Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2015 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
No I think Aogiri has some objective that Kaneki agrees with. Well, it was revealed that Kaneki knew why Touka's brother was in Aogiri, so I'm assuming he agrees that Touka's brother is doing the right thing.
Jan 8, 2015 1:50 PM

Jan 2015
Snaita said:
AnimeFan500 said:
The Mangaka wanted this to be the original story line then?

Nope, at least by my logic it doesn't make sense. This is the original draft, he may wanted to put this, but if it's not in the manga, it must been it has been rejected by editors, etc... and ultimatly by him in end.

But that doesn't mean that it was bad; just not direction he ended up going in.

Honestly, if this season was 24 eps they could've made the Aogiri Raid arc wrap up two episodes instead of one. That way, we may have gotten some sort of convo between Kaneki and Tatara, or Eto, that convinces Kaneki to join their group.

Even if this story is great, the rushed pacing due to the 12 ep limit could very well ruin what could've been an awesome season.
Oct 2012
hnngg the ending art.
To me, it felt like the real last episode of the first season lol..
I liked it, but Kaneki's fighting was so.. shounen? dunno how to describe it but it felt weird since he never really fought in the first season before getting white hair.

Well this is different from the manga so its gonna be a new experience for me.

Aug 2014
No censorship? Check.
1080p? Check.
Improved animation and art? Check.
No delays? Check.
Better pacing? CHECK.
I loved the first episode. From the mess that S1 was, this went over my expectations. I re-read the Aogiri arc last night and now compared it to this, considering how S1 was rushed and how S2 is a new original story they almost didn't skip anything from the manga parts. I don't think if Studio Pierrot would've followed the manga it'd be less of a mess like S1, this way it gives them more headroom for work. The OP is beautiful, sensual and fitting. I think I heard Ishida say how he talked with people to pick the right OP and ED. I am pretty sure it was also his doing on the OP side, so respect that. I would really like to know the name of the song that plays before the ED rolls. The ED itself was really great and the illustrations made my Ishida were amazing. One thing I noticed was there was a part where they used CGI CCG soldiers, which ruined the immersion for me. Everything else was great.
Jan 8, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2014
Mallony said:
What the hell is going on?

People complaining how the OP sucks (I am as well)
Kaneki22 said:

Zeally said:
wtf why is he joining the bad duudes

read the manga to find out

Wait, what?
^What Olem said.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 8, 2015 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
The OP wasn't that bad, but the video was shit.

As for the episode itself, I'm not sure what to think. Beautifully animated as ever, but them going for an original route with this season........I'm not sure what to think of that, as it may quite quickly turn into crap, that does not follow the canon conflicts after this battle.

Unfortunately, they skipped the beating that Kaneki was supposed to deliver to Ayato (then again it would have been way too brutal).

I like Tokyo Ghoul a lot, but I'm not gonna be making any high expectations of this original route......
Jan 8, 2015 1:57 PM
Sep 2014
Does anybody know the ost, before the ED song ? :) its nice
Jan 8, 2015 2:10 PM
Apr 2013
Absolutely trash-tier, is not even funny. I hoped they learned from from the previous one, but no...they even skipped the "bone" scene.

I had hope, is all gone now. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

Dropped, will just keep reading the manga.
Jan 8, 2015 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
The anime came back, but the first episode seemed to me a final episode, could have ended in this way the another season
Well, I hope the plot continues exciting ..
Jan 8, 2015 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
I had NO idea they were going an original route. I'm disappointed we won't see all the great moments from the manga (at least in their true context), but it doesn't seem bad.

Good episode overall. The opening's not amazing, but I don't think it's bad at all and I can appreciate the unique direction it seems to take. The rest of the soundtrack seems like it's way better though.

I'm looking forward to where the season is going
Jan 8, 2015 2:34 PM

Jun 2011
Not bad. I have mixed feelings about this though. It's certainly not what I expected.

Wonder how Kaneki is going to put up with that bitch Ayato from now on. Srsly, joining aogiri. What for? To protect sb??

Was that pic with the song supposed to be the op video?? >.>
Jan 8, 2015 2:37 PM

Apr 2011
The scene on the manga where Kaneki tortures Ayato is missing :'(

What the heck? He is joing Aogiri? So this have an original story than the manga well that's better because he manga's ending was so vague.
hellogarryJan 8, 2015 2:48 PM
Jan 8, 2015 2:41 PM

Dec 2014
I wish they included Kaneki's torture session before Noro appeared. I know it's suppose to be original content, but I was still hoping for it. I mean it was one of the best moments in the manga.

Otherwise, I loved the episode. Strong start for a sequel.
Jan 8, 2015 2:43 PM

Aug 2013
Sad they didnt have the full Kaneki vs Ayato "fight" from the manga, but they are changing it up quite a bit it seems and thats awesome since manga is a piece of shit after this arc

Apr 2014
Minimal censoring. This is good.

Too bad we had to trade it for a sucky OP

Sep 2012
Well, the OP is terrible.
And why the hell they didn't follow the manga? The manga is amazing the way it is, Kaneki joining Aogiri makes no sense. Well, I'll keep watching, but it disappointed me.

hellogarry said:
The scene on the manga where Kaneki tortures Ayato is missing :'(

I missed this scene too!!!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 8, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2013
They skipped the best scene
Jan 8, 2015 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
Season 1 ends, hype was over 9000

Saw the OP, cut in half

Filler plot, ground zero

Jan 8, 2015 2:52 PM

Nov 2013
Kikusui said:
Seems like it's gonna take a completely different turn compared to the manga. I'm gonna stop looking at this as the manga, and rather look at it as an original story. That might be a good way for me to enjoy it.
Yeah you probably should. So that way I don't have to see these absolutely atrocious score curves due to people bitching about scenes skipped from the manga.

Not defending this anime or anything. I just find all the people complaining about skipped scenes annoying.

Still, the score curve is not as bad as Akame ga Kill's last 5 or so episodes due to it going the anime only route.

VanishingKira said:
Just started the episode but wow the OP was just as bad as I heard.
I need to hear this OP just to see if it really is as terrible as everyone's saying it is.

I was planning on waiting till the Blurays came out to watch this though I may change my mind
FunnyRatmanJan 8, 2015 2:59 PM

Jan 8, 2015 2:53 PM

Nov 2012
Lol,just started the episode but wow the OP was just as bad as I heard.
Jan 8, 2015 2:53 PM

May 2014
One needs to transform into Dante to get that strong.
Jan 8, 2015 2:57 PM

Jan 2011
ChaoticSilence said:
Kikusui said:
Seems like it's gonna take a completely different turn compared to the manga. I'm gonna stop looking at this as the manga, and rather look at it as an original story. That might be a good way for me to enjoy it.
Yeah you probably should. So that way I don't have to see these absolutely atrocious score curves due to people bitching about scenes skipped from the manga.

Still, the score curve is not as bad as Akame ga Kill's last 5 or so episodes due to it going the anime only route.

+1

Tell your manga peers. Every other post having "after reading in the manga...", "in the manga...", "the manga...", "the part in the manga....", "they didn't show this from the manga". Enough. Seriously. How people put this particular show under the microscope is getting increasingly annoying. It's not an epic to begin with.
IZEROIIJan 8, 2015 3:04 PM
Jan 8, 2015 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
I ship this train-wreck/hype of the year to hell, I'm 99% sure how this going to end parallel to Akame ga kill.

The OP sucks, there's a lot of things out of the point and the plot twist won't help too much.

Tokyo Ghoul has a lot of potential to be one great series but instead they choose this garbage.
Jan 8, 2015 3:03 PM

Aug 2014
ChaoticSilence said:
Kikusui said:

Not defending this anime or anything. I just find all the people complaining about skipped scenes annoying.

VanishingKira said:
Just started the episode but wow the OP was just as bad as I heard.
I need to hear this OP just to see if it really is as terrible as everyone's saying it is.

I was planning on waiting till the Blurays came out to watch this though I may change my mind

Exactly. The manga is one of my favorites, and I am completly okay with how they went differently. Since the new original story is written by Ishida this should be great, I always wanted to know what would happen if he really did take a different path.
Jan 8, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah the OP of the first season was better.
The insert music before the ED and the ED were good. I actually liked more the insert music, would like to hear a full version.

So with this they concluded the cliff hanger and started an anime original, still, the transaction may look confusing for those who haven't read the manga.
Jan 8, 2015 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
Kerozinn said:
didnt watch it yet but does this even follow the manga ? (not that the first season followed it 100%) i read the manga and just wanna know if im wasting my time.
This is an original season, apparently.

>OP is jarring to my ears. Gonna skip this every time now

>It's not that I won't accept anything other than manga story, but the new original anime plot seems forced. Character relationships are all but forgotten, and they didn't really do a good job suspending the belief

>ED was okay..

>Visuals are surprisingly quite well-done, not that it helps to make the story better...

Anyways, expect a train-wreck in this season
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 8, 2015 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
I can already tell how bad this show will be just by the opening
Jan 8, 2015 3:09 PM

Jan 2014
drama_menck said:
The anime came back, but the first episode seemed to me a final episode, could have ended in this way the another season
Well, I hope the plot continues exciting ..
meh, I think the way the first season ended really pushed people to read the manga. I also don't think people would respond well finding out then and there that it was going to be anime original.
Jan 8, 2015 3:18 PM
May 2013
the opening was fairly shite.

But, it doesn't follow the manga at all, this episode should have been so much more badass and brutal; like the scene in the manga (which should have been this episode) where he completely beats down ayato and snaps his fingers one by one.

But, i have my suspicions that this an original sequel... he did NOT join aogiri in the manga, he formed his own little band. am i correct? i hope i am
Jan 8, 2015 3:21 PM

Oct 2011
Great opening. This thread gives way too much credit to the average season one opening.
Jan 8, 2015 3:22 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode but the opening sucked.
Jan 8, 2015 3:27 PM

Nov 2012
I never liked the manga so this being anime original doesn't bug me in the slightest :)

Kaneki joining Aogiri.

Okay episode.
Jan 8, 2015 3:31 PM

Sep 2010
Someone made an"Unravel" version of the opening and its AMAZING! What it should of been ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE5t7yunegM
Jan 8, 2015 3:34 PM

Sep 2010
ojhs2234 said:
the opening was fairly shite.

But, it doesn't follow the manga at all, this episode should have been so much more badass and brutal; like the scene in the manga (which should have been this episode) where he completely beats down ayato and snaps his fingers one by one.

But, i have my suspicions that this an original sequel... he did NOT join aogiri in the manga, he formed his own little band. am i correct? i hope i am
Crymsong said:
Great opening. This thread gives way too much credit to the average season one opening.
Hikarusuke said:
Good episode but the opening sucked.

Someone made an"Unravel" version of the opening and its AMAZING! What it should of been ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE5t7yunegM
Jan 8, 2015 3:34 PM
Jul 2012
The_Bif said:
As usual the majority of the manga fans are going to bitch and whine because everything isn't exactly panel for fucking panel, seriously what's the fucking point of bitching and crying so much like this every time a new anime adaptation comes out? When has an anime ever adapted a manga/LN exactly the way it's presented in the source material? The answer is never, it can't happen. It's two different mediums. STFU already.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure says hi
Jan 8, 2015 3:38 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm first OP was better. Though I didn't like that one at first, too. Maybe it changes this time, too.

What the fuck is with that end. They went through all that and then Kaneki just leaves? He better has a fucking good reason for it and even then I'm not sure I'll like that decision of him. Also he could have at least ripped off one of the wings of that guy. Would have deserved it and at the same time we could have seen some of Kaneki's new moves.
Jan 8, 2015 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
Yet again the animation was all over the place and for sure this anime doesn't ever fail at being terribly directed. But overall it's a nice thing that their picking a rather original story route than the manga !!
marshallooJan 8, 2015 3:45 PM
Jan 8, 2015 3:40 PM

Feb 2009
Well, that sucked. I was hoping for it to follow the manga. Done with this now.
Jan 8, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2012
gotta love the mango fags bitching about every anime adaptation there ever was (funny because this isn't even an adaptation of the manga)

OP song isn't bad, it's just the OP animation itself which is sorta plain. Still has some nice symbolism. But the new ending is absolutely amazing, will have to get my hands on that Mp3 soon.

Yeah, the first episode is somewhat plain and has buildings crushed for like 5 minutes, but I guess it serves an introduction to the series. and for those bitching about kanekis decision not making sense, it's the FIRST FUCKING EPISODE, they're going to explain it eventually.

Anyway, I still have fairly high hopes for this season even as a manga reader. Just not a typical manga tard like a majority of people complaining in this thread

and guys stfu about the "omg 103 bones not in here 1/10 perrot sucks" jfc lmao
Jan 8, 2015 3:44 PM
Dec 2014
Amon did not take a punch of Shinohara and was not forced to be separated from Special Class
Touka had no flashbacks of his father before arriving Kaneki
Kaneki was masked to save Touka
Kaneki not broke half the bones of Ayato
Banjou was arrested, not to many meters away from there
Juuzou not fought Jason to get his Quinque
Kuro and Shiro have appeared
Kakeki was not next to Banjou and Tsukiyama when he said that would not return to Anteiku and they form a "team"
And that friend Kaneki (do not remember the name) has started its investigations

I think someone things have changed =X
WesCoPJan 8, 2015 5:19 PM
Jan 8, 2015 3:55 PM
Jan 2015
Man, people can't accept changes, watch it for the entertainment, not for the manga adaption. It was already said that this was going to be an original story. Sheesh, if you ain't happy go back to your manga. I've read the manga and I admit the first season would have been better with the manga, but with this first episode, I actually enjoyed it.

Jun 2014
I was admittedly pretty disappointed that they're not following the manga...there was so much I was hoping to see animated >.< (the fight between Kaneki and Ayato, for example). I'm definitely still going to follow this season, though. I'll try and keep an open mind about the plot.

Also, am I the only one who thinks they've got some really good voice actors in this series?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2014
Great start. Filled with lots of things to develop upon throughout the next 11 episodes. I have high expectations for the show, and I get the feeling from the first episode that this time around, I won't be disappointed. I would like to see more action and more philosophical talks rather than watching random characters mysteriously staring and blabbering at each other, but so far, I'm satisfied.

I must admit, I was pretty disappointed when I got to the opening theme. Wasn't remotely as good as the first season's opening. But the [english] song that played right before the ending was a really nice soundtrack, I can't wait to get my hands on that.

*sigh* and here goes my waiting 1 week to watch a 20 minute episode of an anime. Can't wait for the next episode!
RaJan 8, 2015 3:58 PM
Jan 8, 2015 3:59 PM

Aug 2014
New OP has nothing on unravel. Felt like the tension and emotion from the lastseries just dissapated, and I didn't really feel all that inyo the fights. Overall, could of had better execution.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 8, 2015 4:00 PM

Jun 2012
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Snaita said:

Nope, at least by my logic it doesn't make sense. This is the original draft, he may wanted to put this, but if it's not in the manga, it must been it has been rejected by editors, etc... and ultimatly by him in end.

But that doesn't mean that it was bad; just not direction he ended up going in.

Honestly, if this season was 24 eps they could've made the Aogiri Raid arc wrap up two episodes instead of one. That way, we may have gotten some sort of convo between Kaneki and Tatara, or Eto, that convinces Kaneki to join their group.

Even if this story is great, the rushed pacing due to the 12 ep limit could very well ruin what could've been an awesome season.

Yes, original content apart, they could do a good story but the rushed pace and left out explanations(yes there quite a few) just kills it... Kaneki fight against flying bastard is one of the bests in the manga, here they didn't even tried because he joins Aogiri.
Still the original draft was excluded for a reason, if the story was good, the author have gone with it...
Jan 8, 2015 4:01 PM
Dec 2014
Why are people so critical? :;( I understand things they didnt like such as the opening and what not but dropping it or saying it sucked? A little harsh in my opinion
Jan 8, 2015 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
This anime is better now that Kaneki isn't a little bitch boy now. Hopefully they keep the crying down from last season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 4:02 PM
Dec 2014
Incase you missed it, pause on Nico's mask and look in the reflection
Jan 8, 2015 4:06 PM

Jul 2014
Is it different from manga storyline? (I'm not a manga reader so I don't know)
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Pages (17) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.