Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 24, 2023 8:19 AM
Apr 2023
the final episode was sooo heartwarming, remembering me when i was high school.. love it!!
Jun 24, 2023 2:01 PM
Jan 2022
Such a cute story about friendship and facing your fears,taking charge of your happiness. Having others help you along the way. Highly recommend.
Jun 24, 2023 10:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dang Mitsumi doing some godly anteater pose. But poor Shima's mom. Unable to watch the play because the envy girl really took the charge of the situation and nobody manage to stop her until finally Shima gave her some surprise motherfucker statement. I wish a good luck for Chris, he needs to do something more impactful than that to the envy girl to stop playing a victim in front of Shima.

Honestly this is the better ending. Sweet, simple, and keep the shining adorable sky on the spot, close the episode with a good feeling. Not a strong finale, not even giving some hope about the continuation. But at least its still wholesome overall and oh well, this is like your standard sol with too small chance for pa works to brings this another season.

All in all, time to read its manga, eh?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Oct 2008
it was a chill finale ep! nothing more nothing less.
4/5.

Jun 25, 2023 2:20 AM
Oct 2021
i like the last eps
Jun 25, 2023 2:24 AM

Nov 2012
FINALLY!  Souske is no longer let Ririka guilt trip him.  I like her even less after finding out it was all her own fault for following him when she wasn't even invited. Souske might be too kind for his own good.
Jun 25, 2023 11:28 AM
Oct 2012
It was really cuteeeee!!! Loved it.
Jun 25, 2023 11:59 AM
Aug 2022
Man!!! Really wonderful Wholesome anime,
enjoyed it a lot.
10/10 by me.
Ricky16Jun 25, 2023 5:47 PM
Jun 25, 2023 1:44 PM

Feb 2018
What a lovely anime!
Was satisfying that Shima was able to say what was on his mind, seemed to really cheer him up.
Now that the event is over, Mitsumi also looked really cheerful.
Hopefully with a season 2 we would be able to get even more wholesome moments!
Jun 25, 2023 3:27 PM
Jun 2022
Great anime, i loved this slice of life of this season!, all the characters are unique.
Jun 25, 2023 5:15 PM

Dec 2010
Really hoping for a second season
Jun 25, 2023 5:17 PM

Dec 2010
Antisocialsempai said:
Does anyone know if the show will get a season 02? I didn't finish it, I only have 2 episodes left! But I can't imagine this show ends only with 12 episodes.

It's only 12 episodes long, unfortunately. I wish they made at least 1 more episode...
Jun 26, 2023 9:59 AM

Mar 2022
this might be the best from this season 

Jun 26, 2023 1:25 PM

May 2020
If this doesn't get a 2nd season.... I'll be sad :(
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Jun 26, 2023 11:56 PM

Jul 2021
this was iyashieki in disguise. need more of this.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 27, 2023 2:58 AM
Aug 2022
this was an absolute sleeper hit, if not this is THE SLEEPER HIT of the season. the art style, the comedic scenes, the pacing, its all so well done that its just jaw dropping how well this turned out. they cooked real good with this gem
Jun 27, 2023 6:59 PM
Jul 2019
Nefarious said:
Antisocialsempai said:
Does anyone know if the show will get a season 02? I didn't finish it, I only have 2 episodes left! But I can't imagine this show ends only with 12 episodes.

It's only 12 episodes long, unfortunately. I wish they made at least 1 more episode...
ARE YOU SERIOUS? SO there is no season 02? :(
Jun 28, 2023 5:14 AM
Mar 2020
Shima has been carrying a needless burden and it's good that it looks like he's moving on from it.
Jun 28, 2023 7:47 AM

Jul 2015
Bit of a shame the mother went home after Ririka's comment but at least Shima is now able to move forward. Overall this truly felt like a hidden gem of this season, where it was nice following our country girl Mitsumi going to the city and befriending all these different people. Especially the chemistry between her and Shima was a big highlight of the series. I hope we'll get a s2 of this.

Jun 28, 2023 9:24 AM
Aug 2016
Anime that makes you warm and fussy in your tummy. I really Love this anime.
Jun 28, 2023 6:21 PM

Dec 2018
I agree that Ririka's contribution to the story was unnecessary. The show was best when it focused on Mitsumi.
still it was warm watch. I hope there's a second season, provided the later chapters of the manga are as strong as the early are.
Jun 29, 2023 5:27 AM

Dec 2010
Unkrowned said:
Bit of a shame the mother went home after Ririka's comment but at least Shima is now able to move forward. 
That's true, I hadn't even thought of that. At least this part was slightly anti-climactic...
Jun 29, 2023 4:11 PM

Jul 2022
good anime i liek it
8/10
Jun 30, 2023 11:07 AM
Jul 2022
Meu amado queridinho! Amei cada segundo, adorei os personagens principais e seus dilemas super realistas. Espero uma segunda temporada 🙏
Não saberei viver ser esse anime lindo! o mangá é muito bom também me faz reviver a adolescência de uma forma diferente, tendo outra percepção das coisas agora nos meus 20 e poucos anos... Recomendo e muito!
Jun 30, 2023 11:54 PM

Aug 2019
Great way to end the season, the festival ends, Sousuke comes to terms with himself and clears the air with Ririka which i'm sure gives him ease of mind, Mitsumi and the gang plan out their next sleepover before she continues with her work

Overall i enjoyed the show, really calm slice of life show that made me reminisce on starting secondary school. The plot was straightforward but the characters and their interactions with one another was really hooking. Each character felt like they had a certain amount of depth to their personality, and watching it unravel as the show went on was done really well.
One thing i liked about the show, was how it handled the fallout between the MCs. Felt really mature how both parties handled it and it didn't turn into a long drawn out thing that took episodes for both parties to conclude on, heck they both took something away after that moment.
I will say tho, wish all fallouts could turn out so well like that. I remember having some in my early years that definitely did not go as smoothly as that, heck i'd go as far as go in the complete opposite direction. Teen years where everyone thought they had the bigger ego and always thought they were in the right was rough.

All in all 8/10, really nice SOL show that has a pretty straightforward plot with some depth accompanied by really interesting characters that have their own unique issues and personalities that get touched on really well.
Jul 1, 2023 9:52 AM
Sep 2018
Super cute this anime :)
Jul 1, 2023 12:27 PM

Jul 2016
Solid finale though it was almost ruined by Ririka's sole existence. Years and years of emotional manipulation just for the girl to reveal that the incident wasn't actually Sousuke's fault. And the way she treated the poor mom... seriously, what a toxic bitch she is. Hope Chris, the chad, thinks twice if he really wanna seek something more than friendship with such mess of a person.
Anyways, leaving that aside, it was good to see Sousuke finally standing up for himself as well as him being able to put his conflicting thoughts into words. Last scene with him and Mitsumi was sweet and him giving her such a genuine smile was even sweeter. They are so shippable, I swear.

Overall, Skip to Loafer ended up being a pretty good show featuring down-to-earth character interactions, a great sense of storytelling regarding teenage life and a very mature way of dealing with drama and conflict.
That said, it wasn't always perfect and I do think the second half of the season started losing steam the moment Ririka was introduced. She has no redeemable qualities and I gotta say it really felt like she was thrown into the story just for the sake of having some cheap drama to make the plot a bit more "spicy". I mean, Sousuke's character could have been explored and received all his development through only his mother and little brother without Ririka existing and his resolution of "enjoying high school life" would still have been the same.
So yeah, kind of disappointing considering how nicely the show was doing in the drama department without having to opt for such bland narrative elements.

But well. Other than that, this show still was a wonderful experience and is probably among the best you could find in SoL/School genre. Mitsumi is simply adorable and does an excellent job as MC, the cast is filled with some really well-written characters and the overall wholesome vibe the show gives off leaves you feeling quite warm inside after each episode.

8/10 - Hoping for a sequel and for P.A. Works to finally stop wasting their potential in mediocre original projects. Manga adaptations is where their game is.
Jul 2, 2023 11:45 AM

Dec 2016
At last this came to an end. I'm really gonna miss this anime. It was so heartwarming.

The character development and their friendship makes you wish you had those in reality. Especially Mitsumi, she's the type of friend everybody would wish they had.

Shima with his little brother was so wholesome. I wish they showed more of their interaction.

I hope it gets a sequel soon.

8/10
Jul 2, 2023 5:36 PM

Mar 2022
Wow, everybody felt so relatable. How Ririka thought and behaved was such a girl thing to do. She cares about Sousuke, and wants him to hang around her, but with her personality and jealousy, it ended up being a quite selfish act that tormented Sousuke, though that way of thinking is quite common and relatable. I felt bad for the mother, she may have put too much pressure on Sousuke in the past, but Ririka had no rights to point fingers at her, since she had her fair share of selfish acts on him too. At the end of the day, everybody has to move on in order to not miss out on the present. Dwelling in the past will only lead to dragging each other down into shame regrets and depression. I'm happy that Sousuke is beginning to move forward thanks to Mitsumi.
Jul 3, 2023 4:54 AM
May 2023
Meh 😐 I need moar
Jul 3, 2023 9:09 AM
Jul 4, 2023 12:23 AM
Aug 2018
Season 2 needs to happen.
Jul 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Jan 2012
And so the festival goes off more or less without a hitch as Shima-kun casts off the shackles placed on him by Ririka as we end the series. Larger series thoughts in tags ahead due mostly to length...mostly.

Jul 6, 2023 10:35 AM

May 2017
Ahh... Skip to Loafer is such a feel-good anime (´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡

Shima and Mitsumi are both such pure kids, I love them.

Definitely watch this if you just want to feel warm and fuzzy inside ^^ I can't wait for a second season!!

"No matter how much you regret or wish, if you couldn't do something in life...

you can't do it either after death"

~ Hanako-kun (Toilet-bound Hanako-kun)

Jul 7, 2023 6:25 AM

Nov 2021
a very sweet end, i hope it gets 2nd season. 
Jul 8, 2023 10:57 AM

Jan 2022
I was putting off watching the last episode because I don't want this series to end. Tempted to read the manga. I'm glad Shima finally confronted Ririka and said it was time to move on. Thank god for a friend like Chris-kun who puts Ririka in her place lmaooo bro Shima-kun's smile was the cutest thing ever I'm :') I absolutely loved everything about this wholesome anime, shoot even my boyfriend enjoyed it and he normally refuses to watch anime. This one holds a special place in my heart. Everyone needs to be more like Mitsumi and maybe the world will become a better place. I hope we get a second season!!
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 9, 2023 7:31 AM
Apr 2023
I love the show. The OP and ED are so catchy and a good listen. I really liked Shima and Yuzu, honestly my favs. Mitsumi is also super cute! Loved her so much. Personally I didn’t get Ririka and her drama till the last ep but I might just be slow :/ Also super sad they didn’t get together in the end, they are so adorable together. But really had fun watching so it’s a 8/10 from me!
Jul 11, 2023 9:51 AM
Nov 2020
It was very good and refreshing, something new that i liked.
Jul 13, 2023 10:15 PM
Oct 2010
The anime hit the marks for me. The cast colorful. you can see the influence of the male lead.
Jul 16, 2023 9:13 PM

Mar 2012
I cried and kept crying while watching these last episodes of the school festival arc. I am tired haha ;; I did not expect Shima's mom to really go home just like that. The short scene of Shima brothers bonding time was cute though. I was scared of Ririka so it was nice to see a glimpse of her thoughts by the end. I mean Mitsumi really asserting her dominance anteater style (unknowingly) hahaha what was the thought process, so cute

Shima putting a name to his feelings and getting overwhelmed by it during the play :( Shima being able to convey his honest thoughts and take a step forward to enjoying his school life genuinely :DD!! That ending did not really feel like an ending (in a good way)
Jul 17, 2023 11:17 PM
Jul 2022
Couldn’t have chosen a better anime to get out of my watching-slump. The way we see the characters develop despite the show being 12 episodes is fascinating. I hope there’s a 2nd season with just as much of a heart-warming sensation.
Jul 20, 2023 11:15 PM

May 2015
this was such a mood lifter show, season 2 pls
Jul 21, 2023 2:47 PM

May 2008
Best anime opening of the season

oh, and a solid 8/10

Jul 22, 2023 12:15 AM
Jan 2021
love the character development!!
Jul 23, 2023 7:14 PM
Jun 2022
THİS AMAZİNG!!
Jul 24, 2023 7:18 AM
May 2023
Its Good I enjoy very cool super nice epic have a great day
Jul 28, 2023 3:53 AM
Mar 2012
Mitsumi the anteater lol that brave protecc was great.
Shima coming aware of his pov quite a revelation during that play.
Ririka a horrible tsun, hopefully they'll talk it out in the future, need season2!
love how each personality feels 3d & realistic. The social conflicts & eq is magnitudes higher than the usual school sol.
Jul 29, 2023 12:38 AM

Jun 2020
Wow nice finale, Shima is starting to fully enjoy and take in his school life and the festival ended. I wish he and Mitsumi got a better last scene together, their friendship was so wholesome.

Ririka was just there to add some drama, I wish that car scene wasn't included though. She is probably gonna come back eventually and it just felt extra to add in why she was mad anyways. 9/10

Jul 30, 2023 9:16 AM
Jul 2019
Love this anime so much! Youth, friendship, love, life... what a refreshing anime!
Aug 24, 2023 10:11 PM

Mar 2008
Nice to see Souske move on some in the end and see that Ririka wasn't entirely a bitch through and through mainly just putting up a front from insecurities. 
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

25 by Dip- »»
May 28, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

119 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

139 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2023

105 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

134 by PokefanPT »»
May 23, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.