Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 5, 9:29 PM

May 2013
This has been ruminating around in my head for a wee bit now so why not make a thread? Anyway, this year I turned 29 (yuck) and obviously last month was pride month. Well I spent last pride month like all the others, hating myself. I don't think this is a new concept to anyone who knows me but I really do hate myself sometimes. By the end of June though I started feeling like I was missing out for some reason. Maybe a part of this is I have to pick and choose where I am not in the closet maybe, I dunno lol.

Regardless this has less to do with queer bullshit and more to do with self confidence and acceptance. Even though I don't particularly like being this way.

Have you ever had to grapple with self acceptance? How did you do so? Did everything work out? Share some stories and it can be about anything and your own struggles and life experiences. Over share with the class.

I feel like I am too old for that kind of self hate ya'know? Anyway.

Discuss below.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 9:49 PM

Mar 2013
"I got tired of hating myself and became apathetic" is the general sentiment I hear. When it comes to my self-acceptance, a similar sentiment holds true.

I care about being in a good place, but I also do not think about myself that often in that way. When I think of eating a bagel, it is not a matter of deserve, as in "I deserve a bagel", but a matter of want, "I want a goddamn everything bagel". Thinking about yourself in terms of incessant positivity seems nauseating, as someone as confident as myself does not really care to think about how great I am and how good I have it until someone disagrees with that.

Ursula K LeGuin might have a point.

"Rid yourself from the idea of earning, the idea of deserving, and you will be able to think."

As deserve might be the wrong word here, of earning. Not that I do not believe in basic meritocratic ideals, but when it comes to an inner sense of worth, the idea of whether one deserves good or bad things can be an utterly self-defeating one. For some people positive ideations of self-love work, while for other people it is easier to be detached to that idea, of having to continually work to be worthy of deserving anything.

You cannot find peace solely in external validation and all that. Not that it doesn't hurt. It depends on the mindset.
Jul 6, 12:26 AM

May 2024
I've accepted that I'll never be able to accept myself for who I am. At this point I've just started making fun of everything that happens around me, weirdly enough it's calming.

People love to say do this or that, listen to this or that, dump a bunch of inspirational quotes from ancient greek philosophers or sth and expect you to suddenly grab life by the balls and change, but it ain't that simple. Accepting reality and who you are is always going to be impossible for everyone. We can only accept little bits of ourselves and ignore the rest.

Personally I'm just lost. I'm 21 and have no clue what I even wanna do with life or even with my own mental and physical health. I started going to the gym about 8 months ago and I've made slow progress. I'm gonna be honest, I only did it cuz I was obese and madly in love with this girl from class. Now I'm 20 kilos lighter and have built substantial muscle mass, but I never got the girl and am purely continuing cuz of discipline. I have 0 motivation in life and a deep feeling of self-hatred constantly paining me. At this point, I don't care anymore, I'm just living in autopilot.

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think."
Jul 6, 1:09 AM

Sep 2016
I just hated myself so much that I grew tired of it after some time, accepting myself is less exhausting and since I'm a lazy dosser that's the way to go.
Jul 6, 1:53 AM

Jul 2021
You can't just change your standards for yourself, but you can change yourself to become who you want to be.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 6, 2:02 AM

Mar 2008
It's not so much that I do not accept myself, it is wanting to be accepted as I am so I can be myself and not be alone.
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Jul 6, 2:03 AM

Feb 2020
I've sort of come to accept that this probably is as good as my life will ever get.
At least it's not as dangerous and I have 1 home that is my base, and not being moved between 4 of them at the drop of a hat.
And I have actually done reasonable considering the lack of education I had, I have had fun in my life, and am doing some things I've missed out on.

But I worry about uncertainties still, especially if I end up in an NHS Hospital, because they likely won't have my correct medical records and won't listen to me explain my medical history or allergies, as I've seen this happen already to my Mother.

I think I'm pretty much going to be single forever, as I worry about my false history being discovered by a potential partner. My Mother allegedly abusing me being the worst one, as that got further built on even though I complained and asked them to erase it. I'd love to have kids, but I think that would be too dangerous, as would a partner be potentially for me, I just don't think I'd be worth all that baggage.

I don't have much family left, my parents are dead, my middle sibling has pretty much gone insane, and my eldest sis and her kids have always been a little distant because of the situation involving us.
My niece and nephew have partners, and whilst I don't think they are aware that they do it, I'm not always included in everything my family does, but i put up with it.
Even when I am included I feel incredibly socially awkward, but I put on a brave face. But I'm so far behind everyone else in life, and that saddens me a little.
Don't have friends either, would love to have someone to trust, confide in and have fun experiences with.
I know who I am and what I've been through, but my word and my family's has always counted for nothing, even with plenty of evidence.

My only hope would be court order for record sealing (which my mother had for some of hers) and maybe a new identity. But I'm proud of my name and family, and unfortunately my mother passed away before she could get back in touch with them about any potential (good) outcome being made aware of.
Little_SheeplingJul 6, 4:10 AM
Jul 6, 2:23 AM
white angel

Feb 2024
Nette said:
Have you ever had to grapple with self acceptance?

Not with self-acceptance maybe, but with some regrets of the past - yes. Something like bad decisions that burn you all the time, personal drama of something that can't be undone, missed opportunities etc. More like a usual existential crysis from a book, than self-hate.

Nette said:
How did you do so?

I traveled, moved a lot, kept myself busy. I'm not talking about burying myself with work at one place, it actually doesn't work: no matter how tired/exhausted you are, your inner demons come at night anyway. I mean leaving the comfort zone in general - it makes you look forward and not to the past, make plans, solve new complex problems etc. It gives you an impulse. The only problem with leaving your comfort zone is that you may not be able to return back, which is a very funny problem if you think about it.

Nette said:
Did everything work out?

Yes, it did. There is absolutely nothing better than leaving your nest, especially if it's a spider nest.
LoveYourSmileJul 6, 11:23 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jul 6, 2:26 AM

May 2013
I'll be real, I was high as shit when I made this thread and I am still fucked.

I'll read this stuff for sure but I doubt I will reply specifically, just yeah this thread is really fucking dumb.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 6, 2:32 AM
white angel

Feb 2024
Reply to Nette
I'll be real, I was high as shit when I made this thread and I am still fucked.

I'll read this stuff for sure but I doubt I will reply specifically, just yeah this thread is really fucking dumb.
@Nette You already wrote all these things here and there, I find it a very good summary. A wholesome thread, if you ask me - way better than all those poo and piss talks we see lately here. Don't be so self-critical, get a nap lol.
Jul 6, 3:21 AM

Jun 2024
I'm just 23 this year. I'm not perfect, and no one is. It's completely normal to grapple with self acceptance. It's a journey that's going to take some time.

Just try to make sure you surround yourself with supportive people who'll appreciate you for who you are. Always be kind to yourself and embrace it.
Jul 6, 4:49 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Even if it was just because you were high I kind of respect that you can just spill your guts like that. I always have a difficult time opening up to people. That's kind of one of the things I've had to come to accept, I guess.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jul 6, 6:37 AM

Jan 2009
self acceptance to me is easier said than done my inner demons overpowers my good side
Jul 6, 7:59 AM

Oct 2010
Sounds like a protective mechanism that has grown maladaptive over time.
Jul 6, 8:11 AM

Sep 2014
npc society should accept you rather than you worry about fitting into npc society.
Jul 6, 10:31 AM

Jul 2019
I used to hate some things about myself when I was little, my appearance especially, growing up in a predominantly asian area I stand out a bit for being somewhat mixed. My curly hair for example, people used to make fun of me, giving me stares, etc. and it made me hate how I look, I couldn't find a place where I can see myself belong to sometimes, y'know? Nowadays I'm still working to accept and love myself for who I am and how I look, trying to see and understand that this is what's best for me, learning my roots and appreciating it makes it easier to love and appreciate myself. Also finding people that truly see and love me for how and who I am, really helped. And the influence of social media and western culture coming to where I live also helped in toning down the "judginess" I guess, lol.

I like to think that I've come to a certain point to say that I love myself, being comfortable in my own skin and identity not giving too much thought as how other people perceive me. But the journey is still far from over. I appreciate you for sharing with us a bit about your experience with self-acceptance and self-confidence, and urging people to share a bit and talk about it, because I think that accepting yourself for who you really are, and loving yourself plays a big part in life. So thank you, and I wish you the very best moving forward from now!
I opened two gifts this morning and they were my eyes

How lucky am I to live another day in this body?

Jul 6, 10:36 AM

May 2013
Reply to DreamWindow
Even if it was just because you were high I kind of respect that you can just spill your guts like that. I always have a difficult time opening up to people. That's kind of one of the things I've had to come to accept, I guess.
@DreamWindow

Oversharing is a bad habit of mine which is why I must remain vigilant and hood myself accountable for failing this.

Which is why I made my second post.

Regardless I do appreciate all the replies.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 6, 2:26 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I accept who I am and where I am in life, but that doesn't mean I celebrate all aspects of it. There are some things about myself and some I dislike, and my goal is that over time I can work on improving these areas. However, I know that I will never do or become everything I imagine, and that's ok. As easy as it is for me to be critical of myself (often for good reason, as I would say), I've learned that dwelling on it does not solve anything and turns more into self-indulgence.
Jul 6, 2:48 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
You have habit of bleeding all over yourself. I mean this a friend. I didn't like myself most my life and saw my life as worthless. I realize I was created by a god that does value me and everyone on this planet. My many critiques of myself were place there from outside forces. Analysis myself I realize I did a lot of things wrong, said a lot things I shouldn't have, but done way more good than bad. Live with some regardless but don't let those eat at me.

Why do you hate yourself? Is it because your gay? Is it because the way people treat you? Is it something in your heart doesn't set right?
Jul 6, 8:54 PM

Feb 2016
I have always accepted myself. Sorry I can't help.
その目だれの目?
Jul 6, 10:10 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to Duckonator
Sounds like a protective mechanism that has grown maladaptive over time.
@Daconator Doubtless, a symptom of hanging around on MAL too often. (It was an easy setup, irresistible even.)

Anyway, life is full of external influences that we invariably wish to measure ourselves against, that invite us regularly to come to terms with our shortcomings. Self-acceptance comes from understanding who you are, what you know, what you know you don't know, what you want out of life, and what you are doing to make that happen, and rarely does anything wonderful occur overnight, so being at odds with who you are for a long time is not unusual. When I was younger, I learned that dissatisfaction was one of the proverbial whetstones I could use to hone myself.

29 is young, still plenty of time and energy to figure things out.
Jul 6, 10:57 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Lucifrost
I have always accepted myself. Sorry I can't help.
@Lucifrost I honestly wouldn't even claim that I particularly understand the concept.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 7, 12:19 AM
absent presence

Jul 2024
My old friend used to say a lot “When I die I want to…” yada yada when it came to plans or ideas and most times the thing was insanely sweet or terribly sad. She said she accepted death as a part of her because it’s inevitable to avoid.

I know it may be extreme but I kind of took how she linked death and her own being to me and the way I see myself. Instead of feeling dreadful and helpless that I’m stuck in this cycle of anxiety of hating myself and wishing for a new body, a new mind, I accepted that this is who I am and I can get better, my mother had to go through intense pain and stress to put me in this world, and I don’t want to live my life constantly seeking the warmth of acceptance that others will give me instead of covering myself with a full blanket to keep myself warm without them.
i love it when you look at me baby <3

⋆ GROTESQUE - lynch. ⋆
Jul 7, 1:40 AM

Sep 2016
JaniSIr said:
I honestly wouldn't even claim that I particularly understand the concept.

In my understanding self acceptance means to stop feeling bad about your failures in the past and who you are today.
Jul 7, 1:52 AM

May 2013
Well another day of non sobriety but nonetheless one I feel more inclined to respond to some replies.

@LoveYourSmile Reading yours I do get the looking at the past of whatever things are. As much as stuff like that fucks with me sometimes alot of the time it is easy to be numb. My self acceptance is who I am in the now. Alot of these feelings I have I get comes with the territory of BPD, which I was recently diagnosed with when seeking a second opinion on another older diagnosis. The big thing for me though is being whatever flavor of queer I am since I don't particularly want to be this way and I am told that isn't something I can just change. Why I wouldn't want to be is a bunch of varying reasons. I don't know why I am spilling my guts here on this but this thread seems to have a positive angle so I guess I am indulging regardless if it is good for me or not. Atleast this isn't self pity.

Your thing about how burying yourself in work doesn't work and it really doesn't. I tend to run myself ragged at work simply as a means to accomplish things but in the past year I have found something to do there that fills me with alot of happiness and that is helping the little critters. My workplace isn't safe for them so I relocate spiders, moths, grasshoppers and other buggos that I like. Trust me you haven't lived until you have handled a jumping spider and all it does is stare at you with its beady little eyes filled with curiosity. When they get like that they refuse to leave so you can be stuck with one on your arm for awhile. Lol.

@deg It really do be that way sometimes. In reality we all tend to be our worst enemies. It's lame but how much can we do in the face of crippling mental conditions?

@Amityblight Ultimately I am probably just really moody. Comes with the territory. When I get really high I tend to negatively spiral really hard which leads to thoughts like that. The core part is I don't like being different or abnormal. There are lines of normal and operating outside of them puts you somewhere adjacent to the fringes of society. I feel this right now trying to get back into dating and seeing if I can properly form a romantic bond ever again in my life but the queer community is so very much not normal in this regard. I get that cause I am that way alot of the time but casual stuff gets soul crushing after awhile. Regardless there is tons of self destruction in the LGBT community and I am trying to avoid falling into those traps again but to be this way means to interact with these other people.

I need sleep and I have overshared yet again. If one would admonish me for it then it would be warranted. Such a bad habit but this self awareness can only take me so far. Jesus I need to have atleast one sober day.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 7, 1:56 AM

Oct 2009
I would ask myself why do I hate myself? What is the character trait I dislike and are my feelings entirely rational? Sometimes we can be our worst critics and be hard on ourselves on things that don't really matter. Conversely, I see people overlooking their worst traits because they are hypocritical so getting the balance right is tricky. Whether your flaws are justified or not you need to make sure not to see this as a matter of self-worth. If your self-loathing is grounded on some real flaws there are always opportunities to self-improve.

30 is still relatively young and there is plenty of time to change things. The key is not to see a deficiency as a moral failure but rather an opportunity to grow as a person. To grow and not stagnate as we grow older is all about developing the right mindset. We all have some regrets in life that is part of being human. It is what we do to overcome those setbacks that can set us apart from our peers.

Conversely if the traits you dislike are not actual bad traits i.e. they do not harm others or yourself then I would just say our differences is what adds flavour to life. I think, and this is especially true when we are younger i.e under 20 that fitting in to the standard way of living is paramount to living a "happy" life. But really there are many ways to enjoy life. You do what works for you and try not to care what others say or do (easier said than done granted). People may try and impose their beliefs onto you and may even judge you negatively for doing otherwise. But if what you do is not morally wrong then why do care what other people think? You need to do stuff in your life that adds value to YOU and not others. Not everyone needs 2.1 kids a picket fence and a dog. You do not need to follow conventional thinking and a lot of people are way happier walking off the beaten path.
monsta666Jul 7, 2:03 AM
Jul 7, 2:20 AM

Mar 2008
Nette said:
Ultimately I am probably just really moody. Comes with the territory. When I get really high I tend to negatively spiral really hard which leads to thoughts like that.

Well it is an emotion enhancer. I think how it does that is increase awareness of your own thoughts and feelings. So if your thoughts are not good you will feel bad.
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Jul 7, 2:47 AM

Sep 2016
Nette said:
I have overshared yet again

Why do you bother about "oversharing" on an anonymous online platform? They exist for sharing and talking about things you wouldn't dare to elsewhere.
Jul 7, 2:51 AM
white angel

Feb 2024
@Nette You are easily the most "normal" adult person I met here in this doomed section of the forums (according my own bizarre standards lol). There no living without pain, that's ok. Not sure how it helps, just wanted to share. Stay safe, bro.
Jul 7, 9:20 AM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
@Nette I understand Drinking made my depression worst. One of my main reasons I stopped been sober for two years. Weed and alcohol when stop doing that stuff you realize just how lame drugs are. I never celebrated LGBT garbage since no love involved just sexual degenerates partying and crying about "oppression".

I don't view you as abnormal, I view you as a cool person with some mental issues like all these forums users have ( if you noticed I left I'm only here to check on animes and some of my friends. I am not mentally ill the conversations worthless too me).

You need to talk to me or sol about something serious we listen. I talk about my problem with close on net all the time.

Dating scene gonna be hard you find somewhere genuine people hangout. Think clubs and bars wack no one who is relationship material is there.
Jul 7, 3:56 PM

May 2013
@Zarutaku Atleast this makes me happy that my cringe era is most likely forgotten. Anti psychotics really fucked me up bad.

@LoveYourSmile I have friends who call me a normie with my normie problems. Dont know if that's good or bad though lol.

@Amityblight I appreciate you and Sol for sure, some days I'm just retarded lol.

@traed Yeah, some days it fucks me up real bad, well most days, but I still do it lol. That's always been a bad habit but atleast I'm not hugging the toilet vomiting and crying like I was in 2020/2021. This is a step up when it comes to me and my relationship with substances.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 8, 4:17 AM

Mar 2016
i was born with a rare illness that slowly tries to kill me. so my body is weaker than normal people

when i was very young i always asked why am i different. why cant i be like other kids. why can they do that but i cant?
and at around age 16 i lost the ability to walk and heard some bad news about me dying in an early age. after the news came i was in a bad state of mind, every single day i had to go to the hospital, every single day i kept asking why was a born like this? i kept asking myself why do i even bother going to the hospital everyday if it's just going to kill me eventually. i hated my self and i was jealous of everyone around me.
i blamed my parents, i blamed almost everyone i knew. i kept wishing for death day by day. i used money to bully people because back then bullying made me happy. i was bringing everyone down. in my early 20s my body was getting worse and worse and i thought my death was near. i became more destructive after that and ruined alot of my relationships with alot of people.

when i was age 24 something changed. i just realized that acting like that wont change anything. i started to accept the fact that im different and my situation wont ever change. i didn't see anypoint in acting like a dick to everyone. i accepted the fact that i will die sooner or later so id rather die happy. i started to apologize to people i hurt. some forgave me and some didn't and i'm fine with that. i took my health seriously and i wanted to live longer. i became friendlier to everyone i meet. i realized that i want my life or whatever i have left to have meaning.

to be honest i can't give any advice because i'm not sure what you're going through. i just want to share my story
Jul 8, 6:02 AM

Aug 2021
just in general, hating urself, hating others, being angry, sad, all sorts of negativity - those take so much energy out of u, to the point that u cant do anything else
im not saying struggling to love urself is easy, cuz its not, and it doesnt give u the instant hit like negativity does, but its worth try not to reinforce all those brain mechanisms that make u hate urself
its good to give urself space, time, caress urself, tell urself thats its okay, and that ure fine, that ure enough, that u can take the little steps forward

like for me i was taught to treat myself like i were treated by a dictator or something, punish myself, be mean towards myself, ignore my needs, come up with the most vile words that i know would hurt me for sure and just repeat them in my head over and over again
and that shits terrible, i dont deserve that treatmeant, i wouldnt ever treat anybody like this - then why have i been treating myself like this for so long?
maybe this shit was necessary to survive during my childhood, but now, as an adult, those are ways of dealing with reality that id want to leave behind in the past, those arent necessary for me any longer
u know what im saying
Jul 11, 11:17 PM

May 2021
Nette said:
Oversharing is a bad habit of mine

Better than undersharing, I'd say :) sometimes getting meaningful information out of someone is quite a mission lol

Nette said:
vomiting and crying

Randomly reminded me of this album :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAfrKck_8ZE

I think I might edit some of the things below tomorrow...it doesn't seem to be informative or easy to follow, but I can't function anymore. I need to sleep lol
EDIT: Hmmm I think I'll leave it as it is for now, and then maybe cut out most of it at a later date.

-YaoiBoy-Jul 12, 6:57 AM
Oct 10, 4:08 PM

Sep 2024
I've always been pretty much at ease with myself and I can't explain where this is coming from (surely not from a perfect childhood) and why I am like this. I just got this stubbornness of not letting anyone dragging me down, which includes myself.
I've had some self-esteem issues as a teenager (and still do have some, but who doesn't), but not nearly as bad as some other people seem to have.
Oct 10, 6:55 PM

Jul 2015
In my case, it's getting better as I grow older. Can't wait to be in my 40s and fully functional 😂

Don't be afraid of getting older, and take care of yourself, OP
Oct 10, 11:06 PM

Dec 2013
I accept my self, but not the physical chronic pain situation I'm in now

Oct 11, 1:42 AM

Dec 2016
Kinda hard to demoralize somebody who isn't exactly impressed with humanity already.
The Exterminatus feedback loop.

Oct 11, 1:18 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
answer is always the same, you hate yourself because you have no discipline and you don't work out enough
Oct 11, 1:39 PM

Sep 2024
Yes, self acceptance is hard when you got criticized for being gay by some boys in highschool. I would always ask myself "Am I really gay?" "Should I stop being gay?" these boys broke me, they always had something to say to me for what I chose so it made self acceptance even harder. They deprived me of self confidence and my grades ended up slipping which affected me in the long run. When it was June they were even worse saying "Are you gonna go to the pride festival?" and said "It's your month" which annoyed me. My friends were a great help though, when they were there they stuck up for me and reassured me that nothing is wrong with me. They ended up stopping a year later and didn't talk to me which was great for me, I felt better about myself. Highschool wasn't all bad though, I had some of my best years there and now I'm taking online classes for college.

I told myself to not take anymore bullshit from anyone who had anything to say. I don't have issues with anyone anymore which is good for me, I never liked to argue with other people and now I'm doing great and thriving.
"When clouds appear, wise men put on their cloaks;
When great leaves fall, the winter is at hand;
When the sun sets, who doth not look for night?
Untimely storms make men expect a dearth."

William Shakespeare
Oct 14, 11:14 AM

Sep 2020
As much as I fear for my MAL Account by admitting this – particularly due to the fact I just got back from a 1 month ban – I’m actaully a huge suicide advocate.

Humans are a cancer and most of the people who are suicidal are useless to the human condition as they willfully contribute nothing of real value to the world and foolishly think superficial actions like paying taxes or helping the poor negates the negativity they cause on a daily basis. Therefore their deaths are actaully beneficial to the grand scheme of things. But if your honestly LGBT I have a shit ton of respect for you. I love how much your very existence turns fascist christian scum red in face. But mostly because you’re kind doesn’t breed.

In today’s sociopotlical landscape of climate denialists and potheads. I seriously love and respect you for your lack of contribution to the gene pool. That’s not me trolling or trying to be a contrarian or whatever label this forum wishes to slap on me. I legitimately find you useful for not breeding. And you should feel proud too because weather you want to believe it or not…that’s a contribution. Mostly because I’m sure your still an idiot that doesn’t understand the consequences of their existence, and do jack shit to counteract it. By going vegetarian and casting out fossil fuels from your life you would be contributing heavily to society. But I doubt that's the case. And if you were to breed you would no doubt just imprint that ignorance on to your child. Therefore your lifestyle is still extremely beneficial in the long run.

As far as myself and self-acceptance, contrary to what you guys may think…I never really had a problem.

You would think being a willfully unemployed troglodyte with no friends or a love life would depress me. But nope I’m quite fulfilled. Because I know what people are and I have no intention of playing along with them.

I knew even as a high school freshmen that everyone was willfully undereducated and less rational then me and therefore took any criticism they had towards me as the words of a sheep suffering from the Dunning Kruger Effect. Whenever some Christian, muslim or dumbass liberal that wanted to protect them gave me shit for wanking off to lolicon or watching anime I consulted the scriptures of the two faiths and there history of clergy abuse and fascism and I just laughed it off as demented virtue signaling from willfully uneducated posers trying to be something they weren’t…intelligent and relevant. In no way did you stupid monkeys that lack so much insight into their own history with an education limited by cultural biases have the intellectual or moral high ground to lecture me on shit like ethics and maturity.

I’ve never had the slightest bit of desire to seek out acceptance from you stooges. Given what you normees are I consider being hated by you to be the greatest of rewards.

Honestly? Looking back as far as I can on my life….I think it would be safe to conclude that I was born a narcissist. I was reading astrology books and took up reading economics and before I even went to high school. I wouldn’t be surprised if I was wearing shades and a gold chain when my whore mother shat me out.

All it takes to have self-acceptance is to look at all of the fucken sheep around you who refuse to learn and change for the betterment of the world and conclude that these dipshit aren’t worth the life they’ve been given due to the biases and double standards. A bunch of fucken dipshits that buy into an ethical philosophy that condones slavery, genocide and mutilation and willfully chooses to engage in activities that kills themselves and other people think you’re a deluded freak?

Who gives a shit!?

These dumb fucks would rather look at the double standards and hypocrisies of others without watching out for those same qualities in themselves. And that makes them incapable of unbiased criticism with the dumbest and most irrational prerequisites to justify there unsubstaneated egos. My advice is the same advice I give everyone who struggles with a lack of self-worth…stop giving a shit!! You own nothing to such a selfish and willfully ignorant society.

But again, if you don’t want to listen to me and find social acceptance such an important thing and you can't cope without it…I say kill yourself. You're bitchy and whiney because you don't have toxicity in your life. That's kind of stupid. And if you die...that's one less mouth to feed.
TheSuaveOct 14, 11:25 AM
I LOVE Loli Hentai

Send me a PM if you want to debate my talking points.
Oct 14, 11:47 AM

Oct 2024
I don't feel like reading all the replies to this but I did read the main post (and the short one where you said you were high when you made this thread) and all I gotta say is, it depends on where you are. Not location wise, though that's a big help too. If you're in a country accepting of LGBT people, then you can definitely sort out this stuff faster.

I'm 30 (yum, because I never expected to get to this age lol) and I had to understand my sexuality one way or another, but I basically got it right this time around. I mean, I do like women, but I also like men and that makes me bisexual. It took me a while to realize this (and accept it, which was the more difficult part), mainly because people purposely confuse the definition of these terms (lesbian, bisexual), so I thought I was a lesbian for a while.

Anyway, this is to say, I don't hate myself anymore. Maybe it's because there's bigger stuff to hate (for example my personality disorder), so there's literally no shortage of stuff to work on or think about in a negative (or positive) light. I do my best not to think about why I keep postponing important stuff in my life and just work toward being better than I was yesterday. Sometimes I work hard, sometimes I chill even harder.

I don't know the first thing about self confidence and acceptance, but time does fix almost anything. If you give your feelings some time, you'll eventually arrive at a different understanding of things. And of course, some things are better talked with a therapist. This way, you can better understand where you're coming from and all.

Not sure if what I'm writing here makes any sense. Self acceptance is a nebulous concept sometimes and it can take decades to arrive to the right page. Even so, it's not impossible. You can definitely turn the tide around and start accepting who you are, even today.

For me, what helped a bit is listening to Thewizardliz on Youtube. I know this may sound stupid, but she's encouraging people to be unapologetically themselves and have confidence in who they are. She's cool, has gone through a lot to get where she is right now and some of her advice might help.
𝔰𝔢𝔱 𝔟𝔶 ℌ𝔢𝔯𝔯𝔰𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫                                  
Oct 14, 12:21 PM

Sep 2016
TheSuave said:
As much as I fear for my MAL Account by admitting this – particularly due to the fact I just got back from a 1 month ban – I’m actaully a huge suicide advocate.

Humans are a cancer and most of the people who are suicidal are useless to the human condition as they willfully contribute nothing of real value to the world and foolishly think superficial actions like paying taxes or helping the poor negates the negativity they cause on a daily basis. Therefore their deaths are actaully beneficial to the grand scheme of things. But if your honestly LGBT I have a shit ton of respect for you. I love how much your very existence turns fascist christian scum red in face. But mostly because you’re kind doesn’t breed.

In today’s sociopotlical landscape of climate denialists and potheads. I seriously love and respect you for your lack of contribution to the gene pool. That’s not me trolling or trying to be a contrarian or whatever label this forum wishes to slap on me. I legitimately find you useful for not breeding. And you should feel proud too because weather you want to believe it or not…that’s a contribution. Mostly because I’m sure your still an idiot that doesn’t understand the consequences of their existence, and do jack shit to counteract it. By going vegetarian and casting out fossil fuels from your life you would be contributing heavily to society. But I doubt that's the case. And if you were to breed you would no doubt just imprint that ignorance on to your child. Therefore your lifestyle is still extremely beneficial in the long run.

As far as myself and self-acceptance, contrary to what you guys may think…I never really had a problem.

You would think being a willfully unemployed troglodyte with no friends or a love life would depress me. But nope I’m quite fulfilled. Because I know what people are and I have no intention of playing along with them.

I knew even as a high school freshmen that everyone was willfully undereducated and less rational then me and therefore took any criticism they had towards me as the words of a sheep suffering from the Dunning Kruger Effect. Whenever some Christian, muslim or dumbass liberal that wanted to protect them gave me shit for wanking off to lolicon or watching anime I consulted the scriptures of the two faiths and there history of clergy abuse and fascism and I just laughed it off as demented virtue signaling from willfully uneducated posers trying to be something they weren’t…intelligent and relevant. In no way did you stupid monkeys that lack so much insight into their own history with an education limited by cultural biases have the intellectual or moral high ground to lecture me on shit like ethics and maturity.

I’ve never had the slightest bit of desire to seek out acceptance from you stooges. Given what you normees are I consider being hated by you to be the greatest of rewards.

Honestly? Looking back as far as I can on my life….I think it would be safe to conclude that I was born a narcissist. I was reading astrology books and took up reading economics and before I even went to high school. I wouldn’t be surprised if I was wearing shades and a gold chain when my whore mother shat me out.

All it takes to have self-acceptance is to look at all of the fucken sheep around you who refuse to learn and change for the betterment of the world and conclude that these dipshit aren’t worth the life they’ve been given due to the biases and double standards. A bunch of fucken dipshits that buy into an ethical philosophy that condones slavery, genocide and mutilation and willfully chooses to engage in activities that kills themselves and other people think you’re a deluded freak?

Who gives a shit!?

These dumb fucks would rather look at the double standards and hypocrisies of others without watching out for those same qualities in themselves. And that makes them incapable of unbiased criticism with the dumbest and most irrational prerequisites to justify there unsubstaneated egos. My advice is the same advice I give everyone who struggles with a lack of self-worth…stop giving a shit!! You own nothing to such a selfish and willfully ignorant society.

But again, if you don’t want to listen to me and find social acceptance such an important thing and you can't cope without it…I say kill yourself. You're bitchy and whiney because you don't have toxicity in your life. That's kind of stupid. And if you die...that's one less mouth to feed.

Suicide won't solve a thing however, because the freed resources will simply lead to other people having more children instead.
It's basically a law of life that all species procreate until the lack of resources limits the population.
Oct 14, 8:20 PM

May 2013
Reply to TheSuave

Who gives a shit!?

@TheSuave

In the end no matter how bad I feel about myself I can atleast have comfort in not being this mentally ill but I will assume this is a copy pasta and a shitpost because I really do hope you aren't real.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Oct 14, 9:27 PM

Jul 2021
I don't know if this is worth sharing or not but this is what I think about self-acceptance: I think that it's outright wrong (with some exceptions here and there but I'm lazy and I don't want to lose ten or twenty minutes in getting too artistic about this).

I want you to imagine the people who truly accept themselves and ask yourself if they are ever worth aspiring to be. Personally I'd say not. Because when you choose to 'accept yourself', you're also allowing yourself to live by your own standards. And people who live by their own standards are some of the most awful people. They are selfish to consider themselves enough when they haven't necessarily made anyone's lives any better. In fact, you'll find that those who break law and order for their own gain are much the same for that they accept themselves, at least enough so as to believe that their cause is greater than the just society that is found preferable by pretty much any valued, working member of society.

Instead of seeking to accept yourself, seek that others accept you. And how do you do that? By making yourself needed. Do something that enriches the lives of others. They WILL appreciate that. You will almost certainly find acceptance, and for a good reason no less. Because being charitable is noble.

Just in general, that's a fantastic way to deal with negative emotions; focusing on what you can do for others instead of whatever is troubling you. Get yourself out of your own head and do something that will make you feel - and in fact be - valued.

That's my two cents on this issue. And as for me, I hope I will never accept myself.
Oct 15, 12:04 PM

Oct 2009
Yea I suck, but so does everyone else. I can spend all day thinking I'm worthless but that ain't gonna get me pussy and money.

Oct 15, 1:51 PM

Aug 2019
i starter acpt my life when a hit 25
idk if is Just the age hitting or just my brain that is getting tired of suffering self pity
you living life long enough you Just deal with stuff better
your own brain telling "get over it bitch im tired"
im tired as well
it is what it is
i used to get stuck in the past, shit memories of the past
i no longer think about that
i dont overthink shit anymore
is Just it is w it is
i cant change my past
i hit 25 i left my past in the past
i gotta move on
cant live my whole life living with that mindset
being a retarded coward self pity
i get tired of my own bullshit
we get old and die its time to move on
life is not for cowards like me
sometimes you gotta fight 4yourself
nobody will hold my hand forever

my only problem now is discipline
i dont have it

Oct 15, 2:29 PM

Sep 2024
Reply to TheSuave

Who gives a shit!?

@TheSuave

Fear not, little edgelord, quite a lot of queer people either get pregnant too or adopt children.
Oct 15, 8:35 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to LittleOwlbear
@TheSuave

Fear not, little edgelord, quite a lot of queer people either get pregnant too or adopt children.
@LittleOwlbear The primary environmental concern is overpopulation. Adopting is better than breeding because it avoids adding another mouth to feed and spend resources on. While adopting a child still has environmental implications related to raising a child, it lessens the environmental impact of birthing a new individual.

And while LGBT folk do breed they breed at an infinitesimal rate in comparison to heterosexual couples, Meaning they consume fewer resources and contribute less waste and pollution. Like I said Nette may still be an idiot and decide to breed. But since he/she probably won't spawn due to their sexuality. She's more useful than she thinks.
TheSuaveOct 25, 2:00 PM
I LOVE Loli Hentai

Oct 25, 2:01 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Nette
@TheSuave

In the end no matter how bad I feel about myself I can atleast have comfort in not being this mentally ill but I will assume this is a copy pasta and a shitpost because I really do hope you aren't real.
@Nette Would I waste 20 minutes of my life writing that post If I wasn't?
I LOVE Loli Hentai

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » law of attraction aka we attract what we focus on and is link with self fulfilling prophecy

deg - 5 hours ago

10 by BatoKusanagi »»
14 minutes ago

» 2024–25 NBA season ( 1 2 )

deg - Jun 26

67 by deg »»
37 minutes ago

» Did RPG die?

VanniePon - Yesterday

22 by philtecturophy »»
2 hours ago

» Are there any Male MAL users here?

tsukareru - 3 hours ago

6 by Dumb »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » like attracts like or opposites attract

deg - 4 hours ago

3 by Kwanthemaster »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.