Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 4, 9:16 AM
Dec 2022
Don't waste your time watching this movie and definitely don't spend your money on it. Over 2/3 of the movie is recap and the only actual training that happens is 5 seconds in the credits. This is basically an extended last episode of the last season. [Spoiler]Tanjiro gets his new sword and that's IT. NOTHING else happens other than the demon slayers begin to train, again, which we don't even see.[Spoiler] I was extremely surprised when the credits rolled because of how little happened.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 9:17 AM

Jan 2009
im gonna pirate it anyway once its out on the web so im good
Mar 4, 9:26 AM

Mar 2021
blud being a sherlock!! Literally everybody knows that tje movie is a recap of season 3 last episode along with the season 4's first episode.

I'd be more surprised if people actually went and watched it without knowing that....
V1P3R0PMar 4, 9:30 AM
Mar 4, 9:29 AM
May 2022
V1P3R0P said:
blud being a sherlock!! Literally everybody knows that tje movie is a recap of season 3 last episode along with the season 4's first episode.

I'd be more surprised if people actuay went and watched it without knowing that....

The person who wrote this post apparently didn't know.
Mar 4, 9:30 AM
Aug 2022
binkthebest said:
Don't waste your time watching this movie and definitely don't spend your money on it. Over 2/3 of the movie is recap and the only actual training that happens is 5 seconds in the credits. This is basically an extended last episode of the last season. [Spoiler]Tanjiro gets his new sword and that's IT. NOTHING else happens other than the demon slayers begin to train, again, which we don't even see.[Spoiler] I was extremely surprised when the credits rolled because of how little happened.

I mean surely you saw the trailer for the movie before it came out, they literally announced before hand that it would have the final two episodes of season 3 alongside the first of season 4.

Like what they done last year with the to the swordsmith village movie?

Like why are you suprised? Did you not see the announcement before hand?
Mar 4, 9:31 AM

Mar 2021
Dan_ALves said:
V1P3R0P said:

I'd be more surprised if people actuay went and watched it without knowing that....

The person who wrote this post apparently didn't know.

I find it more hilarious than surprising...
Mar 4, 9:32 AM
Apr 2022
I think everyone was aware of this, idk what you were expecting. seems like a you problem bud
Mar 4, 9:32 AM
Dec 2022
Isn't this a new season?
Mar 4, 9:34 AM
May 2016
Btw, this is not the movie's page. This is the next season that will start in spring.
Mar 4, 9:37 AM

Feb 2023
Well I see that you tried using spoiler tags but it didn't work. I have read the manga so I don't mind it but if you could fix that it would be good.

The ending of spoiler should be [/spoiler]
Mar 4, 9:40 AM
Dec 2022
Everyone knows that, homie. Nonetheless, they still watch it. Vene i myself will watch it once the dub is out.
Mar 4, 9:52 AM
Jul 2023
V1P3R0P said:

I'd be more surprised if people actually went and watched it without knowing that....

would you be surprised to know that i actually thought that 💀

i was gonna go watch after 14th March but im definitely not going now
Mar 4, 9:58 AM

Mar 2021
SweatyFingers said:
V1P3R0P said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm nobody to force you to go and watch it nor am I gonna say you not to watch it. Up to you. But yes, I'm a little surprised because that was how the movie was marketed to begin with.
Mar 4, 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
Why do people expect everything to be mugen train, it's not even marketed as a movie it's just a pre screening. People should have known this since the entertainment district arc, ufotable know they can do this to make some extra money and i'm not complaining since we get more anime in the theaters.
It's Morbin' Time!
Mar 4, 10:02 AM
Jul 2023
V1P3R0P said:
SweatyFingers said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm nobody to force you to go and watch it nor am I gonna say you not to watch it. Up to you. But yes, I'm a little surprised because that was how the movie was marketed to begin with.

i was indeed gonna do a bit of research on it before going but now i know so whatever, im gonna pirate the actual thing anyways lol
Mar 4, 10:03 AM

Mar 2021
SweatyFingers said:
V1P3R0P said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i was indeed gonna do a bit of research on it before going but now i know so whatever, im gonna pirate the actual thing anyways lol

all I can say is, the experience of watching it in a big screen with all the surround sound and stuff is different than watching it in your PC or phone. but you be you I guess
Mar 4, 10:04 AM

Jan 2021
One has to be utterly ignorant to not even know that this movie contained a recap episode. That's literally how this was promoted. People watched it despite being aware of this valuable information.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Mar 4, 10:07 AM

Dec 2007
it's well known that the movie is just 2 episodes mashed together. I knew it and decided to go anyway, I still had fun. and it was good to freshen up my memory.

But I went because I had the money to spare, if I was tight on money or saving for something else, I'd definitely skip it this time.
Mar 4, 10:12 AM
Aug 2019
V1P3R0P said:

Not everyone is going to be cynical enough to expect that the title is misleading … and only a third of the movie is new content. It’s a ripoff with plausible deniability because people can look up the plot.

It’d be harmless if they titled it season 3 recap + season 4 reveal, but they obviously didn’t do that because it’ll mean less viewers (basically just subtract all the rip offs). That’s a scummy decision that by far priorities more money in their pocket rather than delivering for their audience.
Mar 4, 10:20 AM

Mar 2021
ghier said:
V1P3R0P said:

Not everyone is going to be cynical enough to expect that the title is misleading … and only a third of the movie is new content. It’s a ripoff with plausible deniability because people can look up the plot.

It’d be harmless if they titled it season 3 recap + season 4 reveal, but they obviously didn’t do that because it’ll mean less viewers (basically just subtract all the rip offs). That’s a scummy decision that by far priorities more money in their pocket rather than delivering for their audience.

https://twitter.com/DemonSlayerUSA/status/1733823188696445112?t=ZiS_5eGtTUlgGg9yz6ZLSA&s=19

this is the official tweet for the screening announcement.
it was clearly stated the screening will be having the 11th episode of season 3 (swordsmith village arc) and the first episode of season 4 (Hashira training arc)

So dont try to cover up your ignorance by calling it a scummy decision of not being clear, when they were pretty clear about what will be shown, in the first place.

Besides, this was not even the first time we're having this format of screening. Season 3 screening also featured season 2 episodes 10 and 11 with season 3 episode 1.

So this is double the ignorance.
Mar 4, 10:23 AM
Aug 2019
Nah bro, when people go into a theater to watch something with a title they haven’t seen, they expect something new. Not everyone is inclined to watch announcements or trailers either btw. I personally hate them because they all have that same format

Maybe instead stop trying to defend a decision that was clearly made out of greed alone @V1P3R0P
Mar 4, 10:33 AM

May 2021
This kind of post is gonna happen every year I fear.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Mar 4, 10:48 AM
Aug 2021
No way. You’re saying the movie was exactly what it advertised itself to be? [insert shocked face]
Mar 4, 10:50 AM

Mar 2021
ghier said:
Nah bro, when people go into a theater to watch something with a title they haven’t seen, they expect something new. Not everyone is inclined to watch announcements or trailers either btw. I personally hate them because they all have that same format

Maybe instead stop trying to defend a decision that was clearly made out of greed alone @V1P3R0P

then its a you problem. You go into something uninformed, come out and lash on people who actually did their jobs correctly, is your mistake and not the other way around. I'm not even defending their greed. I'm just telling, people should rather use google than embarrass themselves in the internet like what we are witnessing right now.
V1P3R0PMar 4, 10:55 AM
Mar 4, 10:51 AM
Jun 2021
Ya idk why they bothered making this
Mar 4, 11:18 AM
Mar 2022
I swear to god the amount of people who did not listen to the multiple announcements about this.
Mar 4, 11:37 AM
May 2021
Yeah?? We been knew??? The info was out there that it's just last ep of previous season and first ep, almost an hour long, of new season! Better check such stuff before you go to the cinema and complain afterwards. xnx
Mar 4, 12:57 PM
Feb 2022
I still watched it knowing that. I even emailed our cinema if they can put it in the big screen. Luckily, they were able to show it here in my location.
Mar 4, 4:18 PM

Jul 2015
Shounen kids when storytelling and narrative happens that requires attention span instead of nothing but mindless sakuga.

Mar 4, 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
Don't tell me you bought a ticket, went to the cinema, and was infuriated, because a movie said to be partially a recap was... partially a recap, lmao.

Putting aside whether it's worth watching or not, this movie has always been advertised as something being actually closer to a compilation movie, offering the last episode of SSV arc, and the preview of the first episode of Pillar Training arc. Sorry to say this, but no one is to be blamed for not knowing it other than yourself.

The same stuff happened with "To the Swordsmith Village" movie, but here we have a second movie following exact the same pattern in what kind of content is featured in it (last ep. of the previous season + the first ep. of the next season, previewed). Heck, even the title and naming pattern suggests that "To the Pillar Training" movie might offer similar experience to "To the Swordsmith Village" movie.
Mar 4, 5:11 PM
Feb 2022
Already pirated it anyway lol. I would’ve gone just for the experience and animation anyway.
Mar 4, 8:47 PM
Jan 2021
blud did not know that before watching…and also it’s the first episode so of course it’s not going to have the entire arc there’s more to come just wait bro
Mar 4, 9:09 PM
Jan 2021
Aniplex's marketing is damn terrible for demon slayer, they don't need to stretching the whole series by doing one by one arcs in a season.
Take a look at JJK S2, the anime adapt 2 arcs which one arc is short and one arc cover the whole season. It just doesn't make sense. Why don't aniplex do the same?
MangoalMar 4, 9:19 PM
Mar 4, 9:39 PM

Jan 2017
Mangoal said:
Why don't aniplex do the same?

Because it makes more money, and like that, they can have a release each year (and therefore maintain the hype, and make more money).
Ufotable also likes to do Movies/short Seasons releases, probably because of the management of the schedule.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 4, 9:40 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to Mangoal
Aniplex's marketing is damn terrible for demon slayer, they don't need to stretching the whole series by doing one by one arcs in a season.
Take a look at JJK S2, the anime adapt 2 arcs which one arc is short and one arc cover the whole season. It just doesn't make sense. Why don't aniplex do the same?
@Mangoal are you seriously asking this? Answer is simple because kny sell like hotcakes and you get more money with one cour series that two it's why everything after the season 1 has been in single cour rather than two like the first season. If you want to know why go look who own them it's Sony so not a surprise.
Mar 5, 5:15 AM
Jan 2016
binkthebest said:

i love people being disappointed with this movie, when it does exactly what it says it will, last episode of swordsmith first few episodes of hashirs, its not hard to comprehend.
Mar 5, 12:15 PM
Sep 2022
In the finale
Mar 5, 3:22 PM
May 2022
I hope ufotable keeps releasing these types of movies so we can all see who the braindead viewers are who can't even read what they're advertised as. Y'all be making fools of yourselves

Watched it in theaters, enjoyed it. Ufotable can take my money. Like some mentioned above it's a different experience in theaters even if you have watched the last episode. If you don't wanna watch it then don't 💀 if you don't know what you're watching then research
Arsenic805Mar 5, 3:26 PM
Mar 5, 4:16 PM
Dec 2021
binkthebest said:

Is this your first demon slayer Movie?
Mar 5, 4:38 PM
Sep 2022
Thanks for the heads up. They can’t keep getting away with it
Mar 5, 9:50 PM
Apr 2022
Didn't you see the announcement caveman?
Mar 6, 12:09 AM
Jul 2023
95% of the arc is filler in manga
Mar 6, 3:31 AM
Apr 2018
Every time someone finds out this was a half-recap when IT WAS SAID SINCE THE BEGGINING I can't help but laugh at them. Like, you actually paid for that without even reading, you're so dumb lol.
Mar 6, 5:07 AM
Aug 2019
binkthebest said:

I understand your frustration, given you didn't know beforehand that u walked into the movie theater to watch a recap... However, you can warn, but don't discourage ppl from paying money to go watch a film they might wanna watch, bcz going to the cinema is a way of supporting the creators of this media.
Mar 6, 12:04 PM
Mar 2022
V1P3R0P said:

Omg thank you. They said that it will be a recap idk why people are hating as always
Mar 6, 1:18 PM

Aug 2010
binkthebest said:

It definitely was. Won't be supporting anymore "movies" from now on. Mugen Train was the only acceptable one, but even so, this is an obvious cash grab. Wish DS would make movies separate (but related to) from the main show like all other animes do.

Mar 6, 1:25 PM
Dec 2022
deg said:
im gonna pirate it anyway once its out on the web so im good

Alexa play "He's a Pirate"
Mar 6, 1:54 PM
Sep 2021
This post is just overdoing it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Everyone obviously knows the point of this movie was to let us see the end moments of the last season on the big screen along with a glimpse of the new one and you're just pointing that out as if it's some kinda flaw as if it was supposed to be something else 😅

Honestly I'm surprised with how much they showed cause we basically got over 40mins of new content which is basically almost 2 episodes of the new season.

Get off your high horse and check the synopsis of what you watch before you go to watch it 🤦🏻‍♂️
Mar 6, 1:56 PM
Sep 2021
Dumythicpegasus said:
Already pirated it anyway lol. I would’ve gone just for the experience and animation anyway.

Do you know where to find the swordsmith village movie?
Mar 7, 8:56 AM
Apr 2021
Too late bro, I have already seen it in the cinema. I was disappointed a little but seeing DS in the cinema was kinda a good experience. 💁🏻‍♂️ I think 8.5€ is not that much, besides it's not like I get to see any anime in Slovakian cinemas 🥲
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

131 by KronozYTV »»
53 minutes ago

» Sanemi and obanai are horrible

XiongYifan - Jun 4

14 by Pyr4m1d »»
Yesterday, 12:40 AM

» Where is the Dub?

LaLaLimeLime - Jun 3

10 by Fishb0i »»
Jun 4, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

125 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Your favourite OP/ED so far for KNY?

azl96 - Jun 2

18 by AME-7706 »»
Jun 4, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.