Forum Settings
Forums

Anime character everyone loves but *you* HATE.

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 27, 2022 11:50 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
That toru amuro agent zero from detective Conan...too many lies too many roles and too little sleep .. he is a one incident away from developing an identity crisis..
Like it reminds me of a certain con-man turned serial killer from criminal minds a US tv show

Jul 27, 2022 3:12 PM

Jun 2016
A lot of people seem to like Kaneki. Why?
Jul 27, 2022 3:24 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Usagi-san-chan said:
A lot of people seem to like Kaneki. Why?

Because Kaneki ken sounds like manzai group who are old as dinosaur but still only gets opening acts for much younger manzai groups..

Jul 27, 2022 3:41 PM

Jun 2022
Ruka - Rent a Girlfriend
Goku - Dragon Ball
Near - Death Note
Luffy - One Piece

Jul 27, 2022 3:46 PM
Oct 2020
Rin Toosaka, MAN is she a shitty character. Her best role in the entire Fate franchise (I have not seen the whole thing so please dont crucify me) was in Zero when she just appeared as a cameo and when she became a protag in Stay Night UBW she was insufferably. She made the show as a whole a generally worse experience than Zero. Every time Shirou would say anything that Toosaka agreed with she would automatically go on a tsundere shpeal about how ''its not like I like you or anything''. Lckily for my braincells Shirou was always on that Sigma grindset and ingored her. The only redeemable thing about her is her design which I find quiet cute
Jul 29, 2022 4:23 PM
Jul 2022
C.C is a terrible waifu, and isn't even a good character.
Jul 29, 2022 4:37 PM

Feb 2016
Luffy, nami, shanks,law,and that shark guy too ( i also hate his VA)
Shinji ( funny enough i like him as conan)
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jul 29, 2022 7:35 PM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
tbh i honestly hate a lot of the aot cast besides for levi, historia and gabi LOL. (welp) besides for aot though, i really don't like power/denji/makima from csm, takemichi from tokyo revengers and L from death note.

✧ forum set by the loml, toria <3 ✧
Jul 29, 2022 7:38 PM

Feb 2021
considering that Kirito is among the top most favourited, i have lost all faith in humanity
Jul 29, 2022 7:52 PM
Oct 2019
My brother says Yuno from Black Clover, I say Sasuke from Naruto.
Jul 29, 2022 8:19 PM

Apr 2011
I believe "hate" is too strong a word for me to use when it comes a specific anime character. Therefore, I would be more inclined to use "dislike" instead. If I disliked the character, the dislike boils down to factors such as writing and execution.

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Jul 29, 2022 8:40 PM
Apr 2022
People finally agree Rem is a waifu bait with minimal personality after all these years. People used to defend her character like their life depends on it. What a time to be alive.
Jul 29, 2022 8:46 PM
Jan 2022
Ayanokouji kiyotaka from classroom of the elite
Aug 9, 2022 4:43 PM

Apr 2020
whitebagelxyz said:
People finally agree Rem is a waifu bait with minimal personality after all these years. People used to defend her character like their life depends on it. What a time to be alive.
Yea I never got it either. she goes from super shy but also can be a bad ass (really cool scenes) to be a waifu who only thinks about MC. It really killed the show for me. I don't hate her character, but it's 100% waifu bating and she lives to serve the MC. Kinda gross when you think about who would want a maid waifu.
Aug 9, 2022 6:49 PM
Jul 2014
GRIFFITH FROM BERSERK. HE DESERVES TO DIE AND BURN FOR EVERYTHING HE DID. I also hate Ryo from Devilman Crybaby.
Aug 10, 2022 5:12 AM

Aug 2020
Hisoka and Levi. I just don't get why you like them.
Think of a long sig~

Aug 11, 2022 11:14 PM

May 2021
Every isekai and harem mc+generic self insert romances

Stop either being the dense thing in existance or an absolute wuss that has generic bad author oc running after them
Inhales oxygen
Aug 12, 2022 1:55 AM

Jul 2020
Not really hate but I don't get all the hype around yor from spy x family.

Aug 15, 2022 7:36 AM

Mar 2020
I don't hate any of these characters, but I think they are insanely overrated.

1. Aizen
2. Johan Liebert
3. Dio
4. Kira Yoshikage
5. Anos Voldigod
💀😭😂🙏
Aug 15, 2022 8:02 AM

Jan 2022
It's by far just two characters, Light Yagami, and Lelouch. Both are angsty emo kids with god complexes, and no likeable traits whatsoever, I fuckin hate them lol.
Aug 15, 2022 8:10 AM

Mar 2022
Zero Two
Rem
Roxy
Johan
Levi
Zoro
L
Ayanokouji and his brother from Oregairu
Gojo
Aug 15, 2022 9:08 AM

May 2021
Gojou Satoru. I don't dislike nor do I hate him at all. Just want to know reasons. Because he's damn strong and can single-handedly fight against enemy (iirc)?

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Sep 13, 2022 4:43 PM

Apr 2020
SaMMy17BST said:
It's by far just two characters, Light Yagami, and Lelouch. Both are angsty emo kids with god complexes, and no likeable traits whatsoever, I fuckin hate them lol.
I never liked them as people, but I really enjoyed their stories. Light, corrupted by the deathnote and how it ends is very satisfying imo, and with Lelouch it's less satisfying but I liked the direction he went at the end too.
Sep 13, 2022 4:50 PM

Jun 2022
Light Yagami (Death Note)

Deku (MHA)
Bakugo

Emma (TPN)
Norman

Goku (DB)

Gon (HxH)

Eren (AOT)
Mikasa

"But we're gonna chill today. Let me rock the world tomorrow." ~ Lotus Juice
Sep 13, 2022 5:16 PM
Aug 2022
Light Yagami. Ugh, what an infuriating character.
Sep 19, 2022 5:06 AM
Jun 2021
Equallady said:
GRIFFITH FROM BERSERK. HE DESERVES TO DIE AND BURN FOR EVERYTHING HE DID. I also hate Ryo from Devilman Crybaby.

That's the point though. Being a horrific monster doesn't make a character poorly written.
Sep 19, 2022 5:07 AM
Jun 2021
SaMMy17BST said:

Don't compare Louch to that stupid ginger
Dec 3, 2022 1:48 AM

May 2021
Denji (CSM): Oh great... Another idiotic MC who thinks nothing but boobs despite his tragic past. What an original idea.
Power: I don't care how beautiful and strong she is. She's nothing but a stinky stupid liar!
Mysticus92Dec 3, 2022 2:04 AM
Dec 3, 2022 2:08 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I don't really have characters I hate per say but I question people who have favorites from the Fairy Tail.

A_G_N said:

People love to hate on characters who went through hell I guess? Or maybe because it's "Naruto", the memed weeb community friendship shonen dude. Classic weebs

As someone whose favorite MC was Naruto for quite some time your rant is pure but just because Naruto has a lot of hardships doesn't make him likable.
Mar 27, 2023 4:09 AM
Sep 2021
_Fallacy_ said:
Gintoki ,Luffy ,Zoro ,Kamina ,Shirou Emiya ,Light Yagami, Shinji

@light_straight From 9th episode TTGL was watchable for me . Every episode before that was a painful experience with Kamina on screen.

Gintoki?! U mean Kintoki, lol. And of coz, fake zoro is a random peter griffin rip off
Mar 27, 2023 4:10 AM
Sep 2021
ryo-san said:
That toru amuro agent zero from detective Conan...too many lies too many roles and too little sleep .. he is a one incident away from developing an identity crisis..
Like it reminds me of a certain con-man turned serial killer from criminal minds a US tv show

Wow, u hate that overrated bastard?! I like you mate
Mar 27, 2023 4:19 AM
Sep 2021
Almost everyone from Fairy Tail, especially Gray, i want to beat the shit out of him everytime he starts stripping
Half of the MHA cast who's on the overrated list; Ugly Baku-shit, edgelord traitor Mido-shit-ya & Todoroki season 6
Haikyuu boys; they're just generic, fangirled boys
All the Tokyo revengers cast(I don't even know half of the cast☠️)
Mar 31, 2023 8:16 PM

Mar 2016
Ledouche from Code Gayass is the most overrated character of all time
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Mar 31, 2023 9:00 PM

Aug 2016
Naru from Barakamon. what an awful kid
:v
Jul 28, 2023 7:07 AM

May 2021
Kana Arima from Oshi no Ko. I really don't understand how can anyone love that another generic tsundere girl so much. Yes, she's cute and all. But her overreaction to everything is a bit too much to tolerate.
Jul 28, 2023 7:32 AM

Feb 2020
Maybe that manager from Zombieland Saga.
Jul 28, 2023 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Rem from Re:zero
Asuka from Evangelion
Ai Oshino from ONK
Power from CSM
Bakugo from BNHA
Jul 28, 2023 8:43 AM
Nov 2022
Rui Tachibana from domekano. idk why everyone loves her

Jul 28, 2023 9:09 AM
Feb 2022
Every character from Sailor Moon, every character from Revolutionary Karen Utena, every Character in any Miyazaki movie.
Jul 28, 2023 9:10 AM

Apr 2023
Okabe Rin and really anyone from Steins;Gate.
Jul 28, 2023 9:15 AM

Dec 2018
Ash Ketchum in the XY series.  He made me cringe with all of his "badass" moments.
Also Naruto, Sasuke, and Itachi.

Jul 28, 2023 9:17 AM
Feb 2022
Sokkkau said:
Weeaboo_Bomber said:
Every character from Sailor Moon, every character from Revolutionary Karen Utena, every Character in any Miyazaki movie.

Not edgy enough, you should add some battle shonen titles.
I didn't intend to be edgy. Other people just hate characters that are safe to hate.
Jul 28, 2023 10:52 AM

Jun 2023
I have a heavy distaste for death note for being a very drama based and predictable plot . Cause by Light complex to become 
Also because I prefer Lelouch he is just way cooler and smarter than a high school student that get a book. (he overrated) 
 Along with Luffy despite he may share the same personality type as me (ENFJ). He just an immature boy for his age and the entire crew are just to me his sidekicks (except Sanji he nice). 

Jul 28, 2023 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
I dunno if I already posted here, so...

Eren & Floch - so I don't want to go into spoiler territory...
Let's say I understand in Eren's character the core of the conflict and his fans portray him as some kind of super chad lol; I see a kid that is cornered and desperate throwing a fit against the world

Light - I think he's not that intelligent like the anime wants you to believe and he's such an edgy fuck.

Lucy - I don't believe her split personality, that Nyuuu~ part is there for the moe and fanservice. 
Also tooedgyforme.

Revy - I should like Revy, I think? A cool woman in an action anime. And no, I don't expect a pirate to be a saint, but she seems enjoy killing a bit too much for my liking. It's been a while, but I remember I didn't like her. 

Hachiman & the followed trend of edgy protagonists - "he's me, fr." Not.
In his defense, the anime portrays him his a lonely boy, who puts up a facade, but he's still annoying. I give it to him that he didn't know how to connect with others and therefore came up with his teenager pseudo philosophies

Ayanokouji - to be fair, not even he wants to be himself as far I have seen

Sasuke - why I stopped trying to catch up with Naruto after school lol
The obsession from Naruto and Sakura towards him were so annoying. I felt like watching one of those "but I can change him!" YA novels.
There are introverted characters who try to push others away and stuff, but they are often not psychopaths... Well, I think he is.

Yuno - cheap yandere, I dropped the anime because of her

Tomoko - that should have been a comedy anime, but it was so dreadful to watch how she barely developed and never became active to find friends over the course of 12 episodes

Shouko - NOW people will hate me for not liking a mute, bullied girl ^^' 
But same reason here, I think even after the time skip she was so passive and victimized through all of it and was there for MCs character development, not her own. 
I don't like movies about disabilities etc or minorities, where the character is portrayed as someone to pity on that much.
Josee for example did a much better job imo.

Tohru - Time to get even more hated lol
I don't like people pleasers, if it's that extreme. I get why she's that way, but the anime gives very mixed messages about "girl sometimes you have to put yourself first too" and portraying her as an idol and light in life for others.
I don't hate her or anything, but well... She's still cute.
removed-userJul 28, 2023 6:29 PM
Jul 28, 2023 7:17 PM
Mar 2022
Gojo Satoru from JJK - he is fun, yes. But other than that, he is so boring for me
Makima from Chainsaw Man - weak point from the series for me
Jul 28, 2023 7:52 PM

Nov 2022
DirtBound said:
Rin Toosaka, MAN is she a shitty character. Her best role in the entire Fate franchise (I have not seen the whole thing so please dont crucify me) was in Zero when she just appeared as a cameo and when she became a protag in Stay Night UBW she was insufferably. She made the show as a whole a generally worse experience than Zero. Every time Shirou would say anything that Toosaka agreed with she would automatically go on a tsundere shpeal about how ''its not like I like you or anything''. Lckily for my braincells Shirou was always on that Sigma grindset and ingored her. The only redeemable thing about her is her design which I find quiet cute
Someone else hates Rin besides me, +1

I hate many other characters, but so far I have not witnessed any mass love for any of them or simply did not watched the shows they are from.

You can see full list of waifus I trashed here https://mywaifulist.moe/user/119935
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jul 28, 2023 11:02 PM

Mar 2019
This bitch:

Taiga.

This other bitch:

Haruhi.

Jul 29, 2023 12:00 AM

Mar 2023
Berserker From Fate 3 Main Routes

Shirou From Fate 3 Main Routes (I Hate Him Because He Killed Saber in Heavens Feel Route)

Caster From FGO Frist Order

Rider From 3 Main Routes (She Help Shirou)

Rider From Fate Zero

Shikamaru from Naruto
Jul 29, 2023 12:11 AM

Nov 2018
Escanor is love
Escanor is Life

Every other character is there for s****
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

removed-user - Jun 2

41 by MadanielFL »»
4 minutes ago

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

97 by Lhundrup »»
11 minutes ago

» Which anime could be classified as "Technically isikai?"( Another place but same world)

Ratris_Decision - 28 minutes ago

2 by JoeChip »»
24 minutes ago

» Love at first sight XD ( 1 2 3 4 )

kirAth-shiAue - Mar 24, 2007

173 by SubstanceAnime »»
25 minutes ago

» What is the best anime cheering ever?

SgtBateMan - 6 hours ago

14 by Nanami0007 »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.