Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 2, 3:22 AM
Jan 2024
really good for a peaceful day with fights
Jan 2, 4:58 PM

Jan 2024
It was really sweet how fern acts like frierens mother and even frieren calling her mother as fern wakes her up to watch the sun getting up. It was very nice to see frieren meeting her old comrade eisen again and them going on a little adventure to help eisen find flammes records. The reveal that flamme was frierens master was crazy and the scene where frieren opens the door to the old records of flamme was really cool. Though i have to say that i find it really funny and cool how many german words are used for places and as names.
Jan 6, 6:53 PM
Jan 2024
Xem chill thật sự anime đúng kiểu xả stress
Jan 6, 7:09 PM
Jan 2024
Xem chill thật sự anime đúng kiểu xả stress
Jan 6, 7:35 PM
Jan 2024
It was just fine, I dont understand why is it better tan Full Metal Alchemist
Jan 8, 4:32 PM

Dec 2015
Finally finished the 4 episodes pack they aired at once. What I can say is there's a potential of a masterpiece somewhere, but right now it is extremely overshadowed by 2 main reasons:

1 - The "pacing" of the story. With 4 episodes, the show barely gave content that makes me want to look forward to continue watching. It does have interesting themes, but usually they're only explored in two or three scenes that together has 4min long on a 24min episode, and the exploration is pretty bare-bones. It did finally gave a "goal" but it's one of those the author could really ignore and just fuck around creating nothing. If it wasn't for the public reaction I'd have no motivation to continue the show.

2 - The whole "cute fanservice" trying to replace actual personality and plot reasons as to why the viewer should even give a shit about the main characters. I know most of the anime community disagrees with me since most of them are drawn by this design / are artists that only care about how cute someone is, but for me that's just cheap and it doesn't make me more interested on the show. In theory I do like the idea of characters showing less emotions since anime a lot of times exaggerate them, but you must at least show something, even if it's with subtlety. Sangatsu no Lion is a perfect example on how you do this.

It's definitely good to mention I love slow paced shows. Vinland Saga S2 is my AOTY for a reason. But as of now, Frieren isn't just slow, it's empty.
Jan 10, 11:34 AM
Feb 2018
I liked this ep. it really shows how much Frieren has changed her perspective and outlook on time.
Jan 11, 12:11 AM
Jan 2024
When I thought it was gonna be slowing down with the fefes MAAAN. It really hypes the adventure we are about to see but I can tell there is gonna be a huge cry fest down this wholesome story. Loving it so far!!
Jan 14, 7:58 PM
Jul 2020
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jan 15, 1:19 AM

Oct 2010
I can see why this is #1 now
Jan 15, 9:54 AM
Jul 2020
I've never been much of a writer, but here's my attempt: This episode, along with all the ones before it, stirred up a sense of nostalgia within me—a bittersweet melody that whispers of cherished moments. It echoes the warmth of the past, particularly with people who are no longer part of my life.
Jan 15, 11:49 AM
Jul 2023
Only 4 eps in, I can tell dis boutta be something special
Jan 19, 7:45 PM
Jan 2024
好棒!感謝動畫組帶來的精彩演出
Jan 21, 9:31 PM
Apr 2013
This is annoyingly slow
Jan 22, 2:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally she could see the new year sunset... and now (after meeting Eisen, which is cool) they know where to go next...and that's a 10 years travel, the same they did back then to defeat the demon lord, damn.
Jan 26, 10:13 PM

Feb 2019
Why is Frieren so cuuuuuuutttteeeeeeeee
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Jan 27, 3:46 PM

Aug 2020
The more I see of Fern, the more I like her.

Her pouting had my heart clenching.
Jan 31, 12:53 AM

Oct 2013
I would have rather preferred to see a series with Fern and Eisen and perhaps with someone else going on an adventure, but without Frieren. She's really insufferable with how she acts like. Again, she's circa 1000 years old, yet her behaviour has changed minimally since she was Flamme's apprentice, it seems.

I wish we could see less Frieren, but more side-characters, as much as bizarre it may sound like when talking about an animated series about Frieren, lol. I don't think Frieren deserves to have an opportunity to talk to Himmel's ghost. No hard feelings or anything like that. I just feel it'd ruin the whole premise of griefing and moving on, seeing that some things cannot be seen as granted. Or perhaps I expect too much from this show. If it will happen, of course.
Feb 2, 3:46 PM
Mar 2018
I enjoyed the first half of this episode tremendously! The animation of the levitating magic was pretty cool and seemed so effortless! I also like that we got to see another side of Frieren; I did not expect her to be so sloppy and hard to wake up. x) The sunrise scene was sweet. <3

The second half was also great! Seeing Eisen again was cool, as was the small bit from Frieren's past we got to see.
Feb 3, 5:14 PM
Dec 2023
It was awesome and cool
Feb 6, 8:21 PM
Jul 2019
Beautiful episode.
Feb 10, 10:43 PM
Dec 2022
So we found out who was Frieren's master in this episode. Seems there is more to Frieren than meets the eye. Wonder if Frieren would be able to do more with the notes of Flamme the Legendary Mage. Good to see Eisen again.
Feb 12, 2:59 AM

Jul 2023
This is really having a slice of life pace.

I did not even notice that 10 minutes has gone in part 1. They were just cleaning the sea shore, but it's related to something in the past. Frieren remembers that she failed to see a sunrise back when she was with her original party. Her sense of time is really different that what amazes people would leave her indifferent, snd this makes relating with her challenging.

Her going to see the sunrise feels to me like penance in memory of Himmel.

The second part where she met the dwarf, we learn that Frieren is at least 1000 years. We never know for sure if she is 2000 years old or older.

We also learn a mild clash of ideas of the afterlife: whether it is nothingness or there is a Heaven. The corrupt priest phrased it in a way that calls upon Pascal's wager, that it is better to believe in Heaven than not.

Overall, with all the flashbacks happening to events we did not witness, I can say that Frieren is good in a different way. Many highly rated anime, especially is they're shounen, rely too much on fight scenes and action, a sense of danger, and moving through the plot.

Frieren the anime relies more on contemplation and the sense of nostalgia.
patkarununganFeb 12, 3:09 AM
Feb 27, 12:04 AM

Jul 2021
What a beautiful episode this was. I cant get over the amazing atmosphere of this show along with the amazing animation style. It all works so well together and its so very beautiful. Frieren and Fern in that town was nice. Them cleaning up the shores in time for the new years festival. That was kind of them and it was nice seeing. Them having there little talks well cleaning up all the wood along with burning it. It was kind. I agree with Frieren aswell, waking up in the morning is a true struggle.

The festival was nice and that sunrise was very beautiful. The animation was spot on, and its nice seeing more flashnacks to the old group. Seeing them again is always nice even though we had them for such a short time i like them all so very much especially Himmel. Though the rest are nice aswell.

Im glad Eisen is still doing well and the flashback to the group at his parents graves, having a discussion about heaven was nice and it was nice hearing all there thoughts. The design of the graves was very unique as well and when they cut back to the present and Frieren and Fern showed up and we saw that the graves eroded a bit was a nice detail to add.

Frieren helping out Eisen is kind and it was cool to watch them explore the woods looking for Frierens old masters grimoire with a spell that could let her talk to the dead. Also the confirmation that Heaven or a place like it does exist.

This was a nice set up episode to tell us what Frieren goal is now and what her destination is. I cant wait to see Himmel once more after Frieren and Fern make the long 10 year journey. This is gonna be one amazing adventure and i am all here for it.

RIP Himmel and Heiter

Mar 4, 8:02 PM

Mar 2016
We continue on our journey with Frieren and Fern... I think I see a pattern here, since Frieren doesn't really have a goal or destination she just stumbles around various villages and town collecting magic spells and helping others in need whilst reminiscing about her past adventures with the hero'sparty whenever the opportunity arises. But once in a while, Frieren will accept a long quest, not necessarily a hard quest but definitely laborious. The beach cleanup alone took over 3 months. A minuscule amount of time for Frieren but not Fern.

Fern has become sort of a caretaker for Frieren to the point where Frieren depends on Fern for her livelihood. There ain't no way this bad habit can be fixed if she's been doing this since forever. Also, Fern has taken quite a sassy attitude to her master now because of this. Not particularly a pretty sight to see.

Oh hell yeah, Eisen is back, and while their time together here was brief, Frieren managed to have a little adventure with Eisen to search for her former master's old grimoire. This is the result of the efforts both Eisen and Heiter made so that Frieren's regret could be abolished. Such kindhearted comrades. I like that scene when Frieren is unravelling her master's barrier, even those that died 1000 years ago knew Frieren enough to expect her to come searching for away to converse with the dead.

Unfortunately, Eisen will not be coming along with them on their new journey but this time Frieren and Fern have a solid goal and destination. One that was once reached after 10 years of journey... Uh oh...
Mar 8, 3:17 PM
May 2022
Mad house cooking
Mar 12, 10:47 AM
Dec 2016
i really like this anime because it has a beautiful story, really enjoy
Mar 12, 5:23 PM
Apr 2023
That sunset scene was beautiful goddamn
Mar 12, 10:18 PM
Feb 2024
Amazing story , i loved it
Mar 14, 3:43 PM
Feb 2024
im so in love with Flamme, shes sutch an amazing Character. Frieren as well as Fern again where the best, my MVP tho was Eisen this Time. The way he and Heiter stayed connected via letters and how the story unfolds. Amazing, just Amazing.
Mar 15, 7:06 PM

Jun 2022
the nature of the timeline delta between the elf and her protege isn't as dynamic as the creators would have intended...
Mar 16, 8:37 PM

Dec 2022
this one got the music the best of any episode so far and yes it's time for me to jump on the bandwagon and go ahead and rate this bad boy a 10/10. feels like I'm watching Peter Jackson's LOTR all over again
Mar 18, 7:14 PM
Mar 2024
it was good and interesting it feels like the mangaka was trying to express something, further evaluation needed
Mar 22, 9:07 AM
Mar 2024
Goodddddddddddddddddddd
Mar 24, 12:56 PM

Aug 2019
i like their relationship. fern clearly is fond of frieren despite her seeming cold
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 4:00 PM
Dec 2021
Rất đáng để xem
Mar 25, 10:26 PM
Mar 2024
I really like the scenes that spoil the eye with very good animations
Mar 26, 3:32 PM
Jul 2020
The art style is wholesome and beautiful. I love the main character and the story, as well as the balance of calmness and fighting.
Mar 28, 7:12 PM
Sep 2023
the way the story is told and the amazing animation are simply incredible
Mar 29, 10:00 AM

Jul 2013
Frieren said the 10 years they spent adventuring doesn't even make up 1/100th of her life, so she lives up to more than a thousand! Damn. Even the dwarf has shown signs of aging.
Mar 30, 11:48 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to BetterTaste
Finally finished the 4 episodes pack they aired at once. What I can say is there's a potential of a masterpiece somewhere, but right now it is extremely overshadowed by 2 main reasons:

1 - The "pacing" of the story. With 4 episodes, the show barely gave content that makes me want to look forward to continue watching. It does have interesting themes, but usually they're only explored in two or three scenes that together has 4min long on a 24min episode, and the exploration is pretty bare-bones. It did finally gave a "goal" but it's one of those the author could really ignore and just fuck around creating nothing. If it wasn't for the public reaction I'd have no motivation to continue the show.

2 - The whole "cute fanservice" trying to replace actual personality and plot reasons as to why the viewer should even give a shit about the main characters. I know most of the anime community disagrees with me since most of them are drawn by this design / are artists that only care about how cute someone is, but for me that's just cheap and it doesn't make me more interested on the show. In theory I do like the idea of characters showing less emotions since anime a lot of times exaggerate them, but you must at least show something, even if it's with subtlety. Sangatsu no Lion is a perfect example on how you do this.

It's definitely good to mention I love slow paced shows. Vinland Saga S2 is my AOTY for a reason. But as of now, Frieren isn't just slow, it's empty.
@BetterTaste Agree mostly.

How convenient that she had a teacher, the student. But well done in the narrative plot to put it now because it comes in handy.

On the other hand, it reminds me that the premise of the anime itself (a group of heroes traveling alone, without any help or consideration) can be a bit surreal.

A 10 year journey. I hope it includes going, and coming back. Because it's only 10 years to go...

But come on, a very quiet chapter. Not even close to the best fantasy anime. The music and landscapes are splendid.
Mar 30, 11:53 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to ShadowkillZ
We continue on our journey with Frieren and Fern... I think I see a pattern here, since Frieren doesn't really have a goal or destination she just stumbles around various villages and town collecting magic spells and helping others in need whilst reminiscing about her past adventures with the hero'sparty whenever the opportunity arises. But once in a while, Frieren will accept a long quest, not necessarily a hard quest but definitely laborious. The beach cleanup alone took over 3 months. A minuscule amount of time for Frieren but not Fern.

Fern has become sort of a caretaker for Frieren to the point where Frieren depends on Fern for her livelihood. There ain't no way this bad habit can be fixed if she's been doing this since forever. Also, Fern has taken quite a sassy attitude to her master now because of this. Not particularly a pretty sight to see.

Oh hell yeah, Eisen is back, and while their time together here was brief, Frieren managed to have a little adventure with Eisen to search for her former master's old grimoire. This is the result of the efforts both Eisen and Heiter made so that Frieren's regret could be abolished. Such kindhearted comrades. I like that scene when Frieren is unravelling her master's barrier, even those that died 1000 years ago knew Frieren enough to expect her to come searching for away to converse with the dead.

Unfortunately, Eisen will not be coming along with them on their new journey but this time Frieren and Fern have a solid goal and destination. One that was once reached after 10 years of journey... Uh oh...
ShadowkillZ said:
We continue on our journey
Good thoughts! Also, the kindhearted comrades, show that this fantasy tv series is kinda idealistic. Not all the fantasy alternative worlds are so idealistic. Lets see if meeting demon culture will change this.

Something interesting I read and want to share: @Marinate1016 > Totally agree.

Eisen’s quote “that’s not what relationships are about” struck me as so simple, yet profound. You don’t enter into a relationship, whether it’s friendship or an intimate relationship with someone with the expectation that it’s all pointless because one day it’ll end and they’ll die. You go into it wanting to enjoy the moment and connect with people. Even though the pain of loss is tremendous, it’s better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

To refute this, the only thing i now can think of is the following: the cost of knowing they are gonna die soon > the moments you share with that person. However it makes no sense. Since Frieren has no purpose or objective, she can try to live with their companions or worry bout them , she has nothing to do anyway!

BaronLukisMar 30, 11:59 AM
Mar 30, 5:25 PM
Jan 2021
I think it may be the last episode I'll watch. Most review seems to say they loved episodes so far, when I'm just thinking the set up take to long and can't wait for something interesting to happens. I just feel like I'm wasting my time.

I probably just don't get it, which is a bit frustrating since it's ranked #1. Maybe I'll give it an other try in 10 years or more.
Mar 31, 4:38 AM
Jul 2020
masterpiece must to watch it best anime of the year
Mar 31, 11:02 AM
Jan 2023
Jalan cerita yang luar biasa
Apr 3, 3:54 PM
May 2023
F*ck this episode like all others so far was peak! Loved every second
Apr 7, 4:41 AM
Apr 2024
anime fantasy gak ngebosenin
Apr 7, 8:54 AM
Mar 2024
Iqiaokjsjnsnnsnwqjiqiqi
Apr 15, 11:37 PM

Oct 2022
Good girl off the bat. They stay annoyingly long in these mundane places for almost no reason at all. They are moving and waisting very small quantities of wood at a time for the level of magic it has been clearly established they are capable of. Deku did this faster with no magic. She couldn’t care less about seeing the sun rise and this is the reason she wants to see it. Wow how quirky of her. She is yucking others Yums. Magic can’t obzerve the souls of the dead. They will not stop bringing up how corrupt this guy is. Proof? He also just convinced his friends to practice religion in like 2 sentences. It is slightly implied that the girl with eternal youth is a little insecure about her age. Proof? He eats sticks and runs on water. All magic started with fairy tails. She is over 1000 years old. Heaven exists implying there is a correct religion. The demon king lives in heaven. Finally there is a goal. We braved. She doesn’t even care about her prentice. She thinks things that die are a waist of time. 10 years is an insignificant amount less than 100th of her life. Meaning her life is nearing its end as she is now over a thousand years old. They really can’t talk to this guy without calling him corrupt. Proof? He is so witheringly weak and frail that he can only run on water and lift massive Bolders.
Apr 16, 7:17 AM

Feb 2021
She is very sloth XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

907 by RainyhBunny »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

624 by axeis325 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12

214 by RainyhBunny »»
Today, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

302 by Khashishi »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

344 by RainyhBunny »»
Yesterday, 10:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.