Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 12, 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
Oh boy, Yuta got confronted straight up about his feelings for Saki. It definitely sets up for an emotional tone for the season finale.

Saki's character didn't really change much although it's still interesting that they decided to get into the pair's relationship after so many moments in this season. Regardless though, he definitely cares about Saki. Speaking of Saki, it seems we got more details about Saki's personal and academic life. Pretty interesting to see the direction of where Sakis future will go.
Stark700Sep 12, 5:47 AM
Sep 12, 5:44 AM
Oct 2023
Did saki reject that other dude in the previous episode in the light novel just wanna know guys
Sep 12, 5:59 AM

Apr 2010
Saki going to the open day of the university of Shiori was interesting to see, that professor had an interesting look on life giving Saki some advice.
The teacher parent meeting for funny with how Akiko was talking to Yuuta afterwards, it was also nice to see that despite having a reputation because of her looks that the teacher looked being those rumours.
The question is how will the last episode go seeing as there is still a lot that can happen.
Sep 12, 6:07 AM
May 2022
I really dislike how forced everything feels especially Saki interacting with everyone. I get it’s supposed to be a realistic depiction of what happens in these situations but I think the audience wants them to be at the point already where they’re about to confess and get together, not pushing each other further away and about to be stolen away by others.
Sep 12, 6:33 AM
Mar 2024
ajw215799 said:
I really dislike how forced everything feels especially Saki interacting with everyone. I get it’s supposed to be a realistic depiction of what happens in these situations but I think the audience wants them to be at the point already where they’re about to confess and get together, not pushing each other further away and about to be stolen away by others.

don't rush , wait till the end , the end will surprise everyone for sure
Sep 12, 6:33 AM

Apr 2014
Reply to DemonkingAK
Did saki reject that other dude in the previous episode in the light novel just wanna know guys
@DemonkingAK

Spoiler Warning
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 12, 7:03 AM

Feb 2023
I really love Akiko's energy about wanting to bond with her new step son. Him deflecting the teacher's question about her good parenting so that she doesn't have to explain the situation was nice. Just seeing the family grow together makes me really happy.

Having everyone ask Yuuta and Saki if they're in love with each other starts to get a bit weird. It feels like a very insensitive question unless they're really obvious about it. Especially with the professor who randomly starts analysing Saki's character based on the few things she heard about her.
Sep 12, 7:03 AM
Oct 2023
@AkeZZZ
Thanks man 👍👍
Sep 12, 7:13 AM
Mar 2015
Our brother and sister have been forced to begin traveling on their own paths
Sep 12, 7:14 AM
Aug 2024
yup can't wait for next and final episode which is about            and                .
Sep 12, 7:24 AM
Aug 2024
Does the anime end after the next episode or is there going to be a season 2. I haven't read the Manga or the Lightnovel
Sep 12, 7:49 AM

Jan 2024
First part was very wholesome to see Yuta finally calling Akiko "mother" and seeing how happy she was.

Using weird ethics teacher to confront Saki's feeling and make the viewers more details about her personality seemed very forced. Atleast at last that teacher gave same useful suggestion. Also was she teaching about Incest😭😭
I really like this Kaho girl, very chill and straightforward and that Frieren voice is so perfect.

Now both Yuuta and Saki wanted to build new relations to overcome and hide their mutual feelings.
With one episode to go I don't know how it will end and will it have a satisfactory ending.
But seeing the next episode preview of handholding and named " " and. " " I think I should keep expections a bit high.
Sep 12, 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
It's a total unknown since this is entirely LN territory for anime-onlies, now that the anime has surpassed the manga translations.

With the upcoming parent-teacher meeting, Taichi and Akiko work around to meet the needs of their own children. But close friends like Narasaka feeling like the stepsiblings are into each other whilst pushing others onto each other to hook them up, Yuta remains his stance that he's only related to her as much as family would allow circumstances to be. As much as Yuta's prospects are good, it's the total opposite for Saki because of her mother's work origins, though she's turned a new leaf ever since.

Saki going to Yomiuri's Tsukinomiya High School's open campus, it's a coincidence, and even more with one of her teachers of General Ethics professor Eiha Yuho sensing that something's amiss with her, and it's just as suspected that she likes Yuta in a romantic sense. But like Yuta, Saki maintains her stance that he is nothing more than her stepbrother for the 3 months they've been living together so far, and despite Eiha's interrogation, Saki has already constructed her life well ahead of her, even if it's by intentional contradiction. It's the same story between Yuta and Fujinami, though their misunderstanding is easier to be resolved, and the world out there is so large for Eiha to encourage her to see the world outside, as she accepts Saki into college and her classes.

In the end, Saki's start at Yomiuri's school gets off to a good standing, and Yuta's cram school is also going well, both people venturing on their own terms and making new connections.

That's how things should be between 17-year-old stepsiblings...or is there more of the horizon?
Sep 12, 8:00 AM
Mar 2024
KlyntarX said:
Does the anime end after the next episode or is there going to be a season 2. I haven't read the Manga or the Lightnovel

there is material for season 2 for sure, but
we don't know if they will officially announce the second season or not
Sep 12, 8:09 AM
Aug 2012
I was hoping the sensei would say it is okay since he is a step brother. This has still been one of the better romances, I will have to read the light novels though I think only 3 have been released in English so far.
Sep 12, 8:20 AM

Oct 2016
I thought we were going to get through an episode without hearing "Big Brother", FUCK. It's like I suddenly got hit by a truck.

Ever since their sibling revelation, I have been nothing but anxious watching these past few episodes, in a good way? From a storytelling perspective.

The parent-teacher meetings actually went swimmingly, nothing bad really came out of it, in fact we got something nice. Akiko being happy that Yuta finally acknowledged her as his mother.

I definitely agree with everything Professor Kudo said, like I cannot find any flaw in her logic. It could definitely be the case that Saki fell for Yuta, because he is the one closest to her, but we know that's not true, it's not just that.

Fuck, Fujinami is cute, but I really hope she did not gain any feelings for Yuta, cause I don't want anymore heartbreak here, I'm fine with her just being the tall quirky friend.

I really love how seriously they deal with this situation. Like of course, this is not something that should be encouraged, but it damn for sure is a good story to tell.

Man, I cannot wait for the last episode, but at the same time I don't want this to end, I really hope we get a second season, please Studio Deen.
Sep 12, 8:41 AM

Feb 2019
Amazing episode as per usual, but this was one of my faves. Saki and Yuta both get very good and relevant advice from the unlikeliest of sources, but how long are they going to be able to run from their true feelings?

I didn’t expect a direct confrontation from Maya like that wow! Just straight up asking Yuta if he likes Saki. Well she knows, but just seeing what he’ll say anyway. Respect to Yuta for not showing any signs of nervousness and staying composed even tho he clearly doesn’t want Saki with someone else.

Lot of good stuff in this episode, for starters I love how happy and excited Saki’s mom got when Yuta praised her in front of the teacher at PTC’s. As a step parent being accepted by your new family is everything and it was a huge relief for her you can tell.

But the second PTC with Saki’s teacher was funny as hell to me. As a teacher saying your student is nothing like the rumours is crazy 😂 you’re not even supposed to be dignifying the nasty stuff high schoolers spread around, but her heart was in the right place. Plus she gave Saki the advice of going to check out the women’s college which I think is good for her

The professor at the women’s college was eccentric as hell, and playing relationship counsellor as soon as you meet a prospective student is crazy, BUT not a single lie was told and Saki needed to hear that stuff so I’ll allow it lol. Saki telling her to call her Ayse at the end made me laugh

I think Saki and Yuta trying to live separate lives and hang with other people will bring them right back to each other in the end as they realise how they truly feel.

One episode left, I can’t believe 3 months have blown by this quickly I’m gonna be so sad to see this end but at least we have the books going strong and the anime is soaring on the charts rn so can’t be too sad.
Marinate1016Sep 12, 9:33 AM
Sep 12, 8:44 AM
Feb 2024
DemonkingAK said:

I don't know when that happened but it definitely happens in light novel
Sep 12, 8:55 AM

May 2019
I have mixed feelings about this episode as it appears that 3rd parties are implying that both Yuta and Saki should see other people such as Maaya with Yuta and the weird teacher with Saki although the teacher made a case for Saki being honest with herself. The teacher in particular felt random and forced as I find it hard to believe she received all of that information from Shiori about Saki and was able to decipher what's going on in a short time.

Anyways, I don't care much for Saki constantly calling Yuta her "big brother" but we'll see how this ends. On a separate note, Yuta now has another potential girlfriend in that girl he sees at the study, she seems alright.
Sep 12, 9:19 AM

Jul 2023
Nice that Akiko went there for both.

Mikawaghost said that Shiori's professor was omitted in one scene, but it was probably worth it. Her conversation with Saki convinced me that she's quite a character. Finally, she has someone to talk about her feelings. Apparently, Shiori is rooting for both of them.

But if they are exploring relations with other people and are deifting apart, something dramatic must happen in episode 12 to get back to an Ayase and Yūta romantic track.
Sep 12, 9:27 AM

Jul 2021
WaterMage said:
Using weird ethics teacher to confront Saki's feeling and make the viewers more details about her personality seemed very forced.

Yeah, a real bum note there. The teacher felt like a character that walked in from a different show; she's basically the teacher from Oregairu, with the tie and the lab coat even, except that this character has no character, knows nothing about Saki and really has nothing to do with her. She made some good points, but I was annoyed by how she made definitive statements and gave advice no one asked for, after analyzing Saki from second-hand information and her own Sherlock Holmes-level observation skills.

It's nice that a third-party directly addressed the relationship and Saki's feelings, but this ain't it. I think it would've worked better if someone from Saki's sphere did it, like Shiori-senpai or a new homeroom teacher character.

On a related note, I don't like Maaya as a character that much either. She also feels like a very "anime" character from a different show, compared to other characters that feel more "realistic" and down-to-earth. Again, reminded of Yui from Oregairu a little, and again, that show has a very different tone from this one.

The parent-teacher interview with the stepmom and the cram school girl were nice, and I'd like to see more of that kind of thing. Too bad the next episode is the last one.
Sep 12, 9:35 AM

Aug 2022
As time goes by, both of them start to have their own busy lives.

Saki is now starting to plan her college, and coincidentally the same campus as Shiori. It's also interesting what the teacher said to Saki, in the end Saki has to interact with many people so that if only she finds a boyfriend. But I don't think it will be that fast and maybe it will take time, especially since she just met Yuuta a few months ago.

RafaBryanSep 12, 9:40 AM
Sep 12, 9:51 AM
Jul 2024
damn. It hurts.
I don't have anything to say more than this.😔
Sep 12, 9:53 AM
Jul 2024
I'm just happy to see Yomiuri-senpai again
Sep 12, 9:57 AM
Sep 2024
Things are heating up, but I think Saki misunderstood what the teacher said
Sep 12, 10:00 AM
Aug 2024
Reply to Ahmedpower
KlyntarX said:

there is material for season 2 for sure, but
we don't know if they will officially announce the second season or not
@Ahmedpower So there is a chance that they'll make one. Thats good to hear.
Sep 12, 10:08 AM

Oct 2017
They are both drifting apart slowly or thats what this episode is suggesting atleast. Just hope Eiha sensei didn't leave Saki confused. Liking Kaho, she's pretty and tall and also seems interesting. Just one more episode to go, finale should be good?
MegamiRemSep 19, 5:58 AM
Sep 12, 10:11 AM
Jan 2024
Taking some micro plastics with a side of nutrients lemme reserve my seat. watched this episode gimme a few days
WhisperingCloud9Sep 14, 11:02 AM
Sep 12, 10:23 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to perseii
WaterMage said:
Using weird ethics teacher to confront Saki's feeling and make the viewers more details about her personality seemed very forced.

Yeah, a real bum note there. The teacher felt like a character that walked in from a different show; she's basically the teacher from Oregairu, with the tie and the lab coat even, except that this character has no character, knows nothing about Saki and really has nothing to do with her. She made some good points, but I was annoyed by how she made definitive statements and gave advice no one asked for, after analyzing Saki from second-hand information and her own Sherlock Holmes-level observation skills.

It's nice that a third-party directly addressed the relationship and Saki's feelings, but this ain't it. I think it would've worked better if someone from Saki's sphere did it, like Shiori-senpai or a new homeroom teacher character.

On a related note, I don't like Maaya as a character that much either. She also feels like a very "anime" character from a different show, compared to other characters that feel more "realistic" and down-to-earth. Again, reminded of Yui from Oregairu a little, and again, that show has a very different tone from this one.

The parent-teacher interview with the stepmom and the cram school girl were nice, and I'd like to see more of that kind of thing. Too bad the next episode is the last one.
perseii said:
like Shiori-senpai

The teacher pressumbely got info about these siblings from Shiori. This paints Shioiri (a genuinely good person imo) in a bad light talking about their co workers to her teachers. Shiori should be the one giving Saki these suggestions and making her feelings known (to us) not her teacher. Even Maaya could be better although out of character. I do think if they are going the jealousy route both should feel it not only Saki. Both should be with different person so I don't mind Maaya hooking up Saki.
Again the preview seemed very intresting I think something big going to happen next episode we might not even get jealousy detour.
Sep 12, 10:29 AM
Jul 2024
Vaturna said:
I really love Akiko's energy about wanting to bond with her new step son. Him deflecting the teacher's question about her good parenting so that she doesn't have to explain the situation was nice. Just seeing the family grow together makes me really happy.

Having everyone ask Yuuta and Saki if they're in love with each other starts to get a bit weird. It feels like a very insensitive question unless they're really obvious about it. Especially with the professor who randomly starts analysing Saki's character based on the few things she heard about her.

I had my high school social studies/sciences teacher almost immediately upon getting into her class ask me similar questions in regards to my Step-Sister (And no, there was nothing like this anime 🤣). But it made for an awkward encounter for my first one on one time with the teacher. In her case I think she was more interested in the dynamics of life changes like that at the age we were at the time, since she did teach psychology and sociology. So this scene was kinda funny to me.
Sep 12, 10:35 AM
Jul 2024
WaterMage said:
perseii said:
like Shiori-senpai

The teacher pressumbely got info about these siblings from Shiori. This paints Shioiri (a genuinely good person imo) in a bad light talking about their co workers to her teachers. Shiori should be the one giving Saki these suggestions and making her feelings known (to us) not her teacher. Even Maaya could be better although out of character. I do think if they are going the jealousy route both should feel it not only Saki. Both should be with different person so I don't mind Maaya hooking up Saki.
Again the preview seemed very intresting I think something big going to happen next episode we might not even get jealousy detour.

I don't think personally it is a bad light for Shiori. The professor said she was careful with details. So I think she was talking to someone about it out of worry or care for them, but didn't expect Saki to show up or the professor to deduce it so fast.

I feel it shows her as a good Senpei to her book store buddy, and maybe Saki.
Sep 12, 10:46 AM
Feb 2021
Nirabu said:
DemonkingAK said:

I don't know when that happened but it definitely happens in light novel

guy up there marked it as a spoiler but i don’t really think it’s much of one. he said we’ll see it in the
Sep 12, 10:46 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to WaterMage
perseii said:
like Shiori-senpai

WaterMage said:
Shiori should be the one giving Saki these suggestions and making her feelings known (to us) not her teacher.

Agreed. But now that I think about it, she's not exactly a neutral party, since she has some affection for Yuuta. She may not be able (or want) to give good relationship advice, or at least the viewer may suspect her of having ulterior motives... But she's still a better choice than some college professor, for sure.

Maybe the professor will become a recurring character and Saki (and us) will grow to understand and like her more.

WaterMage said:

If that happens, then the show would've introduced "I should meet more people and figure out how I feel" and in one episode reverted back to "I should listen to how I feel and go back to my stepsibling." That would be an odd story choice...
Sep 12, 10:47 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to KWilke
WaterMage said:
perseii said:
like Shiori-senpai

I don't think personally it is a bad light for Shiori. The professor said she was careful with details. So I think she was talking to someone about it out of worry or care for them, but didn't expect Saki to show up or the professor to deduce it so fast.

I feel it shows her as a good Senpei to her book store buddy, and maybe Saki.
@KWilke idk why will I allowed literal no one come out of no where to lecture me about my feelings and about my brother. Atleast for me I take offense if my relationship are being discussed to various people by someone who I trust(Shiroi).
I like Shiori and I just want her to be written in a better way. This entire ethics teacher debacle is my first and only nitpick about entire show so far.
Sep 12, 10:57 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to perseii
WaterMage said:
Shiori should be the one giving Saki these suggestions and making her feelings known (to us) not her teacher.

Agreed. But now that I think about it, she's not exactly a neutral party, since she has some affection for Yuuta. She may not be able (or want) to give good relationship advice, or at least the viewer may suspect her of having ulterior motives... But she's still a better choice than some college professor, for sure.

Maybe the professor will become a recurring character and Saki (and us) will grow to understand and like her more.

WaterMage said:

If that happens, then the show would've introduced "I should meet more people and figure out how I feel" and in one episode reverted back to "I should listen to how I feel and go back to my stepsibling." That would be an odd story choice...
perseii said:

I mean they can skip the misunderstanding and drama a bit short or they just can't straight up ignore them(very very unlikely currently). Now I think about it maybe nothing will happen because last episode will also have dairy sequence so they have 10-13 min of new events or maybe they won't do those anymore cause Saki thrown/locked her dairy.
Should be intresting. Just don't leave on cliffhanger and never do a season 2.
Sep 12, 11:07 AM
Jul 2024
@watermage Yeah, that would be (and is) off putting.

I see what you're saying, I just kinda feel that she talked to the professor discreetly out of concern for her friend. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now. But she is my favorite character... 😂

If I was Saki I would be in the same boat as she was at the beginning of their conversation, flat out saying that she didn't think she liked her. But I think Saki saw that as blunt and assertive as the professor was it seemed to come from a place of concern for Saki. The fact she didn't know Saki by name shows Shiori took care in being discreet.

It will be interesting if she becomes a recurring character.

As much as I have loved this anime and been ok with it being a slow burn, I do really want them to just confess to each other. While there is a taboo for dating a step sibling, being only around each for 3 months I think makes it less of a stigma. My biggest curiosity would be how their parents handled it if they knew.
Sep 12, 11:22 AM
Jan 2022
i m not liking this possible end… really bad end
Sep 12, 12:23 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to KWilke
@watermage Yeah, that would be (and is) off putting.

I see what you're saying, I just kinda feel that she talked to the professor discreetly out of concern for her friend. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now. But she is my favorite character... 😂

If I was Saki I would be in the same boat as she was at the beginning of their conversation, flat out saying that she didn't think she liked her. But I think Saki saw that as blunt and assertive as the professor was it seemed to come from a place of concern for Saki. The fact she didn't know Saki by name shows Shiori took care in being discreet.

It will be interesting if she becomes a recurring character.

As much as I have loved this anime and been ok with it being a slow burn, I do really want them to just confess to each other. While there is a taboo for dating a step sibling, being only around each for 3 months I think makes it less of a stigma. My biggest curiosity would be how their parents handled it if they knew.
@KWilke I don't think they gonna speedrun their acceptance of feeling for eachother and confess in last episode so it's a bit far off(if we get sequel in the first place). Something may happen based on the preview but also may not.
Sep 12, 12:35 PM
Jul 2024
Agreed, just wishful thinking.

If they did confess, my guess is the dad would be weirded out by it, Saki's mom though...
KWilkeSep 12, 12:41 PM
Sep 12, 12:49 PM
Dec 2021
I don't like where this is going, if anything i don't want it to end like domestic girlfriend anime ended
Sep 12, 1:33 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I think they are trying really hard to be special with this story.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 12, 1:51 PM
Jan 2023
the next chapter will be absolute cinema
Sep 12, 1:54 PM

Nov 2017
Exploration of complex emotions is bread an butter for this story, right?
Sep 12, 2:29 PM
Oct 2022
ItsAmsyar said:
yup can't wait for next and final episode which is about            and                .

I found that interesting that they don’t give anything away
Sep 12, 3:04 PM
Jan 2022
I also want a sexy stepsister.
Sep 12, 3:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Parent-teacher meetings went smoothly which was nice to see, I thought for a second Yuuta was gonna explain that he with his stepmom but he actually made it look like she was his biological mom, and although not true it was a very sweet moment, stepmomma’s reaction afterward was wholesome even if it was off screen lol. Also nice getting to see Kaho again, tall glasses cutie becoming friends with Yuuta is an epic win, I can see potential heartbreak in the future with her which would be some tasty drama, but I like this girl a lot already and would hate to see her that way so I’d have to say no to wincest at that point, hoping for her sake she don’t fall for this sister loving man.

But the 2nd half of the episode was where things got a bit weird, so you’re telling me Shiori has been telling her teacher about Yuuta and Saki’s relationship and now she all the sudden knows all about Saki? First off, pretty odd of Shiori to do that, and secondly it didn’t really feel right for some random college professor to tell Saki all this stuff, like yeah it was great words of advice but not something I would think is a good first interaction with a new teacher or something she should be hearing from someone she first met at all lol, I agree with some others here that this would have made more sense coming from Maaya or Shiori herself. But, it is what it is, that along with Yuuta and Kaho hitting it off means good things for the step siblings, they’re getting closer to just a normal brother and sister, but are they? Oh damn, this show is pretty good lol. And with just one episode left titled “and” (you can really feel the art in this title) I really am curious as to how this will end, hopefully a Season 2 is a possibility but whether there is or not, I will miss this chill show in the summer.
Sep 12, 5:47 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to nagars
I don't like where this is going, if anything i don't want it to end like domestic girlfriend anime ended
@nagars Well, that won't happen because Saki isn't Yuuta's teacher. Or a loose drunk. ROFLMAO. And please don't bring up that train wreck again.
Sep 12, 6:59 PM
Aug 2024
Reply to SaltyMagistrate
ItsAmsyar said:

I found that interesting that they don’t give anything away
@SaltyMagistrate fr bro
Sep 12, 7:09 PM
Nov 2020
Alfredo-Sauce said:
I have mixed feelings about this episode as it appears that 3rd parties are implying that both Yuta and Saki should see other people such as Maaya with Yuta and the weird teacher with Saki although the teacher made a case for Saki being honest with herself. The teacher in particular felt random and forced as I find it hard to believe she received all of that information from Shiori about Saki and was able to decipher what's going on in a short time.

Anyways, I don't care much for Saki constantly calling Yuta her "big brother" but we'll see how this ends. On a separate note, Yuta now has another potential girlfriend in that girl he sees at the study, she seems alright.

I think the teacher had a vague idea what was going on and deduces the rest on her own and from Sakis response to her questions. She did say that Shiori didn’t tell her much and that she is generally private about stuff. At least that’s what I took away from it. The teacher is definitely weird but it didn’t bother me.
Sep 12, 7:15 PM

Dec 2021
For a 'weird teacher' as she put it, she at least finally gave Saki that answers she's been yearning for so longingly now.

And yeah, maybe this is how it should be between stepsiblings... who knows what'll happen next episode as the finale..

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

170 by basspig »»
Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5

60 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 13, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29

116 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22

78 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15

91 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Oct 12, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.