Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 3, 1:31 PM

Oct 2010
Some people prefer that anime about the JAV actress and the midget but let's be fair, they only look at her tits whereas Giji Harem is a true romcom with smooth comedy and emotional romantic scenes.

Sep 3, 1:35 PM

Sep 2016
More like the best modern sleeping pill.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Sep 3, 1:37 PM

Jan 2024
Catalano said:
JAV actress and the midget

What is that

Anyway Giji Harem is one of my favourite romcom this year next to Makeine. But while Makeine has way more potentinal, in a very limited scope Giji Harem very very good. Two mcs are very cute specially Rin and no drama just two people having fun.

But idk if anything can compete Kaguya sama. That is goated.
Sep 3, 1:38 PM

Mar 2022
"Some people prefer that anime about the JAV actress and the midget"

what anime?

Sep 3, 1:44 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Onaniu
"Some people prefer that anime about the JAV actress and the midget"

what anime?
@Onaniu

I'm guessing it's an exaggerated reference to The Dangers in My Heart since that's the most popular romcom in recent times and it's second season received a lot of praise (also being highly rated).
Sep 3, 1:44 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
nah, it's fairly cute and wholesome, but also pretty stale and basic, a 6/10 from me.

i do appreciate that the relationship actually advanced and the season didn't save a confession for the ending or that usual shit though.

but i'll take that show with the "midget" over this any day of the week, if you think the only thing going for it is her big chest you're tripping brother.
Sep 3, 1:45 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to Quadruple_Oi
@Onaniu

I'm guessing it's an exaggerated reference to The Dangers in My Heart since that's the most popular romcom in recent times and it's second season received a lot of praise (also being highly rated).
@Oioioioi1234
Yeah maybe
Haven't seen it

Sep 3, 1:49 PM

Sep 2018
Make Heroine is the best romcom of the year so far.
Sep 3, 1:50 PM

Mar 2021
Well, to each their own. But I'm not a big fan of the format where there are 10 different scenes each episode with little continuity. It makes the individual segments lack the same impact and I have a hard time keeping up with it. Like I already forget 2-4 of the segments by the end of the episode. In a weird way, I would say it's akin to watching a bunch of really entertaining Youtube shorts, so the experience is enjoyable but there isn't the same lasting impact as other rom-coms. But I've also seen many people say this isn't a problem for them, so it's just personal preference.
Sep 3, 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
I haven't seen it yet so I can't say how good it is (still catching up on romances from past seasons). Really enjoyed the FL in 7th time loop for instance and Yubisaki to Renren had a lot of cute moments (even if the MCs weren't my favorite). But there is a LOT of good modern romance shows (Raeliana, Clueless First Friend, Love is War, More Than a Married Couple, etc). Sadly most stop at 1 season.

But can we talk about how annoying it is when Japan finally picks up a show for continuation and then runs out of material? They keep picking short series.

Dangers in My Heart - 9 volumes, anime is caught up
Ginji Harem - 6 volumes
Make Heroine ga Oosugiru! - 7 volumes
Gimai Seikatsu - 11 volumes

No idea how far along Ginji is but it has at most a season left if they want to continue. And then it will be forgotten. At least the upcoming Honey Lemon Soda has 26 volumes, so there is hope to have an actual long-running story... (no idea how good it is)

EDIT: missed this was about romcoms specifically
iwubanimeSep 3, 2:14 PM
Sep 3, 2:19 PM

Jul 2022
It isn't even the best romcom of this season, let alone of all modernity.

I dropped it after five episodes since I didn't care about any of the characters. While I would never recommend it focus on something boring like high school politics (like another romcom from this season that shall remain unnamed), it could at least be improved by having any plot of which to speak.

Magical Girl and Evil Lieutenant is a far better romcom from the current season, but even that one isn't as good as some other recent anime in the genre.
Sep 3, 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
It's cute and somewhat novel but also kinda really dull.
Sep 3, 2:59 PM

Aug 2021
I've watched only 2 episode and then got bored and decided to finish it later, so I can't say whether it is a good anime or not.
Sep 3, 3:05 PM

Nov 2020
You have to be a moeblob fan or a lonely loser to like this anime xD
Sep 3, 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
I'm sorry what's wrong with jav actress, and more importantly what's wrong with being a midget...
Sep 3, 3:24 PM

Feb 2023
I definitely enjoy Giji Harem. It's relaxed and funny, I also like how Rin tries to win over her Senpai, but at the same time it lacks some personality. The premise of her acting out the roles of his imaginary harem seems to be getting lost after the first half.
Sep 3, 4:16 PM

Jul 2024
No but it certainly does answer my question about how to make it work when senpai graduates and go to college and the kohei is still stuck in high school..
Sep 3, 5:58 PM

Aug 2010
I skipped so many new romcoms because I'm just not interested in them, but Giji Harem is one of the few that caught my interest and is actually my favorite of this season. So, yes for me. I like the dynamic of the 2 MCs and nice to see the senpai graduates and in college.
Sep 3, 6:03 PM

Nov 2019
Bro had shown his beef with moeblobs but now this is his dosage of copium.

Catalano said:
they only look at her tits

This is definitely self-projecting. What a hypocrite swine.
SgtBateManSep 3, 8:19 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Sep 4, 5:33 PM
Jul 2024
It's a nice sweet show. But heck, BEST. KS: Love Is War is light years beyond this. Horimiya is too. I even like Oresuki better ( All hail Bench Kun! Revealer of lies! LOL). This is cute, but I doubt it will make my all time top 5-7 Anime' Rom Coms. Still, any story where the couple actually gets together is a winner. It does happen in Oresuki but you have to watch all THE WAY THROUGH the credits to find out. That was the biggest fake out. LOL.
Sep 4, 5:35 PM

Jun 2020
No as long as Rent a GF is still a thing 👑
👻
Sep 4, 5:58 PM

Aug 2018
I havent seen Giji Harem but I can say with 100% certainty that High Score Girl is way better. Besides, Catalano liking something is never a good sign.
Sep 4, 6:16 PM

Feb 2016
It's decent, but the anime is a nothing burger with the only innovation being that the girl can mimic a lot of character personality tropes. It did well in going further beyond school as the story continues even after her Senpai graduated, which is the only positive thing I can think of.

The rest of the anime is very vanilla and plays it too safe, not like that's a bad thing, but it doesn't make it great either.

idk what your problem was with Boku Yaba as it has great production values and characters that have tons of layers, but if that's not your thing, then I think nothing will. Good for you if you like Geiji Harem, but it's not really as special as you make it sound.

Now go crawl back to the hole you came from.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 5, 4:06 PM

Aug 2010
Not while everyone's fave Kaguya-Sama exists, LOL

Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 6, 1:14 AM
Jul 2024
I'm a Giji Harem supporter but I don't think it is THE best modern romcom (definitely one of the better ones though). I would give that title to BokuYaba
Oct 4, 7:21 AM

Jan 2018
pretty vanilla, so can't complaint. not the best though

if they're sib
4 hours ago

Jul 2024
It's too soon to tell whether it is the “best” modern romcom and that's also subjective and depends on personal preferences. Most fans prefer other series that offer different dynamics or storytelling styles.
4 hours ago
Oct 2019
I definitely crush hard on Nanakura.
3 hours ago

Jan 2023
It is one of my favorite romcoms from the last couple of years for sure, but idk if I would go as far as to say 'best modern romcom' :)
42 minutes ago

Dec 2012
Well, it was pretty good, I liked it.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

More topics from this board

» Do you prefer old anime, or new anime?

Polatrix - 4 hours ago

22 by Boogiepop1989 »»
4 minutes ago

» Can someone explain why JJK & Demon Slayer get such high praise?

Surox - 2 hours ago

19 by BigBoyAdvance »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » production delays means better work or quality

deg - 1 hour ago

12 by JaniSIr »»
9 minutes ago

» 🎃 AD Summer 2024 Best Girl Contest ( 1 2 3 4 )

Shizuna - Oct 1

189 by NonAtmospheric »»
11 minutes ago

» I hate the way i watch anime.

Centsicles - 3 hours ago

13 by BigBoyAdvance »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.