Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2014 3:08 AM

Mar 2013
galimx said:
I gave it a 4/10 and im being generous. Its just a bad show with its otaku pandering elements, but im used to MAL users who only rate show out of pure enjoyment, so nothing new here, move on.

This level of stupidity and holier-than-thou attitude comments is something i'll never understand and detest, how the hell are you supposed to rate if not by enjoyment?

Jun 26, 2014 3:09 AM

Dec 2012
*goosebumps*
No Season2 No Life :(

Jun 26, 2014 3:19 AM

Jun 2008
Hope therell be a season 2, light humor drama will be sorely missed in an entire season of angsty shows. And the references are awesome, tho Reinhard will still be mad about his fleet of imperial battlecruisers getting destroyed by heartriding kemonomimis
Jun 26, 2014 3:25 AM

Dec 2013
Wth, I didnt even realize that was the last episode of this season. I've been more focused on what goes on in each episode, I can't wait for season 2.
Eh
Jun 26, 2014 3:29 AM

Aug 2013
10/10
No complaints on this thing, yeah
Jun 26, 2014 3:39 AM
Apr 2014
Cliffhanger ending lol ^^" Great way to end the series. With a bit of luck the second season won't have to wait too long.

Although the story wasn't always perfect, this anime had the highest value of sheer enjoyment since TTGL for me, so 8,5/10.
galimx said:
I gave it a 4/10 and im being generous. Its just a bad show with its otaku pandering elements, but im used to MAL users who only rate show out of pure enjoyment, so nothing new here, move on.

lolwut? How else are you supposed to rate an anime? It's no Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, but it isn't supposed to be. Base your score on what the anime is, not what you want it to be.
R- said:

Awesome, isn't it?
UnleashTheGoatJun 26, 2014 3:46 AM
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Jun 26, 2014 3:40 AM

Apr 2014
9/10
lol one heck of a fun ride and hopefully we get a season 2 soon...
Jun 26, 2014 3:58 AM
Jan 2010
there will be no season 2... that is very clear from the ending (they skipped 3 books and showed a spoiler, basically telling people to go and read it yourself)

and anime wasn't that good... quite overrated... the beginning was better imo
Jun 26, 2014 4:33 AM

Oct 2013
zayan1992 said:
GreenDrag said:

I'm not going to deny, that it was convenient. Especially from a time-saving aspect, which, as throughout the season, this show did way too often.
However, you seem to ignore the werebeasts' standing. they are in no real position to make very high demands, because if they make a demand, that is asking for too much, the game will be refused, Evlen Garde, or Avant Heim would have either had a game with them, or their technological advancements would have been worn away, and bye-bye comfortable Information-Age lifestyle. (back to the hard middle-ages).
So they decided not to push their luck with the bets (also, chances are, should Miko had said anything, that wouldn't have allowed a mutual coexistance, Sora would have refused rather swiftly, or forced a change to something he would have preferred.

Still, the main point is, when someone is holding a gun to your head (from behind you), your first words won't be you demanding them to surrender. You will probably start pleading for your life.

You fail to understand here that sora had given her two options. Either they both lose or they both win. Now according to your conditions, they both could have easily chosen the former option and that would suffice the pledges.
Haters just want to create flaws where there are none and confuse others who love the show.
Ok. Same analogy as before
Foxy lady: If I win I become your master and I become the emanity leader
[ ] : If I win I become your master and I become the warbeast leader
and the results were draw
but, instead of agree on winning, what if she picked for both parties to lose

So, now emanity and warbeast have no leader? and whose the servant?

My point is, Draw is not an option
It obsolete the rule

Everything about [ ] is convenient
So, They're great at gaming
Does that make them who held gun for the first time have 120% precision?
Does that make him able to toss a coin, has it landed and ricochet to the precise point where he wanted it to be? I wonder how often does he play coin toss IRL
Does that make her able to predict where the enemy/allies will be at the exact mili second? What, is she a soothsayer now?

Seriously, if not for the hype, fan-service and of course living up your fantasy where individuals valued by their gaming skills
this anime won't be this highly rated

it IS good (top 150 good)
but has the potential to challange the top 10
no no no
Toaki90Jun 26, 2014 4:46 AM
"Burn the heretics"
Jun 26, 2014 4:33 AM

Jul 2013
10/10 to this anime.

I loved it from the beginning to the very end. This is one of the shows I had high hope for, after watching the first episode, and it lived upto all the hopes.

I loved this ending episode too. The way they decoded the meaning of the 16 race pieces while expanding Elkia's territory and making it into the Eklia Federation.

I'm really curious as to what the shrine priestess has to do with her having the ability to call the Old Deus. Really curious about what kind of games they play and what happened in the three volumes they skipped (Which is what I've heard).

Can't help but look forward to another season. I hope a second season is green-lit soon :)
Jun 26, 2014 4:49 AM

Jun 2014
I love it, i just can't wait for him to have a bigger chalenge, he's pretty much controlled everything for the moment !

8/10 for me, its really good.

Hope season 2 is coming soon :p
Jun 26, 2014 5:06 AM
Nov 2009
No game; no wife.

Seriously, Blank is ridiculously haxx when it comes to thinking ahead in the games lol. Really an enjoyable show as long you suspend your disbelief. And I love that Miko is my name and it means shrine priestess in Japanese.

Can't wait for season 2! :-)
Jun 26, 2014 5:13 AM

May 2013
"Blank never loses" - Sora
Great! Elkia Federation is born! It's only a matter of time until Sora and Shiro conquer the world and defeat Tet.

That cliffhanger, Miko is Exceed Rank #1? Just who is she? She looks like a threat.

Maybe they're already making a second season? Still don't know. Though judging from the people who adore this series, they might make one.

9/10
This series was awesome. Seriously it is, but for me it wasn't that perfect. And besides, it's so overrated. :D
Jun 26, 2014 5:22 AM

Jun 2012
Style over substance, but damn was it stylish. 7/10.
Jun 26, 2014 5:24 AM

Jan 2013
Steph oh steph. All female characters losing pieces of clothing left and right. Bath scenes. i want more!

Rikudo95 said:
WOW the anime was really awesome! Waiting for season 2 >.>
10/10 for this anime
By the way where can find the light novel? Ive only found the manga but it only has 7 chapter

It is available at Baka Tsuki, don't think the LN is translated that far up though.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jun 26, 2014 5:36 AM
Apr 2013
not a bad series. pretty sure if people sat down and thought through blank's thinking process we'd be finding more than a few plot holes though.

sucks it ended right when things got interesting, i'll be hoping for a second season.
Jun 26, 2014 5:54 AM
Oct 2013
This is one top 10 anime with 12 episodes for me. Imagine the producers are given time slot as much as any other top anime (code geass (25 episodes), fullmetal alchemist (51 episodes)), it would easily have much more time to explain the plot hole. New animes problem anyway. I miss the old time when most anime have 24ish episodes. Seriously, this anime is one heck of a brilliant cram!
Jun 26, 2014 6:58 AM
Dec 2011
For those who complained about certain aspect in NGNL

"The[ Blank] do too many asspulling/Deus Ex Machina in their game!"
IMO the only Deus Ex Machina/asspulling the show did is during the Chess game between [Blank] and Kurami. The dating sims element came out of nowhere and also the king piece shattered came out of nowhere. All other games has plausible explanations for their victory.

"Shiro doing the equations to determine NPC movement is too much!"
In episode 5 I think, it was shown that [Blank] can easily do calculation of citizen movements nonchalantly inside their head. Even Sora was shown to easily do some kind of calculation to shoot the pantsu, and Shiro is said to be better at calculation than him, so why cant she do the calculation to determine npc's movements?

"Shiro and Sora cannot possibly aim that well!"
They are inside a game. the gun is shown to be perfectly accurate and has no recoil. At least, for Sora, in episode 5, is shown to be very good at hands eyes coordination, distance estimations and accuracy, when he threw the stones to a flock of birds distances away from him accurately. So it is perfectly valid for them to be that good in shooting and aiming

"The draw at the coin toss game is bullsh*t"
It seems you forgot one of the main reason(outwardly) for the enforcement of the 10 Oaths is to resolve conflict. Nowhere in the oath stated that the game has to be finished, or that there couldn't be a draw. Supposed there are 2 sides in conflict. during their battle/game, both sides gains understanding/compromise to end the conflict. should they continue the games, when the conflict has been resolved? Or, if possible, should they both withdraw from the game? It was already shown when Sora and Shiro fought each other during episode 4 that you do not have to win/end the game if the conflict has been resolved. This is what happened during the Coin toss. both side compromised to resolve the conflict
Jun 26, 2014 7:03 AM
Feb 2013
Intense episode. Second Season, Now please.
Jun 26, 2014 7:57 AM

Jul 2012
Panaru said:
Fuck yeah, is all I can say. But if there's no second season, there will be blood. Lots of it.

^That 1000 times

God, that show was amazing
Jun 26, 2014 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
Second. Season. Now.

Wow what a game. Didn't expect Steph would be the one to save the day. Too bad we didn't see much of Jibril fighting. Izuna and Shiro bath scene was so cute. Lol at Sora taking a picture of Miko the "Golden Fox". So they went with a cliffhanger ending huh? If only Baka Tsuki is finished translating the novel.
Jun 26, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2012
Second season when!?!
This was definitely the best show of the season!
10/10
Jun 26, 2014 9:13 AM

Oct 2013
the best anime on it's season 11/10
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Jun 26, 2014 9:18 AM
May 2014
Enjoyed it all the way. Hoping for season 2
Jun 26, 2014 10:01 AM

Feb 2013
That was a fun ride, hoping we'll get more. Really enjoyed this series.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 26, 2014 10:04 AM

Feb 2012
Great anime. This had a lot of what I love mixed into one show, all while having a great and engaging plot.

For this show to have the ecchi it does while also pleasing fans that don't like it, it shows how great the show is. It's fun for everyone!

10/10
Jun 26, 2014 10:14 AM

Jan 2011
Boom. Just one ep and they conquered the entire Eastern Federation.
『  』 Steph ftw.

Dat delicious bath scene with Izuna-tan >///<
Best scene is the whole show was definitely during the Materialization Shiritori.

Seeing many comments expressing doubts about S2 based on that ending... but still hoping for one though. Really loved seeing all the games in the show though 『  』 is seriously too OP but that's what makes it nice IMO.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jun 26, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
lol this show made it to the top 20 :)
Jun 26, 2014 10:24 AM
Jan 2011
Season 2? I think it's better if they end at vol 8.
Jun 26, 2014 10:25 AM

Feb 2014
Yesterday it was 8.82, today it is 8.86. Rank 18th and rising, may even hit top 15. With those stats and this ending a season 2 should be quite guaranteed. At least I'll keep telling myself that.

I think I'll call this my new favorite anime, I enjoyed every second of it. Really hoping for a ton of new seasons with a rather slow pace while they defeat all the other exceeds, but I'm guessing they'll just fast-forward to Tet. As long as it's close to as entertaining as S1 I won't really mind either way.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Jun 26, 2014 10:27 AM
Jun 2012
I saw people saying that the 'old deus' miko ending was not on the LN.
Is it true? I'm too busy right now to read and search for it on baka-tsuki.
Jun 26, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2007
xytech said:
Yesterday it was 8.82, today it is 8.86. Rank 18th and rising, may even hit top 15. With those stats and this ending a season 2 should be quite guaranteed. At least I'll keep telling myself that.

I think I'll call this my new favorite anime, I enjoyed every second of it. Really hoping for a ton of new seasons with a rather slow pace while they defeat all the other exceeds, but I'm guessing they'll just fast-forward to Tet. As long as it's close to as entertaining as S1 I won't really mind either way.

Japanese execs don't care about or read this site, it's not a factor at all in a possible second season.
Jun 26, 2014 10:49 AM

Feb 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Japanese execs don't care about or read this site, it's not a factor at all in a possible second season.

Perhaps not directly, but it indicates that a ton of people are enjoying this show. Hopefully that also means it sells well, so it'll be worth making another season. Not sure how all that works though, but:
xytech said:
With those stats and this ending a season 2 should be quite guaranteed. At least I'll keep telling myself that.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Jun 26, 2014 11:18 AM

Jan 2011
Loved the series. A perfect mix of fun with seriousness. Entertaining characters, eye candy, brilliant pacing, amazing soundtrack, cleverly used sound effects. Entertainment in spades.

可愛いは正義だ!
セカンドシーズンがほしいです!
Jun 26, 2014 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
I don't really know, I just didn't enjoy this to the level most others seemed to do. The resolutions for some of the games despite the games themselves being fun just seemed so contrived. I mean the coin toss one when it landed on it's side in-between the pavings slabs/tiles. Uwotm8?! Admittedly though I did have fun with it here and there so I'd probably end up watching a S2 should it happen.
Jun 26, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2007
xytech said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Perhaps not directly, but it indicates that a ton of people are enjoying this show. Hopefully that also means it sells well, so it'll be worth making another season. Not sure how all that works though, but:
xytech said:
With those stats and this ending a season 2 should be quite guaranteed. At least I'll keep telling myself that.

It could have an influence on how the licensing company approaches promoting the R1 release.
Jun 26, 2014 12:10 PM

May 2010
That was great!

Season 2 or riot :)
Jun 26, 2014 12:15 PM
Oct 2011
This may not be something important but I was one of the few like 10 people that picked that this anime will reach rank 10-19. At it's peak all the way to the end. :P
Jun 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2011
Bad episode, not enough boobs and sex jokes.

overall 7/10

it felt like watching Yu-Gi-Oh! except without the cards.
Jun 26, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2013
Solid series with some great ideas, excellent animation and likable characters. NGNL had a great blend of everything which made it so good. I will give this series a 9/10 for now but possibly bump it up to a 10 after a rewatch in the future. Season 2 better be coming.
TomangoMay 23, 2015 3:04 PM
Jun 26, 2014 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
woot great series get an 8 from me XD
[/quote]
Jun 26, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2013
The predictions were on Light Yagami level for this one.
Jun 26, 2014 12:44 PM

Oct 2007
Rawrdaysgoby said:
This may not be something important but I was one of the few like 10 people that picked that this anime will reach rank 10-19. At it's peak all the way to the end. :P

I did to, but then I understand how things work when hype levels are through the roof in a community while other people were thinking about irrelevant factors. This stopped being about the actual show itself weeks ago and more what it means to be part of the community experience. I know how important it is in particular that this show attain as high as ranking as possible for its audience since it seems desperate to be as acknowledged as possible. I also wouldn't doubt if some people think its ranking going into the top 10 on MAL increases its chances of getting another season.
PeacingOutJun 26, 2014 12:49 PM
Jun 26, 2014 1:17 PM
Mar 2014
season 2 plox

the predicting npc movements and all that over the top stuff for the whole game was bs but who cares lel
Jun 26, 2014 1:23 PM
Jun 2014
Kilnerbanker said:
I don't really know, I just didn't enjoy this to the level most others seemed to do. The resolutions for some of the games despite the games themselves being fun just seemed so contrived. I mean the coin toss one when it landed on it's side in-between the pavings slabs/tiles. Uwotm8?! Admittedly though I did have fun with it here and there so I'd probably end up watching a S2 should it happen.

I completely LOVE this show and even I thought the coin flip was total BS. Not just that, but the whole game against Izuna where everything was somehow orchestrated so perfectly to conclude with Steph headshotting Izuna from behind with HER EYES CLOSED. Pleeeeeeeeaaasse.

I mean I can even go into the convenient transitions from day to night in episodes 6 and 11, and how those were such cheap tricks to make it seem like Blank were so good they held out against their opponents so long.

Then there's the underage fanservice which doesn't bother me now cause it's like everywhere in anime and manga and so on, but I can see how it can be weird at best to many people.

Despite all that I still love the show because it's not just about supposedly intelligent strategies and games. It's a bigger package about lovable characters doing crazy things in a colorful and energetic world with heart-pumping music in the background. The show displays evidence of the amount of love and care the makers put into it, and they've sold me on it despite the sheer lunacy they try to sell us sometimes.

All creative works have their own stories to tell, and each is worthy on its own merits and can give us something in return for the time we give it. How that story is told makes the difference. And I think NGNL's story, with all of the contrived BS, fanservice, silliness and whatnot that comes with it, was told in such an excellent fashion, with all of its elements given so much love and case, that they've sold me on the BS.

I can understand that the contrivances and fanservice are offensive enough to many that they alone are enough to break the whole show for them, but maybe the rest of us are just really gullible people. Meh, had tons of fun. Rule number ten, remember? :p
Jun 26, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2013

Yeah, I completely get why people like the whole "fuck it just go with" sort of attitude though, I'm often the same when it comes to most things; in a way it's what the medium is there for, but my thinking throughout this series in particular was based on the fact that the series revolves around a gaming world and the games in them, I wasn't really expecting them to be worked out quite like some of them did and it didn't really sit right with me I suppose.

Absolutely one thing that I have to agree is how it looked. Took a bit to get used to how outrageously pink it was (not entirely used to that from Madhouse from what I've seen lol) but everything was well animated and stuff. As for the fanservice..It didn't really bother me. To be honest I think much of how people perceive fanservice in general might be based on the viewers age and how they see it. For example I'm 17 & barely an adult so I don't really take any particular exception since people on screen being sexualised are roughly the same age as me if not older (Shiro in this show being a blatant exception lmfao) and I don't really consider it to be weird or anything. If I were 25-30 or something maybe I'd think much differently, but I can't really speak for everyone on that one. There will be people of all ages who don't care and people who utterly despite it and understandably so.
Jun 26, 2014 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
It hit the top 10 on the MAL series top tv anime list.

xytech said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

xytech said:

You forgot that the Japanese and western community are 2 different communties.

if you want to know how well a series is doing, check the LN sales(NGNL had the biggest LN anime boost that we know off), and the anime BD sales(next week)/estimates(rankster.com)

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 26, 2014 1:29 PM
Jun 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I did to, but then I understand how things work when hype levels are through the roof in a community while other people were thinking about irrelevant factors. This stopped being about the actual show itself weeks ago and more what it means to be part of the community experience. I know how important it is in particular that this show attain as high as ranking as possible for its audience since it seems desperate to be as acknowledged as possible. I also wouldn't doubt if some people think its ranking going into the top 10 on MAL increases its chances of getting another season.

Well if what you say is true, then why NGNL in particular? Why not Isshukan Friends, Chaika, or Black Bullet? Or maybe even Mahouka, despite how popular it was to begin with? Any single one of those series could've been everyone's baby, if trying to get the show acknowledged was the goal.

That NGNL was singled out means there's something at work here.

Granted it's only for tv anime, but GOODNESS SAKES, even I'm shocked at how crazy this is getting.
NewprimusJun 26, 2014 1:33 PM
Jun 26, 2014 1:46 PM

Oct 2007
Newprimus said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Well if what you say is true, then why NGNL in particular? Why not Isshukan Friends, Chaika, or Black Bullet? Or maybe even Mahouka, despite how popular it was to begin with? Any single one of those series could've been everyone's baby, if trying to get the show acknowledged was the goal.

I wouldn't know, I haven't really watched any of those shows aside from Mahouka, I just know they're the ones that the average fan will even consider. My best guess would be it's more colorful than all of them and more in your face in trying to show how cool it is. It just wants your attention more than any of those shows seem to and works pretty much every otaku pandering trick in the book on top of Madhouse is good enough on production to make sure it gets it. It's pretty much hyper concentrated LN material that throws everything in the typical LN checklist into the mix but the kitchen sink that's polished as best it can be the studio producing the adaptation.

Again best guess cause I'm so far from losing my shit over this show the way MAL is and can only use theories and behavioral analysis of the fan type it attracts to try to explain it.

Granted it's only for tv anime, but GOODNESS SAKES, even I'm shocked at how crazy this is getting.

I'm not.
Jun 26, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Newprimus said:
I wouldn't know, I haven't really watched any of those shows aside from Mahouka, I just know they're the ones that the average fan will even consider. My best guess would be it's more colorful than all of them and more in your face in trying to show how cool it is. It just wants your attention more than any of those shows seem to and works pretty much every otaku pandering trick in the book on top of Madhouse is good enough on production to make sure it gets it. It's pretty much hyper concentrated LN material that throws everything in the typical LN checklist into the mix but the kitchen sink that's polished as best it can be the studio producing the adaptation
Or because it's good. Which is far more likely.
Pages (21) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.