Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 7:58 AM

Oct 2017
Great artwork and premise but wasted potential. I hope author comes back with something better and will be better prepared next time. I really liked the artwork.
Jun 16, 8:15 AM

Jun 2014
Welp, that's a wrap. I had a feeling early on that this one wouldn't survive very long, just a shame it didn't even reach 20 chapters. Feels like there was definitely potential especially with what this final chapter hinted at, but that WSJ axe is ruthless.

The art was amazing, and for what this was and what it was able to do in 17 chapters, it was decent. Hope the author can bounce back with something that can last, because they are a very talented artist.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 16, 9:07 AM

Dec 2016
Looking at last two double pages and ending author clearly had ideas for this series but it's sad japan didn't liked his series.
Funny enough author could return with soft reboot sequel that would show how world changed after those data became "public", so I will wait for their next work.

Overall I enjoyed this series, and kinda hope/wonder if there will be extra chapter in final volume.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.102/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.175/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.95/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.70/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.58/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jun 16, 11:43 AM
Dec 2023
Well it’s over. So sad. The art was great, I wish the story was better but it was fun! My favorite out of the newer mangas on shonen jump (apart from Astro baby) but well it ends. It could have been better, but I hope the author learns from this. Was a great ride, see you guys next time
Jun 16, 11:47 AM
Dec 2023
thebrentinator24 said:
Welp, that's a wrap. I had a feeling early on that this one wouldn't survive very long, just a shame it didn't even reach 20 chapters. Feels like there was definitely potential especially with what this final chapter hinted at, but that WSJ axe is ruthless.

The art was amazing, and for what this was and what it was able to do in 17 chapters, it was decent. Hope the author can bounce back with something that can last, because they are a very talented artist.

I just can’t believe they chose to axe this manga first. I had the best art out of all the new ones. Personally just me and my crazy rants but I’m pretty annoyed that they chose to axe this over super psychic policeman chojo but eh.
Jun 16, 12:07 PM
Jan 2021
I understand somewhat why it got axed, but I wish we had a few more chapters to fully wrap it up. Did they survive, or die. Did they leave the island or make it their new home. Will they give the data over or refuse and make an enemy of the government/org who hired them. Do these creatures that make mythical creatures look cute ever become a reality?
Jun 16, 7:16 PM

Apr 2022
welp, not really surprised about this getting axed.
Jun 16, 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
Not surprised, you can say the art was amazing, but it just didn't have good readability when put into action. Hopefully author can work on that for their next series.

That page where he was reacting to all the side characters turning up felt like a parody, lol.
Jun 16, 11:29 PM
May 2021
Shit series, shit story only thing gd was the art.
Jun 17, 7:28 AM
Feb 2016
ugh hoped for a flashforward epilogue ending, not one that just stopped. I'll read the next story this mangaka makes, the art goes hard.
Jun 19, 5:32 PM

Oct 2012
even if this was axed, this was probably the worst final chapter ive ever read.

it had potential but once again the japanese voters out did themselves and chose to axe this instead of robocco and kagurabaichi
Jun 19, 6:40 PM
Aug 2020
sad to end the story like that...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 19, 11:47 PM

May 2010
The author clearly had no clue how to wrap this up. This had a strong start but the last leg of the series was some of the most rushed trash I have ever had the displeasure of reading. Nothing mattered and the ending had no emotional payoff. I felt nothing but pissed reading the final panels. Rest in piss this is the most wasted potential a series has ever had. The art was good but maybe they need to be paired with a writer.
Jun 26, 7:54 PM

Mar 2019
To no one's surprise, the series was cancelled, I really believed it wouldn't last long, good luck to the author next time.
Jul 12, 4:10 AM
Jul 2019
linkmax1412 said:
The author clearly had no clue how to wrap this up. This had a strong start but the last leg of the series was some of the most rushed trash I have ever had the displeasure of reading. Nothing mattered and the ending had no emotional payoff. I felt nothing but pissed reading the final panels. Rest in piss this is the most wasted potential a series has ever had. The art was good but maybe they need to be paired with a writer.

Bro he got axed because of low ratings he had to rush it so it could piss off from the magazine 😭
Jul 12, 2:10 PM
Feb 2020
I cant believe the friend wasnt a fake-out

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dear Anemone Chapter 14 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 26

6 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 12, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dear Anemone Chapter 3 Discussion

ARK-13 - Mar 3

9 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 29, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Dear Anemone Chapter 1 Discussion

ARK-13 - Feb 18

37 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 29, 4:44 AM

» Can’t List As Complete!

Kaidec10 - Jun 21

5 by TheColdMayor »»
Jun 21, 2:48 PM

» Axed

MegamiRem - Jun 13

12 by AureliaSC »»
Jun 19, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.