Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2023 7:23 AM

Jun 2019
Itdaori is in the lowest state he's ever been and this is exactly what Mahito wanted to take advantage of and he did take until the Big Brother, Todo appears to encourage Itadori to fight. Yuji's crying was so painful. Junya Enoki did an incredible job. Todo is such a cool character and a great partner to have alongside you. Bringing Yuji back to a sane state and fighting Mahito simultaneously.

Miwa and Mechamru's scene was so painful to watch just like in the manga. Poor Miwa. Aside from that, Yuji and Todo vs Mahito was such an incredible fight to witness. The teamwork between them was amazing to watch. Their chemistry is so on pint with each other. The disfigured human train was so cool. The whole fight was so fucking amazing. Todo, my GOAT. Incredible episode. 120% Potential.
Dec 7, 2023 7:23 AM

May 2020
Reminiscing about good old times won’t bring back Nobara… that’s the harsh truth. But jesus, was it really necessary to remind us of the horrid state Nobara’s in… with that CLEAR-CUT FRONTAL VIEW at that????? Just added more to Itadori’s misery:(

Mahito being an absolute scumbag adoring the very scenery was quite infuriating to see. I mean not only was he insulting Itadori, but almost punched the life out of him, until… Todo arrived in SLOW MOTION lol. Spectacular entry which not only balanced things out, but that speech quite literally pulled Itadori out of slumber, the utter depressing state he was in, while recalling how he couldn’t fulfil the promise to Nanami.

Todo’s a real bro, that’s already a fact, but to see him again doing what he did, he made himself a universally likeable character. The duo of Itadori and Todo against Mahito was an absolute spectacle, right from the get-go. Really liked the way they adapted this whole part. Plenty might be going on in the background, but the animators are doing their absolute best.

Wow choreography aside, liked how they didn’t forget about Mechamaru’s final farewell too. Quite hard on Miwa, but she’ll have to move on. By the way, Mahito’s responsible for his death too, so he has some long overdues. Black flashes are doing their thing, along with the brotherly teamwork. Though Mahito and his endless supply smh.
Softhenic03Dec 7, 2023 7:27 AM
Dec 7, 2023 7:24 AM

Dec 2021
Todo has just arrived, geared up and ready to give it his all. As always of course.

After enduring numerous challenges in Shibuya, Yuji's determination crumbles when it appears that Nobara has met her end. Seizing the moment, Mahito not only inflicts mental torment but also unleashes physical devastation. In the midst of despair, Yuji's closest friend arrives just in time to rekindle his spirit. Todo emphasizes to Yuji that their allies are never truly vanquished. The sole retribution a jujutsu sorcerer encounters is persisting in battle until they uncover the significance of what has been entrusted to them.

That heartwarming moment turned cruel when her laughter suddenly shifted to a distressed expression. Yuji's voice actor's performance felt so real, it's as if he channeled personal loss. Todo, my favorite character, shone in this episode, balancing fun and mentorship for Itadori, and proving himself as a great fighter. The Black Flash moment was incredible, despite the dimming. Mechamaru's lingering presence through small machines accelerated the plot and provided a touching farewell with Miwa. Huge thanks to the resilient MAPPA employees for delivering this masterpiece despite their challenges.

ALL THREE HAVE BROUGHT OUT 120 PRECENT OF THEIR POTENTIAL

Dec 7, 2023 7:24 AM

Jul 2021
Yeah, this is the last time we’re ever gonna see our JJK main trio having fun. Ah yes Nobara spilled some coffee on Gojo’s shirt, it can take a while to clean it as the stains persist.

Itadori vs Mahito continues after Nobara remains severely injured and at a stage of death (as of now).

Itadori is just facing depression, depression, and depression over the span of like 15-30 minutes already, also gotta give an applause to Enoki Junya, his voice acting is just so good here.

Todo, the man of culture, IS HERE. BROTHERS ALWAYS STICK TO ONE ANOTHER WHENEVER COMES TROUBLE! His ability is just what I find really engaging all throughout, him going against Mahito for a round was something for sure.
They added extra anime original scene of how Yuji saw Nanami saying "You've got it from here"

Moreover, very previously, I did find Nanami’s death much more emotional in the manga, but Miwa’s case in the anime got me good, after we get lil meaningful moments she experiences in Mechamaru’s episode

Itadori and Todo’s teamwork in the battle against Mahito is animated amazingly, I love some touch they did with Todo’s end like it really gives more of that personality ifykyk. The fight extends next episode.
Dec 7, 2023 7:26 AM

Nov 2016
"We are the exception" Best bro Todo is here which signals the climax of the Shibuya Incident Arc. The energy he adds is awesome. Soundtrack and direction were going hard. It had something My Hero Academia-esque.
FMmatronDec 7, 2023 11:00 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 7, 2023 7:36 AM

Jan 2009
I think the thing I hate the most about Jujutsu Kaisen is how it so often tries to claim emotional punches it never earned... like, not even close.
Yuta and Rika? I almost puked when he said it's "pure love" 😆
Jumpei? Good riddance, I never bought Itadori being affected by the incident
This time it tries to show us the good times between Yuji, Megumi and Nobara, and I can't help thinking, isn't it a bit late? If you want the moment to have true emotional impact, you can't just last minute show a generic scene, they really should establish their bond, what their day to day looks like, etc etc. I think Naruto had the right idea in its first arc by focusing on its main trio. On the one hand I appreciate Jujutsu Kaisen for not sticking to the tried-and-true formula and changing it up, on the other the end result just isn't that good... At the very least, the way the show is directed, showing all the expressiveness of Yuuji's face at having just seen Nobara killed, does go a long way towards correcting the lack of build-up, these animators are fucking chefs.
Nevertheless, what this show lacks in emotional payoff it absolutely makes up for by being the coolest fucking piece of animation, Mahito is a cool villain and Toudo is a fun character, so all in all this show does rock like nothing else right now. I've come to expect this Jujutsu Kaisen to deliver a good dose of badass pure coolness and it does that even though the production is in chaos, I think this season will go down as a classic for years to come.

Edit: oh yeah, I was forgetting that Miwa and Mechamaru moment, the same that I wrote above applies there, even more-so, but the animators really at least tried to bring some life to the moment
Perrin4869Dec 7, 2023 7:49 AM
Dec 7, 2023 7:44 AM

Dec 2020
Let's hope Nobara returns someday, because we don't know if she is really dead or not. Todo's entrance was majestic. All the new fight scenes were incredible. The transfigured human train scene was completely new! Nice addition. People were asking where were the black flashes. Now we got 3 different black flashes in 1 episode.
Also poor miwa and mechamaru, could have been a couple.
Dec 7, 2023 8:33 AM
Oct 2020
every new episode of jjk s2 makes me cream
Dec 7, 2023 8:38 AM
Mar 2021
These few eps will solidify jjk as aoty material for sure
Dec 7, 2023 8:43 AM
Jan 2020
Mahito will forever be my favorite JJK villain
Dec 7, 2023 8:53 AM
Sep 2015
At risk of trying to make Kugisaki an important character in her last moment, which to me seems like a bad idea. So surviving her is a much better choice.

Todo ripped off his shirt, the brothers ship is back!
Dec 7, 2023 8:54 AM

Jun 2015
Best JJK episode ever. Im astonished how good it was.
Dec 7, 2023 8:56 AM

Jul 2011
Nobara is not either alive or dead.

Todo took off his jacket to show that he is kinda serious, but when he rips his shirt things are about to get serious.

Me, paraphrasing Mechamaru. "Miwa, I didn't say nothing because I love you. But the others would just add to the body count."

That Todo's Black Flash scene was fantastic.
Dec 7, 2023 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
Just when Itadori is at his lowest, Todo arrives and helps pick him back up. Itadori's words to Nanami. Mechamaru and Miwa's conversation. Damn. What an emotional episode.
Dec 7, 2023 9:10 AM
Apr 2021
i know this will be the end of mahito so id like to say he was an Incredible well written character that was very well used.
Dec 7, 2023 9:10 AM
Apr 2021
they rly like pressing the wound with that start 🚶‍♂️
Dec 7, 2023 9:12 AM
Apr 2021
so the material says there is a close to 0 chance nobarw id alive so shes 100% coming back in like... 5 years
Dec 7, 2023 9:12 AM

Feb 2021
The cut to Nobara's face after the flashback was damn brutal.
Mahito's VA's performance is godly.
4:34 祇園精舎 (gion shouja) - Jetavana (was one of the most famous of the Buddhist monasteries or viharas in India)
There is a change in the opening! At the end of the OP (6:22 in this episode) a huge part of Shibuya that Sukuna destroyed is missing, and after that there is a landscape of destroyed buildings. Love it when openings change with events.
Seeing Yuji in this state breaks me... He's been though so much in such a short time period (this whole arc is one night in the story right?)
NOOO MIWA DON'T GO THERE PLEASE NOOOO
I love how when fighting Mahito transforms himself and te people he captures into wildest and most random stuff.
This whole episode was epic af. Todo especially, his last attack was glorious lmao.
Loved what Todo said in the next episode preview there
EmbientDec 7, 2023 9:16 AM
Dec 7, 2023 9:16 AM

May 2021
Liked the episode, but they are really really dragging this on. Not to mention the most annoying of cliff-hangers.
Dec 7, 2023 9:18 AM

May 2021
Reply to Perrin4869
I think the thing I hate the most about Jujutsu Kaisen is how it so often tries to claim emotional punches it never earned... like, not even close.
Yuta and Rika? I almost puked when he said it's "pure love" 😆
Jumpei? Good riddance, I never bought Itadori being affected by the incident
This time it tries to show us the good times between Yuji, Megumi and Nobara, and I can't help thinking, isn't it a bit late? If you want the moment to have true emotional impact, you can't just last minute show a generic scene, they really should establish their bond, what their day to day looks like, etc etc. I think Naruto had the right idea in its first arc by focusing on its main trio. On the one hand I appreciate Jujutsu Kaisen for not sticking to the tried-and-true formula and changing it up, on the other the end result just isn't that good... At the very least, the way the show is directed, showing all the expressiveness of Yuuji's face at having just seen Nobara killed, does go a long way towards correcting the lack of build-up, these animators are fucking chefs.
Nevertheless, what this show lacks in emotional payoff it absolutely makes up for by being the coolest fucking piece of animation, Mahito is a cool villain and Toudo is a fun character, so all in all this show does rock like nothing else right now. I've come to expect this Jujutsu Kaisen to deliver a good dose of badass pure coolness and it does that even though the production is in chaos, I think this season will go down as a classic for years to come.

Edit: oh yeah, I was forgetting that Miwa and Mechamaru moment, the same that I wrote above applies there, even more-so, but the animators really at least tried to bring some life to the moment
@Perrin4869 Am thinking at this moment they just need an excuse to properly time another cliff-hanger and not show much of the action because that requires a lot of effort.
Dec 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Jan 2009
carry the wishes and will of the dead yuji

todo is always awesome

and nobara has a chance to survive

miwa x mechamaru romance could have been a what if sad
Dec 7, 2023 9:24 AM

Aug 2022
Damm the scene with Miwa and mechamaru was so sad made me tear up a little.

The 120% panel went crazy At the end. I’m incredibly hyped for next episode
Phantom_373Dec 7, 2023 11:19 AM
Dec 7, 2023 9:26 AM
Feb 2023
So...are they gonna fight with Mahito to the end of this season?
Dec 7, 2023 9:34 AM
Nov 2015
The production quality just wasn't there... Which is a shame, since the plot is getting better each episode.
Dec 7, 2023 9:34 AM
Mar 2020
Mahito has highkey become one of my favorite antagonists/characters in anime, precisely because he embodies JJK's greatest strength - its dialogues. The subtle weight of each and every dialogue regarding power system, character motivations etc this series has is so fucking good and Mahito is the prime example. His JP VA absolutely popped off this episode as well.

At the same time I have definitely noticed a shift in the design of dialogues in Shibuya arc and have my gripes with the way some things were handled like Nobara and minute details but overall each episode still surprises me with its strong dialogue and I can't wait to see how this arc ends as we are seeing the payoff from all the setups S1 did.
Dec 7, 2023 9:36 AM

Apr 2018
Highlight of today's episode goes to Todo for getting Yuji back on his feet and go on for a fight once again against Mahito who has killed two of his friends so far. He hit rock bottom, but is still willing give his 120% to fight. Oh boy, Todo's "brother" power up scene was actually my favorite part of the episode. That shit felt like something All Might pulled in one of the movies. The animation was so goddamn fluid throughout the whole episode, sometimes it felt even TOO fluid for my eyes to adjust. The ending made us get how fucking "evil" Mahito is. Next episode is probably THAT episode.
Show the animators some love on Twitter. They're pretty active on there.

WHERE YOU GO I GO!
SideCharacterKalDec 7, 2023 11:03 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 7, 2023 9:37 AM

Oct 2017
My brother Todou has arrived. He the real bro. Gotta feel for Miwa though, F.
MegamiRemDec 12, 2023 4:00 AM
Dec 7, 2023 9:40 AM

Jun 2014
Another fan-fucking-tastic episode. My GOAT, Todo, showing up to pick up Yuji when he's at his lowest. I love seeing these 2 brothers fight together in that classic Jump Kaisen fashion. The timing and chemistry between them is unmatched. The animation was amazing yet again despite the production nightmares we've heard so much about, so shout out again to the staff who worked on this episode. Loved how they elevated the manga so well, which they've been doing for pretty much the whole season, especially the Black Flash sequences (particularly Todo's 🔥🔥🔥). I was worried about how this fight would turn out after hearing about what the animators have been going through but they're still delivering. Hopefully next episode is at least just as good as this one.

MeanEYE said:
Liked the episode, but they are really really dragging this on. Not to mention the most annoying of cliff-hangers.

The pacing has actually been perfectly in line with the manga this season believe it or not. This arc was long in the manga so it makes sense that it's taking as many episodes as it has.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Dec 7, 2023 9:41 AM
Jul 2021
they snapped with the animation. All credit goes to beautiful staff who make these amazing episodes. Also MY BOI TODO IS BACK.
Dec 7, 2023 9:46 AM
Mar 2021
Miwa was beautiful in this episode.

Dec 7, 2023 9:48 AM
Sep 2021
PLUS ULTRA TODO 😭
WE ARE SO BLESSED
Dec 7, 2023 9:58 AM

Sep 2013
Jjk has gotten dark. I thought it was a generic shounen but this season was mind blowing. With gojo sealed the safety net is gone. The scales are much higher. Truly dark.
Dec 7, 2023 10:06 AM

Nov 2018
There were some parts of the episode where you can see visually that the animation was incomplete before the episode came out. Still, that final scene with Todo was animated very well. By the end of the season, I hope they will begin to finish the complete animations and have them rolled out by the time the Blu-ray is available in stores.
Dec 7, 2023 10:10 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to felipeliborio
The production quality just wasn't there... Which is a shame, since the plot is getting better each episode.
@felipeliborio it definitely was lol. One of the strongest eps production wise
Dec 7, 2023 10:10 AM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
TODO SAID THE THING!!!

"We are the exception!"

Poor Yuji, though. I'm glad Todo was there for him.

I've always thought this, but Mahito is such a great villain.
Dec 7, 2023 10:11 AM

Jun 2023
Welcome back, besto friendo 🔥🔥🔥

Dec 2020
Itadori's VA did an amazing job for making me almost cry like a baby
Mahito's VA did an amazing job for hating him even more.

Amazing animation. Even tho that todo and train scene was weird asf (also todo and yuji running upstairs is weird as well) the fight has an amazing animation
Thank you JJK TEAM
HEBI_TANDec 7, 2023 10:15 AM
We all have shit taste, especially in animes
No one's right, no one's wrong

Aug 2023
I would rly like that Nitta and Todo came sooner so Todo claps changes place with Mahito Nitta uses tehnique saves Nanami brings him to Shoko and she heals him as much as she can so he can live peacefully in kuantan
Dec 7, 2023 10:13 AM
May 2021
This was literally one of the best episodes of anime I have watched. Was making my heart pump faster and having an adrenaline rush while watching this
Dec 7, 2023 10:16 AM
Jan 2022
Animation was not good. (I know they didn't get much time to animate) (Why did they even announce S2 if they knew that they won't be able to animate completely)
JIMMYxMONARCHDec 7, 2023 10:20 AM
Dec 7, 2023 10:25 AM

Dec 2020
@JIMMYxMONARCH I do agree with that Todo and Train scene, and Todo and Yuji running upstairs
But the rest looks amazing

I am assuming that you just don't like the ANIMATION STYLE

Dec 7, 2023 10:26 AM

May 2021
Reply to thebrentinator24
Another fan-fucking-tastic episode. My GOAT, Todo, showing up to pick up Yuji when he's at his lowest. I love seeing these 2 brothers fight together in that classic Jump Kaisen fashion. The timing and chemistry between them is unmatched. The animation was amazing yet again despite the production nightmares we've heard so much about, so shout out again to the staff who worked on this episode. Loved how they elevated the manga so well, which they've been doing for pretty much the whole season, especially the Black Flash sequences (particularly Todo's 🔥🔥🔥). I was worried about how this fight would turn out after hearing about what the animators have been going through but they're still delivering. Hopefully next episode is at least just as good as this one.

MeanEYE said:

The pacing has actually been perfectly in line with the manga this season believe it or not. This arc was long in the manga so it makes sense that it's taking as many episodes as it has.
thebrentinator24 said:

Interesting. Still makes it annoying... you just get hyped up and then it's end of the episode. They blueballed so hard no one going to quit now.
Dec 7, 2023 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Glad Yuuji took a correct approach. It's not about just revenge, but Machito needs to be put down just because he causes too much death and destruction.

Dec 7, 2023 10:28 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to JIMMYxMONARCH
Animation was not good. (I know they didn't get much time to animate) (Why did they even announce S2 if they knew that they won't be able to animate completely)
@JIMMYxMONARCH Toho is the one who asks MAPPA to animate JJK, so announcing, posting trailers, etc is on TOHO's hands

But I can say that it's not TOHO's fault that the animators didn't have much time. It's MAPPA'S CEO/MANAGER'S fault, because they're the one who accepts every anime adaptation from TOHO and didn't even reject any singe one without thinking abt their own animators's life

Dec 7, 2023 10:28 AM
Jan 2022
HEBI_TAN said:
@JIMMYxMONARCH I do agree with that Todo and Train scene, and Todo and Yuji running upstairs

Yep pretty much...
Dec 7, 2023 10:30 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to JIMMYxMONARCH
HEBI_TAN said:

Yep pretty much...
@JIMMYxMONARCH oh yea that scene
it'san animstuon style, but I don't rlly like that style except if it was applied to mob psycho or flcl

I am talking abt other scenes except this scene, train scene, and stairs scene
all of em except those 3 are goated in my opinion

As an animator myself, I appreciate their work and they at least made the whole eps (except those 3 scenes ofc) didn't looked like 4ds season 3

heck, even those 3 scenes still look good compared to 7ds s3
HEBI_TANDec 11, 2023 6:23 PM

Dec 7, 2023 10:31 AM
Jan 2022
HEBI_TAN said:
@JIMMYxMONARCH Toho is the one who asks MAPPA to animate JJK, so announcing, posting trailers, etc is on TOHO's hands

But I can say that it's not TOHO's fault that the animators didn't have much time. It's MAPPA'S CEO/MANAGER'S fault, because they're the one who accepts every anime adaptation from TOHO and didn't even reject any singe one without thinking abt their own animators's life

Thanks for the info, I really didn't know that.
Dec 7, 2023 10:32 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to JIMMYxMONARCH
HEBI_TAN said:

Thanks for the info, I really didn't know that.
@JIMMYxMONARCH yeah no problem. Just want people know why Mappa's animators deserve justice

Dec 7, 2023 10:33 AM
Dec 2022
MeanEYE said:

You never watched a show before? Cliffhangers exist in every show ever, why would an average watcher want to come back for the next episode if the problem has already been concluded?

Also dragging on? I want to know the anime you’re watching which has a faster pace than this 😭 this is the best paced arc or anything ever, every episode is action packed and meaningful, nothings being “dragged on” 💀
Dec 7, 2023 10:36 AM
Oct 2020
what a range of emotions in a single episode!
always getting beautiful scenes every week
this is love!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

590 by WizardNuggie »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Aug 3, 2023

499 by serdnagg »»
Yesterday, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Jul 27, 2023

500 by serdnagg »»
Yesterday, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

559 by serdnagg »»
Yesterday, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

632 by KOPR »»
Oct 15, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.