, 2015 2:40 AM

Jun 2014
traed said:
Dawn said:

why do you say that? o:
Low esteem.
I know how you feel.

Jan 2010
pufonD said:

idk planting a tree seems pretty cute to me

Aug 2015
Anna said:
Waffly said:

You should just accept it and adjust your lifestyle accordingly~

Damn you, human. =-=
Oct 19, 2015 2:43 AM

Aug 2009
>tfw no one ever gave you feminine compliments

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 19, 2015 2:43 AM

Mar 2008
Dawn said:
traed said:
Low esteem.
I know how you feel.
Somehow that made me almost tear up...and I dont know why ;-;
Oct 19, 2015 2:44 AM

Jan 2015
Dawn said:
pufonD said:

In my opinion a guy who knows how to take care of himself and is stylish is much more attractive than one who can plants a tree and build a house. It doesnt make them a pu**io whatever that even means.
ToastofJustice said:
pufonD said:

I'm a very beautiful man and I get much more ladies than the ugly conservatives.

That is the point... 'a man who gets all the ladies', sorry mate I got one lady and that is all I need. From real life experience, all the 'pretty boys' who spend more time dressing up than learning, ended up as scummy bastards with their women dramas in cocaine fueled parties, oh and with a shitty grade too.

Yeah and forget about hollywood crap where you see Tom Cruise rolling, it's nothing like that
Oct 19, 2015 2:44 AM

Mar 2014
battosai-01 said:
>tfw no one ever gave you feminine compliments

I'm with you on this one. But I'm not sad. I'm just too manly and awesome for them.
~Oscar
[/i]
Oct 19, 2015 2:45 AM

Jan 2015
mayukachan said:
Because beautiful is a term to call someone who has a great personality + appealing looks. It's like a "bam ur perfect" compliment, rather than just "u look nice"
Now that I've been thinking about it, I think she meant pretty, not beautiful. I got confused because we don't use exactly the same words in Spanish.
Oct 19, 2015 2:46 AM

Dec 2014
traed said:
Dawn said:

why do you say that? o:
Low esteem.

Is this where you live?

Oct 19, 2015 2:48 AM

Jan 2015
[/quote]
ToastofJustice said:
pufonD said:

I'm a very beautiful man and I get much more ladies than the ugly conservatives.
pufonD said:

That is the point... 'a man who gets all the ladies', sorry mate I got one lady and that is all I need. From real life experience, all the 'pretty boys' who spend more time dressing up than learning, ended up as scummy bastards with their women dramas in cocaine fueled parties, oh and with a shitty grade too.

Yeah and forget about hollywood crap where you see Tom Cruise rolling, it's nothing like that

But I get straight As without even trying.

Also, who do you think gets the better grades here; the person who uses an acceptable amount of grammar or the one that does not?

Anyway, I was joking.

I am a pretty boy though. But I didn't chose to look this feminine.
Status_EffectOct 19, 2015 2:54 AM
Oct 19, 2015 2:49 AM

Jun 2014
pufonD said:

it's not just about getting ladies, it's putting value on taking care of yourself and your physical appearance instead of not doing so because you put so much value on some kind of outdated idea of "masculinity".
DawnOct 19, 2015 2:55 AM
Oct 19, 2015 2:56 AM

Dec 2014
pufonD said:

Tell me about it.... I usually don't mind if they don't complain about me bringing nothing new in terms of fashion on the table. But quite a few talk shit and it gets annoying.
Is this where you live?

Oct 19, 2015 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
Onii-chan is super kawaii desu ne
Oct 19, 2015 3:03 AM

Jan 2015
Dawn said:
pufonD said:

it's not just about getting ladies, it's putting value on taking care of yourself and your physical appearance instead of just putting value on some kind of outdated idea of "masculinity".

It's not about masculinity. It's about what matters and what doesn't. People don't understand the consequences of their actions and only at the end they see the light when they go through all of it. Thats why you get wiser with the age.

I cared about being 'good looking' when I was 16/18. Yeah great, you'd get stuff like 'I love your eyes' but all of this made me fail my A levels because the concentration was elsewhere. Being 'pretty' is hardly going to get you anywhere as a man, this substance doesn't last long, it's not going to get you far thus it should not matter for a man if he want's to be happy unless he is the sort of person who lives every day like it is his last day.

ToastofJustice said:
But I get straight As without even trying.

Also, who do you think gets the better grades here; the person who uses an acceptable amount of grammar or the one that does not?

Anyway, I was joking.

I am a pretty boy though. But I didn't chose to look this feminine.

I'm not worried about my grammar, the last time i spend learning a language was 8 years ago (I studied arts after that).

Well, good, but don't let it get into your head. Trust me, if you have natural looks and you spend your time into something that is going to make you something, you'll be way way more happier
pufonDOct 19, 2015 3:07 AM
Oct 19, 2015 3:18 AM

Jun 2014
and how exactly are being able to build a house or plant a tree important to a man in this day and age. Being able to take care of yourself helps in things as simple as getting a job, people are more inclined to hire someone who takes care of themselves. Someone who doesnt care at all usually just seems like they let themselves go and it's not like it even becomes something that takes over your life. You dont have to make yourself look like a movie actor, but not caring about your physical appearance in the slightest? that seems a bit ridiculous.
Oct 19, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2011
I'm not any of those things, so I wouldn't know.

(ಥ﹏ಥ)
Oct 19, 2015 3:29 AM

Jan 2015
Fintan said:

(ಥ﹏ಥ)
You're really beautiful, my friend.
Oct 19, 2015 3:30 AM

Jan 2015
I like when they call me cute
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Oct 19, 2015 3:32 AM

Jan 2015
Dawn said:
and how exactly are being able to build a house or plant a tree important to a man in this day and age. Being able to take care of yourself helps in things as simple as getting a job, people are more inclined to hire someone who takes care of themselves. Someone who doesnt care at all usually just seems like they let themselves go and it's not like it even becomes something that takes over your life. You dont have to make yourself look like a movie actor, but not caring about your physical appearance in the slightest? that seems a bit ridiculous.

build a house, plant a tree, have a son is a good proverb

By building a house, the young man has taken up the step to live independently from the house of his parents, that is to say, taken the steps not to depend on his parents’ cooking and money, but create his own livelihood and generate his own means of subsistence. He has to leave the parents’ house to create his own world, his own domain, his own house, and to accomplish this important step is definitively one of the first signs of maturity, of becoming an adult man.

The day I left the house of my parents was in a very profound way the very day I was embarking of my own path, on my own journey toward becoming a man, making my own mistakes, figuring things out through my own experiences and through my own thinking. It was also the very process necessary of ownership of the house which I was building (my own life). I had earned it, it was mine, though my own sweat, my own thinking, my own tears and joys.

Planting a tree illustrated the need for contributing to society and our community. A man can provide for himself but his sense of responsibility leads him also to an understanding of his role in society. We are part of that greater world beyond ourselves, we are part of a society, and to be a man means to fulfil our role in our environment by contributing to it in a positive and constructive way.

Raising a son (or a daughter, of course) is about leaving something behind. It is about fulfilling one’s role in the family context, it is about doing the hard work, day in and day out, which will ultimately establish whether or not you have left a positive mark in this word, if you have left something behind.

^^ That is, if your interested to read (it's not mine).

While about a job... Well, usually you've got CV's talking most of the time instead of looks, writing down:

'cut expenditure by 30% by providing a personal research on employees habits' or 'won a contract competition of $1m for my company' (all of this takes lots of time)

instead of

'I'm good looking (but obviously most likely I will not be after 30)'

will give you a big advantage of getting that job.

Of course, you must be a complete fool to go to an interview with a track suit instead of a work suit, but then again - thats something natural - like cutting your nails.

Jun 2014
Remv_quevav said:

Jan 2015
Dawn said:
Remv_quevav said:
oh no
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Oct 19, 2015 3:34 AM

Apr 2011
Clockwerk said:
Fintan said:

(ಥ﹏ಥ)
You're really beautiful, my friend.

Now that I can comment... I have to agree it does kind of take away from my manliness....

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
Oct 19, 2015 3:36 AM
Dec 2010
Makes me happy. A compliment is a compliment. Been called cute a few times, it feels good :)
Oct 19, 2015 3:40 AM

May 2015
"Cute" often means you're also sexually unattractive. That can be a bummer.

Other than that, no, I'm flattered. I don't care how I fit the masculine role anyway.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 19, 2015 4:10 AM
May 2015
My 3 year old daughter calls me "pretty" all the time. This is fine, I'm a pretty little flower and all that.

However, if an adult woman were to call me pretty, I won't lie, I would be kind of taken back - possibly questioning whether she was taking the piss.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Oct 19, 2015 4:20 AM

Apr 2015
I'm a girl and I wouldn't really be comfortable calling a guy "pretty" or "cute" unless he's my close friend and I'm joking around. "Beautiful" however, applies to both genders imo.
Oct 19, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
No, but I find it very confusing.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» do you like the fandom of your fave musical artists ??

ame - Apr 17

21 by ST63LTH »»
3 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Apr 19

27 by ST63LTH »»
4 minutes ago

» Have you committed animal sacrifices?

vasipi4946 - Dec 14, 2022

29 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
8 minutes ago

» what makes a forum signature catch your eyes?

707supremacist - 8 minutes ago

0 by 707supremacist »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it ok if your partner has a best friend (bestie) of the opposite sex?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 20

25 by ST63LTH »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.