Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 28, 8:04 PM

Apr 2022
oh shit welcome back megumi. yuji finally ended sukuna kaisen (even tho i was kinda hoping he wouldn't) but i wasn't a fan of that anticlimactic uraume conclusion at all. not the note from gojo tho lmao. and we have break next week.
ryzxgumAug 28, 9:02 PM
Aug 28, 8:17 PM

Jun 2020
Uruame's death was lame, Gege really wrote himself into a corner with that fight. I'm just glad that the trio (mainly Yuji) are alive and healthy. It feels kind of surreal that Sukuna is dead now. This is the kind of chapter where it's best to wait for good TLs to have real thoughts imo.
DumbAug 28, 8:25 PM
Aug 28, 8:29 PM

Dec 2021
So it all comes full circle in the end, drawing that parallel from Shibuya with Itadori looking down on Sukuna as he’s finally defeated eh.

Might be cope, but hear me out. Last chapter Nobara. This chapter Fushiguro. Next chapter Gojou???? /s

Aug 28, 8:50 PM
Jun 2021
What a tank Sukuna was, ran a damn gauntlet through everyone, this is really the end I guess. Damn.
Aug 28, 9:30 PM
Dec 2022
ITS FINALLY OVER RAAAAAA
finally get to see Hakari and Uruame again LMAO what a boring defeat though wish we actually saw more fight

cant believe megumi made it out not in a wheelchair gojo note crazy

This shit was peak tho I LOVE HAKARI!!!
wallus81Aug 29, 11:11 AM
Aug 28, 9:30 PM

Jun 2019
Everything's being wrapped around quickly. Man, I'm gonna miss this thrill so much. Waiting for the chapters like this and see everyone argue about it and be hyped about it. Probably the most fun I ever had reading a weekly series like that.

The fight comcluded even Hakari and Uraume one as well. All three goobers are now together which makes me happy. I never thought that would happen but here we are. Gojo's letters were precious. But, Yuta's fate is still unknown. We'll have to wait for that.
Aug 28, 10:10 PM

Jun 2014
It's surreal to finally see Sukuna defeated, but we made it. Kind of funny how I'm seeing people now complaining that this was rushed after previously complaining that it was being dragged out and taking too long. Even to the very end, no one is satisfied 😂 also, reading on a weekly basis with break weeks will always make things feel like they're taking forever, but then you take a step back and realize that this Sukuna gauntlet run wasn't even 30 chapters long. From 237 to now, minus chapters 239-243 for the Takaba/Kenjaku silly-off, that comes out to 27 chapters.

Well I didn't think we'd see the main trio back together again, but they all survived. Gojo is so unserious with how he delivered the Toji news in that letter lmao. Looks like Yuta isn't totally dead yet, I wonder how that's going to play out.

Also, after nearly a year, we finally got back to Hakari vs. Uraume just for it to get off screened LOL. This is why I agree that this ending is feeling rushed, I honestly think Gege's health issues are catching up and he wants to end it now before they get worse. Hope the anime actually makes this into a fight because that was an underwhelming conclusion. Also, I guess no merger? Figured that would, idk, be the final obstacle to overcome after the way it was talked about previously. Final break week then just 3 chapters left, damn. Let's see how this all wraps up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 28, 10:59 PM
Nov 2023
so sukuna will never learn about what love is????
Aug 28, 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
uraume died just like that huh

sukuna died pathetically too

will yuta survive

at least megumi and nobara are alive them and yuji are the main trio survives
Aug 29, 12:04 AM

Oct 2023
So what exactly was the point of Yuta coming back in Gojo's body?

He landed a couple of punches, took off two of Sukuna's hands, flopped over and that was it.

The rest of the gang didn't even capitalise on the fact Sukuna couldn't use his domain. Angel's attack did nothing and Yuji landed a couple of punches before Sukuna was able to regenerate his hands.

I get that every one of Yuji's hits deals damage to the barrier between Megumi and Sukuna's soul but for all the ass pulling, the damage inflicted during that sequence seems insignificant. You could pretty much cut the entire thing out and nothing would change.

Also the whole significance of hiding the fact that Rika did not actually eat Sukuna's finger but Yuji's. It makes absolutely no difference to Sukuna and the situation at hand. Whether the finger was eaten or hidden away somewhere, Sukuna would have had no way of obtaining it.

I feel like a lot of what was going on in this last fight was completely pointless.
Aug 29, 12:11 AM
Oct 2023
Crohmwell said:

He landed a couple of punches, took off two of Sukuna's hands, flopped over and that was it.

The rest of the gang didn't even capitalise on the fact Sukuna couldn't use his domain. Angel's attack did nothing and Yuji landed a couple of punches before Sukuna was able to regenerate his hands.

I get that every one of Yuji's hits deals damage to the barrier between Megumi and Sukuna's soul but for all the ass pulling, the damage inflicted during that sequence seems insignificant. You could pretty much cut the entire thing out and nothing would change.

Also the whole significance of hiding the fact that Rika did not actually eat Sukuna's finger but Yuji's. It makes absolutely no difference to Sukuna and the situation at hand. Whether the finger was eaten or hidden away somewhere, Sukuna would have had no way of obtaining it.

I feel like a lot of what was going on in this last fight was completely pointless.

the point was to weaken him by Gojo's DE and then Hollow Purple
Aug 29, 12:19 AM
Jul 2024
Crohmwell said:

Yeah, I agree. Yuta is my favourite character, and seeing him in Gojo's body was one of my favourite parts of this entire fight, but it led to nothing, and that's beyond disappointing for me. I wish he at least fought Sukuna for longer in that form or did some significant damage to allow Yuji to finish him with his DE, but whatever. I'm just hoping they save Yuta now so my goat can have a happy ending.
Aug 29, 12:24 AM

Oct 2023
Sekuray said:
Crohmwell said:

the point was to weaken him by Gojo's DE and then Hollow Purple

Yeah but as I said, the amount of damage inflicted on Sukuna during that sequence seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things, especially from a writing perspective when Gege went as far as bringing back a Yuta possessed Gojo just for a little bit of extra damage/weakening.

The fight could and should have been a lot shorter if you remove a lot of the seemingly pointless appearances and focus more on the main cast.

For example Gojo sacrificing himself by tanking the world cutting slash to create an opening for Yuji to pummel Sukuna with black flashes and taking him out would have ended both of their arcs on a high note.

Instead, the ending we got feels very anti-climactic imo.
Aug 29, 12:50 AM

Mar 2021
ABSOLUTE ASS 🗣️💨💩💩🚽🔥

Aug 29, 12:52 AM
Nov 2023
Gege cried as he wrote ✋😔
Aug 29, 12:53 AM
Jun 2021
If this is truly the end of villains and rest of the chapters are gonna be them saving Yuta and epilogue...then I don't know man this will not feel right
Aug 29, 1:09 AM

Oct 2017
Watch GeGe bring back everyone else next chapter. Anyway the fight is finally over, thought it would never end.
Aug 29, 1:22 AM
Aug 2022
Dunno if I liked this or not lol
Aug 29, 1:29 AM
Jun 2023
Crohmwell said:

That Miguel thing was totally unnecessary and unless some plot twist happens during the last 3 chapters , it'd be one of the most lackluster endings I've read from a series that I really loved at some point .
Lots of plot points were abandoned for the sake of flashy fights after Shibuya arc.
Aug 29, 2:17 AM

Oct 2023
Miyamotodex23 said:
Crohmwell said:

That Miguel thing was totally unnecessary and unless some plot twist happens during the last 3 chapters , it'd be one of the most lackluster endings I've read from a series that I really loved at some point .
Lots of plot points were abandoned for the sake of flashy fights after Shibuya arc.

I think Gege just got lost in the Sukuna sauce at some point.

It's almost as if he was addicted to proving that Sukuna is the undisputed strongest. Everyone and their mother had to show up just to get their asses beat without achieving a whole lot while trying to maintain the illusion in universe that it was all part of these plans, back-up plans and back-up-back-up plans to chip away at Sukuna until he finally keels over.

I'm surprised there wasn't a contingent of the mythical Chinese sorcerers air dropping in just to get cut down before they even touch the ground.
Aug 29, 3:44 AM
Jul 2024
I didn’t get it guys, is SUKUNA dead or is he just alive in a weaker form now?
Aug 29, 4:14 AM
May 2021
No SUKUNA cant be dead 😭😭😭 SUKUNA KAISEN IS OVER
Aug 29, 4:37 AM
Apr 2024
wtf no kaisen
ryaa
Aug 29, 4:43 AM
Jan 2021
Pretty good wrap up considering the rush to the end (In Gege's own words). Now let's see what happening with the GOAT. He better not kill him off.
Aug 29, 5:19 AM

Dec 2018
💀💀💀💀💀💀💀
Aug 29, 5:20 AM
Feb 2022
Can someone explain to me what is Yuji's domain expansion? Did it even get explained at all? I must've missed something.
Aug 29, 5:23 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to LucisCael
Can someone explain to me what is Yuji's domain expansion? Did it even get explained at all? I must've missed something.
@LucisCael his domain expansion is to cut even souls or even control souls? i mean he got soul dismantle anyway
Aug 29, 5:30 AM
Jul 2016
hehh.. I finally feel like it's ending with Sukuna gone. now unto the what's happening to Yuta, I'm finding it hard to believe it's just some simple conclusion. probably some stupid comedic relief or replacing Tengen.
Aug 29, 6:06 AM
Jun 2021
LucisCael said:

traditional domain with sure hit ig
Aug 29, 6:07 AM
Jun 2021
Bruh after thinking about it again this chapter suddenly feels good☠️maybe I was tired of Sukuna kaisen ain't gonna lie but still I hope we get something about Merger dawg
Aug 29, 6:13 AM

Jan 2021
I have been following only the leaks of Jjk so far and this chapter just made me open the discussions. Idk but this chapter was just as low as gojo's death chapter. Absolutely ass. Sukuna's death doesn't feel right. Such a shitty way to go away. Such a waste of chapters. Megumi and Nobara are somehow still alive. Yuji somehow takes the win. Uruame and hakari were completely irrelevant. It would have been better if gege actually forgot about them. I don't know how he is going to save the series in last 4 chapters but so far, it was completely ass.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 29, 6:21 AM

Nov 2023
Damn that was a whole lot of nothing. Years of build-up so that Sukuna could die exactly like every other shounen villain. The main trio returns to normal and is acting like the last 150 chapters never happened. The Culling Games becomes nothing more than a plot point since all of Kenjaku's planning lead to literally nothing (they're genuinely a fraud). Hakari and Uraume's legendary offscreen fight. etc.

I started reading this series since everyone told me that it subverted various Shounen tropes (this was around the Shibuya arc). What a lie that was. 3/5

At the very least next chapter seems like it's going to be good. I'm expecting the chapter to be called "Heading North", referencing Gojo's conversation about heading North or South in the infamous chapter where he died "Heading South". Yuta is on his deathbed in Gojo's body so I'm expecting them to have a conversation with each other at the airport in a similar vein to Dumbeldore and Harry's conversation at the train station in The Deathly Hallows (Part 2), which leads to Yuta 'heading North'.

Wouldn't that be generic? Definitely.
Do I think it's an easy and genuinely satisfying way to give closure on Gojo's death? Yes.
HorsePersonManAug 29, 6:27 AM
Aug 29, 6:39 AM
Dec 2018
Reply to betazephaniel
hehh.. I finally feel like it's ending with Sukuna gone. now unto the what's happening to Yuta, I'm finding it hard to believe it's just some simple conclusion. probably some stupid comedic relief or replacing Tengen.
@betazephaniel Yeah, I thought of that too, maybe Fushiguro will give the merger authority to Yuta and he'll become a sort of Tengen type figure?? I kind of like this conclusion for him, I just hope Gojo is not back or Yuta simply goes back to his original body, it would cheapen so much of both Gojo and Yuta's arc.
Aug 29, 7:00 AM
Oct 2021
THIS ABSOLUTE SO ASS! 🖐️👁️👄👁️✋
Aug 29, 8:27 AM

Nov 2016
It feels underwhelming to end the great Sukuna in such unspectacular fashion. Hard to say how I truly feel about without rereading the whole fight in one go.

I'm in any case stoked for the epiplogue chapters, those are usually better anyway.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 29, 9:08 AM
Apr 2016
No way the merger plotline got scrapped entirely! Does Megumi still have authority over it? There has to be more, right? Only 3 chapters left though...
CruicruiseAug 29, 9:13 AM
Aug 29, 11:16 AM

Nov 2013
Don't know which is worse, Sukuna's end or Madara's end.
Aug 29, 11:37 AM
Nov 2021
Reply to jas-samaaa
No SUKUNA cant be dead 😭😭😭 SUKUNA KAISEN IS OVER
@jas-samaaa He got Fingered 15 times before fighting Goku
Aug 29, 11:44 AM

Aug 2023
LMAO BYE UNC 💀💀💀

Kenjaku was a way better antagonist than this binding vow merchant.
Aug 29, 12:51 PM
Jul 2024
Una muerte insulsa para el villano final, el cual ni siquiera tuvo una historia ni nada... Muy mal arco final, batalla final y todo...
Aug 29, 1:14 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Dumb
Uruame's death was lame, Gege really wrote himself into a corner with that fight. I'm just glad that the trio (mainly Yuji) are alive and healthy. It feels kind of surreal that Sukuna is dead now. This is the kind of chapter where it's best to wait for good TLs to have real thoughts imo.
@Dumb what's Tls?
Aug 29, 1:26 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to ElMauren
@Dumb what's Tls?
@ElMauren translations. People post these threads as soon as the japanese pages leak online so a lot of the dialogues may be inaccurate.
Aug 29, 5:59 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to FMmatron
It feels underwhelming to end the great Sukuna in such unspectacular fashion. Hard to say how I truly feel about without rereading the whole fight in one go.

I'm in any case stoked for the epiplogue chapters, those are usually better anyway.
@FMmatron While his passing seems rushed, I think him dying in such a way was good after reading the chapter again a couple times. Unlike Gojo who went down in a spectacular fight against someone who was stronger, Sukuna was not given that same luxury because he was truly a miserable and pathetic person.
Gojo was someone who had more to him than just his abilities and his desires, he was a selfless person that wanted to foster a generation that was stronger or just as capable as him. Whereas Sukuna would never entertain such an idea and focused only on his own selfishness.
You even see with how Gojo gets a whole chapter dedicated to his final moments with him being surrounded by his dear friends, and is at peace. Now compare that to Sukuna, who quickly vanishes as a petty and pitiable curse who's only company are those he looked down upon.
Even his parting words are those filled with spite and unrest compared to Gojo's who spoke of understanding and contentment.
Aug 29, 6:16 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to Dumb
@ElMauren translations. People post these threads as soon as the japanese pages leak online so a lot of the dialogues may be inaccurate.
@Dumb yet those immediate translations from passionate fans are often more accurate than the official viz ones we get later. we are not forgetting about werry kaisen.
Aug 29, 6:37 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to ryzxgum
@Dumb yet those immediate translations from passionate fans are often more accurate than the official viz ones we get later. we are not forgetting about werry kaisen.
@ryzxgum those Werry ones are complete ASS lol but sometimes the fans still mess up like when we all thought Sukuna was Yuji’s twin for a good hour or 2
Aug 29, 6:41 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to Dumb
@ryzxgum those Werry ones are complete ASS lol but sometimes the fans still mess up like when we all thought Sukuna was Yuji’s twin for a good hour or 2
@Dumb oh yeah i forgot about that lol but at least those fan ones get corrected sooner than later.
Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Aug 2022
As long as the trio back I don't mind but the it was anti climatic and I hope we get to see little bit of hikari n uruame fight
Yesterday, 1:40 AM
Jul 2021
RIP Sukuna. You won't be missed.

Also, welcome back Megumi (finally lol) and yeah what were Hakari and Uraume doing this whole time?? Hope we get some info on that in the next chapter.
Yesterday, 6:11 AM
Jun 2022
Next chapter: Yuta dies and Gojo comes back
Yesterday, 6:30 AM

Nov 2016
Reply to nhojn
@FMmatron While his passing seems rushed, I think him dying in such a way was good after reading the chapter again a couple times. Unlike Gojo who went down in a spectacular fight against someone who was stronger, Sukuna was not given that same luxury because he was truly a miserable and pathetic person.
Gojo was someone who had more to him than just his abilities and his desires, he was a selfless person that wanted to foster a generation that was stronger or just as capable as him. Whereas Sukuna would never entertain such an idea and focused only on his own selfishness.
You even see with how Gojo gets a whole chapter dedicated to his final moments with him being surrounded by his dear friends, and is at peace. Now compare that to Sukuna, who quickly vanishes as a petty and pitiable curse who's only company are those he looked down upon.
Even his parting words are those filled with spite and unrest compared to Gojo's who spoke of understanding and contentment.
@nhojn

Ending Sukuna like that ain't much to write home about. The climax of Demon Slayer played with irony as well.

Nobara landing a decisive blow had a stronget impact on me. But as I said, I better go over the whole thing again to see if panels and dialogue affect me differently.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» See? I told you ( 1 2 )

Nugi97 - Today

54 by Nugi97 »»
30 minutes ago

» Where to see leaks

theuperes30 - Today

11 by January_ »»
1 hour ago

» Epilogue wishlist

Dumb - Today

24 by Nugi97 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 127 Discussion

FMmatron - Oct 24, 2020

31 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 125 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2020

43 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.