Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, they really wanted to give the girls some time to bond this episode, before the big battle against the betting God. Nel isn't shy at all and is very happy to be part of the group.

There's mind games being played and honestly, it feels like the God knows how to play mental games against others. A dangerous challenge imo.
May 27, 6:37 AM

Dec 2021
New arc, new god.

The Bookmaker is a deity who erases one loss of an apostle by winning a wager with a companion. To reinstate Nel as an apostle, Fey and the others decided to challenge the Betting God. The group returned to the Ruin Branch to hold a welcome party for Nell. After the party, the girls deepened their friendship in the bath... And now, Nell is finally ready to challenge the Betting God.

Yawn dude. How are the gods getting lazier and lazier?

May 27, 7:04 AM

May 2015
The Bookmaker might as well be a mindreader the way they had Nel's head on a swivel. This game of poker was fun to watch in my book, and i'm excited to see how the Bookmaker's tactics change to deal with Fey.
May 27, 7:04 AM

Apr 2014
Her name is Nel Reckless, but what she did throughout the episode was not reckless at all.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 27, 7:38 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
This new god makes me want to drag my face against concrete, each god continues to be more bland than the previous.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
May 27, 10:42 AM
Nov 2015
Playing poker is difficult if only one player has something to lose.
May 27, 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
Nel has to be the worst poker player in the world...what an idiot.
May 27, 11:32 AM
May 2021
Well well I thought she would win but Fay literally Gave up his 3 wins "As planned" lmao. He wants to enjoy more game with the goddess most probably
May 27, 4:19 PM

May 2019
This was my favorite episode so far (although that's not saying much) but IMO the most reckless person here was Fay when he put up 3 of his wins (WTH was he thinking??). I liked the suspense that the poker game provided and I actually thought Nel was going to make a comeback.

While I thought that was going to be the end of the gaming session with the bookmaker it looks like Fay is going to somehow force a loss removal for Nel and I assume to erase his 3 losses (not sure if he is able to do both).
May 27, 11:48 PM
Nov 2018
This episode was the worse. It was supposed to be something like redemption for Nel, for her to build confidence. Fay ends up taking the spotlight.
May 28, 2:19 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to Moppit
This episode was the worse. It was supposed to be something like redemption for Nel, for her to build confidence. Fay ends up taking the spotlight.
@Moppit I was about to say the same thing. What's the point of building up Nel's character if Fay has to swoop in and save her at the end? Also, he basically gave up 3 wins for almost no reason, and the only consequence I can see is Nel being indebted to him further. There's no way she'll not feel guilty after he lost 3 (and potentially 6) wins just to get her back into the game.
May 28, 6:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This episode is just beyond ridiculous. I don't get Fay way of thinking betting three chips for some unknown chick begging to play with you, while you can do the bet with just one? Yes, you only need one damn lose to reverse??? And now he's betting another three again because he's a damn mc and can do damn everything he do to look damn cool since he's a damn mc, yes a damn mc. I even repeat it three times thanks from this episode bright idea. Dude really. Perhaps the author behind this actually have a very big giga tera ultra brain by thinking this kind of plot is actually good.

No my dear sir or mam whatever. In my humble honored lowly opinion, Ex-Arm is actually far more better.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 28, 7:05 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to badabass
This episode is just beyond ridiculous. I don't get Fay way of thinking betting three chips for some unknown chick begging to play with you, while you can do the bet with just one? Yes, you only need one damn lose to reverse??? And now he's betting another three again because he's a damn mc and can do damn everything he do to look damn cool since he's a damn mc, yes a damn mc. I even repeat it three times thanks from this episode bright idea. Dude really. Perhaps the author behind this actually have a very big giga tera ultra brain by thinking this kind of plot is actually good.

No my dear sir or mam whatever. In my humble honored lowly opinion, Ex-Arm is actually far more better.
@badabass and even if he did it because he believed she could win. you sew for yourself how many mistakes she did during her moves. the only correct move she did was to fold in the first round
May 28, 7:07 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Tanaka_Tomoyuki
@Moppit I was about to say the same thing. What's the point of building up Nel's character if Fay has to swoop in and save her at the end? Also, he basically gave up 3 wins for almost no reason, and the only consequence I can see is Nel being indebted to him further. There's no way she'll not feel guilty after he lost 3 (and potentially 6) wins just to get her back into the game.
@Tanaka_Tomoyuki also you seen she did lots of mistakes during her moves with the only correct one was fold in the first round of the game
May 28, 8:12 AM
Sep 2021
So, Nel lost but Fay is there rest is up to him.
May 28, 8:57 AM
Nov 2018
@Tanaka_Tomoyuki I think I kinda figure out where the rest of the episodes are going to be. Like you said, this will make Nel more indebted to Fay. He still "believes" in her even at her worst. Nel is now part of the family, and she should blindly trust them. Plus, if Fay stays at 6 wins when he hits 10, Lesha will only have 7, and then Fay couldn't play anymore. So they had to erase 3 wins somehow.
MoppitMay 28, 9:46 AM
May 28, 9:11 AM

Aug 2020
Winning or losing is a matter of mindset as well...

May 28, 9:45 AM
Nov 2018
AkeZZZ said:
Her name is Nel Reckless, but what she did throughout the episode was not reckless at all.

In a way, it does make sense. Being reckless is what caused her 3 losses. She still wanted to be part of the games, even if it's just being support on the side lines. Fay is willing to give her a second chance by offering something very valuable that he didn't need to do. She took her one chance and didn't know how to handle it.
May 28, 2:26 PM

Feb 2016
This episode was more about Pearl's breasts that the game itself.
May 28, 5:36 PM

Aug 2022
Nine episodes in, the anime decided to randomly put in a bathing scene. While I appreciate the fanservice, I have to ask "Why only now?" I dunno. Maybe someone remembered that this series was labeled as an "ecchi" anime. Alas, it doesn't feel any more "ecchi" than your typical anime bath fanservice.

As if the fanservice scene wasn't half baked enough, Leoleshea goes missing during the "sexy" proceedings. Huh? Is it because she feels insecure with her body? It's not like she has a "I want to be known for my gaming skills, not for my breasts" clause in her contract.

Groman said:
This episode was more about Pearl's breasts that the game itself.

Or Nel's thighs for that matter... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 28, 10:51 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Moppit
@Tanaka_Tomoyuki I think I kinda figure out where the rest of the episodes are going to be. Like you said, this will make Nel more indebted to Fay. He still "believes" in her even at her worst. Nel is now part of the family, and she should blindly trust them. Plus, if Fay stays at 6 wins when he hits 10, Lesha will only have 7, and then Fay couldn't play anymore. So they had to erase 3 wins somehow.
@Moppit Yeah, I agree. But I bet they'll just brush away the matter where Fay and Lesha put unnecessary pressure on Nel and pretend the two of them didn't do anything wrong.

Like, c'mon. Who the f bets 3 wins on their teammate like that? If I were Nel, I would be crushed under the pressure and weight of expectations. The anime made it look like a whimsical thing to do, but it actually is quite telling of Fay's incompetent leadership. Of course, the author is gonna behave like Fay did nothing wrong because he's the protagonist and therefore can do no wrong.
May 29, 8:04 AM
Apr 2023
No wonder they treated us with a lot fanservice with Nel and Pearl, this episode really ended with a bitter note for whatever it tried to be.
Jun 1, 3:22 PM

Nov 2009
I am here for the giant round watermelons.

( ♡ Y ♡ )

Nel: "They're just so arousing" "So Boing-Boing-da"

I agree.

___ ___ ___

Huh... interesting... so Bookmaster copies their opponent to play but with mind games.

Which is technically true for Poker, that's why the "Poker Face" exists, it's all part of the "mind game".

Also... now we're going into the world of "No Game No Life" eh....

amlgJun 1, 3:38 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 10, 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
The Bookmaker is Nel's only chance to erase her losses, and though she's under a lot of immense pressure, she gets some rest time with both Leshea and Pearl...until the baths give Nel deep pressure again for seeing Pearl's big boobs. A failure Nel's not yet.

Nel tackling the Bookmaker...is another Nel: Gremoire, the Unstable Polyphonic God, and Fay putting half of his wins at stake, as if that doesn't already give enough pressure on Nel to win against Gremoire. And the game to decide that: a simple Texas Hold 'Em style Poker game that tests the psychological mind, which links to her resolve. It's best not to think that she's using Fay's wins as a bet, but purely her own against Gremoire, and yet, she still lost badly...which Fay knows that he already won, and tries to bet more of it, only to get forced into her Three Cheats game.

Winning isn't enough, now is to outwit a god.
Jun 25, 12:47 AM

Jan 2011
Fay playing 6D chess by pissing away his wins. There was no need to do any of this. Holy fuck this reeks of just wanting to stretch out your story. Also good on the story for shitting on Nel after building her up. It's insane how Fay has to look good no matter the episode. What a dumpster fire.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 2, 3:15 PM
Jul 2022
Playing poker with such a low number of hands is less about the psychology and mostly just dumb luck. How is this supposed to be a tense struggle someone can actually try to win through putting in the effort?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6

28 by Railen »»
Aug 26, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24

35 by dhell26 »»
Aug 17, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17

22 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 12, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3

31 by lasodamos »»
Jul 28, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 15

29 by lasodamos »»
Jul 23, 1:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.