Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Yubisaki to Renren' Gets TV Anime for Winter 2024

New
Jul 5, 2023 5:35 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
An official website opened for a television anime adaptation of Suu Morishita's Yubisaki to Renren (A Sign of Affection) manga on Wednesday. The website also revealed the main cast, staff, teaser visual (pictured), and a teaser promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere in January 2024.

Sumire Morohoshi (Yakusoku no Neverland) and Yuu Miyazaki (Haikyuu!! To the Top) are starring as Yuki Itose and Itsuomi Nagi, respectively.

Staff
Director, Storyboard: Yuuta Murano (Kakushigoto)
Series Composition, Script: Youko Yonaiyama (Paripi Koumei)
Character Design: Kasumi Sakai (Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie: Over the Rainbow chief animation director)
Music: Yukari Hashimoto (3-gatsu no Lion)
Studio: Ajia-do

Morishita began serializing the romance manga in Dessert magazine in July 2019. Kodansha shipped the eighth volume on February 13 and will release the ninth volume on July 13.

Kodansha USA licensed the manga in English in March 2020. The sixth volume was released digitally in July last year and in print on May 23.

Yubisaki to Renren was nominated three times at the Kodansha Manga Awards in the Shoujo category in 2021, 2022, and 2023. The manga also placed ninth and 17th in the Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings in for the 2021 and 2022's editions.

Synopsis
Yuki Itose is a hearing-impaired university student whose world has been shrouded with silence since birth. She has lived in the same place her whole life, and rarely interacts with others save for her best friend, Rin Fujishiro. During her commute one day, she meets the silver-haired and multilingual Itsuomi Nagi, a mutual friend of Rin. Unlike most, Itsuomi is unwavering when he learns of Yuki's impairment; this, along with his experiences abroad, fascinates and touches her. After they part, her fondness of him starts to grow. A new world begins to open for both Yuki and Itsuomi as they learn about each other's different lives.

Yubisaki to Renren is a lighthearted, romantic comedy that illustrates the silent life of a university student and how one man sharing his world starts to change her own. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Teaser PV

Official site: https://yubisaki-pr.com/
Official Twitter: @yubisaki_pr

Source: Comic Natalie

Yubisaki to Renren on MAL
DatRandomDudeJul 5, 2023 6:29 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 5, 2023 5:39 AM

Jul 2021
This series is pretty wholesome from what I've read. PV looks good too.
Jul 5, 2023 5:44 AM

Sep 2020
One of the most popular and critically acclaimed new gen shoujo manga is getting an anime adaptation and moreover it looks beautiful. I will definitely watch it.
Jul 5, 2023 5:46 AM
Jul 2017
In my half asleep state I thought this was another season of The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague.
Jul 5, 2023 5:57 AM

Jul 2015
What's the deal with so many shoujo manga getting adaptation? Not that I'm complaining. Quite the opposite.
I've heard this one is critically acclaimed and similar to Koe no Karachi.

Jul 5, 2023 5:59 AM

Sep 2017
Get ready everyone... we are about to witness peak romance...
Jul 5, 2023 5:59 AM

Apr 2012
I seem to have missed the moment when romantic comedies made the leap from milking melodrama out of the lives of people with health issues to soft romance with well-deserved representation.

ZXEAN said:
One of the most popular and critically acclaimed new gen shoujo manga is getting an anime adaptation and moreover it looks beautiful. I will definitely watch it.
Your words made me wonder why the video only got 20+ comments, half of which are foreigners. Is this the case when the announcement makes a little-known resource?
Jul 5, 2023 6:03 AM

Sep 2020
Piromysl said:
What's the deal with so many shoujo manga getting adaptation? Not that I'm complaining. Quite the opposite.
I've heard this one is critically acclaimed and similar to Koe no Karachi.
Maybe because of Fruit Basket's success.
Jul 5, 2023 6:06 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
I seem to have missed the moment when romantic comedies made the leap from milking melodrama out of the lives of people with health issues to soft romance with well-deserved representation.

ZXEAN said:
Your words made me wonder why the video only got 20+ comments, half of which are foreigners. Is this the case when the announcement makes a little-known resource?
I think shoujo as a demographic isn't that popular as compared to shounen or seinen when it's come to anime, may be that's the reason.
Jul 5, 2023 7:02 AM
May 2016
I'm so happy.   Manga I love so much finally is  getting anime. PV looks so  beautiful.
Jul 5, 2023 7:15 AM
Aug 2022
Peak Romance is coming
Jul 5, 2023 7:25 AM

Sep 2015
I read like 20+ chapters and found that it's just a typical shojo manga with tons of drama but with disablility twist. 

MC is particularly unlikeable due to consistently trying to avoid responsiblity. I can get why shojo readers like this type of dreamy MC but nope for me though.

Might check it out when release.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jul 5, 2023 7:41 AM
Jul 2017
Shoujo anime is back in business and I am so here for it~
Jul 5, 2023 8:29 AM
Dec 2022
This looks very promising. I hope it has a lot of SoL elements.
Jul 5, 2023 8:29 AM

Feb 2021
Great news! Shojo with good premise and interesting characters!

I hope for two seasons!
MemoreJul 5, 2023 9:09 AM
Jul 5, 2023 8:35 AM
May 2023
I'm so excited about this:) Synopsis looks good and graphic too, and is very popular for a shoujo manga (32k members). 
Jul 5, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2021
Oh, this is finally getting an adaptation too. I've only read the first volume and put it on-hold because (just based on the first volume) it made me a little uncomfortable and I didn't really like the male lead.

But I'll still watch it, who knows if the adaptation will get me back into reading the manga~

Jul 5, 2023 9:52 AM

May 2020
But it isn't really necessary for male mc's to have such a stoic personality in these kind of shows, right?
Jul 5, 2023 12:37 PM

Feb 2021
Softhenic03 said:
But it isn't really necessary for male mc's to have such a stoic personality in these kind of shows, right?

Of course not. On the contrary, I like more funny and light-hearted guys in such works.
Jul 5, 2023 1:00 PM
Nov 2020
FINAAALLY I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS FOR THIS DAY \(,,>v<,,)/
Jul 5, 2023 1:47 PM

Oct 2017
I heard good things about this one so hopefully will be a good watch.
Jul 5, 2023 4:01 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I'm glad shoujo anime is making more of a comeback especially with this one being one of the ones that deserve an adaptation the most.

The PV looks great, let us hope for decent staff and even more shoujo adaptations. Adapt more 2000s manga already!!!
Jul 5, 2023 4:26 PM
Nov 2016
PEAK SHOUJO IS FINALLY GETTING AN ANIME ADAPTATION!

Hopefully In the clear of moonlit dusk, Honey lemon soda, Queen's quality, Bokura no kiseki, etc are next
Jul 5, 2023 4:32 PM
Jul 2020
ohhh nice..sometimes i forget that girls who still being "girls" exist nowdays
Jul 6, 2023 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
bruh why the artstyle so shit tho D: was like one of the best parts about the series.

anywho looking forward to see how they handle this. This is definitely a more atmospheric series and the studio doesn't really have the best track record so idk what to expect.

va's aren't too bad picks either. itsuomi's voice fit's nicely, yuki's i think a more minase inori style would've fit her better but eh

Jul 6, 2023 9:01 PM

Apr 2012
Short_Circut said:
bruh why the artstyle so shit tho D: was like one of the best parts about the series.

anywho looking forward to see how they handle this. This is definitely a more atmospheric series and the studio doesn't really have the best track record so idk what to expect.

va's aren't too bad picks either. itsuomi's voice fit's nicely, yuki's i think a more minase inori style would've fit her better but eh

Animation relies heavily on the complexity of character design, so anime often oversimplifies it or makes character designs too simple in the face of overly cool backgrounds or visuals in general. Take a look at Akebi-chan's sailor fuku. The backgrounds are still god-like, but they downgraded design of the manga characters a lot to animate it all.

dodoxdo97 said:
PEAK SHOUJO IS FINALLY GETTING AN ANIME ADAPTATION!

Hopefully In the clear of moonlit dusk, Honey lemon soda, Queen's quality, Bokura no kiseki, etc are next
The more the industry needs more new anime, the more they will pay attention to everything that is popular.

Softhenic03 said:
For some reason, the Japanese find this type of personality very attractive. If you pay attention, almost all the stereotypically super good looking characters have a temperament like they're rehearsing Shakespeare.
Jul 6, 2023 9:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Short_Circut said:

Ajia-do and the director did a great job with Kakushigoto so I trust them.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 6, 2023 9:57 PM

Sep 2020
Short_Circut said:

It's looks beautiful. I don't see any problem here.
Jul 7, 2023 12:42 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
Short_Circut said:

Animation relies heavily on the complexity of character design, so anime often oversimplifies it or makes character designs too simple in the face of overly cool backgrounds or visuals in general. Take a look at Akebi-chan's sailor fuku. The backgrounds are still god-like, but they downgraded design of the manga characters a lot to animate it all.
Sure, but doesn't change what i mentioned. There are studios (A1, kyoani, cloverworks when they have a proper schedule) who can balance both

DatRandomDude said:
Short_Circut said:

Kakushigoto was more of a repetitive gag humour and feelsgood father daughter story so it's definitely a different story to tell. particularly with this one which is more slow paced/atmospheric

ZXEAN said:
Short_Circut said:

The chara designs look pretty wack, yuki looks like she belongs in a different series

ofc there's only so much to tell from a few minutes pv, but isn't the most cleanest designs
Jul 7, 2023 12:50 AM

Apr 2012
Short_Circut said:
RobertBobert said:
Sure, but doesn't change what i mentioned. There are studios (A1, kyoani, cloverworks when they have a proper schedule) who can balance both

DatRandomDude said:
Kakushigoto was more of a repetitive gag humour and feelsgood father daughter story so it's definitely a different story to tell. particularly with this one which is more slow paced/atmospheric

ZXEAN said:
The chara designs look pretty wack, yuki looks like she belongs in a different series

ofc there's only so much to tell from a few minutes pv, but isn't the most cleanest designs
Can, and? Do you think that their shows require the same amount of effort and time as a regular anime? Also, the show I mentioned was literally made by cloverworks.
Jul 7, 2023 1:11 AM

Sep 2020
@Short_Circut Sad that you didn't like the art but I don't really have any problem. Moreover I am surprised it looks this good considering it's made my a lesser known studio Ajia-do.
Dec 3, 2023 10:28 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Short_Circut

@Short_Circut Yuki va is fine for me
Dec 3, 2023 10:39 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to kyou_on
I read like 20+ chapters and found that it's just a typical shojo manga with tons of drama but with disablility twist. 

MC is particularly unlikeable due to consistently trying to avoid responsiblity. I can get why shojo readers like this type of dreamy MC but nope for me though.

Might check it out when release.
@kyou_on did you really read it?
Dec 4, 2023 9:15 PM

Sep 2015
Reply to yuzukoikotaro
@kyou_on did you really read it?
@yuzukoikotaro "No, I didn't." Is this the answer you're hoping for, mr/mrs. new account with this anime as favorite before it's airing?

Now I might consider writing a review on this. Hmmm....
Dec 9, 2023 7:16 AM
Sep 2023
kyou_on said:
@yuzukoikotaro "No, I didn't." Is this the answer you're hoping for, mr/mrs. new account with this anime as favorite before it's airing?

I don't care what rating you give, this is still my favorite
Dec 14, 2023 12:16 AM

Sep 2015
Reply to yuzukoikotaro
kyou_on said:

I don't care what rating you give, this is still my favorite
@yuzukoikotaro Seems like you care more than you should by creating a new account just for this series and reviving a dead thread just to do some ad hominem attack lmao
Dec 14, 2023 7:54 AM

Feb 2021
12 episodes only, I hoped for 24-26 though, very sad: https://twitter.com/SugoiBingus/status/1734543735843962904

Dec 14, 2023 8:13 AM
Sep 2023
kyou_on said:
@yuzukoikotaro Seems like you care more than you should by creating a new account just for this series and reviving a dead thread just to do some ad hominem attack lmao

kids, you know what ? You didn't even read the manga

More topics from this board

» 'Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu' Gets Anime Movie in Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

6 by uutakuubi »»
1 hour ago

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Jul 25

28 by ryoko6 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

23 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
3 hours ago

» New 'Jigoku Sensei Nube' Anime Project Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Jul 20

20 by malvarez1 »»
12 hours ago

» 'Lycoris Recoil' Gets Short Movies ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Jul 23

51 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.