Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
10 hours ago

Nov 2011
It's been awhile since Holo transformed into her wolf form but it's stil amazing to see. Elsa seems fascinated by her too while Holo shows her gentle side, even as a wolf.

Holo's emotional side was shown a lot again this episode, especially when she's alone with Lawrence. Their chemistry is complex but so important to this series. VA did an excellent job again at protraying her this season imo and there's just one episode left.
10 hours ago

May 2020
I liked how Holo in the name of intimidating Elsa and Evan about her… true form, she was kind of shown conscious about how people other than Lawrence would react to her monstrous form. Still their reactions were genuine, I mean one who doesn’t scream at the face of such a creature must be faking it. Though their escape plan really did turn out well, didn’t it? I mean that escape path conveniently leading them to a safe place, to them being almost out of that said region, everything, until…

… of course, Elsa had a change of heart and remembered running away wouldn’t make a nice conclusion to this arc.. xD Jokes aside, I can understand her, and Holo’s rage as well, when everyone did away with the escape plan. Also hey, this way Lawrence would not lose his credibility as a merchant as well going forward, which he should have, if they ran away. I mean I knew we wouldn’t resolve the matter by running away anyway. So nice plan they have going now, and tbh really looking forward to the conclusion next week.

Btw, can’t believe this is ending next week. Time flies.
10 hours ago

Feb 2019
Only one more episode left man I’m not ready for this to end at all. I need the s2 announcement..

Oh how the turns tables.. the villagers talked all that shit and were so nasty to Holo, Lawrence Evan and Elsa and look who’s coming to save the day. Elsa a much better person than me cause I would’ve let that village go to hell after the way they treated her at the end. But you know, I do respect it.

Running away was the easy choice and she’s committed to being the church leader of the village and following in her father’s footsteps, especially now that his research has been truly vindicated seeing Holo in her wolf form in the flesh. A lot of the church’s doctrine was just wrong. Rather than run from it, Elsa wants to be the change she wants to see in the world. Commendable. But her just walking away from Evan after them being in a de facto relationship made me burst out laughing 😂 like cmon at least let your bf come

On the flip side, I love Lawrence and Holo’s heart to heart as well. Awesome music from penkin and the atmosphere was top notch. This feels like her truly coming to terms with what happened to Yoitsu. No need wasting time on hypotheticals about whether or not she could beat the bear. truyeo, whether or not they deserve it, can still be saved so that’s what the focus should be. Holo’s grown a lot in this season.

Fitting that we go back to basic trade policy to end the season off on lol. Buy low, sell high. Using the seeds should be the miracle Truyeo needs.
Marinate10167 hours ago
9 hours ago

Jul 2024
The two young ones curled up in Holo’s tail.
“I feel like I have become a mother”

“There will be no pain” Holo is such a troll.

Holo undressing, so damn sexy even with mostly just hair and fur shown.
Lord Cruelty V
"But my Dreams they're not as empty, as my conscience seems to be"
8 hours ago
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Useless one. Go away to just come back again :D
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
8 hours ago
Shingster

Jun 2015
They sure ended up in a area that had quite the view. Riding a giant holo's gotta be a new exp for them. Still in that form Holo does kinda resemble a mother i guess. Thinking up false claims and then labelling innocents as evil with it is the bread and butter when it comes to churches. Powerful as Holo is even she is not invincible. Quite curious to see how this miracle would work and how it would stop the church from going along the wrong path in the finale next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
8 hours ago

Jan 2023
This part of the fourth book has always been my favorite, and I wondered how they would animate it.
Not only am I not disappointed, I'd even say it was beyond what I was hoping for: very beautiful and clever animation, on top of a gorgeous soundtrack.

Holo's (first) transformation (of the episode) in particular looked really neat -probably my favorite in the entire series to be honest- and was also very atmospheric.
The entire episode felt very atmospheric actually, between their slow walk in the foggy and cold forest, their talks, and the worrying/sinister march of the people bringing back the wheat.
This kind of pace is my favorite for Spice and Wolf.
But my favorite moment has to be this heart to to heart talk between Holo and Lawrence, when she expresses her regrets about being unable to save her hometown, and Lawrence making her feel better in his own way.

Nice to see Elsa determined to save the villagers, despite what they did to her.
The four of them have a plan it seems, let's see how this will turn out :)

Very good episode, I liked it a lot!

7 hours ago
Aug 2022
Gotta praise the ost's this episode they were great
7 hours ago
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, they ended it right before the show starts! It’s still hard to believe we’re watching new Ookami to Koushinryou content even though we’re at the second last point, lol.

Curious to see when they’ll reveal that magic track and turn economy around. Relying on the merchant skills at the end of the day, how fitting for this show.

Looking forward to the second season announcement too! It’s 100% (or 99.9% to be exact) coming, so please don’t make us wait, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

7 hours ago
May 2022
Only one more to go. Considering the next episode's title, I would assume S2 will happen.
6 hours ago
Jul 2024
Man, I cannot believe we are nearly at the end. Say it ain't so! I need my weekly dose of Holo. Still, I would be surprised if there had been anything to save in that village. Most Middle Age Churches would have sent for the Inqusition.
6 hours ago

Jul 2017
The escape gets underway, and lo and behold that the church passage which was once Truyeo's place to hiberate and pray for blessings, the gods really smiled at Lawrence, Holo, Elsa and Evan for the den that humans will never dare to enter, bringing them back to Evan's mill. Now comes the hard part, having Holo transform into her wolf self to ensure their escape, and both humans seeing her for the first time, Father Franz's fairy tale is truly not just real, but a sight to behold. But as much as Holo created a space for their escape, it doesn't take long for Enberch to start their sortie returning all the poisoned Ridelius' Hellfire wheat to Tereo, and every decision undertaken now is of utmost importance.

Elsa questioning Holo of her god-like wolf form, and if she's truly the saviour of their pagan village, as well as Father Franz's testimony, the answers naturally come to her after the clarification, and her deciding to still hold the Tereo church's fort strong with Evan chasing after her, it felt like all of Holo's efforts this time were all for naught. Such as with the case of the Moon-Hunting Bear after she left Yoitsu, it may be a coincidence of her survival thus far, but unless returning to the village grants them a miracle, they would be labelled as heretical with the Enberch Church not believing them. And true as it seems, Holo's miracles indeed gave the last-ditch effort for Lawrence to operate his merchant skills to help both Elsa and Evan get the issue out of their rut.

All is resting on the finale to see how this situation turns out, and pray tell of Season 2 to continue the remake...
5 hours ago

Dec 2013
I liked a lot this episode, the town doesn't deserve to be saved but oh well, I'm glad Holo and Lawrence are helping just because of Elsa and Evan, it gives me so much anxiety every time we get to see the pouch full of Holo¿s wheat and when she eats a few of it, I'm always worried they will drop it or it will run out.
4 hours ago
Oct 2016
After all that running to get away from the village and leave those vial people to the fate they themselves so desperately wanted, they all just turn back. Maybe this is me being cruel but I gotta be honest, idk why Elsa wanted to go back so badly. It doesn't make sense. Why does she want to protect the villagers when they literally just ran her out of town. They were beating down that church door trying to kill her and Evan. All because of some made up bullshit from the big city that just wanted the deal redone and was looking for an excuse. I really don't understand peoples loyalty to their so called hometown when that hometown has done nothing but discriminate against you. Holo has an actual good reason to want to return to her hometown, it got destroyed a long time ago and she wants to see if there's anything left. She's not foolishly trying to save the people that cast her out. Honestly I say let the church do what it wants to do, which now I can't believe I'm saying that but still. Whether its now or years from now that village will be labeled as pagans and rolled over by the almighty church. Holo miracle, which I'm assuming is making the seeds grow into full plants, could not even work. Lawrence was right that if Holo killed those men with spears an entire army would be summoned. It would only escalate the situation. Should've just cut it and ran.
4 hours ago
Mar 2023
I already know that clip of Elsa and Evan on holo’s back is gonna be a meme template😭
Great episode though especially the ost
4 hours ago
May 2017
Another excellent episode!

Too much cuteness coming from only one she-wolf...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
3 hours ago
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Can’t say I’m pleased with Elsa’s decision to go back to the village, they really had me thinking they were definitely running and that village was fucked, and they even got pretty far before Elsa decided to go back, but I guess it wouldn’t be that exciting of a finale if they just left and that’s it so I get why things turned out this way, especially when you consider Elsa’s place in all this in regards to the whole pagan gods and the church’s god. Also, they never did run into that snake, I really wanted to see a big Anaconda style mf but they never did, oh well, performing a miracle is cool too, where’s Queen when you need them lol.

My favorite part of the episode tho was definitely nude Holo’s emotional outburst on top of Lawrence, she’s hot for sure but the scene managed to be taken seriously despite that, although I did catch Lawrence smiling when they zoomed out once lol. But yeah it’s nice that she’s now accepted what happened at Yoitsu, Lawrence could have ended up with a chunk taken out of him but he helped his giant wolf girl through it. And we just have one more episode left, it’s always crazy when a 2-cour show ends because it’s one you could rely on for half the year but then there’s just no more, but I’m excited to see the finale and hopefully a Season 2 comes afterward, would be a shame if the remake stopped here, let’s go full Fruits Basket with this!
2 hours ago

Dec 2010
This arc is almost finished and I still do not know why people were so happy about this arc. I still feel like I like the original more.
This arc was not as impactful as the previous one, maybe next week will change my feelings.
2 hours ago

Jul 2022
I couldn't help but have some strange thoughts watching Elsa and Evan riding on Holo's back, especially with the sounds of the speed at which she was moving. Me and my sick mind.

It was a great episode. I didn't expect them to return at this point, but it's clearly the path with the least regrets. Elsa, with her strong sense of belonging to the village, and Evan, driven by his obvious love for her, even considered taking drastic measures like killing the people of Enberch with Holo's help. I think Holo wouldn't have agreed, as it would ruin Lawrence's reputation.

The best part was definitely Holo's reaction to Elsa's determination to return and help what she sees as her home since childhood. Holo's anger wasn't directed at Elsa but at herself, as she felt guilty for not being able to return to Yoitsu to help. She identified with Elsa's situation, which is why she wanted to help, though not without taking out her frustrations on poor Lawrence, almost crushing him to the ground. Luckily, Lawrence knew exactly what to say, which gave her the confidence she needed. The thought-provoking nature of this episode was profound, and Kevin Penkin's beautiful score perfectly captured the emotions of the scene.
2 hours ago
Oct 2020
Ok looks like they're about to perform some miracles
51 minutes ago
Dec 2020
Really liked the episode overall. Althought I didn't quit understand the whole Holo rage with Lawrence, it seemed sort of out of the gate and looked like she could kill him, I didn't like the violent way she handled it at all. I mean, if Lawrence hadn't said the right words at the moment, what would she do? Kill him? It looked like she would. And Lawrence for some reason was ok with it. I don't know, the whole situation just felt strange to me.
GuilhermeCRF189543 minutes ago

More topics from this board

» LN material

seasonanimes_ - 7 hours ago

2 by sailaway30 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2

40 by Magicmist »»
4 hours ago

» About the adaptation

TEMPEST_1 - 8 hours ago

26 by TEMPEST_1 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9

40 by uNs7oPPaBL3 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29

64 by Traksis »»
Today, 4:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.