Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 5, 10:53 AM
Apr 2023
finally this piece of hot garbage ended. im free of the suffering that is watching Ninja Kamui
May 5, 10:53 AM

Oct 2019
Ill be honest, kinda was zoning out this ep. Fight at the end was kinda cool but story i couldnt give a crap about. My enjoyment of the series went down after each week with the focus shifting towards mechs. I think the auza stuff shouldnt have been much of a focus and just focused on the ninja clan but thats me.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

May 5, 10:54 AM
Oct 2020
So its no one talking about who saved the president at the end? Who was it, the plot is easy and straightforward the fight scene of this CGI mecha was ok compared to higan VS zai overall 7.5.
May 5, 11:01 AM
Nov 2018
7.5/10 is pretty accurate. Started out really well but the mechas took away some animation points tbh

Really like that Mike and the MC survived though unlike revenge stories where everyoen dies

I also like that the MC understood that life is still worth living as his wife taught him

And I am so glad most bad guys died, lol
May 5, 11:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
last episode, without surprises, with the expected final plot, where the protagonist survives and the world ends in peace!

In general it has been a series that has gone a long way, with a great first episode, at least, with a very simple plot with some interesting points, but not to revive my interest!!!

5/10

kekeke
May 5, 1:57 PM
Aug 2023
This show would have been perfect if it was a one-episode anime. Sigh. Truly disappointing.
May 5, 2:53 PM

Apr 2015
Higan survive in the end LOL

Ok the plot went a little down hill as the story goes, but there were some good moments. And i loved someone finally give Joseph some punch in the face haha

7.5/10 glad we had a lot shirtless Higan scenes
May 5, 3:03 PM

Nov 2023
It had some flaws but I thought it was still pretty good.

May 5, 3:29 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Well this is easily one of the most forgettable anime’s of the season. Like other people have mentioned it was one of Toonami’s better shows they released, but the heavily reliance on mech’s and CGI is what caused the downfall of this show. The first few episodes relying on hand to hand combat and the high stakes felt great. IMO I think that is why the rating started great and dropped so heavily after the mechs and CGI were introduced. I really wish the studio would’ve taken a different route considering the show was called ninja kamui not mecha kamui, but it is what it is. 4.5/10 for me. I’ll end up giving it a 5 even though it was a struggle to get through after the first couple of episodes because I thought they’d bring back what we loved in the very beginning 😅
May 5, 5:04 PM
Mar 2024
Vysarine said:
Final fight was epic when that OP song kicked in. Really the music for the entire series has been stellar.

Pleasant surprise that Mike survived after they left that detail that he was close to retirement, and he even caught the brat CEO. Big W for Mike.

Best Toonami original so far, despite some flaws.

I thought the same thing
May 5, 5:37 PM
Nov 2016
The last fight was in the retarded Mech suit because you know, that's exactly what we are here for, in an anime named Ninja Kamui we totally signed up for the Mech shit, who cares about Ninjas hand-to-hand fighting when we can get the same in the retarded Iron Man's suit, right? in an anime that is supposed to be about Ninjas, right? Ninja who? oh I'm sorry, is this anime Ninja Kamui or Mech Kamui? gosh, it's like I got baited into watching a Ninja anime when this shit was about Mech, somebody probably screwed up the name when they tried to name this anime, they forgot to put Mech in the title, but they put Ninja instead, the real name of this anime is Mech Kamui, somebody in MAL, please fix this shit so other people like me don't get baited into it, the real name of this anime is Mech Kamui, fix this shit ASAP!

Finally, this crap is over and I won't miss it, the rating in this anime keeps going down and at this rate, it will probably end up with a 6/10. Such a promising anime this was with an awesome 1st episode and this is how it turned into, if we ever get Mech Kamui S2 I don't think I will bother with it.
May 5, 6:04 PM
May 2018
Reply to MasterHavik
I don't see this as a big fumble or a quality drop but do think it could have been best of the winter but it will just be very solid. I hope Toonami keeps doing joint products as this was really good. It wasn't perfect though as some things were very iffy like Higan getting a random power up. I also don't see the purpose of keeping Zai alive but he felt undercooked. I do enjoy Mike and happy to see him get a good ending to his arc. Let's hope he is treated like a hero and not a terrorist.

8 out of 10

Also pretty solid English dub too. It's not Cowboy Bebop level though sadly.
@MasterHavik

Hilarious, didn't back in episode 10 you claim any character could die. Yet the only main character to die was the only female of the group.

I knew I was right when I voices my criticism over there shitty treatment of her arc. They really replace her over some pasty middle aged neet no one gave a damn about.

This show is essentially a 4/10 show. And it's crazy you actually gave it an 8.
May 5, 6:12 PM

Feb 2016
This reminded me of Gungrave. It started off good and then got completely ruined by necessary sci-fi elements. It felt rushed as well, but I'm not going to hold that against it since there was no real plot to begin with. 4/10
May 5, 6:16 PM

Dec 2022
In the end, the show was just too long and overly ambitious in all the wrong places, while being not ambitious enough in the places it should have been. Should have been far more Higan-focused. FAR more.
and the Gusoku Gear, did not like that stuff ay all.
As it was, it really should have just been a 6 or even 4 episode OVA
May 5, 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to AfroWarrior27
@MasterHavik

Hilarious, didn't back in episode 10 you claim any character could die. Yet the only main character to die was the only female of the group.

I knew I was right when I voices my criticism over there shitty treatment of her arc. They really replace her over some pasty middle aged neet no one gave a damn about.

This show is essentially a 4/10 show. And it's crazy you actually gave it an 8.
@AfroWarrior27 Still mad about your waifu dying? Emma's work still played a role in the end and she didn't need to be there for it. This is like being mad at Dilly dying. The plot could have given her more to do though but she served her role well.

Also, I do recall saying that and I think Mike and Jason are very lucky to be alive. It's funny you're giving it a 4 over your waifu dying though. We all have opinions and it's fine if you're giving it a 4. I'm giving it an 8. I'm giving it an 8 because the animation was pretty solid throughout with excellent camera and sound design. I found the voice acting to be really good from start to finish with everyone giving it their all. I found all of the music to be really good. The story in the end while not a masterpiece as pretty solid as well. So you could argue the voice acting and music really carry this one but the other aspects were pretty solid in my opinion. It was a joy to look forward to this every Saturday night.
MasterHavikMay 7, 5:48 PM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 5, 6:35 PM

Mar 2014
The first 2 episodes were good. The rest were pure trash.
May 5, 6:43 PM
May 2021
It started with a lot of promise. But the CGI fights kicked it off a cliff and it has been falling ever since.
May 5, 7:20 PM

Mar 2019
Shit was ass.

The first 2~3 episodes were pretty good mainly because of the fluid animation. The story wasn't anything special yet, but it had another 10+ episodes to get that going. It never did anything interesting story-wise. And the animation went to hell once they started wearing that ugly ass armor. Shit sucked.

Come to think of it, it's kind of wild they managed to stretch that paper thin take over the world/revenge plot for 13 episodes.
May 5, 7:28 PM
Jan 2023
Brilliant start to show but the second they added mechs suit down fall, not to mention the CGI in the middle of the show. Good story tho can’t lie.

Why the MC pull a Tanjiro in the end.
May 5, 10:11 PM
Apr 2024
Actually From Start to end it's pretty great anime ✨
May 5, 11:19 PM
Jan 2024
idk bro at the start it was intense and eye catching. but as soon as i reach the end, it wasnt that engaging.
May 5, 11:41 PM
Jul 2014
takkun_ said:
That ending felt kind of abrupt. It wrapped up a lot quicker than I thought it would.

Honestly, I found this pretty forgettable. The further we got in, the less I cared. The first few episodes were interesting with his quest for revenge and awesome hand to hand ninja battles. But the increasingly convoluted plot, mech suits, and annoying Jason Demarco stand-in character made it boring and uninteresting.

I'll give credit where it's due on the fight choreography, but nothing else stands out aside from Mike, who I found to be the most compelling character since Higan was so 1 dimensional (despite having a backstory that should have made him really interesting).

Not the worst Toonami produced show, but ultimately forgettable.

5/10

Agreed. Show was forgettable, and I ultimately didn't care about any of the characters. Story could've been okay, but it was just meh.

Even the action, which felt like it got worse after episode 2, couldn't save it
May 6, 12:24 AM
Jul 2023
The mecha thing didnt quite go with the ninja aesthetic but still somehow did? i dunno, it was a good show nonetheless. 9/10
May 6, 12:54 AM

May 2008
Glad that's over. Strong start, uninspired characters, fizzled out around ep10 or so.
May 6, 1:10 AM
Sep 2022
Insane downgrade in animation, which was the only selling point.
May 6, 1:11 AM
Jan 2022
the ending felt so rushed....
May 6, 2:39 AM
May 2018
MasterHavik said:
@AfroWarrior27 Still mad about your waifu dying? Emma's work still played a role in the in and she didn't need to be there for it. This is like being mad at Dilly dying. The plot could have given her more to do though but she served her role well.

Also, I do recall saying that and I think Mike and Jason are very lucky to be alive. It's funny you're giving it a 4 over your waifu dying though. We all have opinions and it's fine if you're giving it a 4. I'm giving it an 8. I'm giving it an 8 because the animation was pretty solid throughout with excellent camera and sound design. I found the voice acting to be really good from start to finish with everyone giving it their all. I found all of the music to be really good. The story in the end while not a masterpiece as pretty solid as well. So you could argue the voice acting and music really carry this one but the other aspects were pretty solid in my opinion. It was a joy to look forward to this every Saturday night.

Literally gave reason in the previous thread why her death was dumb and terrible. But I notice you conveniently ignore those reasons.
It’s not my fault I don’t support this trashy show fringing females just for male’s angst. And it being done in such a shallow and lame way. Don’t understand why that is the hill you want to die on.

But given you think this thrash ass show is 8/10 just show a lot about how low your standards are.

And Dilly death was even more ass given they spoon-fed us she had some relationship with that loser ceo nut but it was all terribly done and shoehorned in with the story not even developing them properly till her death which effected the show in no way. Her role wasn't served well at all.

And that isn’t really even the main reason I’m giving a 4/10. Don’t put word in my mouth.
It’s a 4/10 because the story is terrible, it literally introduce concept with barely any thoughts out into, practically all the characters are lame shallow and bland with there lines and dialogue being done on what feel like an equivalent to an AI Generator trying to tell a story. Even the animation falls due to clunky cgi mech.

Honestly, just compare the fight in the final episode to the very first and downgrade is very obvious.

I also recall you stating some nonsense that this is show where apparently anyone can die. What a load of bogus that is. The only characters that die are just the females just to provide the male they serve more angsts.

But to you, that's them serving there purpose. What a bunch of BS. You could replace Emma with Jason (a character who barely developed at all) and nothing would change at all. Replacing a character that actually well developed over one that isn’t at all, isn’t a case of being mad that “waifu” died. It’s a case of shit tier writing.

Hell, your comment even proves your stance is shallow. You are only giving it praise for animation (which get tremendously worse as it goes btw.) and sound design. The story and a characters are not solid at all. There truly below average as I can point out many things wrong with it.
AfroWarrior27May 6, 4:35 AM
May 6, 4:00 AM
Apr 2024
Didnt expect it to be that good
May 6, 10:45 AM

Jan 2024
Started very well for me. But it went downhill very quickly with those annoying mecha suits. Story is generic, outcome very predictable. A very mediocre show. I'd give it a 5/10 but the first 3 or 4 episodes where very good, so I give it a 6/10. This last episode was the worst one for me, was a pain. But Im happy its now over and never have to watch it again.
May 6, 12:57 PM
Oct 2018
aaaah
The end always got me feeling like this
May 6, 4:21 PM

Jul 2010
I feel such an idiot for being baited into watching this show. I have no one else to blame but myself.
"Hey look sick action sequence by Sung Woo Park!! Look, OP by coldrain!! Look, cool ninja techniques!! Maybe it's going to be a good show? Come oooooon, at least it's going to be 6 or 7, right? You can't mess up dumb revenge plot"

You know the show is a goddamn joke when the first fight starring literally who character is better and more interesting than the final fight.

4/10 and I am being generous.
May 7, 4:54 AM
Jun 2023
Amazing anime, this was good, i hope that they announce the second season of this anime ❤️
May 7, 1:17 PM

Mar 2019
this shit went from excellent brutal scenes and decent story to PG13 crap to Power Rangers bullshit WTF happened it went from 8 to 5 in my book
i really hope there won't be season 2 to this ass boring kiddy show
May 7, 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to AfroWarrior27
MasterHavik said:
@AfroWarrior27 Still mad about your waifu dying? Emma's work still played a role in the in and she didn't need to be there for it. This is like being mad at Dilly dying. The plot could have given her more to do though but she served her role well.

Literally gave reason in the previous thread why her death was dumb and terrible. But I notice you conveniently ignore those reasons.
It’s not my fault I don’t support this trashy show fringing females just for male’s angst. And it being done in such a shallow and lame way. Don’t understand why that is the hill you want to die on.

But given you think this thrash ass show is 8/10 just show a lot about how low your standards are.

And Dilly death was even more ass given they spoon-fed us she had some relationship with that loser ceo nut but it was all terribly done and shoehorned in with the story not even developing them properly till her death which effected the show in no way. Her role wasn't served well at all.

And that isn’t really even the main reason I’m giving a 4/10. Don’t put word in my mouth.
It’s a 4/10 because the story is terrible, it literally introduce concept with barely any thoughts out into, practically all the characters are lame shallow and bland with there lines and dialogue being done on what feel like an equivalent to an AI Generator trying to tell a story. Even the animation falls due to clunky cgi mech.

Honestly, just compare the fight in the final episode to the very first and downgrade is very obvious.

I also recall you stating some nonsense that this is show where apparently anyone can die. What a load of bogus that is. The only characters that die are just the females just to provide the male they serve more angsts.

But to you, that's them serving there purpose. What a bunch of BS. You could replace Emma with Jason (a character who barely developed at all) and nothing would change at all. Replacing a character that actually well developed over one that isn’t at all, isn’t a case of being mad that “waifu” died. It’s a case of shit tier writing.

Hell, your comment even proves your stance is shallow. You are only giving it praise for animation (which get tremendously worse as it goes btw.) and sound design. The story and a characters are not solid at all. There truly below average as I can point out many things wrong with it.
@AfroWarrior27 I "ignored" them because you made this about gender when it has nothing to do with it. Anyway line by line.

I don't gotta die on shit as you're nobody to me.

Ah you hate opinions. I'm man enough to respect your score of 4 out of 10 but you can't do the same for me. That's weak shit right there.

So we are going to ignore RJ dying and that other dude dying? LOL! RJ's death was pretty good even if Joseph decided to be a prick about it. Men legit died in this show dude. Your boner for gender is fucking wild.

No it's a case of you being mad your waifu died. Stop it. LOL! You're just salty short hair mama is six feet under. I like her as a character too but I thought how she nearly died early on her death was coming. I also felt Dilly went out like a fucking boss instead of bending the knee. I felt the women in this show did a good job of being strong in their own way. It's funny you're being like this when I got plans to have someone to draw all three of the women of Ninja Kamui.

I plan to write up a review for it because I felt they did a really good job. I think there is enough here to talk about. It's not perfect but not having an anime like since IGPX is such a long drought. I want to see them make more even if this wasn't a masterpiece. Also, I know how to critique things that isn't just "CGI bad mmkay". Anime fans feud with CGI needs to be studied in a lab man.
May 7, 8:45 PM
May 2023
It was okay, the story didn't make me care enough for the characters and the world or what was happening. But some really good ideas.
May 7, 10:08 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to otakuweek
this was not the best end unfortunately...

instead of finish the anime with a ninja fight , they used again the mecha...

the Title was Ninja Kamui not robot Kamui...

7/10 because the beginning was great...
@otakuweek this argument is honestly terrible. I feel like everybody forgets the mechsuits were called kamui. It being about ninjas and mechs was literally in the title from the beginning. I feel like people don't understand that. If you're gonna hate an anime for the literal 2nd word in the 2 word title maybe do some digging into the plot. The anime was great and the 3d/CGI was pretty damn good for an anime, especially when you bring up arifureta and the new misfit of demon king academy. It's a 9/10. And overheated.
May 8, 4:39 AM
May 2018
Reply to MasterHavik
@AfroWarrior27 I "ignored" them because you made this about gender when it has nothing to do with it. Anyway line by line.

I don't gotta die on shit as you're nobody to me.

Ah you hate opinions. I'm man enough to respect your score of 4 out of 10 but you can't do the same for me. That's weak shit right there.

So we are going to ignore RJ dying and that other dude dying? LOL! RJ's death was pretty good even if Joseph decided to be a prick about it. Men legit died in this show dude. Your boner for gender is fucking wild.

No it's a case of you being mad your waifu died. Stop it. LOL! You're just salty short hair mama is six feet under. I like her as a character too but I thought how she nearly died early on her death was coming. I also felt Dilly went out like a fucking boss instead of bending the knee. I felt the women in this show did a good job of being strong in their own way. It's funny you're being like this when I got plans to have someone to draw all three of the women of Ninja Kamui.

I plan to write up a review for it because I felt they did a really good job. I think there is enough here to talk about. It's not perfect but not having an anime like since IGPX is such a long drought. I want to see them make more even if this wasn't a masterpiece. Also, I know how to critique things that isn't just "CGI bad mmkay". Anime fans feud with CGI needs to be studied in a lab man.
@MasterHavik No on the post where are argue why her death in dumb I gave exact reason why it was contrived and dumb. Shall I copy and paste again so you won't provide lame excuses to not even bother coming up with a valid retort. Hell, I won't even bother waiting for your approval I will do it anyway so you won't weasel out of giving a response.

As I said in the previous thread:

I’ll go even further to explain how dumb and contrived her death is. Why did she abandon using her mech suit from here on out? was that ever explain. If it was she could have easily avoided death.
If that’s not good enough, why the heck did Higan suddenly powered down when he defeated Big D, when the threat was still alive and active? He didn’t do that with Lil. And third, they already experienced that the mech suit could self exploded right after fighting that gross midget as a last resort. He was literally in his mech suit and ripped him right before he explode. Knowing that happen in the previous episode. Why the heck did they all approach Big D when the same thing could happen with him? All of that nonsense happen just so Emma could die. The whole scenario is so force and dumb.
And if he was still in his mech suit he could have easily saved Emma. Especially if he could save that nasty little pervert from dying inside his own exploding mech. Again, a forced and contrived death that relied on the characters being dumb for the sake of it.

But sure, I’m only mad because of dead waifu. Give me a break. Now let see what excuse you can give, if there is any.

Though given the rest of your poor response no wonder a person like you gave this show an 8/10. The fact that I don't even know who this RJ guy is just speak volume on his worth as a character, and again Dilly and her boss relationship is garbage, it's was poorly written with barely any development. And you actually think that good.

Please. The women in this show only serve to be death fodder for male angst, nothing more, and nothing less. You have poor standards. There's a reason this show rating keep dropping every week.

That aside, you didn't touch how garbage the story is, how replacing a developed character with an undeveloped one is just shit writing all together. I could go on.
AfroWarrior27May 8, 4:47 AM
May 8, 11:20 AM

Jun 2021
This is a decent one time watch, not too flashy/dramatic but not boring either.
Definitely a good watch overall with good pacing, things got wrapped up pretty quickly
May 8, 11:26 AM
Jan 2017
Episode full of cliches e terrible battles.
May 8, 2:19 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to AfroWarrior27
@MasterHavik No on the post where are argue why her death in dumb I gave exact reason why it was contrived and dumb. Shall I copy and paste again so you won't provide lame excuses to not even bother coming up with a valid retort. Hell, I won't even bother waiting for your approval I will do it anyway so you won't weasel out of giving a response.

As I said in the previous thread:

I’ll go even further to explain how dumb and contrived her death is. Why did she abandon using her mech suit from here on out? was that ever explain. If it was she could have easily avoided death.
If that’s not good enough, why the heck did Higan suddenly powered down when he defeated Big D, when the threat was still alive and active? He didn’t do that with Lil. And third, they already experienced that the mech suit could self exploded right after fighting that gross midget as a last resort. He was literally in his mech suit and ripped him right before he explode. Knowing that happen in the previous episode. Why the heck did they all approach Big D when the same thing could happen with him? All of that nonsense happen just so Emma could die. The whole scenario is so force and dumb.
And if he was still in his mech suit he could have easily saved Emma. Especially if he could save that nasty little pervert from dying inside his own exploding mech. Again, a forced and contrived death that relied on the characters being dumb for the sake of it.

But sure, I’m only mad because of dead waifu. Give me a break. Now let see what excuse you can give, if there is any.

Though given the rest of your poor response no wonder a person like you gave this show an 8/10. The fact that I don't even know who this RJ guy is just speak volume on his worth as a character, and again Dilly and her boss relationship is garbage, it's was poorly written with barely any development. And you actually think that good.

Please. The women in this show only serve to be death fodder for male angst, nothing more, and nothing less. You have poor standards. There's a reason this show rating keep dropping every week.

That aside, you didn't touch how garbage the story is, how replacing a developed character with an undeveloped one is just shit writing all together. I could go on.
@AfroWarrior27 You're just a discount ThatanimeSnob. Also, I didn't forget. This is just," wahh they killed my waifu!" It also ignores how she nearly died before and how she had death flags above her head. Acting shocked she died is fucking peak ignorance. It's funny you gotta repost it thinking it's an own when it isn't. Her death made sense within the context of the show. What I don't like about your argument is how it sounds like someone from Tumblr found the show and is trying to call it sexism because "Wahhh women died". Your arguments are poor because you are trying to make it about gender when gender has nothing to do with it.

Calling my response poor shows me you don't know how to make counter arguments if they aren't dip in culture war Kool Aid juice. Also, I like the story as it's a simple revenge talent that keeps things simple while throwing in a nice arc for a black character. I'm shocked you didn't know who RJ was when he legit tried to kill Emma and Higan like twice. You must have been sleeping during those points. I look forward to writing this review because people like you clearly have an agenda when I don't do that shit here.

You're as bad as Redo of Healer defenders.
MasterHavikMay 8, 6:55 PM
May 8, 4:47 PM
Dec 2023
Excellent story but I didn't give it 5 stars because it was too short.
May 8, 6:04 PM
May 2018
Reply to MasterHavik
@AfroWarrior27 You're just a discount ThatanimeSnob. Also, I didn't forget. This is just," wahh they killed my waifu!" It also ignores how she nearly died before and how she had death flags above her head. Acting shocked she died is fucking peak ignorance. It's funny you gotta repost it thinking it's an own when it isn't. Her death made sense within the context of the show. What I don't like about your argument is how it sounds like someone from Tumblr found the show and is trying to call it sexism because "Wahhh women died". Your arguments are poor because you are trying to make it about gender when gender has nothing to do with it.

Calling my response poor shows me you don't know how to make counter arguments if they aren't dip in culture war Kool Aid juice. Also, I like the story as it's a simple revenge talent that keeps things simple while throwing in a nice arc for a black character. I'm shocked you didn't know who RJ was when he legit tried to kill Emma and Higan like twice. You must have been sleeping during those points. I look forward to writing this review because people like you clearly have an agenda when I don't do that shit here.

You're as bad as Redo of Healer defenders.
@MasterHavik Lol You can't even spell discount correct.

So basically, you can't read and only choose to selective pick points you poorly try to to make a poor retort with. And rather than come up with any remote interesting point you rather come up and rely on a bunch of buzz words to deflect any criticism towards your beloved crappy show and instead use them to undermine me. How laughably pathetic. But I guess I shouldn't expect anything from a person that has such low standards. You didn't even bother to come up with any defense on how contrived and stupid the scenario is.

Now I'm convince you're full of it and talking to you is waste of time. It's basically an equivalent to a dense brick wall really. And His name isn't RJ, it's Big D. You can't even remember the character's names right at all. If you think his arc was nice you really do have low standards. One of the many things that made the show crap in general was how the show handle those mech ninja that work under the ceo. They were all either one dimensional or barely developed.

The Antagonist in this show in general are all very poorly written and flat out generic.

Honestly, get better standards. You're coming off as joke with how bad your tastes are.
AfroWarrior27May 8, 6:34 PM
May 8, 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to AfroWarrior27
@MasterHavik Lol You can't even spell discount correct.

So basically, you can't read and only choose to selective pick points you poorly try to to make a poor retort with. And rather than come up with any remote interesting point you rather come up and rely on a bunch of buzz words to deflect any criticism towards your beloved crappy show and instead use them to undermine me. How laughably pathetic. But I guess I shouldn't expect anything from a person that has such low standards. You didn't even bother to come up with any defense on how contrived and stupid the scenario is.

Now I'm convince you're full of it and talking to you is waste of time. It's basically an equivalent to a dense brick wall really. And His name isn't RJ, it's Big D. You can't even remember the character's names right at all. If you think his arc was nice you really do have low standards. One of the many things that made the show crap in general was how the show handle those mech ninja that work under the ceo. They were all either one dimensional or barely developed.

The Antagonist in this show in general are all very poorly written and flat out generic.

Honestly, get better standards. You're coming off as joke with how bad your tastes are.
@AfroWarrior27 Because it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I know you just want argue for the sake of arguing and you can't handle someone likes something you don't like. The difference here between me and you is I can respect a opinion without having to attack someone's taste to be right. You know for someone saying buzzwords, I find it funny how you don't sit up and deny it or anything. Also, a lot of your arguments were, "This is bad...because I say it's okay!" You have said so many vague terms without much to follow them but since you ask. I'll tell you why I like the show. You are discount ThatanimeSnob. You hate opinions you don't like. LOL! All these talks of low standards just make you come off as some overly dismissive anime fan who thinks they know better than everyone.

I like the show because it's a well excututed revenge tale that checks all the boxes. I feel this should have been Higan and Mike's journey as Jason or Emma they were the third wheel. Still I don't think either character is bad and they did their role in the goal of exposing the big bad guys. I found the villains to be fun and simple with Big D or Rj...at this point who cares you didn't know him either to be cool but lacking in not a lot of depth but I love the honor angle of Big D. Being a little one medimensional doesn't hurt here as it's clear this story isn't trying to sell you on story. I always feel anime fans ask for too much and not look at what the story is. It wasn't masterpiece but I felt it did enough to keep me engage. I like our two main bad guys because while they are not super deep they have good plans and are both very idealistic. The Chief gave me OG sub Zero vibes with how he wanted to get people to fear him. Joseph was a nice take on the evil tech bro with Steve jobs vibes. Not a perfect story and it does have problems but my issues more so lie with pacing and the handling of Zai's character. I felt they could have done more with him. I do also feel some characters like Dilly could have gotten more screen time. I also didn't like the random power up form Higan either. Sadly you are not going to be able to heavily focus on everyone. Would they been better making this 20 episodes or a tiny more? I would agree.

Oh I should mention I do like how everyone is cyber ninja now as that once again mirrors the Lin Kuei in the Mortal Kombat games with how they were adopting a new way to be a ninja. The difference here is that if you didn't have one you were going to get cook, which did a good job of showing.

Now where I really like the show is in the music and sound department. I felt the music really creates the scenes and really adds to everything. They did a good job in this department. I also felt the English voice acting was nearly on the money outside of Mike sounding off in episode 1. For the animation, I like but do agree it is rough at times but the CGI isn't bad as I have seen much worse. I like the cyber ninja fights as you get weight to the fights. The show does a good job of displaying weight in its animation making each clash and impact really have that extra punch. I love the camera work in this show especially the POV shots as they do a good job building up reveals. I found the pacing of the animation to be really strong as they didn't spend too much time on one shot. Quality doesn't hold up sadly as this took a bit of a tumble like RWBY Queendom in the animation department. Not to the point it sucked but was kind of just whatever.

Yeah so that is everything. Also, I'll make this last thing clear. Emma's death made sure because no show lets a character constantly escape death. Her death was coming. None of the women of this show were death fodder as they did their best to make them look strong. You gotta remove gender from this and see Emma was on borrow time. I liked her too but feel anyone expecting her to make it to the end was lowkey shipping her with Mike or Higan. Or they really took that promise she made with her dead wife to heart. I don't know what else to tell you because you are just being a brick wall who can't handle opinions. I like the show. I won't stop liking the show because someone without a profile picture I don't know tells me to stop liking the show. You are allowed to dislike the show. I won't stop you from not liking the show. Be an adult for once if you know what that is.
May 8, 8:58 PM

Jan 2008
CGI mecha suits were a mistake. A BIG mistake. They should have kept them as "just" ninja, they were far more impressive. Replace the suits with some serum that upgrades your ninja powers. That way you can still have science in it, and make it traditional ninjitsu VS enhanced science ninjitsu.
May 9, 12:22 AM
May 2022
Biggest fall off I have seen in a while
May 9, 4:29 AM
May 2018
MasterHavik said:
@AfroWarrior27 Because it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I know you just want argue for the sake of arguing and you can't handle someone likes something you don't like. The difference here between me and you is I can respect a opinion without having to attack someone's taste to be right. You know for someone saying buzzwords, I find it funny how you don't sit up and deny it or anything. Also, a lot of your arguments were, "This is bad...because I say it's okay!" You have said so many vague terms without much to follow them but since you ask. I'll tell you why I like the show. You are discount ThatanimeSnob. You hate opinions you don't like. LOL! All these talks of low standards just make you come off as some overly dismissive anime fan who thinks they know better than everyone.

I like the show because it's a well excututed revenge tale that checks all the boxes. I feel this should have been Higan and Mike's journey as Jason or Emma they were the third wheel. Still I don't think either character is bad and they did their role in the goal of exposing the big bad guys. I found the villains to be fun and simple with Big D or Rj...at this point who cares you didn't know him either to be cool but lacking in not a lot of depth but I love the honor angle of Big D. Being a little one medimensional doesn't hurt here as it's clear this story isn't trying to sell you on story. I always feel anime fans ask for too much and not look at what the story is. It wasn't masterpiece but I felt it did enough to keep me engage. I like our two main bad guys because while they are not super deep they have good plans and are both very idealistic. The Chief gave me OG sub Zero vibes with how he wanted to get people to fear him. Joseph was a nice take on the evil tech bro with Steve jobs vibes. Not a perfect story and it does have problems but my issues more so lie with pacing and the handling of Zai's character. I felt they could have done more with him. I do also feel some characters like Dilly could have gotten more screen time. I also didn't like the random power up form Higan either. Sadly you are not going to be able to heavily focus on everyone. Would they been better making this 20 episodes or a tiny more? I would agree.

Oh I should mention I do like how everyone is cyber ninja now as that once again mirrors the Lin Kuei in the Mortal Kombat games with how they were adopting a new way to be a ninja. The difference here is that if you didn't have one you were going to get cook, which did a good job of showing.

Now where I really like the show is in the music and sound department. I felt the music really creates the scenes and really adds to everything. They did a good job in this department. I also felt the English voice acting was nearly on the money outside of Mike sounding off in episode 1. For the animation, I like but do agree it is rough at times but the CGI isn't bad as I have seen much worse. I like the cyber ninja fights as you get weight to the fights. The show does a good job of displaying weight in its animation making each clash and impact really have that extra punch. I love the camera work in this show especially the POV shots as they do a good job building up reveals. I found the pacing of the animation to be really strong as they didn't spend too much time on one shot. Quality doesn't hold up sadly as this took a bit of a tumble like RWBY Queendom in the animation department. Not to the point it sucked but was kind of just whatever.

Yeah so that is everything. Also, I'll make this last thing clear. Emma's death made sure because no show lets a character constantly escape death. Her death was coming. None of the women of this show were death fodder as they did their best to make them look strong. You gotta remove gender from this and see Emma was on borrow time. I liked her too but feel anyone expecting her to make it to the end was lowkey shipping her with Mike or Higan. Or they really took that promise she made with her dead wife to heart. I don't know what else to tell you because you are just being a brick wall who can't handle opinions. I like the show. I won't stop liking the show because someone without a profile picture I don't know tells me to stop liking the show. You are allowed to dislike the show. I won't stop you from not liking the show. Be an adult for once if you know what that is.

Bruh, I stopped talking you seriously when you still have yet to provide to give s convincing argument over how terrible her death was. So far you only really like the concept of it rather than how well it was done. Which it honestly wasn’t.

Which more or less describes the rest of this show.

And I don’t know want to hear you claim I’m only calling something bad because it’s bad when you’re the exact opposite, you’re only saying it’s good because you like it.

You’re are right about one time by thing. You’re free to like this show because after all another man’s trash can be another man’s treasure.

This is definitely proof of that.

You can continue liking this show but it more or less won’t change the fact that In the end of the day, the only thing people will remember this show is how great it could’ve have been and instead how it ended up so trashy by the end of it.

Which literally shows as the rating just keep dropping every week.
AfroWarrior27May 9, 4:34 AM
May 9, 5:53 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I'll give it a fine score, only because the reason I started watching this is because Tsuda is voicing in this.
I enjoyed the first episode at least, until it turned into a mecha/power armor ninja series. But decided to continue watching anyways. Thanks Tsuda.
This final fight scene was quite disappointing as well but whatever.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
May 9, 6:50 PM

Jan 2008
I only now noticed this thanks to the final battle: all the power armor the ninjas use leave the fingers and toes visible. Which means your fingers and toes are vulnerable. Why the hell design it like that?
May 9, 7:08 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to DmonHiro
I only now noticed this thanks to the final battle: all the power armor the ninjas use leave the fingers and toes visible. Which means your fingers and toes are vulnerable. Why the hell design it like that?

@DmonHiro Yeah that shit was silly as hell, you can't even throw punches or kicks with the fingers and toes exposed, it's fucking stupid.
May 9, 11:57 PM

Aug 2019
I wish they hadn't included the mecha stuff.

That's all.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» This series is good & bad at the same time.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 20

24 by blxlb »»
Jun 4, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

63 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

49 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

51 by Endl8ss »»
May 25, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

50 by Endl8ss »»
May 25, 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.