Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 18, 2014 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
It's obvious that he rehashed the plot at the last minute to make Kaguya its epicenter...
I mean, remember when Hashirama said that Sasuke was reminding Madara of his brother? And that he was given a jutsu by Hashirama? What happened to it?

What happened to the Talk no Jutsu Madara was supposed to receive by Sasuke?

It's obvious that this wasn't planned, Madara became a puppet at the last minute when he was supposed to be the final boss, Kishimoto is just changing everything to fit his ending, the plot twist was badly executed.
"The war has already begun... My name no longer matters. You can call me by my old name, Tobi, if you prefer. Madara, Tobi... call me whatever you want."
Jun 18, 2014 10:50 AM

Sep 2011
xDantey said:

It's obvious that this wasn't planned, Madara became a puppet at the last minute when he was supposed to be the final boss, Kishimoto is just changing everything to fit his ending, the plot twist was badly executed.
None of this final arc was planned. The series was originally meant to end a LONG time ago before the time skip even happened. And even then the reason this final arc didnt come sooner was kishimoto was saying in interviews he didnt know how to end it. The reason this final arc is such a trainwreck is lack of planning.

This series is a perfect example of why writers shouldnt wing their endings, they should make a few possibilties of how to end it so they have something to build up to, then modify them as the series going along based off what your writing to build up to it. When you dont you get this.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 18, 2014 10:52 AM

May 2009
What the fuck is all this bullshit, I don't even...
Jun 18, 2014 10:55 AM

Sep 2013
Black Zetsu = Naruto's Aizen XD

Pain - I am God!
Obito - It was all my plan!
Madara - I was manipulating you all this time!
Black Zetsu - Please, I've been controlling you all since you were born!

Wow :O this chapter was f*cked up :(

ichii_1Jun 18, 2014 10:58 AM
Jun 18, 2014 11:31 AM

Sep 2013
JizzyHitler said:
xDantey said:

None of this final arc was planned. The series was originally meant to end a LONG time ago before the time skip even happened. And even then the reason this final arc didnt come sooner was kishimoto was saying in interviews he didnt know how to end it. The reason this final arc is such a trainwreck is lack of planning.

This series is a perfect example of why writers shouldnt wing their endings, they should make a few possibilties of how to end it so they have something to build up to, then modify them as the series going along based off what your writing to build up to it. When you dont you get this.

Kishi never said it with his own mouth that he didn't know how to end it. It was just a flimsy rumour...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
Okay.....
Jun 18, 2014 11:41 AM
Aug 2012
Kazi9 said:
JizzyHitler said:

Kishi never said it with his own mouth that he didn't know how to end it. It was just a flimsy rumour...

Interviews are mistranslated/misinterpreted all the time. Unless I have read a certain interview wrong or the translation was done incorrectly, when asked about how Madara would be defeated Kishi stated something on the lines of "Every villain has a weakness. Madara however has none. So ask yourself, how he could possibly be defeated? Wait and see!"
Stupid Madara fanboys had interpreted this as Kishi not knowing how to end Madara so he asspulls Kaguya. This chapter combined with Black Zetsu's constant presence is enough for me to believe he had this planning for a while.
Jun 18, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2014
The main villain (Orochimaru) turned out to not be the main villain. Turns out the main villain was (Pain) who actually wasn’t the real villain (it was Nagato) who turned out not to be the main villain. It was actually the idiot (Tobi) who turned out not to be an idiot and was the real threat of the series (Obito) who turned out to not be the main villain but was a servant to the real villain (Madara) who was fighting because he read crap on a stone just recently was betrayed the real main villain (Black Zetsu) who turns out to be the son and manipulated all of history for his mother the actual real real real villain who is also the Juubi (Kaguya)
Jun 18, 2014 11:46 AM
Jun 2014
Great Chapter 5/5.

But seriously, so Kaguya was apart of the god tree? So that'll make her a "tree woman"

UGH. WHO MADE LOVE TO THIS?!

WHO?

This seriously needs to be answered in the next few chapters.
Jun 18, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2009
sullynathan said:
The main villain (Orochimaru) turned out to not be the main villain. Turns out the main villain was (Pain) who actually wasn’t the real villain (it was Nagato) who turned out not to be the main villain. It was actually the idiot (Tobi) who turned out not to be an idiot and was the real threat of the series (Obito) who turned out to not be the main villain but was a servant to the real villain (Madara) who was fighting because he read crap on a stone just recently was betrayed the real main villain (Black Zetsu) who turns out to be the son and manipulated all of history for his mother the actual real real real villain who is also the Juubi (Kaguya)
Um in a nutshell Yes.

I hate long exposition in this series though, I hope this story will not go on forever. Can we just win and move on please.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 18, 2014 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
Keetriver said:
Kazi9 said:

Interviews are mistranslated/misinterpreted all the time. Unless I have read a certain interview wrong or the translation was done incorrectly, when asked about how Madara would be defeated Kishi stated something on the lines of "Every villain has a weakness. Madara however has none. So ask yourself, how he could possibly be defeated? Wait and see!"
Stupid Madara fanboys had interpreted this as Kishi not knowing how to end Madara so he asspulls Kaguya. This chapter combined with Black Zetsu's constant presence is enough for me to believe he had this planning for a while.
If he actually planned it like we see, he really sucks at story telling and planning.
Jun 18, 2014 12:23 PM
May 2014
This is truly sad.. Naruto was my first long shonen and seeing it being brought down to this state makes me sad.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jun 18, 2014 12:30 PM

Sep 2013
ssjokg said:
Keetriver said:

If he actually planned it like we see, he really sucks at story telling and planning.

Ha! I don't really see what's complicated here.

Madara was manupulated to think that his will was his and his alone while it was kaguya's. After been betrayed/sealed(however u put it) she created black zetsu whose main purpose was to bring her back any means necessary.
Her being sealed by a powerful sealing technique made it hard for him to bring her back so what's the next best thing? 're-create war to awaken the rinnegan in some crazy way' which we saw! We never saw the full battle of hashirama vs madara so anyone who disputes the biting can't really justify it! It should be known by now that the ninja world thrived on manipulations and deceptions so this shouldn't actually be a surprise.

What we all thought we knew about the juubi was what madara thought he knew. So changing the words on that tablet really changed everything!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 12:34 PM

Sep 2011
sullynathan said:
you know i was too bothered by this black zetsu kaguya crap that i kind of forgot how stupid the entirety of this series' antagonists were. Seeing it put in lamens terms really puts that in perspective.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 18, 2014 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
It is easy to figure out why Madara ended up in such a miserable fashion. Kishimoto wants to milk more money from his masterpiece. Milk it all the way Kishi, milk it all the way.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 18, 2014 12:47 PM
Nov 2013
Zetsu’s plan was very hazardous…

What if Tobirama decided not to study Madara’s corpse? After all, he’s interested in the sharingan, so why didn’t he just take Madara’s eyes and destroy the corpse afterward? Its not like removing the eyes need special precautions anyway… Madara stole Kakashi’s eye and put it on his face in a millisecond.

What if Tobirama started dissecting and studying the corpse right away? The sharingans would have been removed anyway, so triggering Izanagi would have been impossible.

What if Kabuto was killed before the war? Madara wouldn’t have been resurrected and the plan would have failed…

It would have pretty easy to make this plan fail…

The whole chapter feels like a weak attempt the justify having Kaguya as the main antagonist. It would be nice if Kishimoto would stick to what he already established instead of always changing everything at the last minute, because it really feels like he didn’t planned anything and he’s making his story on the spot. The chapter was incoherent and a complete waste of time. It was also very boring… Only exposition while we are supposed to be in a decisive battle.

1/5 Somebody fetch Kishimoto a writer.
Jun 18, 2014 12:48 PM

Aug 2009
Kazi9 said:
ssjokg said:

Madara was manupulated to think that his will was his and his alone while it was kaguya's. After been betrayed/sealed(however u put it) she created black zetsu whose main purpose was to bring her back any means necessary.
Her being sealed by a powerful sealing technique made it hard for him to bring her back so what's the next best thing? 're-create war to awaken the rinnegan in some crazy way' which we saw! We never saw the full battle of hashirama vs madara so anyone who disputes the biting can't really justify it! It should be known by now that the ninja world thrived on manipulations and deceptions so this shouldn't actually be a surprise.

What we all thought we knew about the juubi was what madara thought he knew. So changing the words on that tablet really changed everything!
I never said that it is complicated.I said it sucks. This isnt good strorytelling. There was nothing to foreshadow this, it doesnt make sense since it retcons pretty much everything after the timeskip and it doesnt even look cool.Changing the entire story a few(hopefully)chapters before the end is just what an amateur would do.
Jun 18, 2014 12:54 PM
Dec 2012
Kazi9 said:
ssjokg said:

Come on now... Kaguya appears out of nowhere and now we get this series changing retcon. Madara had his scar from the Hashirama fight before you see. It was stated that Izanagi kind of needs Senju DNA too by Obito also.. Madara lost his eyesight for 1 of his eyes and has 2 rinnegans and can go back to the sharingan stage too. Then he goes to say that he "taught" his eye to use Izanagi after he dies. That part is kind of weird because Black Zetsu seemed to have taken sudden control over Madara before the Izanagi activated, so Madara expected someone to come and take control over his body, and thought Tobirama would not steal his eyes and experiment with his body, which he for some reason did not by the way because they didn't know if the body was switched with some stupid shadow clone... Also the fact that after Madara was revived, he didn't revive as an old dude, but still lost his eyes.. Makes sense.

I'm not even going to
JizzyHitler said:
you know i was too bothered by this black zetsu kaguya crap that i kind of forgot how stupid the entirety of this series' antagonists were. Seeing it put in lamens terms really puts that in perspective.

Don't forget the FV, Sasuke
Jun 18, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
So this whole ninja world is just a staged theater. This war definitely lead to a lot of things. From ninja world war by obito, to madara using obito, to kaguya revival, to the history of ninja. Wow. It leads to quite a thing. Kishi made this whole ninja story back to the history of the ninja world. It seems like all that has happened is not important, all this ninja story is just for this ending.
Jun 18, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
How long has this "war" been going on in the naruto universe?
sic mundus
Jun 18, 2014 1:54 PM

Feb 2012
Well damn.
Jun 18, 2014 1:56 PM
Mar 2014
WOW.............DID KISHIMOTO JUST STOOP TO KUBO'S LEVEL.....??????
Jun 18, 2014 2:20 PM

Dec 2012
The scale has been blown so far out of proportion that I don't even care about any new enemies anymore. It's going to be hard for me to feel satisfied with a contrived ending like this.

Naruto will sacrifice himself to seal all the bad stuff and save the ninja world. Sasuke will live on to tell the tale so no one repeats the mistakes of the Uchiha. meh.
Jun 18, 2014 2:54 PM

Mar 2009
This war arc is the worst thing to ever happen to this series.
Jun 18, 2014 5:57 PM
Dec 2013
hmm...........i remember there being a crappy manga around called fairy tail..........probably go pick it up again

Dark_Wolverine said:
chapter in a nutshell

LOL
Jun 18, 2014 6:50 PM

Feb 2014
All that attempt to explain those plot hole was so Aizen. XD

I though Kubo was the best troller. XD

These puppets strings. I can's see an end on it.

I wonder, since when BZ became Kaguya's son anyway as Madara said he "inserted" his will.

At least, there's someone who can match Kubo, so in the future if we see some "amazing" troll, we called it "They got black zetsu-ed". XD
Jun 18, 2014 7:05 PM

May 2010
yep. its time. dropped

this shit will never end anyways.
Jun 18, 2014 7:09 PM
Feb 2013
clare77 said:
hmm...........i remember there being a crappy manga around called fairy tail..........probably go pick it up again

Dark_Wolverine said:
chapter in a nutshell

LOL

atleast fairy tail are all about wizards, dragons and demons that has been already hinted, and naruto? naruto naruto, i thought it was all about ninja, but, but, this ninja thingy was manipulated by ALIENS? ALIENS? ALIENS? SHOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKK, there was no foreshadow in a first place, it was pull out of nowhere , fuck you kaguya bitch!

naruto is more crappy dude!!!!"!!!!! kishi milk the story by explaining the plotholes with another more questions!!!!!!!......
Jun 18, 2014 7:41 PM

Apr 2008
I'm with Zoldyck.

I....I might need to read this again. When I'm fully energized.

I'm kind of irritated, even though it's interesting. Sure, it is ninja, it is human culture to rewrite for our own benefit to have our way, especially when you want to rule the world. Things might not always be true.

But this big black goo is behind all of it?! Now the brats want to revive their deadly parent! The one who created white zetsu from other people? And then Madara is cannibal potential and used Hashirama parts to get upgrade and to live long (of course the senju/uchinga mix thing was explained before).

I DON'T KNOOOOOOOOOOW! What this does help in is -- how Madara expected his revival.

I think it's cool that the 10 Tails is the moon. Sort of. I was like "Whaaaa?!" Cause Chibaku is the meteor jutsu yeah? Dang, this is Majora's Mask. Stupid moon!

Kaguya's face was beautiful. Ikeda Masako should voice her. One of the mothers of VAs.
Jun 18, 2014 8:14 PM

Mar 2014
Jouten said:
I personally think Kishimoto is a genius, and yes I believe he had a lot of this planned out from the start. Just god damn all these plot twists and deceptions, never really seen anything like it in any show, except maybe Lost. Naruto is the Lost of anime pretty much, probably why I love it so much. I still think we haven't heard the whole truth, since we know virtually nothing about Kaguya herself, so I'm looking forward to more mind bending twists. Props to Kishi having Black Zetsu be the true mastermind behind everything.

:O hello fellow Dream eater
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
meh, i personally found this chapter a bit boring. at-least in contrast to the last one. and "we have to use THAT technique now" was a bit corny and lame =3=
Jun 18, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, Black Zetsu. The mastermind behind it all.
I really like reveals like this.
Where there's one more hidden truth tying everything together.
Jun 18, 2014 9:11 PM
Jun 2013
wow did they really do the "iv been planning this the whole time" crap.Did they just do an aizen....wth man.Ugh this just keeps getting worse.
Jun 18, 2014 9:38 PM

Aug 2009
Calling this "an Aizen" is praising actually. At least with Aizen the man behind everything didnt change almost 10 times....
Jun 18, 2014 9:47 PM

Feb 2014
ssjokg said:
Calling this "an Aizen" is praising actually. At least with Aizen the man behind everything didnt change almost 10 times....

But, even Ichigo's birth was "keikaku dorii". Why not his defeat also "keikaku dorii"?? that's so retard. That's Aizen for you. XD

BZ only need a little more trolling, though. shame he back to his hot mom c*nt already. Wait, probably that his "keikaku dorii". XD
FlashofthebackJun 18, 2014 10:12 PM
Jun 18, 2014 10:10 PM
Jun 2013
ssjokg said:

then its a more crappy version of it :p.Still crap ether way.
Jun 18, 2014 10:41 PM

Aug 2009
MShukyDeneuve said:
ssjokg said:

But, even Ichigo's birth was "keikaku dorii". Why not his defeat also "keikaku dorii"?? that's so retard. That's Aizen for you. XD

BZ only need a little more trolling, though. shame he back to his hot mom c*nt already. Wait, probably that his "keikaku dorii". XD
Not saying that the revelation about Aizen's plans wasnt bullshit but at least it was ONLY HIM.Only HIS plans were retconned.In Naruto EVERYTHING was retconned.
Jun 18, 2014 11:16 PM

Jul 2013
myanime2 said:
clare77 said:

LOL

atleast fairy tail are all about wizards, dragons and demons that has been already hinted, and naruto? naruto naruto, i thought it was all about ninja, but, but, this ninja thingy was manipulated by ALIENS? ALIENS? ALIENS? SHOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKK, there was no foreshadow in a first place, it was pull out of nowhere , fuck you kaguya bitch!

naruto is more crappy dude!!!!"!!!!! kishi milk the story by explaining the plotholes with another more questions!!!!!!!......
Where are people getting this alien shit from? Where was it stated that Kaguya came from outside the planet?

I was under the impression she came from the God Tree, which is something that has always been in the Naruto world, (a.k.a Not an alien).
Jun 18, 2014 11:40 PM

Apr 2008
I think everyone is mentally cracked at this point.
Jun 19, 2014 12:22 AM
May 2014
My eyes and ears are bleeding, the horror, the horror
Jun 19, 2014 12:33 AM

May 2012
Dat crying GGGMILF.
7/10 for this chap.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 19, 2014 1:00 AM
Feb 2013
Minagatachi said:
myanime2 said:

Where are people getting this alien shit from? Where was it stated that Kaguya came from outside the planet?

I was under the impression she came from the God Tree, which is something that has always been in the Naruto world, (a.k.a Not an alien).

dude she came from the moon! from the outer space means she's an alien! an alien goddess who was bored and make and play a ninja puppet show for the sake of the series who was all about ninja, where in fact it was originally an alien who made the shitnobi world!
myanime2Jun 19, 2014 1:11 AM
Jun 19, 2014 1:20 AM

May 2012
Zetsu next chapter "I lied, Im just your neighborhood"..

Jun 19, 2014 4:19 AM

Apr 2013
"that" jutsu... i'm lost O.o

Jun 19, 2014 4:29 AM

Apr 2014
So everything was according to black zetsu's plan? sigh....
Now who didn't see that coming?
2/5
Jun 19, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2014
.....................................................................Seriously?......................................................you kidding right?................................. right?.......................black zetsu?..........................wtf?

Black Zetsu>>>>>Aizen

Truth Story
Jun 19, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
Taito10 said:
.....................................................................Seriously?......................................................you kidding right?................................. right?.......................black zetsu?..........................wtf?

Black Zetsu>>>>>Aizen

Truth Story
No actually Aizen is using his Kyoka Suigetsu and makes everyone think that BZ had planned everything all along.
Jun 19, 2014 9:41 AM

Apr 2009
Ryukatsuka said:
And there we go. Another fucking twist. This is just too overwhelming to take in all at once......

Cognitive overload. No comment to give on this chapter as of now.

I wonder why this manga has the need to retell its complete story every time there shows up a new (bigger) enemy. It's really starting to annoy me, every time it's like "All you knew up until now was a lie, in fact the truth is thusly". How can I take this even seriously?
The ending to this manga is way overdue.

Z4k said:
So everything was according to black zetsu's plan? sigh....
Now who didn't see that coming?
2/5

My thoughts exactly. How do people validate this as good storywriting?
1/5

Jun 19, 2014 11:40 AM
Mar 2014
Dark_Wolverine said:
chapter in a nutshell

even that video is part of black zetsu's plan
Jun 19, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
A possible theory on who fucked Kaguya is that probably she can reproduce on her own. What if she doesn't need to mate? You know like those species that are both male and female or whatever you call it. I know there's a word for it but I don't remember it. Well, I'm just putting this out there for people who are curious.
Jun 19, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
I thought it was obvious who Black Zetsu's real father is

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.