Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 5 Discussion

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 1, 2023 8:05 PM

May 2019
Eh, it was a decent episode that was a little less cringe than the previous one. It seems that Yuuya is always having to save someone and all the girls continue to swoon over him. The action scenes were good at least and it looks like things are getting a little more interesting with a book that Yuuya found but I doubt he will be in any serious danger.
May 1, 2023 8:11 PM
Nov 2022
The cliché anime looks like it's going to add some mystery to the plot, let's see if that's enough to make it interesting.
May 1, 2023 9:58 PM
Mar 2021
He meet the Sage corpse! What inside the book 😏😏😏
May 1, 2023 10:07 PM

Mar 2013
Kaori is finally getting jealous... that's progress... lol

Innskip said:
The author continues to indulge in dreams. 

Better than someone who indulge in pleasure.
CrazyButNot4UMay 1, 2023 10:11 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 1, 2023 10:43 PM
Dec 2019
Great art, shitty animation, feels like watching a visual novel.
May 1, 2023 11:09 PM
Feb 2020
Let's just ignore that animals like Night can't actually understand human speech, that was a pretty boring episode of this show. Did we really need a full episode of training and pet shenanigans? We didn't actually get any tactics.
Yuuya completed his harem now, the girl at school was so obvious, I'm surprised neither of his friends said anything about it

Amusing, Night and his parents seemingly couldn't take out the beast, but after joining Yuuya,it fights stronger monsters without a scratch
BastionoMay 1, 2023 11:23 PM
May 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Feb 2019
Night's such a cutie, and strong to boot! I mean, he tackled the purse snatcher and yanked him back to where his master was lol
May 1, 2023 11:25 PM
May 2017
The first 3/4's of this episode was kinda cheeks ngl. I'm tired of the endless glazing over the mc, it gets old fast.

The last bit with him and night exploring the forest was a little and levelling up was a little better though.
May 2, 2023 12:09 AM
Aug 2022
the series isn't THAT bad but it's pretty mid so far. im still onboard but i dunno if I'll stick around
May 2, 2023 2:40 AM

Feb 2010
lmao they had Touyama Nao voice a puppy
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 2, 2023 2:43 AM

Apr 2022
This show is taking "mindless fun" to the next level with each new episode, and I'm all for it. It's perfectly brainless, but waaay to dark for my poor eyes, I hope they bump up the brightness a bit so I can see something more than some shapeless blobs of various greyness...
May 2, 2023 3:30 AM
Apr 2023
I hope episode 6 Yuuya and Kaori can date... and I hope the developers often make Yuuya and Kaori date scans... I really hope
May 2, 2023 4:42 AM
Sep 2021
Yuya got another family member named Night a fenrir and also he saves kaori once more.
May 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Apr 2015
This show is high cringe, and the background comments in the park make it so much worse. I might just continue watching to see how bad it can be.
May 2, 2023 7:14 AM
Apr 2022
think, yuuya think. do u really think it's a good idea to open the book of the sages without inspecting if it has some curse attached to it, u know, a dead body was holding it, who knows if he died from opening it? the dude's head is thick, but the plot armor is way thicker, thank god.
May 2, 2023 7:51 AM
Jul 2021
Average episode.
May 2, 2023 8:16 AM

May 2021
kaori so cute

some of you guys complained/get annoyed about how people fawn over him and talk about how hot he is like HE isnt supposed to be really really hot (model level and this is an anime). it's really generic rn tho ngl, peak garbage. i remember the manga being a bit more bearable. the cgi reminds me of kuro no shoukanshi. deer fight was sick and the eye shots were really good?! budget prolly went to those. 
May 2, 2023 8:17 AM
Oct 2022
howskie said:
This honestly feels like those day dreams we used to think about when we were in school, every time the MC just does something incredible and his every move is literally seen by others as something so elegant, it gets pretty tiring and just feels lazy, if only it's for the purpose of satire/parody like how The Eminence in Shadow does it I would let it pass, but this anime takes itself seriously that it's unbearably cringe.

Literally this is just like an random school kid day dreams
May 2, 2023 9:06 AM
May 2023
The frame rates is so bad, they basically focus on abdomens when the characters are talking saving the works of mouth movements and emotions. Still framing characters face with moving background. The fight sequences are basically non existent. This is so bad, from ep 1 to ep 5 the quality dropped from heaven to hell
May 2, 2023 9:31 AM
Jul 2022
well, Isekai and battle parts were good
May 2, 2023 9:53 AM
Aug 2020
the guy kills a reindeer and it drops a bathtub
????????????????????????????????????????????????
May 2, 2023 10:03 AM

Sep 2018
fucking what!?

Just when you think this show has reached "Peak Moronic" it pulls out a stellar parade of shit to remind you it can (and most certainly will) get way way worse.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 2, 2023 10:49 AM
Jun 2022
The animation is so bad it’s painful to watch
May 2, 2023 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
Last episodes were a pain to watch but I wanted to give it a last chance. Sadly, this anime is just pure garbage which is kinda sad since the animation isn't that bad. It has nothing to tell about other than "oh look how this hated nerd you could relate became so strong and a perfect human being".

Seriously, I don't understand how one could have fun watching this trash. It's pure boredom. 
May 2, 2023 11:25 AM

Jun 2016
we all know how badly this anime but why we still enjoying watch this crap !!
the princess and kaede is top tier waifu among them !!
May 2, 2023 12:12 PM
Mar 2023
smart pet, it's so awesome to be perfect... that aura it use's... so suspect... harem stuff it's becomin annoyin but ok =]
May 2, 2023 12:51 PM
Mar 2016
For the love of all that is holy, Millepensee, just fire Itagaki Shin already. Disregarding the terrible story, the art is actually pretty good, but it's kinda hard to see it when the director decides to obscure 80% of the screen with someone's back, or have the speaking characters cut out of frame so you can only see their torsos and mouth flaps, when they aren't obscured by someone else's back of the head, that is. This isn't an art style, this is bad direction. Same as in Kumo desu ga and Berserk, Itagaki just ruins every shot he's in charge of.
May 2, 2023 1:44 PM
Mar 2023
This cap is quite CGI, and the truth is that it amazes me that it hasn't been horrible as other anime have done in scenes of this style, I like that they have well-defined edges, that way it keeps the essence of traditional animation and it's even nice :)
May 2, 2023 2:40 PM
Jul 2022
well this will be spoiler but i don't care
next episode will be full isekai
i don't know but nevermind. just do whatever you want, your choice
May 2, 2023 2:48 PM
Jun 2022
They keep putting too much emphasis on the MC being good looking that it's starting to annoy me tbh, and sometimes the cgi is really bad too btw
May 2, 2023 3:41 PM
Jan 2022
Best episode so far… much more action and there is a dog! By no means is this anime any good though😂
May 2, 2023 4:58 PM
Nov 2018
Unfortunately the story only progresses by Yuuya being in the right place to save someone. MANY times.

It could have been easily fixed, too. Compare with superheroes like Spider-Man. He listens to the police radio and he goes web swinging to look for crime. That he saves people is no accident. Peter Parker doesn't just go about his daily life when villains attack where he happens to be. (Well, not always - with decades of stories, they have to use that one too.)

Yuya, instead:

--He's in the right place to save the girl who happens to be the principal's daughter. So he gets a big reward.

(Acceptable coincidence - if it was used sparsely.)

--The only time he leaves his forest home, he happens to find a princess being attacked. Then he gets the benefits from that, too.

(Suppose instead he was roaming the land looking for people, and followed some tracks, then saw smoke in the distance. He hurries and by a burned building he finds the princess threatened. Then he's actually done something to reach her. Or simply - in his forest home he hears, or has a magical way to detect, the battle nearby, and that's why he goes there.)

--He happens to be in the mall when they need a model. More benefits.

(Suppose instead they did a photo shoot at his school. Or a classmate brought him to the photo shoot.)

--Hoodlums serve themselves up, by trying to kidnap the girl on school grounds in broad daylight. And they did it ... just to get even. Leads to the benefit of the bully asking forgiveness.

(Suppose instead they tried to kidnap her when she was walking in the city in the evening, and Yuuya was with her. And they did it to get money from her father, a better motive.)

--He happens to come across a powerful dog that needs to be rescued.

(Acceptable, if there weren't so many other coincidences. But suppose instead that he was tracking the monster, or that he had already found the dog and kept coming back to feed it to make a friend, and then it was attacked. Instead of just "found new person/creature, just when the person/creature is attacked".)

--He happens to be in the park when a hoodlum robs a woman.

(Well, at least this time he didn't get a big reward. But it's a cheap "let's insert danger scene" writing.)
May 2, 2023 5:07 PM
Nov 2018
Heeeeeem said:
Heeeeeem
Kerhoroghene said:

What do you watch anime on? Like what is your main website?

aniworld.io (Charakter limit)
I don't want to break the rules by writing where I watch an animepisode.

I mean, anime episode.
May 2, 2023 5:22 PM

Jun 2019
This is so bad that it's good. LMAO. There are so many times I just cringe inside but I guess this is what how I like my trash. This might be trash, but this is my trash. LOL
May 2, 2023 7:46 PM
Dec 2022
Yuuya saving NIght from the King Orc was very kind. Since his grandpa was the only family member that cared about him, I'm glad he got another family.At the end where Yuuya possibly found the Sage's corpse, the same Sage that left him the house and weapons!! What secrets will be unfold??🤔
May 2, 2023 9:11 PM
Aug 2022
This anime gets worse with each episode, it gets more cringey, the art is good but the animation is sketchy, the mc gets more annoying, and it becomes closer to a trashy filler isekai the more you watch it.

This episode was a 6/10
May 2, 2023 10:29 PM

Mar 2008
Finally the fights at least are actually some level of a challenge though still they get beat relatively easily but still it's something.

All the girls are all so jealous all the time.

Didn't expect Miu to show up again that soon. I still like how Yuuya just is really uncomfortable with all the attention he gets but doesnt spazz out that a girl talked to him like you see in a lot of shounen he just acts like a relatively normal person that's insecure still.

Night in the bath was cute lol

I hope the cliffhanger is something actually engaging.

AkeZZZ said:
wooow... I just know that if you killed Xerneas you will get a huge bathtub as a reward. hahaha..... I mean the crystal deer and bathtub are completely unrelated to each other. But, Yuuya got the bathtub from killing that deer. 😂😂 What da F...

ichirolean said:
the guy kills a reindeer and it drops a bathtub
????????????????????????????????????????????????

The crystal deer had magic of fire and ice so hot ice is hot steamy water and hot water you can bathe in so it makes sense if you think about it just dont overthink it since it's a videogame based world.

dcsanchez3 said:
This cap is quite CGI, and the truth is that it amazes me that it hasn't been horrible as other anime have done in scenes of this style, I like that they have well-defined edges, that way it keeps the essence of traditional animation and it's even nice :)

I think they get around it by the colour choices and lighting. It makes it less jarring. Yuuya's face does look bad during some scenes though.
May 3, 2023 12:46 AM
Aug 2022
Finally we get a deeper look at actual combat scenarios in the other world, learning more about the systems in place on the other side. My only major gripe is when Yuuya and Kaori meet in the park and everyone keeps chiming in on how beautiful they are over and over again. It takes away from the charm of the moment they're sharing. Like what's more important here, the depth of their relationship development or how good they look? The author has an odd fetish for "pretty privilege" and it's so blatant in their writing that it's jarring to a degree. A shame too because bonding over a dog is a satisfyingly relatable circumstance and possibly the most grounded the anime has been thus far, ruined by an unnecessary focus on vanity.
May 3, 2023 12:58 AM

Jan 2021
emmmmmmmmmm.... ok?
This ep was ok but pretty empty
We got a companion but it's the Inui's dog so he can understand and speak with people freely so nvm, and the dog is level 500?
well this ep was weird
The others were weird and sometimes like a wet dream from a 13 teenager but this one felt like a totally strange new cringe level
FanthyLordMay 3, 2023 1:02 AM

May 3, 2023 3:35 AM

Feb 2018
That pup is super smart, as expected of a Fenrir lol, this time its not the usual white fur either.

Looks like I should start expecting CGI to be the norm lol, can't be helped ig.

Hmm that masked girl at the end, my intuition is saying that she will join Yuuya's harem later lmao.

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 3, 2023 4:04 AM
Sep 2020
Why is it so cringe

My god this is pathetic
May 3, 2023 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
Cant complain. It started wild, there was part way through and it was heads and texts, immersing myself in a visual novel. Then boom. Back to training. Freestlying combat with his super wolf to max out his combat skills. Plus he can take it into the real world and have ti drag people about. Whats not to love about this :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 5, 2023 3:23 AM
May 2023
Fantasylord2205 said:
emmmmmmmmmm.... ok?
This ep was ok but pretty empty
We got a companion but it's the Inui's dog so he can understand and speak with people freely so nvm, and the dog is level 500?
well this ep was weird
The others were weird and sometimes like a wet dream from a 13 teenager but this one felt like a totally strange new cringe level
every 5 minutes girls going "kyaaaaaaa he's so cool and cute"
May 5, 2023 1:14 PM
Jul 2021
BetaMaleUltra said:
This is so dumb, it's going nowhere, there's no point in watching this

But I'll still be back next week to see the next episode

Getting a bath as a loot drop is pretty dope tho ngl

Lmao right? But one thing I'm curious about, is that girl with the mask, the girl in his school with the blue hair he sat next to? Like we KNOW 99% of the time characters where a mask it's because they have to hide who it is(looking at you Misfit S2)
May 5, 2023 11:24 PM
Mar 2015
These camera angles are garbage. Wanna see who’s talking? Too bad it’s their back. Wanna see character interaction? Too bad we’re zooming in on one of the identical girls for her reaction instead.
May 5, 2023 11:39 PM
Dec 2021
Does the dog (er, wolf) look like a cat to anyone else..?
The animation on the deer was way too good for this dumb show too lol.
May 6, 2023 3:22 AM

Dec 2019
I think that voice is more suitable for her former form. with a face like now using a voice like that makes me you know, like mmmmmm. I feel embarrassed watching this. maybe it would be good if he was still fat until now. I'm done with this. 5/5
May 6, 2023 4:21 AM

Jan 2021
The animation impressed me ngl.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 6, 2023 3:56 PM
Feb 2023
90% of frames are static. Nice work!
May 6, 2023 6:15 PM

Jul 2015
That's fucking it! I promised myself that if they'll put crowd of bimbos whispering to eachother how Kirito Clone is so damn handsome one more time, then I'll drop this shit.
Bye!

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

69 by 51m »»
Yesterday, 4:04 PM

» It's so good

Zezul - Apr 24, 2023

10 by lawleagle »»
Jun 16, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

74 by kund4tb »»
Jun 3, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2023

192 by kund4tb »»
Jun 2, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

232 by lionaster »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.