Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 4, 9:36 AM
Apr 2019
Even a NauSHIKA reference!
Aug 4, 10:21 AM
Feb 2022
I wanna know where shikanoko lives.
Aug 4, 11:08 AM
Oct 2022
Absolutely hilarious. And of course, being a deer-human hybrid, that begs the question.....
Aug 4, 12:14 PM
Nov 2022
Shika, shika, shika!!
I loved the episode, this one gave me the vibe of being very similar to Nichijou, especially for handling 3 short stories in which a lot of surreal things happen, authentic cinema 🚬
Aug 4, 1:22 PM

Feb 2019
Brain rot was even stronger than normal in this episode man. We literally watched Koshitan and Neko get brain rotted out of their information gathering missions 😭

First of all bombing the school gym was utterly ridiculous and as Koshitan said “good thing this is a brain dead comedy anime” because wtf man 💀 but I’m still dying over how Koshitan intended to tail Nokotan and find out where she lives and what not only to get distracted and lost in the utter brain rot that is spending time with Nokotan. I mean blending in at the zoo as a deer and taking money from the guests is insane lmao.

It is kinda crazy that they’ve been friends for a while now and Koshitan still doesn’t know if Nokotan even has a home 😂

Then the end of the episode with Neko sneaking around trying to gather info only to be taken in by the club. There is no escape once you enter Nokotan gravitational field lmao. Poor thing got her last name deerified as well. Bashame is hilarious too man like trying to eat Nokotan’s whole hand to get those crackers is just absurd

Just a very over the top and nonsensical episode that we’ve come to know and love lol
Marinate1016Aug 4, 1:30 PM
Aug 4, 1:37 PM

Feb 2020
What the F-Bomb lol
Aug 4, 2:04 PM
Oct 2013
Yet another meh episode with even more deer cracker jokes, the dub improves the experience a lot.
Aug 4, 2:24 PM
Jul 2023
shika, shika, SHIKA!!
Aug 4, 2:45 PM

Apr 2012
Why is it that when I watch this show, I periodically feel as if I am suffering from a delusional dream during a bad cold?

@Marinate1016 The irony is that at first she didn't understand Shikotan's whining about letters to the mangaka and the studio, but then she relaxed because their show was a comedy. She knows.
RobertBobertAug 4, 2:48 PM
Aug 4, 2:49 PM

Jul 2016
Unfunny asf but brainwashed Neko is cute.
Aug 4, 2:56 PM
Jul 2024
everyone is deer now nyan
Aug 4, 3:52 PM
Nov 2019
I like to imagine whatever pops into the author’s head at that exact moment is what happens on screen.

Aug 4, 4:12 PM

Aug 2018
This is probably my favorite episode until now.
Everything I loved about this anime is here: the nonsense humor, cuteness, and kind of absurdist scenes with a lot of surprisingly good directions, I just loved it.
Aug 4, 5:14 PM
Jul 2022
The Nausicaa reference made me die laughing
Aug 4, 6:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The fight with the delinquent girls was pretty fun, I also enjoyed Nokotan’s reaction to the “love letter” beforehand, those things paired with the exploding deer antler probably made it my favorite bit of the series so far, shit exploding randomly is something I’m weak to thanks to Ranma and Urusei Yatsura so I couldn’t help but love it lol, only part I didn’t like was the “shikaaaa” music post-explosion, idk it’s hard to describe why I don’t like it but it’s just not doing anything for me, I thought the bit was already funny without it.

And then came the Koshi tailing bit, which was probably the most odd bit of the show so far, I did like the banana being in Nokotan’s antlers and when she chomped on a random girl’s hand which caused her to freak out lol, but the deer parade afterward was just kinda goofy, I did like how the bit ended tho with Koshi enjoying some Boba with Nokotan, I like when the show just goes CGDCT lol. And the last bit with Nekoyamada was pretty cute, had a feeling there wouldn’t be much recon happening, I gotta say tho it was pretty weird seeing some of the deer club activities like eating deer crackers and trying to grow antlers, ever since seeing the 2021 movie “Antlers” I do not wanna see anyone growing antlers that aren’t supposed to lol. And although Nekoyamada left on a happy note, she realized she had been had very soon after lol, hope we see more of her because I like her a lot so far.
Aug 4, 6:09 PM

May 2015
Nokotan has such a way of charming people. (Must be her antlers) Completely understandable Neko got caught up in her antics!
Aug 4, 6:48 PM

Jul 2022
Now I have to write letters to Shikanoko and send them to Kodansha by mail xDD, what a good marketing strategy. I'd love to see them receive letters and suddenly read them in an episode; that would be epic.

Koshitan and Neko are so similar that Nokotan easily manipulates them, and neither of them could get what they were looking for. It's clear that Nokotan has no weaknesses, plus she's a fugitive and can use her horns as grenades.
Aug 4, 8:17 PM
Jun 2019
I'm still laughing with the Nuke, that was 10/10
Aug 4, 8:46 PM

Mar 2008
Koshitan following Nokotan was fun. If only there was a zoo I could just go up and pet Nokotan.

I like how the deer dont even know what sounds deer make shika shika shika

If Bashame can fit a full fist in her mouth i wonder what else she does on her free time.

Poor Nekochan can't stay focused. Well she is officially a deer now though.

Side note I am curious what is in these deer crackers. Maybe I could make some?

Edit: it's rice bran, wheat and water. Same place shown in the ED clips.
https://soranews24.com/2021/07/12/this-nara-workshop-has-been-making-deer-crackers-for-more-than-100-years-and-offers-tours
traedAug 4, 8:50 PM
Aug 5, 7:58 AM
May 2023
Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer Deer
Aug 5, 9:20 AM
Aug 2023
Fight scene was so awesome ngl
Aug 5, 9:32 AM
May 2023
Very good episode, another episode that I really liked.
I love the level of sub-realism to which it scales, exploding horns (my favorite moment of the episode), breaking the 4th wall, references, etc.
You saw that I told you that he was going to end up joining the club hahaha (although it's not actually official)

PS: One of the best episodes so far
Aug 5, 12:23 PM
Jan 2021
This show is too funny
Aug 5, 1:29 PM
Jul 2024
My favorite episode so far. Lots of total nonsense humor -- my favorite kind.

I love how many ridiculous nonsense powers Nokotan's antlers keep turning out to have.
Aug 5, 4:36 PM
Dec 2020
This truly is Peak Fiction.
Aug 5, 7:54 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A better episode this week as Nokotan was finally the main focus the whole episode. The show is objectively better when she's front and center.

Neko is super cute, I'd like to see more of her too.
Aug 6, 12:31 AM

Feb 2023
Explosive antler! KA-BOOM!!

Up, up, and away!
StyxParadiseAug 6, 12:36 AM
Aug 6, 11:03 AM
Dec 2017

• Russia sometimes hides her Mi-24 Hind in anime...
  • Not sure how lightly japanese audiences will take that "Naushika of the Valley of the Hind" parody sketch, Hayao Miyazaki being a double Oscar winner living legend?
Aug 6, 11:46 AM

Apr 2013
This really is a mix of funny and boring scenes at this point, mostly I still enjoy watching it though.
Aug 7, 5:53 AM
Nov 2023
Shiiiiiiiiiiikooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Aug 7, 11:59 PM
Feb 2015
I've grown to love Deer. Perfect anime of millenium
Aug 8, 3:24 AM

Feb 2016
BEST EPISODE SO FAR, FOR REAL, ABSOLUTE PEAK CINEMA
I wanna marry Nokotan and Nekoyamada so fkng bad ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

↑ this is me btw :3 if u even care.. ^_^
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Aug 8, 4:15 AM
Sep 2018
It's interesting that they adapted the 'Koshitan tailing Nokotan' storyline here since in the manga it was one of the earlier chapters and appeared in volume 1 (if I recall, it even predates the first appearances of both Anko and Bashame).

Also, Nekoyamada was adorable.
Aug 9, 6:18 PM
Sep 2019
Nekoyama cute lets goooooooooooo
Aug 11, 8:33 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to BoyUnderSky
wait.... eps 5 out already?
I mean I can't see in cr
@BoyUnderSky crunchy roll sucks, use a pirate site and get ur episodes early
Aug 11, 8:35 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to Ventus_S
Welp, the first part of the episode is actually pretty funny.
Really didn't expect the horn to explode, which gives me a big chuckle out of it. This is the type of comedy i expect from this anime.

Sadly, same cannot be said about the other 2/3 of the episode.
I genuinely yawn while watching these one-note Deer puns type of joke.
These jokes have been overdone in the spam of 5 episodes and it's getting very boring at this point.
The problem of the show mainly lies with its jokes being too identical to each other , and the casts itself is not funny/ interesting enough.

Still not sure if i should drop this show considering there is still some tiny part of the show i find it funny.
Maybe I'd give it one more episode...
@Ventus_S yeah honestly I really hate this anime, only makes me laugh sometimes
6/10 episode
Aug 11, 10:14 AM
May 2024
Saww_Duss said:

uhmmm I'll watch rest of episodes on youtube because they have far better subtitle translations than crunchyroll ... also they are providing for free ..
Aug 11, 11:51 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Saww_Duss
@Ventus_S yeah honestly I really hate this anime, only makes me laugh sometimes
6/10 episode
@Saww_Duss After ep6 i decide to drop it.
Not like it's the worst anime of the season, it just doesn't worth my time , and even if finish it i don't think i would gain anything out of it.
It's pretty much like Suicide Squad iseki, it's not bad, it's just... mid, and i don't have time to finish all the mid shows.
That's why i dont even bother with 95% of the generic light novel isekai anime that pop up every season that basically only have one perk for their story telling. (mc is dimmed weak, then got a certain gimmick ability and turns op, sooo boring)
Ventus_SAug 11, 12:28 PM
Aug 12, 4:38 PM
Nov 2021
makes my brain go yes
Aug 13, 3:10 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Ventus_S
@Saww_Duss After ep6 i decide to drop it.
Not like it's the worst anime of the season, it just doesn't worth my time , and even if finish it i don't think i would gain anything out of it.
It's pretty much like Suicide Squad iseki, it's not bad, it's just... mid, and i don't have time to finish all the mid shows.
That's why i dont even bother with 95% of the generic light novel isekai anime that pop up every season that basically only have one perk for their story telling. (mc is dimmed weak, then got a certain gimmick ability and turns op, sooo boring)
@Ventus_S lowkey enjoying the suicide squad isekai like 10 times more than nokotan
Aug 13, 3:11 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to BoyUnderSky
Saww_Duss said:

uhmmm I'll watch rest of episodes on youtube because they have far better subtitle translations than crunchyroll ... also they are providing for free ..
@BoyUnderSky oh shit they're on youtube too?
Aug 13, 3:16 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to BoyUnderSky
Saww_Duss said:

@BoyUnderSky oh shit they're on youtube too? no way crunchyroll has this as premium when youtube has it free llmfao
Aug 14, 7:22 AM

Sep 2017
This episode was funnier
خ
Aug 19, 1:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shikano working at the zoo was hilarious, and that Neko girl isn't bad, she's improving I guess
Aug 21, 2:55 AM
Jan 2022
i can't with the animation man😂😂 it's so cute and wired at the same time I am in love with it and also the sudden 4 wall break is cherry on top .....
Aug 28, 5:38 PM

Jun 2015
WHAT A GODDAMN SHIKA EPISODE!!!!!

Koshitan was actually being a girlboss this episode. Look at that combo!

That explosion was one of the best animated explosions ever! Thank goodness this is a comedy anime cause they would've all died right then and there.

phantom346Aug 28, 6:36 PM
Aug 29, 2:21 AM
Apr 2021
LMAOOOO the school bombing out of the fucking blue had me laughing so goddamn hard I wasn’t expecting the animation to pick up to suddenly like that and why the hell did the antler have a bombing function? This show is so jokes man🤣🤣🤣😭🤣

YAYYYYY we got a Neko-chan focused segment poor her, her plans always fail bc she begins to have fun like I love her so fucking much man she’s literally like my favourite girl in this entire show bc she’s just so smol, cute and adorable and her hair buns make it look like she has cat, and the way her uniform is oversized so you can’t see her hand is so fucking cute man I just love her so much fam🥰😫🥰😫🥰🥰😭❤️❤️❤️❤️
Treyv0nAug 29, 2:32 AM
5 hours ago

Jun 2024
I thought it was brilliant from Koshi rivals to give her a challenge in the form of a possible love letter.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » best brainrot anime of all time?

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

38 by Aphen23 »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28

54 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 21

52 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14

71 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 7

86 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.