Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 5:17 AM

Jan 2018
Well the 1st three episodes pretty much covers volume 1. The episode ends with Saki's thoughts as the ending song plays in the background which was nice.
Jun 23, 7:26 AM
Apr 2023
This was better than I expected.
They included Saki's diary, which I didn't expect, in a very smart way and skipped as little as possible using the scenes without dialogue.
Volume 1 was adapted in 3 episodes but it didn't feel rushed so they're doing a good job.
Can't wait to see the rest animated.
Hopefully it's as good as the premiere.
Jul 6, 1:44 PM
Aug 2023
wow, after watching 3 episodes, I recognized that this studio did a very good job in exploiting the psychology of the characters and I really sympathized with those feelings. After watching 3 episodes, it made me think a lot about sex and human morality, I think I'm probably overdoing it but I think I have a same problem.
Jul 7, 3:20 AM
Sep 2022
We started off very badly and I'm not saying this because of the story but because of the way this anime has been launched. I have only managed to see the first chapter, while it is already up to the third. WTF? . Having said that and only for the first chapter, my opinion is that I have already seen these types of stories a million times, I have not gotten along very well with the protagonists, I find parents much more fun hahahaha , rather than with the MC and the FMC, such bland characters, but hey, it's the first chapter. There are people who have compared it to domestic, but unless someone who has read the manga tell me otherwise, domestic is a much more adult series, even with scenes +18 and not I see that this series has that tone. greetings
HormigoJul 7, 3:23 AM
Jul 7, 4:42 AM
Apr 2024
I thought this type of plot is more suitable for hentai lol. But all joke aside, I like to see how it progress, especially now we know how she felt about her "brother".
Jul 8, 3:51 AM

Apr 2021
The way they are portraying her diary is beautiful, but I don't understand the part about
. It feels like it came out of nowhere to me.
Jul 8, 4:14 AM
May 2024
Reply to yedoost
The way they are portraying her diary is beautiful, but I don't understand the part about
@yedoost Yeah I thought so too, I mean there wasn't anything pushing her to do that
Jul 8, 4:18 AM
May 2024
This episode hit me hard especially when Yuta said having desires and acting according to them are two different things, which means you can have desires but you gotta control them in way
Jul 8, 5:28 AM

Nov 2022
I don't get why she decided to 'offer' herself to him? She asked him to 'buy' her (for that night I suppose) but he's just a high schooler working part time so it's not like he has full pockets or anything, then there would be some ulterior motive like past insecurities or trying to push some boundaries between them to better figure out their relationship?

Similar vibes to Higehiro with Sayu in a way but in that show it was clear that Sayu had self image issues while here it's more confusing...
Jul 8, 6:39 AM

Apr 2022
damn she went for it sooner than expected, escalated quick for a sec. but yeah, so he gets her. i wonder if there'll be more things similar to this happening or if that's that and they continue normally.
Jul 8, 6:40 AM

Sep 2022
Reply to hich4n_
I don't get why she decided to 'offer' herself to him? She asked him to 'buy' her (for that night I suppose) but he's just a high schooler working part time so it's not like he has full pockets or anything, then there would be some ulterior motive like past insecurities or trying to push some boundaries between them to better figure out their relationship?

Similar vibes to Higehiro with Sayu in a way but in that show it was clear that Sayu had self image issues while here it's more confusing...
@hich4n_ I think you are right about insecurities. Their conversation at the end pretty much confirms it.
She was growing up without father plus mother is working in nightlife bisiness and making good money. I guess it skewed her understanding of what is the right thing to do.
Jul 8, 6:51 AM

Nov 2021
Myetx said:
@hich4n_ I think you are right about insecurities. Their conversation at the end pretty much confirms it.
She was growing up without father plus mother is working in nightlife bisiness and making good money. I guess it skewed her understanding of what is the right thing to do.

I wouldn't say making good money tbh she makes decent enough.
Jul 8, 11:56 AM

May 2021
goated wow. this feels very weird in a good way. the diary part was a mix of emotions, felt kinda sad but also felt wholesome and that bed scene was out of the blue fr.

it also feels like they're hiding the subpar animation behind unique and great storyboarding/direction but it's a worthwhile tradeoff considering Deen ig. hmmmm i wonder what those emotions are?!?!
Jul 8, 12:26 PM
Mar 2015
They have some weird quirks She is beginning to see him as a man not a ni-san
Jul 8, 12:57 PM
Jun 2021
It gave me the feels. What else is there to say. I felt like every moment felt like 2 years, just like how my everyday feels like. It was a wonderful episode. Brilliant direction, music and color.
I don't much experiences to live for, Animes like this kinda give me some hope to clinging on to life.
Some people really have it hard in this world.
Jul 8, 2:22 PM
Jun 2020
holy shit, why the fuck is a step-sibling anime actually good
Jul 8, 5:17 PM

Oct 2011
what an episode.....OMG
Jul 8, 5:24 PM
Jun 2021
this anime makes products "made with Real Cheese" look fake.
Jul 8, 5:25 PM
Aug 2020
it's getting better and better, i like the ost, characters etc

i can't wait to see the next one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jul 8, 5:26 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to hich4n_

@hich4n_ In the manga there's a bit more dialogue between them which help helps to flesh it out. In my opinion that scene is one of my favorites in the manga. I don't think that did it much just tbh. That's one thing I'm struggling with with the anime. I feel like there missing out to much dialogue from the manga that helps to build the MCs better. It's making it feel to rushed and forced if you ask me.
Jul 8, 5:26 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to hich4n_

@hich4n_ In the manga there's a bit more dialogue between them which help helps to flesh it out. In my opinion that scene is one of my favorites in the manga. I don't think that did it much just tbh. That's one thing I'm struggling with with the anime. I feel like there missing out to much dialogue from the manga that helps to build the MCs better. It's making it feel to rushed and forced if you ask me.
Jul 8, 6:19 PM

Oct 2017
Not much on Saki's friend meeting her brother. We got Saki pov and how she slowly fell in love with him already. Didn't wait to take action too but as she doesn't realise her feelings herself it came out weird. Yuuta's been a great guy and him admitting he has those urges but won't act on them adds to it. Was cute seeing her blushing. Did the last scene of Saki locking portrayed her locking away her feelings for him?

I didn't quite like how they did a few things this episode like the zoom out scene of the two having dinner which lasted like a minute or so. Why was that necessary? Didn't also like how they only showed glimpses of Saki approaching Yuuta. Or was this because of the youtube preair and the broadcast version will have more? Doubt it though.
Jul 8, 6:23 PM

Nov 2015
I've been to funerals that were more upbeat than this show. Someone needs to get these kids to a psychiatrist yesterday. If I see one more conversation that involves them both being depresso I'm going to lose it. There's nothing going on here. It's not deep. How many times do I have to hear "betsuni" in one conversation? Everyone in this show is dead inside and the show's staff made this decision. In the manga the kids act more like actual kids and not as automata larping as humans.
Jul 8, 6:24 PM
Aug 2021
yedoost said:

I think it was the “teasing” conversation after the laundry incident that lead her to attempt to visit him on his bed, knowing he does hold a glimpse of desire
ZXSHAWN01Jul 8, 6:29 PM
Jul 8, 6:27 PM
Apr 2023
This anime is so moody, I can't even get hard lol.
Jul 8, 6:30 PM
Aug 2021
saikyozero said:
This anime is so moody, I can't even get hard lol.

You may visit hanime and don’t ever come back
Jul 8, 7:42 PM
Dec 2021
I don't get it why is this rated so low this really getting interesting the music the art style it's pretty good this is somewhat as close to reality as an anime can get .
Jul 8, 8:32 PM

Aug 2022
Thanks to a certain part of the episode that was at the 13 minute mark, this was the most difficult to write about. Anyway:

- Saki's friend visiting over turns out to be not as big of a deal as I thought. Its main purpose in the episode is to provide the stepsiblings a springboard to finally exchange numbers.

- Appreciated the TL note regarding the differences between tamagoyaki, dashimaki tamago, and mentsuyu. It wasn't necessary in grand scheme of things, but hey, Japanese food trivia.

- Yuuta not wanting his adopted mother to was his clothes somehow leads Saki into a conversation where she ponders if Yuuta is secretly wearing lingerie. 😕 Okay...

- Yuuta's talk about learning from doing reflexive actions struck a chord with Saki.

- Since Yuuta hasn't cohabitated with a girl his own age before, I can't blame the kid for his eyes to pay attention to lingerie that isn't stashed away...

- Yuuta rightfully pointed out that having sexual desires, and acting upon those urges are two different things.

- After a seemingly normal dinner, here comes - in my opinion - what felt like the most out of left field scene of the entire show thus far. Yeah, I'm talking about the scene where Saki goes into Yuuta's room at night. 😕 Huh? Where did that come from? For a show with a mostly grounded, moody, somber tone... a half naked Saki suddenly showing up on Yuuta's bed was the last thing I was expecting. Look girl, I get that you weren't in good spirits earlier in the day and that Yuuta has been a great guy... but, really? I expected a scene like this from a trashy romcom or ecchi. The apparent lack of foreshadowing only made it feel all the more out of left field. If there was any foreshadowing, if you ask me the show didn't do a good job of properly establishing it beforehand.

- Just before Saki was about to seduce Yuuta, the episode cuts into her diary. I totally didn't expect that.

- Saki's near fatal encounter with truck-kun was caused by... her listening to conversational English recordings. I was expecting that she was playing very loud, heavy metal music... but okay.

- For all those wanting the show to lighten up some more, sorry but Yuuta having fun with Saki and her friend is merely reduced to a 10 second flashback.

- Kudos to Yuuta for not giving in to temptation. Having a beautiful girl dressed only in her underwear willing go in your bedroom at her own volition would have been a difficult thing for a straight teenager to resist.

- So Yuuta's biological mom cheated on his dad. Ouch.

- After all of this, Saki is developing "uncertain feelings" towards Yuuta. To the point that she's having trouble sleeping at night. What are those feelings exactly? Is it really romantic love, or something else? And how will she deal with them?

hich4n_ said:

I agree that Higehiro made Sayu's issues clear to viewers, and it was easy to follow along. Whereas for Gimai Seikatsu, I had to rewatch the episode just to better understand what was going on. And in retrospect, the "bed scene" is reminiscent of Higehiro... at least in the sense that Saki was offering herself to Yuuta because she wasn't sure know how to repay his kind, considerate treatment of her.
Alpha-NineJul 8, 8:43 PM
Jul 8, 10:04 PM
Jan 2020
Gotta tell the people at Passione this is how they should set the tone and direct Spice and Wolf

This show is a perfect a example how to direct heavy dialogues shows, I remember watching Kyokou Suiri and how bland it was
Jul 9, 3:34 AM

Jul 2015
yedoost said:

Insecurity, low self esteem, generational trauma and a little bit of desperation. Also, Ayase got a hint, that Yuuta might have a thing for her after catching him staring at her underwear, do she tried to take the initiative. It's nothing that wasn't tackled before, but here I think they did it beautifully.
Love the character development. Truly a dark horse of the season.

Jul 9, 4:23 PM

Nov 2017
Interesting choice to change POVs like that :)

Thank god she's not suicidal!
Jul 9, 6:38 PM
Dec 2023
Really good way to close up the first arc, big props to whoever directed that episode. And we got to see some emotion, finally! I don't even like kuuderes, but these characters are starting to grow on me, excited for wherever we go next lol.
Jul 10, 3:38 AM
Oct 2017
The chain of thoughts, the dynamic and simplicity around it, the mature older brother and the dumbfound love-lost step-sister, and the slow-paced episodes—nothing but a banger of a chill anime to watch with someone.
Jul 10, 7:42 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleaned, please do not ask where you can watch the episode and please do not reply to such posts.
Jul 10, 11:06 PM
Oct 2019
You understand me too well, just what is this feeling?

IS IT LOVE??

Ohh boy, we are in for a ride.
Jul 10, 11:16 PM

Feb 2008
What was with that scene where Saki talks seemingly about how she sells herself (as a prostitute), assumes Yuuta does so too, and then we jump to a scene where Yuuta apologizes for his misunderstanding?
So then if Saki is not a prostitute, and that was just a misunderstanding, then what did she really mean when she was talking about selling herself?
And then later Saki goes into Yuuta's room and unmistakably offers her body to him for money like a prostitute.
So it wasn't a misunderstanding after all? I'm so confused.

Jul 11, 7:57 AM
Nov 2023
I can't stop watching, I need more.
Jul 11, 10:44 AM
Jul 2023
Wait a minute how did you get to watch the third episode?
I only found two!
Jul 11, 11:50 AM
Jul 2020
All I can say is WOW. This series is so good at portraying what would happen if something similar happened to you in real, and I guess in a way some people around the globe are experiencing it. This series has such a way of explaining the character's motives and it just really hits you hard because you get why certain people act the way they do, feels like im watching a person's life story made into an anime. Directing was top tier as always, covering up for the lack of animation which I don't mind. 9/10 episode.
Jul 11, 1:27 PM
Dec 2018
The studio completely ruined the anime. The animation is crappy, pacing is bad, didn't animate Saki's accident properly, skipped Maya's intrusion. To see my favourite light novel ruined by that, I am utterly disappointed. It is better to not animate it rather than destroying this masterpiece.
Jul 11, 4:11 PM
Jun 2021
Question why does crunchy roll only have 2eps while ep3 is out rn??
Jul 11, 7:15 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to amcsi
What was with that scene where Saki talks seemingly about how she sells herself (as a prostitute), assumes Yuuta does so too, and then we jump to a scene where Yuuta apologizes for his misunderstanding?
So then if Saki is not a prostitute, and that was just a misunderstanding, then what did she really mean when she was talking about selling herself?
And then later Saki goes into Yuuta's room and unmistakably offers her body to him for money like a prostitute.
So it wasn't a misunderstanding after all? I'm so confused.
@amcsi I believe she was referencing to selling oneself to a job, a regular part time job you sell your body and soul to do usually.
Jul 11, 10:09 PM
Feb 2021
This anime got me more confused than re zero
Jul 12, 8:38 AM

May 2015
Hmmmm. I knew it was coming due to the Romance tag, but still, this was a bit too soon, and Saki's actions honestly raise questions, even with her diary, I don't think the logic behind offering her body to Asamura out of nowhere was well explained. Probably, just love and general confusion about her new emotions? At least, Asamura remained a decent human being, thank god. Otherwise, this would be such a shame (and no different from any other trashy semi-incest anime). Although I would have preferred it to remain solely about brother-sister relationship, if there's no way to avoid romance, it better be developed slowly and carefully here.
Jul 12, 1:54 PM
Aug 2023
Ehhh idk how to feel about this, like she just throws herself at the guy to prove a point for herself? There had to be another way to approach that. Everything about that was off-setting. I also want to say that some parts of this episode felt incoherent but that might just be me. As for the animation, vibe, editing, sound effects, and vfx, I feel that it resembles that of Silent Voice, almost a little too much, like a copy n paste in other words. Everything up to this point was whatevs but from here on out there should be some major development. 7.5/10 (SO FAR)
Jul 12, 1:55 PM
Aug 2023
Reply to yedoost
@yedoost absolutely agree
Jul 13, 12:27 AM

Aug 2017
SUCH a dreary show.

True to her stereotype, the girl throws herself at men for money. That said, onii-san should have laid the pipe when the opportunity was there.

The only character I have liked so far was the chipper librarian girl.
delta5 said:
I've been to funerals that were more upbeat than this show. Someone needs to get these kids to a psychiatrist yesterday.

Yep they're mentally ill.
CarbonMDJul 13, 12:33 AM
Jul 13, 2:21 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to CarbonMD
SUCH a dreary show.

True to her stereotype, the girl throws herself at men for money. That said, onii-san should have laid the pipe when the opportunity was there.

The only character I have liked so far was the chipper librarian girl.
delta5 said:
I've been to funerals that were more upbeat than this show. Someone needs to get these kids to a psychiatrist yesterday.

Yep they're mentally ill.
@CarbonMD yes, the bookstore girl (I think that's the boy's part-time job) is so much better. He would really benefit from it, even just as a friend. Oh well...I'm just going to keep watching to see if hey get to the confession or first date by the end of the season. I'll send my condolences to them both lol. RIP.
Jul 14, 12:42 AM

Mar 2022
Didn't expect the anime showed what happen that day in the form of her diary and thought, but the ending scene in the bed was a bit confusing since they left some dialougue that were in the manga. 8.5/10 so far i like it. I was expecting they showed a bit of Saki's friend impression on her brother.
Jul 14, 7:31 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Raizer007
Wait a minute how did you get to watch the third episode?
I only found two!
@Raizer007 It seems it was leaked early from CR, I was confused too, but was able to find it, as a shitty source on nyaa.
And if anything, it seems like the first 3 episodes leaked very early in late June.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tape(s)

Rayane-47 - Aug 30

15 by Rayane-47 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29

83 by Noto0803 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15

85 by pansz »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8

77 by Rocky4042 »»
Aug 30, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22

68 by LuisSV23 »»
Aug 30, 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.