Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 2, 2015 5:54 PM

Jan 2012
luffy so bad-ass when he talks.sad she didn't get flare fruit

Mar 12, 2015 7:39 AM

Jan 2013
Man the Rebecca / Soldier story always gets to me.
Also Usopp gets 5 stars ... hahah :D
Mar 19, 2015 3:44 PM

Mar 2015
Just fix the pace, animation and less fanservice (like it was before) and I'd be all good... :c
ask me stuff [color=pink]// [/color] anime list
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mar 28, 2015 5:30 AM

Aug 2014
I haven't watched OP in a while, and I'm glad that I skipped one and a half month because the story gets interesting again.
Mar 28, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
Was a slow episode, Usopp made this episode kind of funny, but nothing really happend there.
Usopp 5 star hype :P ♥
Jul 26, 2015 11:38 PM

Apr 2009
Wow unbelievable, he took his disadvantage into an advantage by turning it into a deadly survival game of fun for him but desperation for the survivors, manipulated puppets, while it was greed for the opportunists and lousy run of the mill pirates. Doflamingo is bad and bad-ass awesome! LOL

Usopp is coming up to the world because of Doflamingo's bounty. LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 22, 2015 5:33 PM
May 2013
The quality of the art during the introductions is simply awful. I mean dafuq is this :
http://i.imgur.com/6YTLv3r.jpg
-Dari-Oct 22, 2015 5:37 PM
Dec 29, 2015 4:53 AM

Jun 2015
Doflamingo has a plan for everything, he easily turned everything into his advantage by giving money to whoever captures them.

Luffy should just kick his ass asap.
Aug 7, 2016 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
Lel makes sense for Usopp to be worth so much, all the attention is on him, surely he's revelling in the limelight?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 10, 2016 8:51 PM

Jul 2014
i think people who complain about flashbacks really do not appreciate this anime. It's not like One Piece has that many unrelated episodes. And the ones about the past gives more details about the things you were wondering about in the manga. And the story has so many possibilities. If you're gonna complain you guys might as well just read the manga and not bother with the anime. I am eagerly waiting to find out what Straw-Hat pirates will do after Luffy becomes Pirate King (If he becomes! hahaha). I think eventually they will change the world (not rule it). Straw-Hat pirates vs World Government!!! Oh and if somewhere down the line there is a explanation and origin of Devil Fruits that would be nice. But i think Vegapunk or Nico Robin might find that out. And I think Luffy will really destroy Fishman Island like madam Sharley foretold to fulfill his promise to Shirahoshi (Mermaid Princess) to take Fishman kind to the surface. And I think Joyboy also made the same promise to Poseidon (Mermaid Princess from 800 years ago). Alabasta kingdom and Vivi will probably side with Luffy to fight the World Government after they reach Raftal and learn void history. And the one thing I'm really eager to find out is "If Luffy returns Shanks' hat as promised, what will be the crew's name 'Hatless Pirates '??? HAHAHAHAHA"
Aug 17, 2016 9:37 PM

May 2013
LMFAO God Usopp gets 5 stars for dat comic relief XDDD
Aug 17, 2016 9:40 PM

May 2013
Catalano said:

I still don't know why Sugar isn't aging, she looks the same
after 10 years.

They explained in earlier eps that Sugar's fruit makes her stop aging at the moment that she consumed the devil fruit. She's never gonna look any older than her loli form ;3
Jan 29, 2017 9:48 AM
Oct 2013
pirates are pirates but the civilians are so f****ng stupid.. they should have killed all the civilians and pirates that are hunting them..
Feb 26, 2017 2:30 AM

Mar 2012
Why are you guys still just chilling on the plateau, like is Kyros the only one who gives a dam about the situation lol. I'm assuming this is just another one of those parts that they stretched out in the anime adaptation which made it look like they were taking their time.
May 3, 2017 3:04 PM

May 2014
POOR USOPP XD
A god one second and the country's most wanted man the next. The guy just cannot catch a break!!

Creative game there, Doffy- it made this arc just that much more spicy!
I'm looking forward to seeing what match-ups end up happening as well.

Loved Sabo's reaction to being a target...the guy just got here and people are already trying to murder him!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2017 12:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
lol Ussop a 5 stars man!!! kekeke
Dec 18, 2017 2:06 PM

Dec 2014
Why are the civilians hesitating on who they should go after? Bunch of fucking idiots. You have a Warlord, a 400 million bounty pirate, the goat gladiator in your country, your fucking King and Sabo on your side. And you're worried about 2000 soldiers? Fuck off.
Jan 25, 2020 7:20 AM

Jun 2016
I think it’s safe to say round 3 has started. Round 1 was Doflamingo’s win as he flipped everything on its head, faked his resignation, nearly killed Law, and a handful of the Straw Hats barely got away alive. At this point, Luffy was in the tournament and Sabo switched with him, as well as the Sunny crew left the story. Round 2 was the new plans, the palace raid and the Tontatta underground attack while Sabo continued fighting. Although round 1 was a strong win for Doflamingo, the Straw Hats only essentially losing ground, round 2 was a complete win. Franky distracted, Usopp took down Sugar, the kingdom has started to crumble, and Sabo got the flare flare fruit. With the birdcage and the game starting, Doflamingo salvaging the factory at the last second and changing all plot threads completely with this, I’d say round 3 has begun. The Straw Hats have already done unfixable damage and whoever takes this round will likely come on top. I mean, it is kill or be killed.

After some more horrifying footage of families being destroyed, parents killing their children, friends killing each other, as Dressrosa burns and everyone is forced to face the truth, the bounties were announced. The 100 million bounties are for Rebecca, Nico Robin, Foxfire Kin’emon, Viola, and Cyborg Franky. The 200 million bounties are for the swordsmen Kyros and Zoro. The 300 million bounties are for the key figures, Straw Hat Luffy, Trafalgar Law, Sabo the revolutionary chief, and the old king Riku. But the highest of all the bounties is for the legendary God Usopp who drove the kingdom into chaos, the most important man in ruining Doflamingo’s day at 500 million. God Usopp was already a total Buggy moment, but now yet again having the unfamiliar judge apparent actions to derive importance in their enemies is making this history repeating itself and somehow it’s just as beautiful because it’s always understandable and hilarious. But more importantly, the despicable Doflamingo has set up a great and painful plan. To take Doflamingo down would mean fighting the entire Don Quixote family of executives and 2000 goons. Whereas, the enemies are a singular 12 people. And further the bounties on the 12 heads means that it serves as a dual incentive. For those scumbags who have no gratitude and no convictions and no sense of justice, they can be inspired by cruel greed. For those who reject this but are inspired by self preservation then they also have reason. Both camps were beautiful showcased as they attacked Franky for two different reasons.

With this set up, an array of new plotlines and strategies are in action. First to locate each party involved, Zoro in fact did not stay in the palace which brings me some sadness as that would have been amazing. Rather, he, Luffy, Viola, Riku and Law are together and Luffy has a clear goal in mind. That is, to seriously kick Mingo’s ass and protect his friends. We can imagine he wants to head straight to Mingo’s palace and he has the help of Viola’s clairvoyance. I’m super glad Law is back in the story. However, Kyros was with them but split up, most likely heading right to Doflamingo to make sure such a horror does not continue. One time was enough. Underground we have a massive party, Robin, the Tontatta, Usopp, Sabo, Hack, Koala, and Bartolomeo if I’m not forgetting anyone. At the moment they headed above ground and Luffy told Rebecca to stay with his friends as he goes to kick Mingo’s ass, but their role in this isn’t super clear yet. We can assume they’ll split up. Kin’emon already broke off from the party to continue looking for Kanjuro and jumped to the scrapyard, gosh I love how he’s willing to do anything for the people he loves without a second thought. Franky wants to do his part now that Usopp accomplished his mission and thus he plans to annihilate the factory which is key in Law’s plan. With how he’s been set up to want to destroy it since they arrived here, I can imagine he will definitely follow through with it and show us that sea prism stone is like hot butter to a cyborg. Lastly, Diamante and Trebol have been called to the palace which makes it seem like Doflamingo is rallying his troops up.

P.S. Unrelated to this episode but due to the opening presenting us Zoro and Fujitora fighting it made me reflect more on the morality of the navy. I doubt Zoro and Fujitora are that different morally speaking, I don’t think they would actually fight outside of the fact that they are on different sides of the law. And a way I reason the navy’s justice to rival’s pirates freedom is that by allowing types of freedom like the Straw Hats’ it in turn allows for the chaotic freedom of evil pirates. By restricting all pirate freedom they keep order and in turn prevent the bad kind of freedom. Yet, I don’t think is valid because when I think of the worst pirates I think of warlords. Blackbeard temporarily became one on his way to becoming emperor, and Crocodile and Doflamingo are two of the most horrendous pirates I can think of yet they are only capable of their feats due to the government tolerating them at the time of their prevalence. I think until Fujitora disbands warlords completely, I can’t respect the world government’s philosophy much at all, even if it’s understandable, and it makes me side much more with Fujitora. Seriously, what a great guy. And speaking of admirals, I wonder if Kuzan will come back up in this arc seeing that he was privy to Doflamingo’s actions.
Apr 2, 2020 12:25 PM

Nov 2018
I couldn't help but burst out laughing at Usopp's bounty.
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jun 17, 2020 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
LunyRem said:
Hmm.. Nice way to introduce the wanted criminals in Dressrosa from the screen, although a bit slow.

Yeah the dumb production staff is up to their obvious shenanigans trying to buy screen time. Reminds me of when they tried revealing all of the officers (of the three branches) of the Doflamingo family.

The 12-criminal introduction PLUS all the pointless Rebecca flashbacks that weren't needed PLUS the opening PLUS recap PLUS preview ... oml, there's really a limited amount of episode content isn't there.

Gator said:
So... the only thing that happened in this episode was that Kyros and Franky ran away and they published the bounties? Come on, that's really not enough for 20 minutes :(

Preach sister. (((LUCKILY, for the first time in a while, I didn't necessarily find a problem with the pacing in this episode. And there weren't too many still frames. But the Rebecca flashbacks and the 12-criminal introduction, as I said, were cheap tricks.))) I've complained about it dozens and dozens of times before, but they need to have more plot-progression in these episodes. I don't know why they can't just make some filler episodes now and then widen the gap between manga releases and weekly episode releases.
Jun 18, 2020 12:13 AM
Jul 2018

HmMmMm… what could Luffy and Zoro be up to here? Why is Zoro handing Luffy one of his swords? This is kind of out-of-left field for OP… having the MC nonchalantly doing something out-of-character and seemingly-of-significance … just … in the background.
Jun 18, 2020 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Good on Usopp. I even went on a tangent in a forum shortly before this one about how Usopp’s dream is finally becoming a reality. His dream was to become a great Warrior of the Sea, and now he has guys kneeling down before him in worship.

Lo and behold, through the power of deception, Usopp surpassed his very own captain, the world famous Straw Hat Luffy. His lies and tall tales never seemed to get him anywhere, nor his poor to moderate persuasion skills. But the leading antagonist has doubled the capture prize of Usopp in comparison to Luffy. The entire country now sees him as a larger threat than the captain of the Straw Hats.

Wow. I know Usopp doesn’t want to be getting the spotlight right now, but the viewer needs to realize that this is something he’s always technically wanted. And it’s a strange feeling watching things play out like this after 680 episodes…

… also, how TF did Doflamingo get flawless headshots of the 12 people on his kill list.
Mar 5, 2021 6:47 PM

May 2016
I loved this episode because I could genuinely feel the fear in the way that the straw hats and co are wanted from all angles, they’re trapped in the bird cage. Nowhere to go, all they can do is run, until Luffy kicks the crap out of Doffy. I can feel the anticipation building. I love this arc so much.

Also, all hail USOLANDAAAA! 500 million, damn bro.
May 6, 2021 10:39 AM

May 2016
Bounties are badges of honor for pirates and this time's no exception. Usopp getting the highest price on his head was absolutely hilarious!

The memories flooding back into Rebecca when Luffy reveals the truth that was hiding right under her nose was a very heartwarming moment. All that's left is for them to meet face-to-face.

May 24, 2021 7:00 AM

Apr 2021
things that needs to be mentioned
1. GOD USOPP BIT WAS INDEED HILARIOUS
-veyr cool and it was worth all those eps wehre in he didnt exactly do his best
2. damn those toys that were worshipping him a while back really turned lol
3. i hope the admiral would help take down doflamingo or atleast help in a way
4. i love those bartolomeo scenes lmao HE S HELLA STRONG TOO so theres taht
,, this 100 ep arc is goign p fast for me ngl
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Aug 11, 2021 10:37 AM

Jun 2019
I love how pissed Mingo is because of Usopp... 500 Million.
Aug 27, 2021 12:24 AM

Aug 2021
God Usopp deserves more than 500 million berries

now buttobasu time Luffy
Apr 30, 2022 11:24 PM

Dec 2012
Some of those people should have stayed toys. Such ungrateful bastards. At least the citizens are trying to rationalize it as a necessary evil, albeit Doflamingo will kill them regardless once all of his real threats are out of the way.

Doflamingo is so twisted & cruel, but he's undeniably a showman through & through. Leaving out any four stars and making Usopp the only five star is actually quite clever. Making the weakest link the biggest prize just adds extra fuel to the fire. I knew it was too good to be true when all of those big names from the arena were worshiping Usopp.
Jul 15, 2022 4:59 AM

Jan 2021
When Bartolomeo was asking Robin about Sogeking the first thing he accidentally said was Robin let me be your slave! he’s just like me fr 🤣 and my boi God Usopp getting 5 stars 500 million berries in my opinion it should be higher but whatever
Aug 18, 2022 3:45 PM

Dec 2018
worst thing ever created
Sep 2, 2022 7:10 AM
Apr 2020
Only One piece can actually have such tense scenes into hilarious moments. God Ussop…500 Million!
Dec 22, 2022 11:08 AM

Dec 2021
I liked the motivational speech Luffy gave to Rebecca. I think it really showed how mature he has become. 
Aug 21, 2023 7:23 PM
Oct 2019
GOD USOPP 500 MILLION LMAO 🤣

These people really blinded by money?
Really?
WTF
Nov 14, 2023 6:10 PM
Feb 2022
Heretics. After being saved, they want to hand god Usopp over. On the other hand, Luffy is right. The reward for Usopp was laughable XD. This arc doesn't have a peak, it keeps getting better. I loved the graphics of each wanted member, the beginning of the games, everything.

Spanish translation:
Herejes. Después de ser salvados quieren entregar a Dios Usopp. Por otro lado, Luffy tiene razón. La recompensa por Usopp dio risa XD. Este arco no tiene pico, cada vez se pone mejor. Me encantaron las graficas de cada miembro buscado, el comienzo de los juegos, todo.
Jul 4, 8:53 PM
Sep 2021
XD awesome episode
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1121 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 9 hours ago

30 by Ranxomare »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 27

56 by Atlas77 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1112 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 13

130 by Atlas77 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1111 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 6

65 by Atlas77 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

51 by Atlas77 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.