Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 12:54 PM
May 2021
This anime fr gonna grow on me, ending song is vibess
Jul 10, 1:01 PM

Jan 2022
they are siblings and that was unexpected now its very funny
Jul 10, 1:01 PM
Aug 2020
I really didn't expect them to cover Kawaiikute Gomen for the Ed of ep 2... I legit just started squealing, hopefully my parents didn't wake up ehe~
Jul 10, 1:09 PM

Jan 2024
Man I love Yuki way too much. Best Girl. Best Sister.

The plot twist was crazy. They have different surnames too it was unexpected but a welcome one. Fellow weeb and wincest fan too she is so perfect. Waking up her onichan like that its so tropy but still so funny. Also she bullying/teasing Alya was great.
Alya playing dress up and Kuze casually rizzing up was welcome change to unnecessarily shy mc. But Yuki again coming to spoil Alyas fun and giving her more embarrassment.

Yuki completely stole the show. I am more looking forward to this than before thanks to her.
First episode was decent but this completely blew me how good it was.
Doga Kobo cooking way too good with this & Oshi no Ko. Top notch animation and nice fan service decently placed too

New ED as well dk if they continue to have new ED each episode. This is good as was the last one.
Jul 10, 1:09 PM
Aug 2023
aurora_yuuki said:
@jjjsssddd It's not a harem LN, not even a Love Triangle. Rest assured.

@aurora_yuuki

Yeah, I thought Yuki was going to be a second love interest, but after watching this episode, seems like she is only fantasizing about being a love interest. /j

I really love gremlin!Yuki I must say.
Jul 10, 1:10 PM
Nov 2022
Authentic cinema, I wasn't expecting that cover of "Kawaikutte gomen" by Honeyworks sung by Sumire Uesaka, 10/10 there for the production.

I also didn't expect Suou to be Kuze's sister, I thought they were friends hahahaha.
Jul 10, 1:23 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to saikyozero
this goes to the top of my list for romcom, together with Dangers in my Hearts
@saikyozero Same. I'm in love with the LN. Love Is War is up there too.
Jul 10, 1:27 PM
May 2023
Stormy start, I think it will be the best anime of this season
Jul 10, 1:28 PM
May 2022
MegamiRem said:
Imouto's a complete weeb, love her. She knows her stuff, hella amusing. She even teased Alya with the spciy food and saying she was in bed with him. Alya looked cute wearing different outfits. ED song had some real cute visuals.

So who's gonna tell her?

Kuzo, eventually.
Jul 10, 1:29 PM

Oct 2011
Yuki became a 100% better character in this episode with her troll sister side

the episode, in general, was very nice, with all the interactions and Alya in cute different outfits

funny that the main gimmick of the anime (with Alya speaking her true feelings in russian), is actually the worst part for me, XD
feels forced and weird most of times
Jul 10, 1:33 PM
Dec 2018
I might get a b*ner everytime yuki shows up with her imouto mode if they don't tone down the siblings dynamics from the LN... actually keep it more coming.
I actually enjoyed this ep as much as the LN. Pacing still feels little fast. The tone feels more lively cheerful and fun as it continues. However now I'm worried how much they can convey those scenes which would leave an emotional impact, unless they try to develop a little more serious and deep interaction between the characters onwards. Well I expect it will get better and my opinions has changed as for this episode. 8/10
I really love Alya's expressions lol, can't wait to see her get bullied by Yuki even more.
Jul 10, 1:34 PM
May 2023
alya looked absolutely adorable as she tried her best to impress kuze.
Jul 10, 1:38 PM
Feb 2015
They were cooking with this one HS.
Jul 10, 1:40 PM
Oct 2022
They really want to be trending on social media. with the different outfits for Alya, the scenes with the devil little sister and the ending (a cover of Kawaikute Gomen from HoneyWorks) I have the feeling that I'm gonna see a lot of edits pass on my feeds.
Jul 10, 1:44 PM

Jun 2013

Don't ever change change Japan, you are just perfect like this. :)
Jul 10, 1:56 PM
Sep 2020
Ok, them being siblings caught me so of guard, wth?
Jul 10, 2:05 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Ronin-errante
Yuki became a 100% better character in this episode with her troll sister side

the episode, in general, was very nice, with all the interactions and Alya in cute different outfits

funny that the main gimmick of the anime (with Alya speaking her true feelings in russian), is actually the worst part for me, XD
feels forced and weird most of times
@Ronin-errante maybe you just haven't heard russian speak?
Jul 10, 2:13 PM

Mar 2018
I do not like the incest/brocon trope. I know a lot of weebs enjoy it but I just can’t. I hope it isn’t a reoccurring gag. Otherwise the episode was alright. Will continue to watch.
Jul 10, 2:29 PM

Dec 2019
Something about the series feels AI-generated with its tropes and how they are applied to get a successful rom-com lol with the humor, the brocon trope, the Russian gimmick from the first ep popping up time to time in an unnatural fashion to be cute, the fanservice shots that can be trending on social media like the first ep with the socks and the fashion show this ep. Its weird to think like this but something about this show feels inorganic in a way that makes it hard to actually enjoy. The core plot besides Masachika, Alya and Yuki being walking cliches Ive seen in their concentrated generic formula isnt much to write home about with Masachika clearly being pushed to join the student council as Alya aims to be the president and prefers to be a loner in handling those issues. I want to enjoy this loads more but it aint hittin for me much.
Jul 10, 2:30 PM
Jul 2022
++AA ED I love that song. Great episode. I love how smug Yuki is, and Alyas faces are always great.
Jul 10, 2:34 PM
Nov 2023
It's a really good episode. Alya's cuteness is overloaded. Some of her expressions are similar to Anya forger and I enjoyed it.
Jul 10, 2:34 PM

Jun 2023
Kawaikute Gomen ED cover!!
Jul 10, 2:35 PM
Aug 2016
Jul 10, 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
If the idea of ​​characters with a gimmick combo becomes popular, then I want a character who is both the main character's comedic best friend and ikemen onna.
Jul 10, 2:38 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to MangagnaM
Something about the series feels AI-generated with its tropes and how they are applied to get a successful rom-com lol with the humor, the brocon trope, the Russian gimmick from the first ep popping up time to time in an unnatural fashion to be cute, the fanservice shots that can be trending on social media like the first ep with the socks and the fashion show this ep. Its weird to think like this but something about this show feels inorganic in a way that makes it hard to actually enjoy. The core plot besides Masachika, Alya and Yuki being walking cliches Ive seen in their concentrated generic formula isnt much to write home about with Masachika clearly being pushed to join the student council as Alya aims to be the president and prefers to be a loner in handling those issues. I want to enjoy this loads more but it aint hittin for me much.
@MangagnaM : It always amuses me when 80% of viewers guffaw at the "crazy stuff" happening while 2% babble about "AI-generated" "walking cliches", "generic formulas" and the likes.

Tell you something. If you remove the names from your post, I feel like I have read your putdown in response to a dozen romcoms already. Talk about generic.
Jul 10, 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
Alya's eyes in front of Hell's Cauldron were only topped by her reaction to spicy food(and when she got complimented lol). She deserved to suffer a little tbh, what she did was retarded. Ice won't help against the 2nd burn either.

The angles in the changing room were crazy.

Ending song surprised me lmao

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
More beautiful feet this episode. This time imouto.

I guess she saw what happened in that classroom previous episode and concluded that onii-chan indeed likes feet, so teasing ensues.
PiromyslJul 10, 2:48 PM

Jul 10, 3:01 PM
Aug 2016
I'm enjoying how they adapted Yuki and her gremlin energy, but Russian lines again were quite bad in this episode, straight-up mistranslation and wrong intonation. It's fun and well-produced adaptation to kill time so far though I might fall off at some point as I got severally disappointed in source LNs, in no way I see it as "masterpiece" as some fan before said, especially in everything regarding progression.

I can understand @MangagnaM opinion, though there is character exploration later on it isn't always done in interesting way, plus the overall narrative events are a bit too basic and ordinary, Russian language stays surface-level gimmick, there is plenty of fanservice, so yeah, there is validity in you feeling that series might feel inorganic. Though most people who got hooked did due to character interaction and banter, it's the biggest strength of the series, so it sure has it's clear appeal
Jul 10, 3:02 PM

Oct 2014
9/10 THIS EP AND 11/10 ON THAT ED! THEY KNEW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!
Jul 10, 3:15 PM

May 2018
Yuki's outfit was way better in the manga

Also we are like 24 chapters in in just 2 episodes?
Jul 10, 3:16 PM

Apr 2012
First episode interested me, this episode has convinced me. This is high-quality stuff, not losing its rhythm or letting interest drop at any point, and moving easily between the slightly different things it does.
Jul 10, 3:18 PM

Jun 2021
first half was a little too slow / not that interesting, and then it improved a lot. Damn, Yuki is mischievous, she even did that Nozomi Tojo pose while staying over her own brother's bed. That spicy ramen restaurant was scary, had i been Alya i would have denied the "challenge" even if she still faced everything with dignity at least on screen, and considering i absolutely adore Ayami Sasaki from Komi Can't Communicate it was so cool to see her exact devil mask as part of the furniture. Finally, Alya was looking good with almost all of the clothes she tried. Now, for some face reactions i actually didn't expect on her side, i also thought she looked similar to Shikimori (i loved her series, hopefully this one will be equally as good even if there are already multiple differences).
Jul 10, 3:23 PM
Apr 2016
This anime drives me nuts, but I still keep watching. The situation, they are in, seams weird. I bet this gonna escalate into something like The Bold and the Beautiful.
Jul 10, 3:26 PM
May 2021
didnt expect the ed song really REEALLY lovethe vibes of this anime one of the best rom coms i have seen so far
Jul 10, 3:46 PM
Sep 2023
THE TWIST! I CALLED IT! I KNEW FROM THE WAY SHE LOOKED! THEY WERE SIBLINGS! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Jul 10, 3:55 PM

Jun 2019
Are they doing cover songs for ED? That's nice.
Jul 10, 3:57 PM

Nov 2015
ok, guys, i might be dumb, but i don't get why they're hiding the fact that they're siblings
Jul 10, 4:14 PM
Mar 2021
Unrealistic, she didn't curse once. What type of Russian can pass an entire conversation without cursing?!
Jul 10, 4:17 PM

Jul 2017
Ok this show exceeded my expectations big time 9/10 so far
Jul 10, 4:30 PM

Mar 2023
alright, this episode DEFINITELY upped its game
the sibling twist was actually pretty good, tbh xD
KAWAIKUTE GOMEN COVER <333
Jul 10, 4:50 PM

Nov 2022
"We're getting some wincest." undisputable peak in sight
Jul 10, 4:50 PM
Dec 2018
Second episode just make this a 10/10 rom-com. Amazing <3 Little sister is evil LOL
Jul 10, 5:19 PM

Feb 2017
Automatic 10/10 for Miss Wincest-Sis over here
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Jul 10, 5:24 PM
May 2018
Good episode, I liked the trying on clothes scene.
Jul 10, 5:28 PM
Sep 2020
So, just to sum up:

У главного героя есть сестра, которая just for lools косит под его "ДаПростПодругуДетства" в школе, и чисто чтобы побесить Арису-сама притворяется ещё и его девушкой. А ещё она дико извращённый cultured человек, но опять же just for lools косит под нормальную (с совершенно другим внешним видом и голосом) в школе.

Why cannot the anime be about her, instead of the boring as heck main hero, who's literally just 'CTRL C, CTRL V otaku stereotypes' and nothing more, not even a real character, to be fair? At least his sister has A LITTLE BIT of a personality.

In general, the anime is a fan-service trash with a lazy, banal plot, so the real question right is not, whether or not it's a fun kind of trash, meaning 'so bad, it's good' or just plain boring 'so bad, it's actually really is bad'. The first episode makes me think more to the former, while this one more to the latter, specifically because of the sister character.

At least, I was able to accept the terrible Alisa's accent in Russian. After all, it sounds kind of cute, when a Japanese tries to speak Russian. Also the English subtitles are highly inaccurate, when it comes to translating Russian phrases, just saying.
Jul 10, 5:32 PM

Oct 2014
this is the best kind of fan service.
Jul 10, 5:38 PM

Sep 2008
Okay, sister suddenly became my favorite
and holly, kawaikutte gomen ne, so yeah, peak ending every episode
i was just watching this without expectations, but man I'm hyped up now
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 10, 5:42 PM
Jan 2017
A nice development from ep.1. Introducing the student council president. Talking up the next council election with Alya determined to win.
and did I miss something in ep.1? Sou is Kuze's sister, but they're pretending not to be related to other people?
Jul 10, 5:43 PM
May 2021
If kujo and yuki are sibling, why they have different surname?
Jul 10, 6:03 PM
Jul 2020
el peak de los romcom
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LighTing4321 - Jul 17

271 by Playcool »»
3 minutes ago

» Masachika is the best !

lightning_angad7 - Yesterday

34 by lightning_angad7 »»
7 minutes ago

» LN readers, without spoilers, does it ACTUALLY get as bad as some say? Or is it just another case of loud minority being annoying?

Shamsy - Yesterday

25 by Playcool »»
45 minutes ago

» The english dub is reaaaaly funny

ErraticCamp - Yesterday

20 by Ugly11 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aversa - Jul 24

170 by aurora_yuuki »»
4 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.