Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wistoria's Wand and Sword
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 22, 9:26 AM
Jul 2023
Will uses magic(kinda)
I mean I get it it is really hard to come up with new attacks without making them seem like that are made by a cringey delusional middle schooler but..
THAT IS ARGO VESTA
ARGO VESTA FROM DANMACHI

Well no hate cause it is different enough from Bell's attack but it seems Omori has no more ideas for attacks
but I love this show so much
Sep 22, 9:30 AM
Sep 2024
Reply to hikikodokumori
Holy smokes, that was some terrible writing. Bro took 3 business days to cast that Armenta Auliscas, damn. Also, why does Wignall want to die so bad? Docking one whole grade, from 7 to 6, due to that absolutely ridiculous physics-and-logic-defying glasses breakage. Them creating a mega sword for him last second, him knowing to grab it immediately after falling through the circle, Sion who is definitely weaker than Julius, trying to charge with his Byrdelion as if there's a chance to penetrate those iron wings. My goodness, who wrote this? As soon as he said wand can't do it and sword can't do it, it was obvious what needs to be done. I don't understand how I got so pissed at this episode, but here we are.

Edit: upon reading the rest of this thread, seems like I'm the only one and this was apparently a masterpiece.
@hikikodokumori Your opinion is your,so it's whatever, but how about you pay attention for bit? Will literally cut one of Duke's wing off to create opening before Sion fire big spell, why you surprised he took the chance to attack IN THE RIGHT MOMENT?
Sep 22, 9:37 AM
Oct 2022
this was really a masterpiece of an episode I almost cried I am more invested than ever
Sep 22, 9:43 AM
Aug 2024
AMAZING. I truly never seen an episode so action packed while also revealing so much mysteries that we pondered about. Truly spectacular.
Sep 22, 9:56 AM
Apr 2023
Truely peak episode
Sep 22, 10:03 AM
Aug 2016
Decent animation, nothing too fancy like first episode. But my god did that song at the end elevate the scene so much. Too good.
Sep 22, 10:23 AM
~KUZUNOHA~

Jan 2021
I don't really get it but Rosty seems like a secret character. And that ability seems to be rather strong.
Sep 22, 10:25 AM
Dec 2023
Again the production was great and on point. The timing was great. I love the very closeup shots on his hitomi (eyeballs).
At least some aspect of this anime is awesome.

I do think this was a good resolution. Maybe it's only me that failed to pay attetion in previous episodes, but I think this was the first time they mentioned the idea of conbining the wand and the sword. I didn't think there were even hints of such before. They inserted a flashback scene before the actual happenings but it won't help if we didn't recognised who or under what conditions did that happen. This flashback scene served more to leave a lead for further developments than to introduce the idea of combining the wand and the sword.
Additionally, they, in a way, didn't render Lihanna very well. I guess it can't be helped. Having such a kirakira character design means you can't let them become boroboro. For most characters, especially male characters, they kept their capes intact. There were sometimes holes in their inner clothings but they were not very noticable. For this reason most other characters were still kirakira. However for Lihanna, they drew holes on her stockings, which were very noticable thanks to the high contrast between black stockings and light skin colour. This made her exceptionally boroboro.
Plus that they didn't pour as many resources into this most important episodes. It would be better if they could move some resouces from some early-mid episodes like eposide 3, 4 or similar to this episode so that there are fewer sakuga hōkai in this episode.

LilyVarbik said:
he needs a whole harem, can't just have Elfie showering and sleeping with him nightly.
Ha!
Maybe it is because Elfie didn't show up as much in the season that I feel the same. For real.
AkaseakaSep 22, 10:41 AM
Sep 22, 10:27 AM
Sep 2024

19 / 5,000
It was extremely epic
Sep 22, 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
It was a great episode, I’m just getting tired of the bad character writing especially the male characters Sion and Julius and their ego pride bs. It’s so forced. Great battles and animations though.
Sep 22, 10:34 AM
Jul 2024
He said the Thing! He said the Thing! ROFLMAO. Great episode. Though I hate the cliffhanger.
Sep 22, 11:10 AM

May 2021
kinda good ep but there is a lot of 'character-off-model', the floor looked quite jarring, stiff movements, and still frames. animation fell short compared to some of the previous eps. can't believe that TNK apparently sb this ep by how subpar it looks! but the last 5 mins... man it gave me goosebumps, everything clicked.

hope they fix this (potentially) 10/10 episode in the blu-ray!!! (YOSHIO WHERE ARE YOUUUU)
Sep 22, 11:16 AM
Sep 2015
I'm too late to the party but not too late to say that this is a beautiful episode.
Sep 22, 11:25 AM
Jan 2023
this episode was banger 🔥. curious to know about his roommate and his past.
Sep 22, 11:30 AM
Oct 2018
Nice battle i love it
Sep 22, 11:35 AM
Mar 2024
Amazing Soundtrack and animation
Sep 22, 12:04 PM
Sep 2024
Absolute Cinema!!
Sep 22, 12:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Meh, just one cliché after another. If you enjoy your Gary Stu's, this is your anime.

@hikikodokumori Nah, you're not alone in not drinking the kool-aid. That said, it's inevitable to be in a minority. Remember, in MAL as long as the show has great animation and "epic"/"hype" music, it's a masterpiece.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 22, 12:46 PM
Dec 2021
Woow!! What a greaat episode!!! <3 I love it!!

Sep 22, 12:47 PM
Feb 2023
Epiiiic Ignis Wis
Sep 22, 12:49 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi has leveled up with the wand and sword
Mar 2015
Our boi has leveled up with the wand and sword
Oct 2022
Casually drop a finale level episode as the penultimate of the season.

Did I see Elfie's mom battered and bruised in those clips? like the event that would get her in the same orphanage as Will?
Sep 22, 12:59 PM

Mar 2021
I like the concept of 'wand and sword' that they showed here, with showing that sword has the ultimate range, and wand has the ultimate power, so together they deal the ultimate damage with power that's unleashed from within the enemy's body when they're slashed. Hitting them right at their core.

Real talk though, the secret of the Ice Clone technique is kinda useless when the person using the main body can just do the chant in hiding anyways. And Will let go of his sword for no reason than to show the sick synergy with Colette's earth sword (ngl that was still cool as hell anyways).
Sep 22, 1:15 PM
Apr 2010
We finally getting somewhere with the story. I wanna know about where this power comes from
Sep 22, 1:22 PM
Jan 2022
Episode 11 of Wistoria: Wand and Sword delivers a breathtaking blend of emotional depth, thrilling action, and stunning animation that keeps viewers on the edge of their seats. As the penultimate episode of the season, it masterfully sets the stage for an epic finale while deepening character arcs and exploring complex themes.

The episode opens with a heart-wrenching moment as our protagonist faces the consequences of past decisions. The emotional stakes are palpable, and the voice acting shines, bringing every nuance to life. We see not just the growth of our hero but also the resilience of their friends, creating a powerful sense of camaraderie that resonates throughout the episode.

Action sequences are a standout highlight, showcasing beautifully choreographed battles that blend magic and swordplay. The animation quality remains top-notch, with vibrant colors and fluid movements that make each clash feel exhilarating. The creativity in the use of magic is particularly impressive, as we witness new spells that expand the lore of the world, leaving viewers eager to learn more.

One of the most compelling aspects of this episode is the moral ambiguity it presents. Characters are faced with difficult choices that challenge their beliefs and friendships, leading to some shocking revelations. These moments of introspection add layers to the story, encouraging viewers to reflect on their own values and decisions.

The pacing is spot-on, balancing intense action with quieter, character-driven moments that allow for emotional catharsis. The music, as always, enhances the atmosphere beautifully, with sweeping scores that amplify both tension and tenderness.

As we approach the season finale, Episode 11 leaves us with a cliffhanger that is both exhilarating and nerve-wracking. It raises the stakes in a way that ensures viewers will be counting down the days until the next episode.
Sep 22, 1:26 PM

Nov 2013
One asspull after another. Plot armor tougher than vibranium. But it looks cool and I want more.
Sep 22, 1:48 PM

Sep 2014
"Its wand and sword"
Insert the writing on fire meme here

Good episode though, once again I have to say the worldbuilding seems really interesting and is the strongest part of this story potentially.

Rostys "roommate" energy is too strong, he solos half the dungeon just to give Will an opportunity to drop the title.

Surely fighting a dozen monsters which they soloed before would be easier than taking on the boss?

Comander-07Sep 22, 1:52 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 22, 2:22 PM

Jul 2017
It was more generic than I expected...
At least there was something interesting about what seems to be Will's mother?
Sep 22, 2:37 PM
Jan 2022
great how the OST helps make this even better
Sep 22, 3:02 PM

Jun 2024
Another really good episode here.
The face the everyone decided to follow Will shows just how far he has come.
He came up with some great plans.
The finishing scene was awesome.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Sep 22, 3:03 PM
Jan 2021
The story is on the generic side, and moving pretty quick, but it's not bad. The animation is great & the story, while generic, isn't a bad one so far.
Sep 22, 3:12 PM

Dec 2015
Yooooo what an amazing episode!!!! Loved everything about this fight, especially Will's last two attacks with Collet's earth sword and Will's sword enveloped with Sion's fire magic!! Not entirely sure how Rosty throwing a shard of ice to Will helped him remember/come up with that final attack, but hey happy that everything worked out in the end! Here's hoping we get to see Will's sword combined with other types of magic from this group going forward (maybe in a potential season 2?)
Sep 22, 3:15 PM
Mar 2021
for people who love to criticize about logic, dialogue, and plot. It's not recommended. But for someone like me, who just wants to watch for pleasure, it's entertaining enough, and I'm not dissatisfied at all. (Ah, the man & man scene lil bit dissatisfied me.) I hope anybody who criticizes this anime so badly can create better anime/comic himself lmao. 
Sep 22, 3:33 PM
Apr 2023
ABSOLUTE CINEMA!!!
Sep 22, 4:21 PM
Dec 2017
a trilha sonora, a animação, o momento tudo, pqp perfeito.
Sep 22, 4:46 PM

Jul 2023
This is its best episode yet. Whilst these are pretty standard for action anime, it does comment on the Japanese's emphasis on team work as well as synergy. It's not wand or sword. It is wand AND sword.
Sep 22, 5:20 PM
Jul 2024
Wonder of that crystal was just a hint for Will (or a sealed memory?) or a consumable.

As for the fight itself, what in the world happen to Will's movement towards the end? Unless he can suddenly fly while using Wis, the animation tanked while he moved all over without touching any surfaces.
Sep 22, 5:30 PM

Aug 2020
This is the first anime in a while that has got me feeling this hyped. This episode was so good. I might just read the manga to see what happens. What exactly did Will do though with the scord?

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 22, 5:31 PM
Aug 2020

Its horrible that they defeated one of the strongest monsters in the verse so easily, full plot armor. No one in the group has died... seems like a joke to me.
Sep 22, 6:28 PM
Aug 2018
Absolute cinema !
Sep 22, 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
this shit was so ass man lol i was gonna be happy seeing them all work together and maybe have it retreat or stall enough time for the teachers to get there but nah they really did end it with Will getting a magic awakening with some help of his wife and job changed to a magic knight was enough to grant this insanely powerful iron sword ? enough power to just cut the duke in half which up to this point he was cool as hell and way too strong but went out way easier than i was hoping

this really is poor mans danmachi season 4 the same author did it so much better there, the sense of threat and chance of survival seems so small and much more believable granted thats been built on years of already known characters
Sep 22, 7:44 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
What an amazing episode - loved where they went with it
Sep 22, 8:23 PM

Sep 2015
I would have preferred if the final blow was more a team effort. I mean it was but Will took too much of the spotlight.
Also i feel like the animation is a bit lacking compared to previous fights. Still good though
Sep 22, 8:25 PM

Mar 2018
Why the fuck this anime has really good animation in every episode but in the one it needed the most it is was so mid???? wtf

0 emotion fight, the only boring and mid fight in this season is the one that had everything to be peak, wtf.

weird decision but ok, 5/10 episode for an 9/10 anime
MUIGaryuuSep 22, 8:29 PM
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Sep 22, 8:49 PM
Aug 2013
I love Tsue to tsurugi, I love Will, Colette and also the new group they formed with the others is great.
So what if there are other similar stories in other animes, it doesn´t mean this one is bad.
I hope it will get a new season because the episodes are addictive!
No wonder it reminded me to Danmachi at first, is the same author.
Is sad that there is only one episode left.
Great episode, I loved its music and the battle scenes!
Mione48Sep 22, 9:23 PM
Sep 22, 9:11 PM
Dec 2023
A bit on the power of friendship, like the hell. How did Rosti managed to survive while for the others they were always on the edge. So stupid.
SomeTrabucoSep 22, 9:29 PM
Sep 22, 9:26 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to hikikodokumori
Holy smokes, that was some terrible writing. Bro took 3 business days to cast that Armenta Auliscas, damn. Also, why does Wignall want to die so bad? Docking one whole grade, from 7 to 6, due to that absolutely ridiculous physics-and-logic-defying glasses breakage. Them creating a mega sword for him last second, him knowing to grab it immediately after falling through the circle, Sion who is definitely weaker than Julius, trying to charge with his Byrdelion as if there's a chance to penetrate those iron wings. My goodness, who wrote this? As soon as he said wand can't do it and sword can't do it, it was obvious what needs to be done. I don't understand how I got so pissed at this episode, but here we are.

Edit: upon reading the rest of this thread, seems like I'm the only one and this was apparently a masterpiece.
@hikikodokumori I agree with your points. Adding my two cents, I think this is inevitable with outcasts in a magic school/ fantasy setting, you kind of need ass pulls to move it forward.
Sep 22, 9:54 PM

Nov 2021
BEST episode of this show by a long shot. The music at the end was so epic
Sep 22, 10:22 PM
Aug 2021
This was cinema!!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29

120 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 3:07 PM

» The plot of this show is just repeating itself

SoupEnergy - Sep 9

42 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Oct 14, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21

120 by Biisoo »»
Oct 14, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 14

173 by Biisoo »»
Oct 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1

121 by amirsayeed »»
Oct 12, 7:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.