Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 1, 2023 1:42 AM

Sep 2020
Cool that he can use their powerful fan, and Mitsuri is coming! Quite curious about her sword skills compared to other hashiras.
May 1, 2023 1:52 AM
Nov 2016
MugiwaraJopa said:
At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if after episodes like this people still rate the season a 10/10 after we possibly get some unlimited budget animation fight scene later… happened with previous seasons too

I wasn't impressed with the fight scenes on this episode but if they do an awesome job in the upcoming episodes with the fight scenes then I will most likely end up giving this season a 9/10 just as I did with S2.

I get easily annoyed with the shit comedy from Demon Slayer but I get easily impressed with the awesome fight scenes as well. Sadly, this episode didn't have what I'm looking for, we are almost halfway through the season so this anime has plenty of episodes left to impress me with awesome stuff.

I just hope they stop doing that fucking comedy from here on.
May 1, 2023 3:38 AM

Jul 2016
ineser said:
Hmm expecting Upper 4 Demon to be powerful....

He seems quite powerful. 

Not really challenged yet. 
May 1, 2023 4:00 AM
Jun 2021
Tokiko finding something in Tanjiro's words is beautiful. Shit's going crazy in the village and the place where the main characters are fighting and is Genya some sorta mage?
May 1, 2023 4:55 AM
Oct 2019
The battle continues.

How Genya survived all those lethal blow?
May 1, 2023 5:06 AM

Jan 2020
another great episode cant wait to see mitsuri in action next episode
:)
May 1, 2023 5:10 AM

Oct 2017
xZabuzax said:
Ventus_S said:
Tbh the buildup of Upper 4 and 5 feel rather lazy..
They just.. showup...  No buildup or anything, no suspense.

Compare to Upper 6, they not only feel weaker in general (no aid of Hashira and they able to last this long), Tanjirou doesn't even use any breathing technique, just swinging the sword is enough to fight one of them off which kinda show that this thing is kinda weak.  
They also talk way too much, waiting for counter attack and keep getting blown off head.. 
The has a very childish/cartoon-ish fighting choreography. 
And those inner self talking of Tanjirou, it never stop.

Upper 6 male part can straight up kill any of none Hashira in one blow, and it has poison on top of its blade...
Upper 4 straight up feel like those old battles of Tanjirou fighting some random demons ...

Also kinda tired that we now know most of the upper moons dont have this neck weakness (yawn)

I agree with what you said, but IMHO, what makes that demon dangerous is the "gimmicky" part of it, just imagine having to fight all 4 of them at the same time, that would be a pain in the ass, one of them alone may not be that strong which is the reason Tanjiro is able to fight the flying demon without using Breathing techniques but fighting all 4 of them at the same time is another story. It's the gimmicks that make him dangerous.

Let's not forget that Tanjiro is stronger now as well, he got more experience now, I did find it stupid how the doll was beating him though, I never liked this part in the manga and I sure as hell didn't like it in the anime either.
I mean Daki is significantly weaker than his brother yet it still requires Tanjirou to use Fire Breathing/ almost killing himself to even have a chance, and it takes 3 of them to actually cut her head off.
Yet Tengen can instantly cut Daki's head off, and Tengen is considered one of the weakest Hashira.

So my point is one copy of 4th Upper moon is significantly weaker than Daki alone, meaning a Hashira can instantly cut off one copy's head.
So even with 4 scrubs, I dont think it'd really cause Hashira that much trouble since they can one shot one copy in an instant. 
I mean, look at how many times their head get blown up already...
May 1, 2023 5:29 AM

Jul 2015
Ventus_S said:
Tbh the buildup of Upper 4 and 5 feel rather lazy..
They just.. showup...  No buildup or anything, no suspense.

Compare to Upper 6, they not only feel weaker in general (no aid of Hashira and they able to last this long), Tanjirou doesn't even use any breathing technique, just swinging the sword is enough to fight one of them off which kinda show that this thing is kinda weak.  
They also talk way too much, waiting for counter attack and keep getting blown off head.. 
The has a very childish/cartoon-ish fighting choreography. 
And those inner self talking of Tanjirou, it never stop.

Upper 6 male part can straight up kill any of none Hashira in one blow, and it has poison on top of its blade...
Upper 4 straight up feel like those old battles of Tanjirou fighting some random demons ...

Also kinda tired that we now know most of the upper moons dont have this neck weakness (yawn)

According to Muzan, Gyutaro could easily climb the ranks, if it wasn't for Daki, who was holding him back. If he wouldn't have to babysit her, he would wipe the floor with Tanjiro and others and it wouldn't be close.
Meanwhile, Hatengu clones by themselves are not that powerful, but Hatengu himself is not yet at full power.

davidyodo24 said:
The battle continues.

You are asking for a spoiler.
Which was forshadowed.

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
KayKimiiMay 8, 2023 9:44 AM

May 1, 2023 5:42 AM
Nov 2016
Ventus_S said:
xZabuzax said:

I agree with what you said, but IMHO, what makes that demon dangerous is the "gimmicky" part of it, just imagine having to fight all 4 of them at the same time, that would be a pain in the ass, one of them alone may not be that strong which is the reason Tanjiro is able to fight the flying demon without using Breathing techniques but fighting all 4 of them at the same time is another story. It's the gimmicks that make him dangerous.

Let's not forget that Tanjiro is stronger now as well, he got more experience now, I did find it stupid how the doll was beating him though, I never liked this part in the manga and I sure as hell didn't like it in the anime either.
I mean Daki is significantly weaker than his brother yet it still requires Tanjirou to use Fire Breathing/ almost killing himself to even have a chance, and it takes 3 of them to actually cut her head off.
Yet Tengen can instantly cut Daki's head off, and Tengen is considered one of the weakest Hashira.

So my point is one copy of 4th Upper moon is significantly weaker than Daki alone, meaning a Hashira can instantly cut off one copy's head.
So even with 4 scrubs, I dont think it'd really cause Hashira that much trouble since they can one shot one copy in an instant. 
I mean, look at how many times their head get blown up already...

That's true but remember that what makes him dangerous is the gimmicky part of it, a Hashira can cut their heads off thousands of times and it probably wouldn't work, they need to figure out his gimmick to be able to win this fight and this requires teamwork.

2 Hashiras will most likely do it but 1 Hashira might struggle with it. There is a pretty strong Hashira that can solo him IMHO, I won't say who it is to not spoil it.
May 1, 2023 6:12 AM

Feb 2010
bad episode.

the muvluv cgi + 3d arrived. 
May 1, 2023 6:26 AM
Oct 2019
Piromysl said:
davidyodo24 said:
The battle continues.

You are asking for a spoiler.
Which was forshadowed.

I'm not looking the answer here btw
if you haven't realized it.

it just an Rhetorical question.
May 1, 2023 6:36 AM

Jun 2022
Wow, looks like we found Hantengu’s weakness. I’m glad Mitsuri is coming back, I thought she was gone for good after just the first episode.
May 1, 2023 6:41 AM

Feb 2014
Once again, as I said in my post from last week's episode, the CGI for the goldfish monster was good and it had a better showcase of it at Tokito proceeded to hack it down twice to kill it off. Once again, while it's nice to see others here praise the CGI, it's sad to see others instantly dismiss it as garbage. To each their own, but still, there's too much CGI-phobia once more. =/

The fight against the multiple emotion forms of Hatengu was enjoyable. Genya's refusal to lay down after taking so many lethal hits was admirable and Tanjiro's quick thinking during his battle against the "Joy" emotion of Hatengu got him back to the building with Genya and Nezuko, but despite his re-appearance, it doesn't look good for him, Nezuko or Genya. It's a good thing that Mitsuri is on her way to help out, still with that near permanent smile on her face. =)

Overall, I did enjoy this episode. Just like with the previous arc, the early episodes have less moments of top-tier animated moments before later episodes ramped up those moments more and more. I wouldn't be surprised if this arc does the same. As for now, the quality is fine as it is.
May 1, 2023 6:45 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
the CGI demon fish actually made them creepier.

Hantengu is so strong than even 1/4 of his total power manages to give Tanjiro and Nezuko so much difficulty, I think just one of the 4 hantengu is as strong as higher ranked lower moon, just my opinion.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 1, 2023 6:58 AM
Nov 2021
I think it's better to read this arc....it feels like hella slow paced in the anime.....
May 1, 2023 7:00 AM
May 2022
Demon Slayer is less and less enjoyable with every episode. There are criminal amounts of clumsy monologuing and bad use of comedy, the constant fighting is getting annoyingly repetitive and all the character interactions feel rushed, forced and unnatural. Tanjiro's plot armor is thicker than porridge but Nezuko (who the demons can't kill) gets repeatedly stabbed, tortured and chopped into pieces.
The CGI in this episode looked really out of place.
May 1, 2023 7:13 AM

Feb 2018
Upper 4 is proving to be quite a problem for them...
Getting to know a little more about Muichirou.
Seems like we're going to get to see some action from Mitsuri.
May 1, 2023 7:34 AM
Jun 2022
This one's quite odd. It felt very slow paced, which wasn't how it felt for any of the previous episodes. I think it's the gaps between dialogue. I guess their goal was to hype up Mitsuri's entrance in the battle, but watching this felt like watching a One Piece episode lol. the animation felt different as well during Urogi's fight with Tanjirou.

Knowing how the rest of the series goes I'm hoping future episodes won't be as slow paced as this one, but I'll most likely enjoy either way.
May 1, 2023 7:37 AM
Jun 2015
Upper Rank 4 is giving everybody a hard time. It was impressive seeing them all fight back especially our girl Nezuko, but they still got knocked at the end.

Got the other Hashira coming to the scene next up!
May 1, 2023 7:53 AM
Dec 2022
Episode is too small, make it an hour or sum T.T
May 1, 2023 8:47 AM

Mar 2018
Weird episode. The title for this episode doesn't fit. The episode is cut and directed weird, randomly jumping from one scene to the next. I didn't feel excited/scared for a fight/character. The upper four felt quite weaker than the Upper Six, getting easily manhandled by Tanjiro. The good guys got some heavy plot armor.

The background music felt misplaced and generally not in sync with what's happening on screen. The fight choreography felt a bit flat as well, along with the animation feeling a bit rough at times. Oh, and don't forget the bad CG. This is the weakest arc so far, the best still being the Rui arc.
May 1, 2023 9:07 AM

Oct 2022
Still waiting for best animated episode of the season to arrive.

Although, This episode was meh 
May 1, 2023 9:47 AM
Aug 2014
Demon Slayer at its very best, what an amazing episode. I cannot wait for next week!
May 1, 2023 10:22 AM
Sep 2020
I read that people complain about CGI... PLEASE what are these people talking about?? The animation has never been better... it's even more fluid (so to speak)! I don't know if it's the haters or if people expect too much from the animators, in my opinion, it's best to let them do what they think because they haven't given up so far.

May 1, 2023 11:19 AM

Dec 2020
The title is stupid. It references a minor scene that happens a minute or two into the episode and is never brought up again.

Also, Tanjiro...I get it. You want to return to where Nezuko and Genya were. No need to repeat it again and again.
May 1, 2023 11:51 AM
Sep 2021
Man... Its really frustrating having to wait 7 days to watch a 20-30 min episode and afterwards wait 7 more days. But I'm in no right to complian this time, it was amazing. The comeback, ganya's mumblng and amazing recovery skills, Hantengu's leaf fan... absolutely agnificent.
May 1, 2023 12:24 PM

May 2021
Not the strongest but their gimmick probably makes them very hard to kill. Understandable how they got this position.

May 1, 2023 12:34 PM
Dec 2020
Very breathtaking, the cgi kinda sus but it didn't bother me'
May 1, 2023 1:29 PM
Feb 2021
no need for her tities to be out like that...
May 1, 2023 1:52 PM
Oct 2021
damn loved that upper rank demon that can spilt in half. very cool
May 1, 2023 2:47 PM
Jul 2016
Okay, we seem to be getting there. I'm curious about the pacing of this season looking forward, and honestly hoping they'd squeeze just a little bit more into each ep. It's not a complaint tho, just an observation on how this ep felt super short eventhough it was just the regular ep length. Animation looking gorgeous as always.
May 1, 2023 3:00 PM

Feb 2020
I'm a little disappointed because the concept and powers of this demon is soo up my alley but a lot of the scenes felt weirdly paced. I'm still excited for more demon slayer, especially with a cool demon like this one but I hope the scenes feel better paced in the next episode. C-:
May 1, 2023 3:22 PM

Dec 2016
OMG Tangiro is lame af

So, when are they going to start fighting like real Demon Slayers? 4 episodes in, one equivalent of 3, totaling 6 eps, and nothing of good demon slayer yet. Really bad anime quality, they're doing it just for money or what? 

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
KayKimiiMay 8, 2023 9:45 AM
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
May 1, 2023 3:44 PM
Aug 2022
claireadams said:
I’ve been slightly disappointed with this season so far. I obviously don’t expect big fights and crazy stuff to happen right off the bat, but I’m glad things are starting to pick up (not a manga reader btw). But the one thing that’s really making me dislike this season is the 3D/CGI effects. That fish head regrowing at the beginning of the episode was HORRIBLE. Especially with the style this show is animated in, it stands out a lot, and not in a good way. Maybe they had CGI in previous seasons, but it wasn’t something I really noticed/it didn’t stand out to me. But this season… god it’s rough

The cgi is not horrible but cgi will usually look weird on anime but the fish cgi is really good and i rather having that because in the next episodes there's gonna be some SERIOUS shit that i hope they used most of their budget on so you shouldn't complain
May 1, 2023 5:15 PM
Mar 2019
Time for Mitsuri to shine.
May 1, 2023 5:22 PM
Jul 2017
no sense for the vase being the power instead of the head for the fish. literally 0 explanation and it goes against ALL head canon for demons (no pun)

the fights were bland and garbage. the good animation is what keeps me interested, but this was hot trash

the fight with the eagle guy made no sense. How was he so light? because his wings were small? That makes some sense. But why/how did protag-kun push him so far into the castle lmao. do physics not work in the anime?

grabbing the talon and expecting it to be impervious to electricity makes no sense, but lets wax off the protag for thinking on his feet in battle

the wind guy just happens to return when the electric guy is about to lose. and he fus ro da's them unconscious

this anime is peak throw random ideas at a wall and bring them up

i still don't understand if these two upper demons confirmed it was the village, why not bring Muzan and all top 3 to wreck the village into oblivion.

AND HOW DID THE DEMON FIND OUT ABOUT THIS SUPA SECRET VILLAGE
May 1, 2023 5:44 PM
Nov 2016
silent_lurker said:
no sense for the vase being the power instead of the head for the fish. literally 0 explanation and it goes against ALL head canon for demons (no pun)

the fights were bland and garbage. the good animation is what keeps me interested, but this was hot trash

i still don't understand if these two upper demons confirmed it was the village, why not bring Muzan and all top 3 to wreck the village into oblivion.

AND HOW DID THE DEMON FIND OUT ABOUT THIS SUPA SECRET VILLAGE

1 - Those fishes are not your regular demons, they are summoned by the upper moons with blood arts so it makes sense if their weak points are not their heads but the vase instead.

2 - I kinda agree, I wasn't impressed with the fight in this episode, it was lacking compared to the previous fights. That being said, I won't call it bland or garbage, I will call it uninspiring instead.

3 - If that happens then Demon Slayer will end in that same episode and we don't want that, wouldn't we?

4 - Yeah I found this dumb too, they couldn't find that village for more than a century and suddenly, they are able to find it now, this was silly. I guess we can say that the death of the Upper Moon (Gyutaro & Daki) was a wake-up call for them and they started to take this more seriously and made more effort into finding the village. It was silly, but this can be an excuse I guess.
May 1, 2023 8:38 PM
Dec 2019
Well Tanjiro, Nezuko and Genya lost but Im sure Mitsuri or Tokitou will help.
May 1, 2023 8:40 PM
Aug 2014
Action is as good as always.
May 1, 2023 9:20 PM
May 2023
The fights were so bad that there's already an article on it. What are these Tanjiro scenes even. Just making half-hearted dodges and swinging his sword? Extreme speed of the eagle demon? At least animate it so it looks fast. The entire combat looks so damn lazy. This has to be the worst episode in the anime so far and I'm not hopeful it be getting better, s3 has been pretty lackluster.
May 1, 2023 10:35 PM
Nov 2022
Absolutely fantastic episode!!!! My favorite so far i would say
May 1, 2023 11:15 PM

Dec 2020
the animation of this arc is lacking compared to previous seasons so far.
7.6/10 for now, let's see what would happen in the future
We all have shit taste, especially in animes
No one's right, no one's wrong

May 1, 2023 11:30 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The upper moon 4 with the staff keeps complaining that he's surrounded by idiots but he kinda got rekt as well

Should've wait to binge watch season 2, and this season is basically screaming as loud as any of these 'comic-relief' characters for me to do the same.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 2, 2023 2:57 AM
Sep 2021
The upper moons are starting to dominate the battle despite the efforts of Tanjiro, Nezuko& Genya, but the hashira's are getting to the area of the fight and the fight will become more fierce from now on.
May 2, 2023 6:24 AM

Sep 2022
i'm genya shinag- no wtf you're bakugo, jesus i can't even get that shit out of my head.

as for the detail i've seen that many people we're disappoint of tanjiro's expression because it wasn't same in the manga, but man first time?
May 2, 2023 6:32 AM
Aug 2021
this episode has got horrible pace
May 2, 2023 7:08 AM

Oct 2008
The fights were so intense!!! 
Tanjirou and Nezuko were really struggling fighting this upper rank demon! hopefully Mitsuri would arrive in the nick of time so that we could see how strong this female hashira is!
5/5.

May 2, 2023 7:26 AM
Oct 2021
just seems kinda strange to me.. or mby even bad. Cuz this is an upper moon and much stronger than Gyutaro was. 3/4 of his strength (u know just that 3 demons) are fighting w one little girl and Genya (who has unlimited ammo anyway) and they are actually loosing, or kind of loosing. It doesn't make sense to me. Tanjiro got scratched by big claws several times and lots of blood came out. I guess next episodes he'll be absolutely ok and unharmed. I think this just can't be good when I know (I guess) they will be fighting next episodes and then tanjiro will use his plot shield and finish all demons :DD

overall: mid anime w great animation and bad humor, characters, plot... 5/10
May 2, 2023 7:27 AM
Mar 2022
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MUICHIROOO!!!!
May 2, 2023 9:05 AM
May 2023
Amazing fight but the fight of nezuko was better then the others. But genya uses American breathing lol
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

709 by BoiledSugar »»
May 22, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

454 by jasiy100 »»
May 21, 7:46 AM

» Movie entry gone from DB

JVskunkape - May 12

17 by DigiCat »»
May 20, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 16, 2023

262 by almasri002 »»
May 19, 10:19 PM

» Which episodes to skip? ( 1 2 )

sakuraspace - Apr 5

52 by bassyey »»
May 13, 1:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.