Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 18, 2023 7:01 PM

Apr 2021
This shit is so lame. Looks like another show hyped up by idiot LN readers for the 427th time here on MAL, which inevitably fails to live up to the hype.

Just another reskin, trying and failing to stand on it's own.
Aug 18, 2023 7:09 PM

Apr 2022
just another underwhelming episode. over halfway to the end, and there's no hope for this getting saved anymore.
Aug 18, 2023 7:18 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So is that all for Pete's arc? He actually a reversi? Can change the sexes? They showed how powerful Pete can be with Tornitrus spell. But what else can Pete do for those reversi status? To Oliver benefit? As i expect there'll be a fascinating way to starting up the new part of the story, after the death of one of the grand enemy of Oliver, and i truly appreciate how they do something shockingly wowed with that on this.

Anyqay talk about enemy, having their little talk amongst them about one of their circle died i find it funny when they kinda starting to blame each other especially since headmistress talking all the mighty about it. I do wonder what's her plan to mitigate the situation, or she can actually have none?

Back to the magic school, there's a secret event held as a good entertainment for people like Pete, and many else. There's also a broom lesson too, which ofc Nanao found something precious there for Oliver. Then don't forget the Oliver nemesis introduced as one of the weird teacher once again. Since he's the master of magical engineering, kinda, he might have more than one of a kind of the the traps and might be so difficult for Oliver to finish that one off.

So, what's next?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 18, 2023 8:13 PM
Aug 2014
It went from starting to get good with the plot being introduced last episode to going into "This kind of topic" episode, i know this is a slow burn series and i can wait but still this was pretty bad.
TheSekiryuuteiAug 18, 2023 8:22 PM
Aug 18, 2023 8:55 PM

Jul 2019
Well, I asked for more Pete last episode, and I wasn't disappointed, lol. Wow what a development that was. Can't wait to see where this goes.
Aug 18, 2023 9:38 PM

Mar 2007
After the spectacular reveals from last week's episode, we get to slow down a little, with 2 major events.

First, the brooms are all following Nanao around, it's almost like they want the best physical specimen to be the one to choose them. But she picks the most rebellious broom of all, and it's a match made in heaven as they sail off into the skies much to the despair of the teacher!

Second, Oliver realizes Pete is a Reversi, and he's gotten invited to an event for the others with sex based magic gifts (!!!) So now Pete has "their" people!

The performance was a treat, that voice is just so beautiful and hopeful.
Aug 18, 2023 9:56 PM
Jan 2021
Solid Anime So Far Literally Anime Harry Potter
Aug 18, 2023 10:02 PM

May 2019
Yeah I thought reversi was a board game played with black and white disks but today I learned that it also means gender bender (or something like that). For a moment I thought I had missed that Pete was a girl but that change happened in this episode. I'll see if that adds anything substantial to the anime but Oliver did say it will help with his magic ability.

Beyond that we saw a scene with the 6 remaining antagonist but there may be also a student involved as towards the end he was, for some reason, pissed off that Oliver and his group of friends were getting along.

Aug 18, 2023 10:02 PM

Apr 2023
Lmao is this a jab at JK Rowling?
Aug 18, 2023 10:07 PM

May 2009
otakuweek said:
this episode was not useful

i don't understant what the mangaka was trying to do with this character.

was that really important for the story.

if it was like tengoku, i will say ok but here...

It's light novel adaptation, not manga.
Aug 18, 2023 10:11 PM

Nov 2016
not gonna lie after the peter reveal just scroled through comments
Aug 18, 2023 11:16 PM
May 2023
Penteano said:
Man... right when this was getting good they add this crap 🤮
Drop

That's exactly how I feel
Aug 19, 2023 12:36 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
phantomfandom said:
Michela's father, Professor Theodore McFarlane, reminds me of Gilderoy Lockhart.

I was about to comment, precisely, about how the alchemy position, now with the former teacher disappearance, reminds me a lot of Defense Against the Dark Arts class from HP.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Aug 19, 2023 12:52 AM
Apr 2022
[p]i didn't expect all this calm after what the main character did in the last episode, anyway the episode is normal, not too good not too bad[p]
Aug 19, 2023 1:21 AM
May 2023
Secret333 said:
Ok. I'm gonna ask this question wherever I can cause I NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE!!

If Pete can change sexes completely, does that mean he can get pregnant? I imagine the answer is yes so my next question is: What happens if he changes back to male while he is? Does the fetus disappear along with the uterus or does it lose the placenta and die? Can Pete control his/her changing yet or does he/she need to learn quickly?

I have no problem with Pete changing sexes but have you considered the implications, people?

Also, nice to see Guy doing something. For once it's not Oliver saving the class.

it's not that deep bro
Aug 19, 2023 1:37 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
The music was very good in this episode.
The school is full of weird ppl tho.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 19, 2023 4:21 AM

Jul 2020
I liked the episode, it was really entertaining.
also, nice to see the homophobes in the comments getting the fuck out, just as they always should.
Aug 19, 2023 4:44 AM
Jan 2020
right after it actually got interesting they add this shit
Aug 19, 2023 5:13 AM

Jun 2016
so underrated !!!

this show is interesting !!
Aug 19, 2023 5:24 AM

Jun 2021
Pete being a gender bender..Despite being confuse, at least he can rely on someone.
Aug 19, 2023 5:50 AM
Oct 2022
Y'all do be hating Pete's reversi but head over heels for Mahiro (Onimai)

Welp mixed feelings about this episode although geh
Aug 19, 2023 6:59 AM

Mar 2014
Pete can change switch gender coz of course he/she can
RedChromeAug 21, 2023 11:51 AM
Aug 19, 2023 8:52 AM
Jan 2023
This week's episode went very quickly, and so much happened. We get introduced to brooms, I just love how they're treated like living creatures that need taming rather than just tools. That is a very nice touch.

Oh and Pete's reversi magic was the last thing I was expecting, but I think it was handled very well. Oliver was made to be a very supportive character. I just hope they can keep this up. I just wasn't expecting that there would be so many transphobic people here though, that kinda shocked me really.

As for the singing, that was pretty unexpected too, but was a nice addition. I also laughed pretty hard at the final scene where that guy is watching the main characters and says "It pisses me off". I wonder what that is all about, I'm sure we'll find out next week though.

Overall, very good episode, loving the direction this show is taking.
Aug 19, 2023 10:26 AM
Jan 2019
bulhit the anime is getting worse
Aug 19, 2023 11:18 AM
Apr 2023
Reiaa said:
What has anime industry stepped into...
WHY does everything has to have a slight chunk of LBGT? I hope this is not going to a mainstream thing for future animes.
I've seen enough of this for the past 3 years.
Gender Bender has been a thing in anime genre. there is no LGBT like what western people crazy about in here. just a simple genre. stop being triggered
Aug 19, 2023 11:24 AM

Feb 2021
It is not gender bender, it is an ability of the man, at the end of the episode it was properly explained to us.
Aug 19, 2023 11:30 AM

Jan 2013
SwagsOnB said:
Yup, the whole trans gender bender 
Aug 19, 2023 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
einstorage6691 said:
Reiaa said:
What has anime industry stepped into...
WHY does everything has to have a slight chunk of LBGT? I hope this is not going to a mainstream thing for future animes.
I've seen enough of this for the past 3 years.
Gender Bender has been a thing in anime genre. there is no LGBT like what western people crazy about in here. just a simple genre. stop being triggered

Oh come on. They knew this was going to grow up the numbers considering 2023 and beyond will be full of wokes. The past 4 years or so there was barely any new animes with this thing and that is from someone with over 400 animes watched minus smut.
Aug 19, 2023 12:21 PM

Nov 2017
Can reversi choose their gender? Can they have double lives? Like marry a girl and build a family and also marry a guy and build another family lol? and jump between 2 states?
Aug 19, 2023 12:34 PM
Apr 2020
So is this woke or not?
Aug 19, 2023 12:57 PM
Jan 2022
Dinosaurtime_YT said:
So is this woke or not?

That depends how you define woke.
There is very little LGBT content in the LNs, magical humans who can change their sex are not relevant to our current reality (emphasis on reality, wink, wink :)

However, as depicted in LNs, mage society is oppressive to non-mages and demihumans, in addition many mages themselves becomes victims, willing or not, of the domineering ethos of "success and progress at any cost" so if you use the most common definition of "woke" as in "current society is inherently designed to oppress therefore mechanisms should be develop to disempower the oppressors and uplift the oppressed, by force if necessary" then there certainly is an undercurrent of that in the novels. It is not crude in your face propaganda like you see in Western works, though. 

You have to realize, though, that the emphasis of the LNs, for all the world building, is bad-ass magical battles.

Aug 19, 2023 2:04 PM
Apr 2020
durask said:
Dinosaurtime_YT said:
So is this woke or not?

That depends how you define woke.
There is very little LGBT content in the LNs, magical humans who can change their sex are not relevant to our current reality (emphasis on reality, wink, wink :)

However, as depicted in LNs, mage society is oppressive to non-mages and demihumans, in addition many mages themselves becomes victims, willing or not, of the domineering ethos of "success and progress at any cost" so if you use the most common definition of "woke" as in "current society is inherently designed to oppress therefore mechanisms should be develop to disempower the oppressors and uplift the oppressed, by force if necessary" then there certainly is an undercurrent of that in the novels. It is not crude in your face propaganda like you see in Western works, though. 

You have to realize, though, that the emphasis of the LNs, for all the world building, is bad-ass magical battles.
I mean the more badass magical battles the better. I haven't even watched past episode 3 cause I'm starting to dislike watching shows weekly. I'll binge it when it's done I just got a vid in my recommended talking about this and that and trans and stuff I just came here to see what people thought of it. Yeah spoiling myself but idrc.
Aug 19, 2023 2:53 PM

Nov 2020
You know, when Pete went and said "My body... It's so hot..." I told myself, "He's going to turn into a girl."

And when it actually happened, I let out the heartiest of laughs.
I have read 2 perfect chapters of manga; They are Usogui Chapter 203 and Onani Master Kurosawa Chapter 23.
Aug 19, 2023 3:14 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
LOL 

i only came to the episode discussion to look for the inevitable "woke" comments

and unfortunately i have to be honest... while anime has been doing this kinda thing FOR DECADES, its hard NOWADAYS not to sometimes wonder what is and isn't a result of current times, especially since there are plenty of recent stories of Japan buying into woke stuff

... well at least anime has a leg to stand on either way..

EcchiGodMamsterAug 19, 2023 3:21 PM
Aug 19, 2023 3:57 PM
Aug 2020
bastek66 said:
otakuweek said:
this episode was not useful

i don't understant what the mangaka was trying to do with this character.

was that really important for the story.

if it was like tengoku, i will say ok but here...

The person who wrote this story if you prefer 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 19, 2023 5:00 PM

Mar 2010

ShokugekiNoRindo said:
Can reversi choose their gender? Can they have double lives? Like marry a girl and build a family and also marry a guy and build another family lol? and jump between 2 states?
I could answer, but I would rather let you just speculate heh

otakuweek said:
bastek66 said:

I mean you're still wrong anyway because this literally how character development works. Yes it both important for narrative like everything else in the episode.
Aug 19, 2023 5:49 PM

Dec 2015
Sometimes it takes a man to become best girl xD Pete just became one of my fav characters in this anime
Aug 19, 2023 6:12 PM
Aug 2020
Iron_Maw said:

ShokugekiNoRindo said:

otakuweek said:

I mean you're still wrong anyway because this literally how character development works. Yes it both important for narrative like everything else in the episode.

Wrong of what? Who are you??

I don’t like this sexuality thing, you are going to force me to like this stupid thing???

In Tengoku it was well done even if it was confusing, this is how we build a character.

Look my cv before to discuss anime with me please.

This was bad 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Aug 19, 2023 7:54 PM

Mar 2010
otakuweek said:
Iron_Maw said:

I don’t like this sexuality thing, you are going to force me to like this stupid thing???

In Tengoku it was well done even if it was confusing, this is how we build a character.

Nobody forcing you like any aspect of any character in either of the those shows. My point is whether you like them or not has nothing to do with their importance to the story or character development. Objectively Pete being significantly affect by his change on a emotional and physical level. It present new opportunities and problems for him to overcome. That's no different Kiru's situation in Heavenly Delusion.
Iron_MawAug 19, 2023 7:58 PM
Aug 19, 2023 8:00 PM
Apr 2021
Those teachers are really heartless. Also Pete suddenly change from male to female was unexpected but it looks like it gave Pete some boost up in his magic power. Also it looks like trouble is brewing for Oliver and Co at the end. I'm sure they can handle it. Can't wait for the next episode. Really enjoying the anime so far
Aug 19, 2023 9:56 PM
Aug 2020
Iron_Maw said:
otakuweek said:

Nobody forcing you like any aspect of any character in either of the those shows. My point is whether you like them or not has nothing to do with their importance to the story or character development. Objectively Pete being significantly affect by his change on a emotional and physical level. It present new opportunities and problems for him to overcome. That's no different Kiru's situation in Heavenly Delusion.

It’s bad, stop arguing 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Aug 19, 2023 11:36 PM

Mar 2008
Genderswapping for characters is not remotely new to manga or anime. Don't assume it is. It is old. Case and point, Ramna 1/2 and Maze, are both early 90s to mid-90s. I think the author actually took inspiration from Takahashi, as it seems that Pete can go back and forth and isn't stuck as one or the other. We are still not sure in the anime what triggered it, if anything.
Aug 20, 2023 12:05 AM

Nov 2017
Iron_Maw said:

ShokugekiNoRindo said:
Okay, I just hope the story remains centered on world-building. And secrets of our characters, ofc. Those are the best qualities of this show ;p
Aug 20, 2023 1:23 AM

Mar 2010
otakuweek said:
Iron_Maw said:

It’s bad, stop arguing 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️
Only point we are in agreement is I don't care to argue much with you either. Its not as if there any substance in your stance anyway.
Aug 20, 2023 1:46 AM

Mar 2014
New Student: "Can we have a Reversi Club at Kimberly?"
Senior Student: "We already have a Reversi Club at Kimberly."
The Reversi Club at Kimberly:
Aug 20, 2023 2:22 AM
Jul 2013
Secret333 said:
Ok. I'm gonna ask this question wherever I can cause I NEED ANSWERS PEOPLE!!

If Pete can change sexes completely, does that mean he can get pregnant? I imagine the answer is yes so my next question is: What happens if he changes back to male while he is? Does the fetus disappear along with the uterus or does it lose the placenta and die? Can Pete control his/her changing yet or does he/she need to learn quickly?

I have no problem with Pete changing sexes but have you considered the implications, people?

Also, nice to see Guy doing something. For once it's not Oliver saving the class.
As a plot device I would imagine that if they got pregnant that the pregnancy would prevent them changing back to male.
The other likely plot device is that if they changed back to a male they would still remain pregnant as a man.
Aug 20, 2023 3:11 AM
Sep 2016
CALM DOWN EVERYONE! AND YOU THERE, STOP POSTING CONTENTS TO RULE34 ALREADY!

So we got a Kimberly version of Gay Club today, huh!? Complete with it's Uta-hime(-san?) as well.... Let's just hope this doesn't have it's own dedicated strings of number dedicated to it soon (IYKWIM). It's futile to hope, I know. The doujin community is just that quick to take actions after all.....

Secret333 said:

Well, there's definitely a dedicated tag somewhere in the doujin community (especially the yaoi ones) for this.... But, just imagine if the prego continues even after changing back to male.... Will it came out of the tiny hole we (male) had? Ouch.....
uncleqrowAug 20, 2023 3:19 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Aug 20, 2023 4:16 AM

Feb 2021
Vooo said:
SwagsOnB said:

No, there wasn't such a person in Harry Potter.
Aug 20, 2023 6:55 AM
Apr 2023
Reiaa said:
einstorage6691 said:

Oh come on. They knew this was going to grow up the numbers considering 2023 and beyond will be full of wokes. The past 4 years or so there was barely any new animes with this thing and that is from someone with over 400 animes watched minus smut.
1. first of all this anime is not about gender bender in the first place
2. there is no merit for anime company, especially we in asia not crazy about your LGBT and woke thing
3. the most important thing, this anime is BASED on Light novel which is released at 2018

also there is anime that are gender bender and are loved by many people which is Onimai.

I'm already old man and I have watch anime from detectuve conan first released. And I still love anime from the bottom of my heart regardless of genre
Aug 20, 2023 7:40 AM

Jan 2013
Memore said:
Vooo said:

No, there wasn't such a person in Harry Potter.
Not a character but the author of Harry Potter JK Rowling is getting cancelled because she does not support trans. The whole cancel culture but its backfiring on those people. 
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.