Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 21, 2023 4:35 AM
Jan 2023
Should I watch steins gate 0 or the first steins gate is enough?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 21, 2023 4:40 AM
Apr 2023
Steins gate 0 was a disappointment for me. It only had a few good episodes. It lacked the original steins gate vibe.

However, it’s still more steins gate content, so check it out to see if you like it.
Oct 21, 2023 4:45 AM

Apr 2015
Its a part of the series and completes the whole experience so you really shouldnt skip it.
Oct 21, 2023 4:45 AM

Mar 2020
I really enjoyed Steins;gate 0 tbh, it might not be up everyone's alley, but Alternate Okabes struggle to reach the perfect ending for his other alternate version was just great.
Oct 21, 2023 4:46 AM
Feb 2018
this is part of what they had to do to achieve the steins;gate, watch it
Oct 21, 2023 4:47 AM
Mar 2022
Yaah , It's worth of your time
Oct 21, 2023 4:48 AM

Aug 2021
i mean you should complete it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2023 4:48 AM

Jan 2017
Havish2628 said:

Steins;Gate can , and has been enough for years.

But Steins;Gate 0 completes the experience , by giving us infos of another worldline , which led the original story to its end.
Be aware that the tone is much more melancholic than the one of the original , and despite a few incredible moments , the quality is not on par with it.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Oct 21, 2023 4:50 AM
Feb 2023
Havish2628 said:

if you love steins gate then watch it there is a ep called 23ß missing link divided by zero,
watch that ep before watching stains gate 0
i personal enjoy it, it's worth watching it
Oct 21, 2023 4:50 AM
Aug 2019
Havish2628 said:

what do you mean worth watching?
Bro it's "Must Watching" lol
It completes the story of Steins Gate
Oct 21, 2023 5:01 AM
Jan 2021
Yep. In some ways this was better over the main series and vice versa. It’s a part of my #1 for a reason.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Oct 21, 2023 5:04 AM
May 2022
Depends on how much you like the characters. 0 kinda fundamentally misunderstands some of the story beats, but it’s just a good time to see your favourite characters again. If you’re not that invested then I’d give it a skip.
Oct 21, 2023 5:17 AM
Mar 2023
Stein Gate 0 is garbage.
Oct 21, 2023 5:23 AM

Dec 2021
Depends. Steins;Gate is made as a complete story with definite start and end. Besides Zero is not a sequel. So if you want to explore more of the characters and timelines of S;G then, you should watch. Unless, tho I don't recommend but you can skip it.

Zero also explains a certain important part of the main series.

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Oct 21, 2023 5:50 AM
Jul 2023
I mean I thought it was really good so
Oct 21, 2023 5:57 AM
Oct 2023
Worth it if you really enjoyed SteinsGate
Oct 21, 2023 6:04 AM
Apr 2022
Definitely worth watching
Oct 21, 2023 6:06 AM
Jun 2021
for me, its equal to steins gate quality
Oct 21, 2023 6:07 AM

Oct 2019
Yes but don't expect it to be as polished as the original

0 is a HUGE mixed bag. I could write on essay on why it's a masterpiece, and then write an equally long essay on why it's complete garbage. it has very high highs, but also has very low lows.

so why is it worth watching?

because the parts that connect to the original steins;gate are all great!

All the old characters get fantastic development. It makes the episode 22 and ending of the original, 10 times more impactful, and dare I say it has a better soundtrack.

So, While SG 0 on it's own is VERY flawed. It is more than worth watching.

I go as far saying when at it's best, it's arguably even better than the main series. and it has one of my favourite scenes in any piece of media.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 21, 2023 6:18 AM

Apr 2020
It's alright, but I feel like if you've watched the Main storyline already this is just Bonus.

Watch if you can't get enough of Steins Gate, but don't expect it to top the original.

It fills a gap in the story. That's all.
Oct 21, 2023 6:23 AM
Aug 2020
Absolutely, don't let no one tell you otherwise
Oct 21, 2023 7:10 AM
Jul 2022
In my opinion, better than the first season
Oct 21, 2023 7:14 AM
Jun 2021
Sure watch it, but it isn’t great
Oct 21, 2023 7:24 AM
Mar 2019
Worth it? Yes definitely. I will say I liked it less than the first part but it's a must watch imo because it wraps up the story and is a mainline part of the original visual novels
Oct 21, 2023 7:25 AM
Jul 2023
Don’t watch it, personally i think it ruined the storyline it had built up and left me unsatasfied with the ending that I loved in steins gate
Oct 21, 2023 7:30 AM
Apr 2022
Havish2628 said:

Let's just say it's the final piece of the puzzle you didn't think you needed. And won't be able to see the story without it once you've watched it.
Oct 21, 2023 8:03 AM

Jul 2015
It's very good, but not as good as main series.

Oct 21, 2023 8:27 AM
Nov 2019
It's okay.

Nowhere near the original tho.
Oct 21, 2023 8:30 AM
Sep 2023
It is quite enjoyable and completes 100% the story… so you should watch it!!
Oct 21, 2023 8:32 AM
Jun 2022
Havish2628 said:

watch it. also watch that movie later on. really good movie.
Oct 21, 2023 8:47 AM
Sep 2022
Havish2628 said:

You should definitely watch eveything that is related to steins gate (all seasons ovas movies etc) don't ever skip a part. Even though steins gate 0 is not as perfect as original series , it is really worth to watch. And if you watch the series in this order ;
1-Steins;Gate Episode 1-22
2- Steins;Gate Kyoukaimenjou no Missing Link(ep23B)
3- Steins;Gate 0
4- steins gate ova that is valentine ..... (2018)(optional but I suggest watching it as well since it is funny and wholesome)
5-Proceed back to Steins;Gate and continue
episodes 23-24
6-egoistic poriomania ova (2012)
7- deja vu movie (2013)
8-other remaining ovas for fun
I assure you, you will get double please while watching.
KuroiSeireiOct 21, 2023 8:58 AM
Oct 21, 2023 8:55 AM
Dec 2021
Havish2628 said:

Stein's Gate 0 is so good!
Oct 21, 2023 9:08 AM

Feb 2016
Havish2628 said:
Should I watch steins gate 0

NO.

Even Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes are better.
その目だれの目?
Oct 21, 2023 9:20 AM
Jul 2022
well progress is slow but the story is excellent
you won't regret
also the ending is worth watching the whole season
Oct 21, 2023 9:32 AM
Jul 2021
sure watch it after the last episode some things gonna make so much more sense
Oct 21, 2023 9:35 AM
Sep 2021
steins gate 0 is a masterpiece and you definitely should watch it. It was more dark and emotional than the original S;G . You definitely should watch it , S;G series isnt complete without it
Oct 21, 2023 9:38 AM
Oct 2023
I am Also watch all Episode Never Miss The Series Thanks for Question Try My Series" Sratim tv tv "
Oct 21, 2023 10:34 AM
Feb 2023
Is this even a question
Oct 21, 2023 10:36 AM

Aug 2018
SG0 really drags in the middle section but the rest is pretty good. Nowhere near as good as the original but still better than most anime. I gave SG0 8/10 and the OG 10/10
Oct 21, 2023 10:52 AM

Jun 2023
Even though Steins gate 0 lacks the insane plot compared to its original series , I would ask you to watch it cause it completes the entire storyline and pulls you into far more depth especially if you watch it before watching the last episode of the original series .
My candies -

Oct 21, 2023 11:12 AM

Sep 2022
Havish2628 said:

Yeah, it is maybe not as great as Steins;Gate but if you watch the whole series in chronological order you'll understand that Steins;Gate 0 is a unseparable part of the whole story. I'll request you to watch the whole series in Chronological Order in your first go.
Oct 21, 2023 11:49 AM
May 2023
i really liked it and absolutely think its worth watching. it has some lackluster moments but the rest of the show more than makes up for it
Oct 21, 2023 4:25 PM
Nov 2022
KuroiSeirei said:
Havish2628 said:

You should definitely watch eveything that is related to steins gate (all seasons ovas movies etc) don't ever skip a part. Even though steins gate 0 is not as perfect as original series , it is really worth to watch. And if you watch the series in this order ;
3- Steins;Gate 0
4- steins gate ova that is valentine ..... (2018)(optional but I suggest watching it as well since it is funny and wholesome)
episodes 23-24
7- deja vu movie (2013)

The egoistic poriomania ova and the déja vu movie was made without 0 in mind because they retconned some stuff in 0 (most notably, suzuha's future mom used to be someone they met in the US that got retconned to Mayuri's friend)

(end of reply, start to answering OP's question)

I feel like before anything I have to touch upon how the original steins;gate anime was based on the VN of the same name which means that the VN has multiple endings and split timelines. 0 wasn't even in the original canon at first.

Also, while both steins;gate and 0 have multiple endings and split timelines, they both do it quite differently. In steins;gate, the timeline basically forks everytime you choose NOT to save someone and ends there, whilst saving them gets you closer to the "TRUE ending" which also means that it's easier to adapt into a single, linear anime series.

0 on the other hand, has multiple branches based on whether or not you use a particular feature in 0; but mostly branches at the start when you first decide whether or not to use said feature. The anime tries to adapt "both" of the timelines so you end up with a story that's neither one or the other, nor is it perfectly both at the same time so the pacing and the storylines would feel a bit more all over the place compared to the first entry.

All in all, I would treat 0 as a little bit more important than the ovas and the movie but it's also not a "MUST" must watch if you get what I mean.

If you ARE interested in watching 0, I would at the very least recommend watching the egoistic poriomania ova and the déja vu movie first (and ofc episode 23β) just because those 2 "extra" content will no longer be canon when you start watching 0, hence the term "retconned"
Oct 21, 2023 4:49 PM

May 2016
Reply to ReXiRa
KuroiSeirei said:
Havish2628 said:

3- Steins;Gate 0
episodes 23-24
7- deja vu movie (2013)

The egoistic poriomania ova and the déja vu movie was made without 0 in mind because they retconned some stuff in 0 (most notably, suzuha's future mom used to be someone they met in the US that got retconned to Mayuri's friend)

(end of reply, start to answering OP's question)

I feel like before anything I have to touch upon how the original steins;gate anime was based on the VN of the same name which means that the VN has multiple endings and split timelines. 0 wasn't even in the original canon at first.

Also, while both steins;gate and 0 have multiple endings and split timelines, they both do it quite differently. In steins;gate, the timeline basically forks everytime you choose NOT to save someone and ends there, whilst saving them gets you closer to the "TRUE ending" which also means that it's easier to adapt into a single, linear anime series.

0 on the other hand, has multiple branches based on whether or not you use a particular feature in 0; but mostly branches at the start when you first decide whether or not to use said feature. The anime tries to adapt "both" of the timelines so you end up with a story that's neither one or the other, nor is it perfectly both at the same time so the pacing and the storylines would feel a bit more all over the place compared to the first entry.

All in all, I would treat 0 as a little bit more important than the ovas and the movie but it's also not a "MUST" must watch if you get what I mean.

If you ARE interested in watching 0, I would at the very least recommend watching the egoistic poriomania ova and the déja vu movie first (and ofc episode 23β) just because those 2 "extra" content will no longer be canon when you start watching 0, hence the term "retconned"
ReXiRa said:

Nothing was retconned. And the "those were made without 0 in mind" part is also false, that's only true for the OVA. When the movie was made, the original version of 0's story, the Epigraph Trilogy (a trilogy of light novels) already existed.

ReXiRa said:

Actually, no, the 0 anime isn't even an adaptation.

ReXiRa said:

Both the OVA and the movie is canon, 0 doesn't have anything to do with their canonity. That's misinformation.

KuroiSeirei said:
3- Steins;Gate 0
episodes 23-24
7- deja vu movie (2013)

And this is the shittiest possible order someone can experience Steins;Gate. This order doesn't even make sense. Just ingore this, OP...
-
Oct 21, 2023 7:44 PM
Aug 2019
hell yeah watch it. Like what everyone else is saying, it essentially completes the story and the ending is pretty nice in my opinion; I don't think it could have been executed any better.
Oct 21, 2023 8:12 PM
Jun 2019
As someone who watched all of steins gate for the first time not too long ago. Steins Gate 0 was far better in my opinion than the original. Even though I steins gate 0 starts a bit slow, after like 5-6 episodes it surpasses the original in my opinion.
Oct 21, 2023 8:47 PM
Apr 2023
If you liked steins gate, then watch zero. IMO it’s even better than the original series.
Oct 21, 2023 10:35 PM
Sep 2022
SciADV_Maniac said:
ReXiRa said:

Nothing was retconned. And the "those were made without 0 in mind" part is also false, that's only true for the OVA. When the movie was made, the original version of 0's story, the Epigraph Trilogy (a trilogy of light novels) already existed.

ReXiRa said:

ReXiRa said:

Both the OVA and the movie is canon, 0 doesn't have anything to do with their canonity. That's misinformation.

KuroiSeirei said:
3- Steins;Gate 0
episodes 23-24
7- deja vu movie (2013)

And this is the shittiest possible order someone can experience Steins;Gate. This order doesn't even make sense. Just ingore this, OP...

don't mind him , I am not even sure he watched all the steins gate contents xd I have experienced this watch order and saw in on the forum from many people who says they have enjoyed it . If you do a research about watch order on the internet , at least %70 of the answers will be the same as mine.
Oct 22, 2023 12:10 AM
Feb 2023
At first it was a bit depressing. But to understand the entire story,I think anyone should watch it.It also focuses on the other characters in different world line. Overall I liked it.
Oct 22, 2023 12:54 AM

May 2016
Reply to KuroiSeirei
SciADV_Maniac said:
ReXiRa said:

ReXiRa said:

ReXiRa said:

KuroiSeirei said:
3- Steins;Gate 0
episodes 23-24
7- deja vu movie (2013)

don't mind him , I am not even sure he watched all the steins gate contents xd I have experienced this watch order and saw in on the forum from many people who says they have enjoyed it . If you do a research about watch order on the internet , at least %70 of the answers will be the same as mine.
KuroiSeirei said:

Dude... I've even read the visual novels Steins;Gate is based on, furthermore, I've also read every other Science Adventure visual novel released in English. I bet you don't even know that Steins;Gate is just a second part in a much bigger franchise. So no, I have to tell you that I'm much more knowledgeable about Steins;Gate than you, because I not only experienced all the Steins;Gate content, but I also have the context from the rest if the franchise. While you are some anime only, who only watched the animated content of S;G. Don't be ridiculous please.

About that "70%", I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Just read through all the threads here on MAL, the majority recommends release order. Because that is the way the creators intended to consume it. It literally makes no sense to stop S;G in the middle of its climax just to start another related story, which by the way doesn't even existed for years, and S;G was perfectly fine complete without it. Steins;Gate earned its 2nd place here and its popularity by its own right, without 0. Why do we need to add 0 inbetween? Which by the way, doesn't even make sense in universe as well, since 23b and 0 doesn't take place between ep22 and 23. This order just confuses people and complicates things for no valid reason.

And guess what, r/steinsgate which is arguably the biggest fanplace of Steins;Gate fans on the internet also recommends the release order: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/s/rvtFB8xucG

So hold your horses and do your research first please.
-
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2018

213 by TheMangaManiac »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2018

333 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

220 by Twerms »»
May 30, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 13 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

35 by Twerms »»
May 22, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

106 by Domeoryx »»
May 22, 8:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.