Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2023 12:19 AM
Feb 2022
i can see the development of main character, the graphic looks so miracle, in general I love it
Mar 31, 2023 6:47 AM
Jan 2018
Incredible! Shinkai's most ambitious movie to date. Movie did a great job exploring the themes of accepting loss and moving forward, as well as the tragedy behind the 3 11 earthquake and the sacrifices made behind love. Little bits of comedy thrown in here and there did not feel forced. It's really hard to juggle these elements well in a movie, but overall the plot flows pretty damn well, though it felt pretty rushed at the end. I wished more time was spent exploring the latter half of the movie.

The romance is not the highlight but the movie could stand on its own without it. I liked that the ost functions more as an ambient background behind the scenes rather than in sudden abrupt "montages" like in your name and weathering with you.

All in all, this movie tops weathering with you without a doubt, but does not have as strong as an emotional appeal as your name did. However, for people who have experienced the 3 11 earthquake and suffered through a similar tragedy as suzume did, this movie can really pull your heartstrings. It really did even with mine.

Tldr
Story: 9/10 vs 5/10 (weathering with you) vs 10/10 (your name)
Art: 10/10 vs 9/10 (weathering with you) vs 9/10 (your name)
Music: 10/10 vs 8/10 (weathering with you) vs 10/10 (your name)
Characters: 10/10 vs 6/10 (weathering with you) vs 10/10 (your name)

Overall:
Suzume:9.75/10
Your name:9.75/10
Weathering with you: 7/10

sfj4uMar 31, 2023 6:57 AM
Apr 2, 2023 1:45 AM
Jul 2020
makoto shinkai GOAT
Apr 2, 2023 5:05 AM
Sep 2021
Release on website (Camrip China Subtitle) 
Apr 8, 2023 9:59 PM

Mar 2019
Best shinkai movie to date for me, at least among those i watched (5cm, nawa, weathering, and this).

Kinda dont like weathering that much, but this suzume just hit it out the park for me, even more than na wa (to tbf i kinda feel nawa is overrated so yea).

Excited for next movie. Def would watch suzume again after BD comes out.
Apr 8, 2023 10:12 PM

Mar 2019
Tho i feel story is kinda questionable in some parts. Generally still good i guess. Not sure what daijin real motivation at first. Maybe just want to be free from being statue? (Maybe alsomgot tricked into being statue before like the mc guy). Then at the end he (?) realized he wanted suzume to be happy so he went back to being statue in exchnage of freeing the main guy? Maybe. Can just speculate but bit unclear when i watch it.

I also missed on whats the dark cat is? The other "statue" gate guardian i assume? Its good and satisfying movie as a whole. Just lack some backstory of few characters or past generation of door guardians (tho maybe thats asking too much from 2 hours movie).
invertbridApr 8, 2023 10:19 PM
Apr 11, 2023 3:59 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This was great! As expected, beautiful animation and music plus good characters. I always love a strong female protagonist like Suzume!

Sometimes it felt bit repetitive and drawn-out, and a few of the plot points were a bit confusing.. But overall it was great! 8/10 for me :)
Apr 11, 2023 5:58 PM

May 2014
Well, this was a disappointing one for
me. The visuals, soundtrack and animation were beautiful of course, but the story and characters were extremely lackluster. It was unnecessarily dramatic, even for an anime and I REALLY did not need a mascot gimmick in a Makoto Shinkai film. It's also hard to develop any kind of investment for a literal chair. The romance and humour also did not work for me. His worst movie, imo. Can't fathom the high rating on MAL. It's still a 6.5 for the technical reasons mentioned above, but this sure was disappointing.
Apr 12, 2023 3:43 PM
Nov 2021
Daijin at the end almost got me crying...
Apr 13, 2023 1:58 AM

Jun 2013
just got home from the cinemas, literally watched this the night before my first day at work omg my heart is so full. I'm bad at reviewing shows but all I can say is that it's 100% worth the watch. not really that emotional if I would say but that young and teenager Suzume scene tho ;( Souta kinda gives off Howl vibes or is it just because of his long hair? hahahaha
Apr 13, 2023 2:11 AM
Apr 2023
well made, bring tissues for tears
Apr 13, 2023 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
Way too much (badly integrated) CGI effects, very basic character drawings from mid distance planted in highly detailed environments (and some ugly CGI ones) in an even more 'anime-ish' Shinkai.
A basic (but at times fun) teen fantasy adventure between thin characters, that keep going frenetically without ever giving real importance to its events, and raising barely any theme in a meaningful way, even what seems like the main one (jap.people's resilience post-disasters/the tsunami+nuclear incident).

The only moment where the animation became more than serviceable (dare I say stunning), the characters more than event players and the movie something more than a series of accidents was a rather sweet bed discussion between the heroine and one of her numerous allies in her odyssey.

Like a TV show recap., with the bonus of an old songs jukebox (thanks for this replacement to RADIMPS).

Score: 5,5~6?/10
Enjoyment: 3/5
I've never yawned so much at a film (the last 30-40mn were an uninterrupted streak in spite of my best efforts).

PS: also commits the scene of directly mentioning a way better film.

Rei_IIIApr 13, 2023 8:25 AM
Apr 13, 2023 10:05 AM

Dec 2018
Absolutely loved seeing this in theatres 🥰

The score and animation was brilliant! Suzume was also super adorable ^.^

It wasn’t as good as Weathering with You or Your Name, but still an absolute gem of a film.
Apr 13, 2023 12:02 PM
Oct 2017
I just got home from the cinema and I'm still in awe. I think this is my favorite Shinkai Makoto movie now. And I'm gonna rewatch it probably on Sunday.
(Lucky coincidence: exactly in a month from today I'll go to Japan again after 4 long years and will actually spend quite a lot of time in Kyuushuu and travelling across the country so it was an amazing prelude for my trip.)
Apr 13, 2023 1:08 PM

May 2018
Well, this film makes no sense, zero, there's nothing that stands out, it's full of mythological and supernatural bullshit with terrible exposition, there's not a single event, theme, concept, idea that is actually meaningful and even the characterization is completely disappointing, I couldn't care less about any of those characters. There's nothing here, honestly, I guess even the visuals weren't as good as previous works, CGI was also easily noticeable. Overall 2/10, worst Shinkai movie I'd say, he lost his touch (not sure if he ever had any tho, except for The Garden of Words and maybe Your Name). I have the feeling the movie tried to be ambitious, but sometimes a simple story is just better ig. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 13, 2023 3:39 PM
Aug 2021
just seen it in theaters and loved every minute of it. great movie. awesome music. emotional scenes and the animation was absolutely amazing
Apr 13, 2023 4:06 PM
May 2019
Just finished the movie, it was really really good.
Apr 13, 2023 6:31 PM
Jan 2021
The soundtrack is great and the animation is spectacular. But the movie lacks substance. Very generic story, but still enjoyable. A decent 7/10. Expected more from Makoto Shinaki.
Apr 13, 2023 6:35 PM

Feb 2019
I’m genuinely wondering at what point will we reach the limit of how beautiful anime can get? I thought tenki no Ko was that limit and yet shinkai continues to innovate and push the boundaries of this magical medium. Absolutely blown away from the very first scene to the last.

I’d rank this film enjoyment wise just below Garden of words. I think it was definitely a writing improvement over tenki no ko. I like how we wasted no time getting into action unlike the previous two films. Nonstop fun for me in this one. I loved the auntie and souta’s friend. I was kinda hoping we’d see them get together but this was a normal ambiguous style of shinkai ending.

I couldn’t really take the suzume souta ship seriously because they literally were together all of what 72 hours and she’s like head over heels in love with him? I get she’s a lonely high schooler but cmon lol. Daijin actually being a good guy was a nice little twist and I enjoyed his playful nature.

I think the OST was weaker that the last two in this one. Suzume is a great song but it didn’t even play till the end unlike nandemoniya and ai ni dekiru.

Will compile more thoughts in a longer review but suffice to say I’m really happy with this one and I can’t wait for the collectors edition bd to rewatch!
Marinate1016Apr 13, 2023 7:32 PM
Apr 13, 2023 7:03 PM

Feb 2016
This is my first ever Shinkai movie I've seen I gotta say the visuals were aesthetically pleasing. Probably one of the best visuals out there but the story felt too simplistic and its still enjoyable enough. Overall 6/10 and I feel that I should take an interest in Shinkai's other works. 
ArtifiyingsApr 13, 2023 8:10 PM
Apr 13, 2023 7:17 PM

Jan 2020
Watched it in theatres, and had fairly strong production as expected; very beautiful film. Though Suzume still follows the same formula and is essentially just an hybrid between the last two movies. I would say that it’s stronger than Weathering with You, but still weaker than Your Name. However, the romance felt even more forced this time imo.

Although at my theatre at least it was kinda grainy however, guessing maybe an issue with the master they got or projector?
Apr 13, 2023 7:53 PM
Aug 2018
Problematic age gap and the writing was pretty weak. It made it difficult to care for much that was going on.
Apr 13, 2023 7:56 PM
Mar 2023
Not sure if this can be discussed here, but I’m genuinely curious, I just saw this anime in sub today and the only thing I can’t wrap my head around is the first cat. My assumption throughout mid to end of the movie was that the cat was her mom, which is why it was concerned about suzume not loving her, does anyone else feel this way? Everything I saw just screamed hey this cat is her mom, just in cat form
Apr 13, 2023 8:21 PM
Jul 2022
Lindo, eu assisti tentando comparar com kimi no wa assim como fiz com wheatering with you, que não gostei, para ver se seria um filme realmente original ou teria resquícios de uma fórmula e repetição. Não encontrei, me senti imersa. A personagem é incrível e decidida. Eu nunca achei que um enredo com uma cadeira como personagem principal fosse ser algo interessante, quando vi o trailer eu julguei muito pois podia ser muito bom ou muito ruim. Graças à Shinkai Makoto , dessa vez foi muito bom. Ele está realmente deixando o seu nome na história. Digo que é o Miyazaki da atualidade.
Apr 13, 2023 8:37 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Just got back watching it in theaters. I think I can safely say Shinkai wrote this as a response to Weathering With You, but I'll get to that in a minute.

Overall, I enjoyed the film. It felt positive and upbeat despite the heavy themes about loss, overcoming pas trauma, and even having the 2011 Earthquake be a central part of the film. I think the issue most have with the film is that the romance doesn't feel as nearly as natural as, say, Your Name. Suzume and Sota only knew each other for a short time, probably a week. Even despite all the things they went through, there just wasn't enough to justify a romance. They just needed more development together. Like Sota needed something that Suzume could sympathize with, which could further their relationship. I'm also trying to remember if Sota had any flaws? I guess he was really dedicated to his work, but that didn't really feel like a flaw. He seemed a little bland to me.

Suzume felt like the most mature main character out of the last three Shinkai films. She felt more like a young adult, which was refreshing. I also loved how as she moved from place to place, she got to meet new people who all showed kindness and generosity.

To address my first point about Weathering With You; that film has a much more somber and had this overarching sense of dread throughout the film. The ending is something I would not consider a happy one either. I believe Shinkai wanted to try to create his own connected universe, but I think he wrote himself into a corner with WWY, so he decided to abandon that and go in another direction with Suzume. This is a much more positive film, there was a sense of adventure, and the people they met were kind and caring. We didn't know where we would end up next, and it had this spontaneous nature to the film that made it kind of exciting to watch. A complete tonal change from WWY. That's why I believe Suzume was written the way it was, and the film was so much better for it.

The themes of loss, family, and dealing with past trauma were depicted in a creative way while still being heartfelt and genuine. Of course, the visuals and music remain some of the absolute best Japan has to offer. This is a film I'll have to re-watch, but after sitting on it for over an hour and reading other's thoughts and analyses, I'll give Suzume an 8/10.

Thank you for another wonderful film, Shinkai! 
Apr 13, 2023 9:54 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Fantastic visuals but everything else didnt hit the mark for me. I dont even remember the names of the main characters 2 hrs after having watched the movie.

6/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 13, 2023 10:06 PM

Sep 2019
cchigu said:
Fantastic visuals but everything else didnt hit the mark for me. I dont even remember the names of the main characters 2 hrs after having watched the movie.

6/10
worth it to watch in cinema?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Apr 13, 2023 10:22 PM

Jun 2016
Personally, Suzume was the weakest Shinkai film.

Supernatural' elements are dialed up to an 11 compared to his previous works almost in place of the romance, but the explanations are as lacking as before. Even after finishing the movie, it's unclear what worms are, who closers are, why Suzume was able to meet in the ever-after, what exactly the seals were, etc, etc
Suzume and Souta's romance was way too rushed and took a backseat to the supernatural adventure, which felt like the cart was being put before the horse, as the film plays out similarly to Tenki no Ko and Kimi no na wa.
Rather than the usual catchy insert songs from Radwimps, variations of the endings were played two or three times throughout the film, which was quite unfortunate imo.
Finally, the movie lacked any sort of real climax, especially when compared to Shinkai's previous works. While there was a good enough resolution, it most definitely did not hit the high notes that TnK or KnnW did with Grand Escape or Sparkle.

ALSO WHY WASNT THERE A HINA AND HODAKA CAMEO >:(

Ton of elitists are claiming this is like a <3/10, more than likely influenced by Shinkai's massive success starkly contrasting with their expectations.

Production values alone puts this movie far ahead of most of anything put out by the industry, and the story is a decent ride and has a good enough conclusion. 
It's definitely not a masterpiece, but it's also not bad by any means, especially compared to most seasonals. 
8-8.5/10

Tenki no Ko is best tho
Apr 13, 2023 11:08 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Peeti said:
cchigu said:

6/10
It is the kind of movie to watch in cinemas! Awesome sound and visuals! Has very high production values.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 14, 2023 1:10 AM

Sep 2019
cchigu said:
Peeti said:
It is the kind of movie to watch in cinemas! Awesome sound and visuals! Has very high production values.
ooo. Thanks my smart friend. I may watch it in sinemas.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Apr 14, 2023 5:08 AM
Sep 2016
There was one scene that confused me. The scene with Daijin where Suzume picks him up and Daijin says something along the lines of "You're hurting me , you're not supposed to hurt someone you love." And I was ???
Then she says I hate you and he gets skinny again.
I don't really understand this part.
Apr 14, 2023 11:12 AM
May 2021
Such a good film!! Woww was soo funny & v emotional!! Loved it?! Yessirr
Apr 14, 2023 11:14 AM
May 2021
Wall-flower23 said:
There was one scene that confused me. The scene with Daijin where Suzume picks him up and Daijin says something along the lines of "You're hurting me , you're not supposed to hurt someone you love." And I was ???
Then she says I hate you and he gets skinny again.
I don't really understand this part.
Daijin wanted to be loved by Suzume from the v start so when she told him to go away, he felt that there was point living anymore.
Apr 14, 2023 12:34 PM

Oct 2016
wow that was amazing, was balling my eyes out for basically half the film
Apr 14, 2023 12:52 PM
Jan 2017
Inorichi said:
Personally, Suzume was the weakest Shinkai film.

Supernatural' elements are dialed up to an 11 compared to his previous works almost in place of the romance, but the explanations are as lacking as before. Even after finishing the movie, it's unclear what worms are, who closers are, why Suzume was able to meet in the ever-after, what exactly the seals were, etc, etc
Suzume and Souta's romance was way too rushed and took a backseat to the supernatural adventure, which felt like the cart was being put before the horse, as the film plays out similarly to Tenki no Ko and Kimi no na wa.
Rather than the usual catchy insert songs from Radwimps, variations of the endings were played two or three times throughout the film, which was quite unfortunate imo.
Finally, the movie lacked any sort of real climax, especially when compared to Shinkai's previous works. While there was a good enough resolution, it most definitely did not hit the high notes that TnK or KnnW did with Grand Escape or Sparkle.

ALSO WHY WASNT THERE A HINA AND HODAKA CAMEO >:(

Ton of elitists are claiming this is like a <3/10, more than likely influenced by Shinkai's massive success starkly contrasting with their expectations.

Production values alone puts this movie far ahead of most of anything put out by the industry, and the story is a decent ride and has a good enough conclusion. 
It's definitely not a masterpiece, but it's also not bad by any means, especially compared to most seasonals. 
8-8.5/10

Tenki no Ko is best tho
practically sums up what i thought about the movie lol, definitely not the worst move i've ever seen but the movie just felt rushed, still worth the 10 euros i paid for the ticket 
Apr 14, 2023 1:43 PM
Apr 2023
i have never watched a CoMix Wave Films before so i can't judge of suzume is there best work but i really enjoyed what i saw

visually its stunning
the comedy is light but fun
the story is sweet and easy to follow

and all the characters felt well writen

Apr 14, 2023 2:09 PM

Nov 2020
I went to the theatres to watch this tonight and I really enjoyed it, it was my first time watching something like this in the theatres but I can’t get over the ending, as good as it was I just didn’t really like the ending, I feel like it ended abruptly and didn’t show much after.

9/10 overall, it was still beautiful to watch and a great story.
Apr 14, 2023 2:16 PM
Nov 2020
I loved it, 10/10 great film In my opinion.
Apr 14, 2023 2:36 PM

Jan 2021
I just finished the movie and WOW! It was absolutely stunning!!! I loved it from beginning to end, the visuals, the action, the characters, the music and everything else was just PERFECT!!!
I was crying so much throughout it lol, not because anything was neccesarily sad, I'm just a sucker for Shinkai movies and always end up tearing up lol
Apr 14, 2023 3:25 PM
Feb 2019
The film was really good. I like the inspirations & influences that they used from the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake & Tsunami in Fukushima & the idea of overcoming one's past. I can't wait to read the novel when it's out in English.
Apr 14, 2023 3:50 PM

Jul 2011
The visual are great, but the story made me kinda hate cats more.
Like Daijin was such an ass to be honest, and what balanced was Sandaijin which was very into the being a seal thing, but they too brought their likability down, by bring Tamaki negative feelings out.

I like seeing running chairs now.
Apr 14, 2023 4:49 PM
Oct 2019
Beautifully animated and excellent story.
Apr 14, 2023 6:54 PM

Apr 2016
Suzume - 7/10 (Good)

It was enjoyable enough that I didn't go to the bathroom once, so it's good. English dub is good.

The movie is more of the same. Same formula as Your Name and Weathering With You (teenager runs away from home to investigate supernatural stuff, roadtrip with friends, etc), doesn't bring anything new to the table. It feels a little more derivative in that now Shinkai is rehashing aspects of his earlier movies, such as the high school student x teacher romance from Garden of Words or alien otherworlds from 5 Centimeters Per Second. I liked the movie but hope that Shinkai's next movie is more original. Please don't be Your Name 4.0.

Overall I didn't enjoy it as much as Weathering With You but it was better than Your Name.

The first 2/3rds of the movie were enjoyable. The chair was easily the best part. Once they hopped into the convertible the movie began losing steam for me. I think it's because of the lack of tension. The movie had been making the cat out to be an antagonist, but then turns the cat into just a quirky sidekick, so you have like 10-20 minutes where nothing is really happening and the only antagonist left is the worm, who isn't really a character.

The girl crying out that she loves Suota doesn't feel natural, given that they had only known each other for maybe 3 or 4 days. Prior Shinkai films had timeskip montages where the couple got closer together over months or years. The drama with the aunt felt dumb. The hamfisted message of "things might be bad now but ofcourse they will get better later!" was rather flimsy and cringeworthy.

The movie feels like it went through a few rewrites, though. Specifically, the narrative kept changing what it was implying the cat was. Why did the cat god want to become Suzume's house cat specifically? I thought that maybe the cat would have turned out to be Suzume's missing mom, but it seems like the cat god just wanted to become Suzume's pet for no reason. Later on, the movie seems to imply that the cat was also a person who had turned into a keystone, and wanted out and was pawning off the responsibility onto Suota. Grandpa personally knowing the big black cat made me think that perhaps that the cat was a closer that grandpa knew earlier in his life. But then the movie says that the the two cats are gods responsible for guarding the worm, so why did the cat turn Suota into a chair in the first place? Suota wouldn't be able to better guard against the worm than the cats. The movie also sets up a subplot with the aunt and her coworkers, but the coworker never shows up again after the halfway point, not even in the end credits sequence.

The soundtrack was underwhelming. Felt a little generically Hollywood at points with the pounding during the Worm scenes.

Recommended
Apr 14, 2023 7:52 PM

Jul 2012
I really liked this movie!! The music was FIRE. Played at perfect moments to amplify the feelings of scenes (particularly, the really emotional driven ones or the creepy ones). Definitely the best part of the movie, not to remove credit from its other parts. I wouldn't remove any plot or scenes from the movie but I do wish there was additional time given to really flesh out Suzume and Souta's relationship. It was also a bit hard to tell if the cats were evil or not or ifp I should dislike or like them.. but perhaps that was the intention? To make them mischievous gods? I do wish there was more explanation on the whole run down of that as well. Are the cats gods? Were they humans that turned into keystones? There was a a brief explanation at his apartment but that didn't really didn't say much. Otherwise, I thought the movie was entertaining and it had me entranced throughout the movie (:

Personally, I liked it wayyy more than Your Name, which I thought was not as good as Weathering with You 🤷‍♀️ 
Apr 14, 2023 10:43 PM

Nov 2021
Really glad to see this movie doing well in theaters and that people like it. I have to admit I wasn't really impressed with the movie, the best parts about it are probably the visuals and soundtrack. I guess people including myself need to stop comparing and expecting another Shinkai movie to be Your Name level, I don't think it's gonna happen. Either way I hope he does something totally new when he makes another movie.
Apr 15, 2023 3:30 AM
Jun 2022
the animation music and every ounce of this movie was phenomenal
Apr 15, 2023 5:03 AM

Jan 2016
7/10

not really shinkai's best; i definitely enjoyed weathering with you more than this for sure.

art and animation is always good with shinkai and comix, so not much to say.

story; it definitely felt like the direction was changing all the time, and it also felt a bit rushed/paced too fast. 

also as well, the climax wasn't as good as your name's or weathering's (i really loved the climax in this), didn't really have that much oompf, but eh

overall, i guess i paid $20 to see a guy be a chair for half the movie, and im okay with that

e: reading some other reviews, i now understand that suzume's a bit of homage to the 2011 tohoku earthquakes and tsunamis, so i'm understanding the film a bit more, though that said, its still definitely focuses a bit too much on other stuff for that

tukimoopApr 15, 2023 5:18 AM
Apr 15, 2023 6:47 AM
Jul 2022
This film is a masterpiece, and honestly, not just for its breathtaking visuals, which rival the best of battle animation and animation in general.

At its surface, it’s a movie about closing doors to prevent disaster from striking the world. But the doors Suzume close also represent her getting closure on the tough chapters of her life. They are doors to the ever-after, that remained open since Suzume was a child, because Suzume never quite healed from the death of her mother. Finally, she has to face her reality, and find the strength to carry forward. The way the battle animation anthropomorphized her own inner battle imbued a level of depth that drew me in.

Moreover, this metaphor generalizes to everyone who’s faced disasters or calamity in their lives, and needs to find the love and strength to move on. Consequently, it really hit hard for me, 10/10.
jaamun100Apr 15, 2023 7:03 AM
Apr 15, 2023 10:04 AM

May 2015
I couldn't remember why I knew this song's lyrics that played when they were in Serizawa's car. I just found out it was meant to be a musical reference to Majo no Takkyuubin. I watched that one last year so that explains why it sounded so familiar.

Apr 15, 2023 11:06 AM

Aug 2016
Really enjoyed it, might be one of my favorites of Shinkai yet!
Nanika ga Okashii
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Feet and shoes in the film

trvekvlt666 - May 19

20 by Casualfanofanime »»
May 24, 2:38 PM

» Remake of weathering with you? ( 1 2 )

Hickykissy - May 1

51 by Zoopiez »»
May 19, 8:06 PM

» Makoto Shinka cannot write plausible human relationships

MyllerPhiem - Apr 8

42 by BroodEagle »»
May 11, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Next natural disaster?

mechian - Apr 15, 2023

6 by Rob7 »»
Apr 23, 9:55 PM

» Serizawa's car and his playlist

kintups - Mar 10, 2023

16 by Rob7 »»
Apr 23, 9:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.