Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
Touka probably needs all the help he can get, even from that slime friend of his.

He and Seras has a bond but seems kinda slow in terms of development. The drama imo was executed strangely from Vicius' side. This episode seems more or less like a buildup to something bigger. Weakest episode yet imo.
Aug 1, 10:31 AM

May 2013
The animation is horrible. There was a part where they even forgot to animate the MC speak.
Aug 1, 11:36 AM

Oct 2014
What a cliffhanger.
Seras was played by MC earlier in this episode. Guess it’s the audience’s turn next week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 1, 11:52 AM

Feb 2019
So the cat’s out of the bag and Touka and Seras have come clean with their true identities finally. She’s the big reason I got into this series in the first place so it was nice seeing her true form if only for a bit. But again, I ask, is the author incapable of writing villains who aren’t rapey pieces of shit? I mean is every episode gonna feature someone who wants to rape her? Three eps in a row now.

Hiring Seras as a bodyguard is a smart move by Touka. Yea he’s able to use the low level poison spells, but he’s got a lot of vulnerabilities and weaknesses that she can cover as an experienced knight . Plus she’s got knowledge of the world that can be useful to Touka, and he’s apparently one of the only non cartoonishly evil and rapey men in this world that Seras can trust, so it’s a win win. Hopefully we learn about her backstory and what happened in her past soon.

God I hate Kirihara and the Goddess so much. He’s becoming an even bigger asshole somehow at an astounding rate and she’s threatening to kill all the other students if they can’t become useful. Hopefully Ayaka can use her leverage as an S Rank to do something

The Gizun and Seras fight looked horrendous honestly. The animation has always been the weakest bit here but this was exceptionally bad. Literally looked like a PowerPoint slide. She supposed to be the bodyguard but I feel like Touka has been saving her more than anything lol

“Take your clothes off” is one hell of a cliffhanger to leave off on.
Marinate1016Aug 1, 2:06 PM
Aug 1, 12:11 PM

May 2021
Talk about bad animation and bad writing. "I need you to guard me." He who is untouchable and billion levels above everyone else. But how else are we going to form a love interest than shitty convenience.
Aug 1, 12:35 PM

Feb 2008
Reply to MeanEYE
Talk about bad animation and bad writing. "I need you to guard me." He who is untouchable and billion levels above everyone else. But how else are we going to form a love interest than shitty convenience.
The animation has been bad from the start and I doubt that will change.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 1, 12:46 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Stark700
Touka probably needs all the help he can get, even from that slime friend of his.

He and Seras has a bond but seems kinda slow in terms of development. The drama imo was executed strangely from Vicius' side. This episode seems more or less like a buildup to something bigger. Weakest episode yet imo.
@Stark700 yeah it’s definitely a slow burn for sure. Full disclosure, if you haven’t read the LN and get time to do so I’d definitely recommend it. It truly is a great story and a great love story. The meat of this will never get animated as it’s all too easy to see by the terrible effort put in so far. Hopefully someday some other studio will redo it as other anime have been done. Where we are now story wise really is the start of their journey together. Things get NUTS. We all know goddess vicious is bad but what she’s truly capable of is still a bit down the road. Her treatment of Ayaka continues to be terrible as you can imagine. For me, one of the best parts is what the mc’s other classmates are going through, the powers they possess, and the sides they take. There are so many more characters to be introduced, killed, befriended, and protected. It really is a shame how poorly the animation has been done. That fight between Seras and the dragon rider who is now poisoned and paralyzed when the show ended this week was just terrible. My junk could have done a better job I think 😂😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️
Aug 1, 12:49 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to MeanEYE
@MeanEYE
In case you forgot, he nearly died against the Soul Eater and it's because of that he's searching someone to cover him.
Aug 1, 1:06 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
just make a figurine of her fucking fine ass already 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵
Aug 1, 1:24 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
The animation seemed to take a turn for the worse here, as they put too much low level CGI in. However, the audio quality is quite possibly the worst part of the anime. It's almost like their voices have been put into reverb and are part of the background rather than the primary sounds.
Aug 1, 1:24 PM
Apr 2024
I don't mind the story, not even the shitty 2d animation, but I really hoping to see the MC use some other magic other then those 3. I think it's safe to say not everything can be parazlyed and poisoned nor sleep.
Aug 1, 1:31 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Kai200X
I don't mind the story, not even the shitty 2d animation, but I really hoping to see the MC use some other magic other then those 3. I think it's safe to say not everything can be parazlyed and poisoned nor sleep.
@Kai200X Isn't the entire point of this anime that those are the only spells he has, and he kills everything with them anyway? It's literally the name of the show.

But some day he'll learn the forbidden spells, I assume (based on where the plot is going).
Aug 1, 1:45 PM
May 2022
Seras is so lovely but the animation wth is this studio doing
Aug 1, 1:58 PM

May 2019
I had a bad feeling regarding the mage that was going to check the authenticity of the chalice but I thought Seras would've been imprisoned for being falsely accused of trying to pass off a fake chalice or something but instead they figured out she was disguising herself. On that note besides her ears she doesn't look that much different so her disguise is kind of weak.

Btw, what a cliffhanger, even Seras was like huh?! My guess is that Touka has something that may camouflage her better or something but we'll see.
Aug 1, 2:00 PM
Oct 2022
Mimori Touka is a strong adventurer, with his abilities he can escape really fast from Abandoned Ruins and put an end to that goddess.

Seras Ashrain, the former knights leader of Neia, is willing to help Touka getting to Golden Demon Zone, where he will find the Forbidden Witch.

Blue Dragon Stone is a valuable thing. It’s amazing how Touka got it and gave it to Seras as a token of gratefulness.

We got to see the other adventurers as well. Ayaka Sogou does not want to operate with Kitahara’s group at the moment, but goddess Vicious is somehow evil. Mimori must get his revenge upon her.

Some parts from this episode were not animated well, I hope the animation quality will not decrease.
OtakuKun1Aug 1, 2:46 PM
Aug 1, 2:11 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to OtakuKun1
Mimori Touka is a strong adventurer, with his abilities he can escape really fast from Abandoned Ruins and put an end to that goddess.

Seras Ashrain, the former knights leader of Neia, is willing to help Touka getting to Golden Demon Zone, where he will find the Forbidden Witch.

Blue Dragon Stone is a valuable thing. It’s amazing how Touka got it and gave it to Seras as a token of gratefulness.

We got to see the other adventurers as well. Ayaka Sogou does not want to operate with Kitahara’s group at the moment, but goddess Vicious is somehow evil. Mimori must get his revenge upon her.

Some parts from this episode were not animated well, I hope the animation quality will not decrease.
@OtakuKun1 The basic premise of the show is that although his abilities are overpowered, the one person he CAN'T use them on is the goddess. Hence his journey to learn the forbidden spells which he thinks will work on her, rather than just going straight to the goddess and taking her out right now.

One thing we haven't seen is what effect his MASSIVE level count and bonus stats actually has. In theory he should be orders of magnitude stronger than even the strongest heroes, since he has bonus stats from about 2000 levels and they're only level 25 or so. This seems to be something the show doesn't address at all (other than showing us these stats repeatedly and not doing anything). It's unclear if he even understands how physically strong he (probably) is, since all he does is use his three spells all the time.
Aug 1, 2:12 PM
May 2020
bodyguard agreement, a cool ahh egg too
Aug 1, 2:15 PM
Oct 2022
amf85 said:
@OtakuKun1 The basic premise of the show is that although his abilities are overpowered, the one person he CAN'T use them on is the goddess. Hence his journey to learn the forbidden spells which he thinks will work on her, rather than just going straight to the goddess and taking her out right now.

One thing we haven't seen is what effect his MASSIVE level count and bonus stats actually has. In theory he should be orders of magnitude stronger than even the strongest heroes, since he has bonus stats from about 2000 levels and they're only level 25 or so. This seems to be something the show doesn't address at all (other than showing us these stats repeatedly and not doing anything). It's unclear if he even understands how physically strong he (probably) is, since all he does is use his three spells all the time.

Yes, you’re right. Touka’s abilities do not have any effect on that goddess, but there must be a way to get his revenge. He will prove everyone how physically strong he is and even though Paralyze, Sleep and Posion are basic spells, if Mimori maxes his powers, they would be fatal (about level 1000+)
Aug 1, 2:20 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to OtakuKun1
amf85 said:

Yes, you’re right. Touka’s abilities do not have any effect on that goddess, but there must be a way to get his revenge. He will prove everyone how physically strong he is and even though Paralyze, Sleep and Posion are basic spells, if Mimori maxes his powers, they would be fatal (about level 1000+)
@OtakuKun1 Right. I'm thinking it's quite possible that he could just beat all his enemies to death with his bare hands, but doesn't seem to have realized it yet.
Aug 1, 2:21 PM
Oct 2022
amf85 said:
@OtakuKun1 Right. I'm thinking it's quite possible that he could just beat all his enemies to death with his bare hands, but doesn't seem to have realized it yet.

I do not think so, but maybe he will find out what he can do with his powers. He would be able to defeat all the enemies only using bare hands or low-level spells, but maxed out.
Aug 1, 2:24 PM

Jul 2022
I don't care about the poor animation or the lack of story development anymore; I'm here to see some good revenge. So far, Touka is delivering by gathering forbidden magic to eliminate the goddess.

I know Touka and Seras are starting to get along, but I feel he's putting too much effort into her, considering he was just betrayed by everyone. Well, whatever, he'll end up with a waifu for the future.
Aug 1, 2:32 PM
Jun 2024
Mattuzmk said:
The animation is horrible. There was a part where they even forgot to animate the MC speak.

fr it looks like they are from a video game
Aug 1, 2:32 PM
Jan 2009
Just for reference, I found the primary antagonist hero's level 24 stats from when he was boasting about how strong he is, reversed and zoomed in, and now we can read them.

This is the last I could find of the MC's stats last episode, reversed and zoomed in
amf85Aug 1, 2:36 PM
Aug 1, 2:48 PM

May 2021
Reply to groudonvert
@MeanEYE
In case you forgot, he nearly died against the Soul Eater and it's because of that he's searching someone to cover him.
@groudonvert That didn't look like "nearly dying". But okay.
Aug 1, 3:44 PM

Apr 2023
This author can only write 1 type male of antagonist it seems.
Aug 1, 4:01 PM
Jan 2024
A very interesting episode but the ending left me very strange xd
Aug 1, 4:04 PM
Jul 2019
Summer, 2024 is one of worst anime seasons in a long time -- so much literal trash.

This one I've struggled with but, at the beginning it was so bad it was funny, so stuck with it through Ep 5.

But, as the writing has disintegrated even further, the plot is so confusing I'm rewinding it five times to try to figure out what's going on, one-dimensional characters have become even more annoying, the animation quality has collapsed and the art style become even uglier, it's just not worth wasting hours of my finite life watching this garbage.

Dropped. 4 out of 10. And that's being very very generous.
Aug 1, 4:38 PM

Nov 2016
Man this season is ass
Aug 1, 4:41 PM

Jan 2021
This anime is very consistent in making everything that can move besides MC wanting to r*** Seras

Aug 1, 5:05 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to sakkyun
This anime is very consistent in making everything that can move besides MC wanting to r*** Seras
@sakkyun I think the goal is to be able to make the MC able to kill people without being seen as evil, therefore the people he's killing have to be very obviously, tropishly evil themselves.
Aug 1, 5:31 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to amf85
@sakkyun I think the goal is to be able to make the MC able to kill people without being seen as evil, therefore the people he's killing have to be very obviously, tropishly evil themselves.
@amf85 good explanation :)

Aug 1, 6:38 PM
Jun 2023
I'm trying to continue with the anime Failure Frame: I Became the Strongest and Annihilated Everything with Low-Level Spells, but unfortunately, my disappointment grows with each episode. This is because the studio isn't giving the work the attention it deserves. The pacing feels rushed, and the character development is lacking, making it difficult to stay invested in the story. The animation quality fluctuates, and the adaptation seems to skip important details from the source material, which affects the overall experience. The studio had an opportunity to make something great out of this series, but it feels like they're not putting in the effort it deserves. At this rate, the studio might end up being considered the worst of the season. Fans of the original work and new viewers alike are likely to be let down by this adaptation. I hope they can turn things around, but as it stands, it's a major disappointment.
Aug 1, 7:18 PM
Jul 2023
is it called failure frame because of how poor the animation is at times
Aug 1, 8:48 PM

Apr 2009
Part way through the Crunchyroll subs started saying "Tooka" instead of "Touka" and it's like man, even the subtitles have given up. :/

You could start a drinking game for this show with the number of times someone tries to rape Seras. Also, she doesn't need to an unbeatable god tier swordswoman, but can she win on her own at least once? It's getting kind of ridiculous at this point and has undermined her character. At this rate she should be paying Touka to be her bodyguard not the other way around. He white knighted on the school bus, maybe that's why he's hiring her just because he's a nice softie and she's a beautiful damsel in distress with cute ears. I like the rapport they've got going on, although Touka is very subtle and I'm not sure how much of that's the show establishing a bond and how much is me projecting meat onto a skeleton.

It makes sense for him to have some backup who can guide him in this world. They've proven to each other so far they're honest and trustworthy but want to keep their own secrets so it's a natural fit. It didn't make any sense to me he interfered in her fight with the big boss monster and give away his own skills so soon. Maybe he just wanted XP but he had every incentive as a newbie here to see what her special power was to gauge her strength and see what kind of strange abilities are in this world that even melee fighters may have.

The goddess/evil student scenes weren't anything special and a bit repetitive, but I did enjoy the goddess kind of letting down her hair, getting rid of her usual demeanor, and calling Sugio a bitch. Cracked me up for some reason.

Telling Seras to get naked was one hell of a way to end the episode. He conspicuously didn't fatally poison that mercenary even though he's killed every other thug so far. I wonder if he's got some sort of plan to use the merc's body and Seras' clothes to fake her death.
Aug 1, 9:02 PM

Jul 2023
Good that they're now more honest about themselves. Also, how did they know that she was Seras? Skipped material?

Anyway, lol at asking her to take off her clothes. I'm sure that it's nothing indecent but it titillates our fancy to eagerly await for the next episode.
Aug 1, 9:04 PM

Mar 2013
The CG is getting better in this episode at the very least, and we get another solid episode.

MC: Undress yourself.
Elf: What?
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 1, 9:06 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to Teufel
Part way through the Crunchyroll subs started saying "Tooka" instead of "Touka" and it's like man, even the subtitles have given up. :/

You could start a drinking game for this show with the number of times someone tries to rape Seras. Also, she doesn't need to an unbeatable god tier swordswoman, but can she win on her own at least once? It's getting kind of ridiculous at this point and has undermined her character. At this rate she should be paying Touka to be her bodyguard not the other way around. He white knighted on the school bus, maybe that's why he's hiring her just because he's a nice softie and she's a beautiful damsel in distress with cute ears. I like the rapport they've got going on, although Touka is very subtle and I'm not sure how much of that's the show establishing a bond and how much is me projecting meat onto a skeleton.

It makes sense for him to have some backup who can guide him in this world. They've proven to each other so far they're honest and trustworthy but want to keep their own secrets so it's a natural fit. It didn't make any sense to me he interfered in her fight with the big boss monster and give away his own skills so soon. Maybe he just wanted XP but he had every incentive as a newbie here to see what her special power was to gauge her strength and see what kind of strange abilities are in this world that even melee fighters may have.

The goddess/evil student scenes weren't anything special and a bit repetitive, but I did enjoy the goddess kind of letting down her hair, getting rid of her usual demeanor, and calling Sugio a bitch. Cracked me up for some reason.

Telling Seras to get naked was one hell of a way to end the episode. He conspicuously didn't fatally poison that mercenary even though he's killed every other thug so far. I wonder if he's got some sort of plan to use the merc's body and Seras' clothes to fake her death.
@Teufel

Tooka is a valid romanisation of his name. You don't pronounce it as To then uka. とう is a t plus a long vowel.

Yeah, I wonder why he didn't want to see the extent of her power.
Aug 1, 9:20 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to simio_curioso
Seras is so lovely but the animation wth is this studio doing
I wonder...
What do you prefere ? 3D garbage fight or 2D fights with weird 2D/3D transition in dialogs ?
Because it's the second we got in this episode.
Aug 1, 9:25 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to MeanEYE
@groudonvert That didn't look like "nearly dying". But okay.
@MeanEYE
Remember the beam attack ? A normal guy that just doesn't want to die feeling his intent to kill him would just straight up kill Touka with that.
Aug 1, 9:26 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to WienGirl
Summer, 2024 is one of worst anime seasons in a long time -- so much literal trash.

This one I've struggled with but, at the beginning it was so bad it was funny, so stuck with it through Ep 5.

But, as the writing has disintegrated even further, the plot is so confusing I'm rewinding it five times to try to figure out what's going on, one-dimensional characters have become even more annoying, the animation quality has collapsed and the art style become even uglier, it's just not worth wasting hours of my finite life watching this garbage.

Dropped. 4 out of 10. And that's being very very generous.
@WienGirl
Stop concentrating on the animation and maybe you'll be able to follow something.
The plot is quite clear until now.
Aug 1, 9:29 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to patkarunungan
Good that they're now more honest about themselves. Also, how did they know that she was Seras? Skipped material?

Anyway, lol at asking her to take off her clothes. I'm sure that it's nothing indecent but it titillates our fancy to eagerly await for the next episode.
@patkarunungan
An elf in a human town wanted by everyone ? And she was recognized by a random dude in town ?
Hard to make the connection needs more clues.
Aug 1, 9:39 PM

Dec 2018
what is with the painful cgi in moments it's not even needed? this story has moments when it is right on the precipice of being decent but then jumps right off the cliff., either with animation or unecessary boob shots it's really dragging it down.
Aug 1, 9:42 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to PettankoLover
Man this season is ass
@PettankoLover thank God someone said it; I thought last season was disappointing but other than a few shows this is...like AI generated crapfest
Aug 1, 10:13 PM

Jul 2020
lmao that cliffhanger!
also, I agree with someone who said the mc needs to learn some new skills, the three he has are pretty boring
Aug 1, 11:41 PM
Jan 2021
too much bad CGI at random times
Aug 2, 12:50 AM
Feb 2021
the story is keeping me into this for now
Aug 2, 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
'Hands her a bag of precious ultra-rare gems' Now... Take of your clothes. Not sure how to interpret that.
Aug 2, 5:01 AM

Jun 2023
Literally Failure Frame with the failure of frames.
Aug 2, 5:42 AM

Jun 2016
seras is too damn sexy and pretty elf girll !!

this show is really interesting !!
the animation is still fine for me... so no problem
Aug 2, 6:52 AM

Jul 2017
Even against strong monsters, Touka can handle it no problem thanks to Piggymaru, and now with Seras, who obtains the Dragon Eye Chalice from him to get her reward, which he doesn't care about much. Instead, Touka's heading of the Land of Golden-Eyed Monsters on the way to find the Witch of Taboos, which is on the way for Seras heading to Yonato. The two on a mutual trust relationship, which even the blue dragon gem is too big of a reward for her to accept, even if it chimes on onlookers and them keeping mum about their real identities, only using their fake names for bodyguard.

The outlawed magic being the only word by the Goddess Vicius, she just doesn't care for the students who hold each other back like Sogou, especially if they're S-ranked heroes. And Seras continuing on the Dragon Eye Chalice plot, being on the runaway from the Black Dragon Knights, calling for her eradication on the instant. At least Touka kept his word that she didn't betray him, even offering more blue dragon gems to keep her by his bidding...and the first thing he tells her is to strip?

Welp, this show sure likes to transition between 2D and 3DCG for no reason whatsoever, it's so jarring.
But this show sure continues to scrape the bottom of the barrel even more.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22

62 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8

116 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25

81 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29

51 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18

93 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 12:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.