Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 4, 2023 3:43 PM
Sep 2023
Since the Original Rurouni Kenshin is a piece of my childhood and formative years and still my favorite anime of all time.
I have to say that so far the remake has left me satisfied.
Every episode the animation and the narrative and the nuanced and more mature storyline has made me fall in love again for this tale of our favorite Rurouni.

On this EP we start to have a glimpse of the Oniwabanshu and it looks awesome, totally enjoyed the new makeovers to Hyottoko and Hanya.
I think Megumi's character arc was smooth and very well handled.

Plus that tease at the end with the
was a nice touch.

Can't wait to see our boy Shinomori in action as he is my second favorite swordsman in the series, despite enjoying Saitou as a character a tad more.

Kenjutsu is the art of killing...no matter how you sugarcoat it!

Sep 5, 2023 4:51 AM

Jul 2017
The first Oniwabanshu Group villain that they face: Hyottoko, master of fire. Kenshin may have dowsed his stomach's first run of oil, and Sanosuke took over for the rest to take him down easily. Beshimi sees this as the last of Megumi, though Yahiko protects her and gets poisoned by his skill. And above all, he doesn't have much time to live if they can detox him, which Meguimi led the arrangement to nurse him back to recovery, despite Han'nya successfully being able to get Hyottoko and Beshimi back.

Indeed, Megumi Takani is a fine specimen of a nurse that Kenshin could not leave her alone, given her family's rich history and Aizu origin, though the Battle of Aizu dealt that she would be the only Takani left alive. The opium business was booming, and Kanryu's group wanted to maximize their profits, and that's how Megumi had escaped her torturous life thinking that she's making medicine to save lives, which instead, is sending people to death with the Spiderweb drug.

Money can't stop drugs...

Sep 9, 2023 6:44 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Not even fire can blaze through Kenshin's swings. One good flick and the fire doesn't touch him. Would've been cool if he actually swung his sword while it was on fire to re-direct the attack, but it wasn't necessary. Taking on all of the Kenshin crew without planning is the #1 worst decision you could make. Suppose at least now the enemy is trying to dig into Kenshin's info. But if Sagara couldn't learn about Kenshin's technique before fighting, I don't know how much more info a spy could get.

Side note, Megumi would have been completely screwed if not for Yahiko jumping in the way of the nail. He got incapacitated by that poison and only she really knew how to heal it. No way she would have been giving out detailed instructions while suffering from that poison herself.

All in all, maybe the head boss could do something to Kenshin. The guy with the mask survived their fight but not even he left the scuffle unscathed.

And that English at the end tho XD
Sep 14, 2023 5:18 PM

Jul 2022
it was all fun and games, UNTIL THEY DECIDED TO SUBJECT ME TO ENGRISHU!!! >:(
Sep 23, 2023 4:48 AM

Aug 2022
The English at the end hurt to listen to lol.
Sep 27, 2023 8:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man that flamethrower man really do be a street performance after all. I feel bad for those big man, not even Sano felt slightly challenging against him. Idk why the group decide to recruite him, maybe its looks entertaining watching him doing all the fire tricks, like in a frickin circus?

Poor Yahiko tho, tryin to act cool, but ended up bedridden. Boy need to stay outta the battle for the entire cour.

Then the woman finally told her own story, as how she's important to those nasty rich man scandal over the whole town. Classic reason, getting trapped. Whatever those rich bought there, possibly related to the dutch medicine, whatever, engrish session unexpectedly turned into a laugh material.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 24, 2023 2:24 AM

Oct 2010
Japanligsh is something else
Oct 27, 2023 11:20 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Terrible past related to opium!!! kekeke
Nov 21, 2023 3:00 PM
Feb 2023
I didn't even watch the original but this is becoming my favourite show!!!!
Dec 18, 2023 8:55 PM
Jan 2023
Oooo Kaoru getting jelly hehehe 🤭
Jan 6, 4:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn they poisoned Yahiko, at least he's safe now, but now we know Megumi's backstory and how she was used to make the drug, it's not her fault, it's nice that she's not suspicious anymore
Feb 27, 7:51 PM

Jul 2008
Oro is this what people mean about a fight being fire.

and some very bad Engrish at the end.
Mar 12, 8:54 AM

Sep 2013
HAHA that engrish at the end. It was goofy and weird but funny.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Any voice actors from the original dub?

Skoorb - Mar 29

4 by Candy-Chan »»
Jun 10, 6:23 AM

» How many episodes did this remake?

phantom346 - May 14

5 by wildhood »»
May 23, 7:13 PM

» Bluray Differences

fearlubu - May 20

1 by Asahinchi »»
May 21, 2:39 AM

» The sound design is epic

saikyozero - Jul 6, 2023

6 by banshee229 »»
Apr 21, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

101 by Jirokissaw »»
Apr 11, 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.