Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2023 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 29, 2023 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Now that the Nationals are over, we got a transition episode into the finale with a festival.

I like the more relaxed energy of this episode while also keeping the overall feel of the show in tact. We got all the cast involved in the festival and it's cool to see everyone enjoying their time together. The guys looked great in their outfits when performing at the festival imo. It was a very festive episode of celebrations and imo, one of the better ways to conclude a season. 

Mar 29, 2023 9:13 AM

Apr 2020
I liked it a bit more than the S1. 7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 29, 2023 9:58 AM

Feb 2021
Kyoto Animation don't make as much anime as other studios, but when they do they deliver
This was such a beautiful season. Every scene felt truly alive, people on the background were always moving, the shooting animation was spectacular and the sounds were really satisfying. But what I especially love is the wholesome rivalry between the three teams.
9/10
Mar 29, 2023 10:03 AM
Sep 2015
It's very KyoAni that after the highly competitive interhigh tournament, the last episode is the "back to basic" episode.

After finished watching the festival's ceremony, it's like I receive some kind of blessing, it's like my life will get a little bit luckier this year.
Mar 29, 2023 10:04 AM

Oct 2009
What an absolute victory lap of an episode for a season (series?) of which every episode seemed to have been crafted with very obvious love and careful attention to all the details. Summer festivals are quite the cliché/trope at this point in anime, but here they do it with a bit of a religious twist, and that always makes things more interesting. And it still managed not scrimping on anything: beautiful scenic shots, including quite literally the entire cast (even the momentary appearances were meaningful), feelings and introspection, interactions every which way, silly shenanigans, even some shipping material and fanservice - and hell, for better or worse, even a few glimpses of flashbacks. This is how you wrap up a season that was actually so full of story and character development (even in the last minutes), if perhaps a little under the radar. I'd really like to know the budget, because they managed to make it feel like no expense was spared, and yet there was nothing over-the-top. Almost "business as usual", save for the ceremony I suppose, but instead of glossing over those mundane moments, they're polished to perfection and are given enough time to bloom and we can immerse ourselves in them. 

Perfect as it is for even a final send-off, I really hope we get to see more of these dorks, because, at the risk of repeating myself: they're an absolute joy to watch. This entire series is.
Mar 29, 2023 10:47 AM
Aug 2022
really loved the last episode with the shooting ceremony and yagoe, a beautiful way to end Tsurune and hope we get a s3 🥹
Mar 29, 2023 10:50 AM
Feb 2023
KyoAni knows how to make a good final episode! I'm going to miss all of them, i hope it won't take 4 years to release the 3rd season lol. But it's really amazing how we can get so easily caught up in everbody's life and i feel like I'm living the same, it didn't feel like I was watching from the outside, i love all the characters so much and they are all very well written, but i do hope they will get further in some storylines, like Ryohei's.
Mar 29, 2023 12:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last season episode!!!
Nice festival, nice feelings between the boys and amazing the lasts shots, intensity and emotion!!!
Nice episode to close the season!!

7/10

kekeke
Mar 29, 2023 5:10 PM
Jun 2022
This is probably one of the best sports anime i've seen ever, the animation is just gorgeous, the soundtrack is perfect, each character has his own personality and thoughts about what kyudo is, the second season has improve dramatically , the first one is really amazing but this one is just gorgeous, i really enjoy each episode , i can't wait to the announce of the third season, i'm looking forward this!.
Mar 29, 2023 5:39 PM
Aug 2020
It was really excellent, so beautiful, they really did a better job from the S1 which was already excellent. The ost was also memorable.

It’s definitely a must watch.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 29, 2023 5:43 PM
Mar 2023
This final episode was beautiful. Seeing all of the boys' journeys was beautiful, and never did I expected to be so invested in an anime about Kyudo, let alone know what Kyudo even was. Thanks as always KyoAni.
Mar 29, 2023 6:01 PM
May 2018
It was so beautiful as always ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ I'll miss them so much
Please Kyoani give us a 3rd season soon i miss my Masa-san and the boys already

and oh what's up with Ryou's sister? I think i get it so that's why i didn't feel like they needed to explain, but since im not sure i keep questioning about it

Anyways love Tsurune it always make my day a bit better I'd watch them forever, this is the kinda anime that could be infinite and I'd never complain
Mar 29, 2023 6:25 PM

Jul 2016
Overall, slightly better than the snoozefest that was Season 1. The whole Nikaidou stuff and that Kaito/Nanao-focused episode were particularly bad but thankfully, there were other aspects I actually really enjoyed and kinda made up for those exasperating episodes.
Both production values and direction were superior in comparison to the prequel and as for the story, I really really liked all the focus and development Ryouhei received. The friendship he formed with Shuu was nice and the bond he formed with the little sister was pretty sweet as well.

6/10
Mar 29, 2023 7:48 PM

Feb 2019
that wasn't a bad way to end the season. and nikaido seemed to have gotten rid of that chip on his freaking shoulder lol
Mar 29, 2023 11:07 PM
Sep 2021
IT MADE ME CRY ESPECIALLY THE FLASHBACKSSSS
Mar 30, 2023 5:43 AM
Mar 2021
IT WAS STRIKINGLY BEAUTIFUL AND TOUCHING!! GOD IT WAS SO PERFECT
Mar 31, 2023 2:44 AM

Feb 2014
This was a rather relaxing way to end the second series with the festival and the ceremonial part with Masa and the Kazemai guys. Seeing the others from Kirisaki and Tsujimine being friendly and more upbeat was really nice to see, as was seeing Shuu's sister having a really fun time with Ryohei at the festival.

The ceremonial part was beautiful, though, building up the moment in a calm and serene way before seeing how damn amazing KyoAni could do with their production values, as was shown at its best with Minato's second shot.

Overall, I'm happy to give this second season of Tsurune an 8/10. The first season was still solid, but this was a nice improvement as a whole, with the character development from Kazemai and the other schools being the highlight for me. =)
Mar 31, 2023 4:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They sure all evolved a lot through the anime, though it became a bit repetitive but KyoAni's animation and the direction sure carried
Mar 31, 2023 11:09 AM
Mar 2019
perfect and very good
Apr 1, 2023 4:01 AM

May 2020
Very good way to end it. This season has been a bit of an improvement over season 1, while still far from best KyoAni show I think it still stands out and should probably deserve more recognition. It was fun, glad I did watch it weekly, and by far AOTS!

7.9/10
Can't wait next time for KyoAni to deliver something even bigger!

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Apr 2, 2023 12:21 AM

Dec 2016
That was such a beautiful and refreshing ending, as expected of Kyoani.

Definitely looking forward to any future sequel of Tsurune. I'm guessing it would most likely be a movie since Kyoani sure loves making movies.

8/10
Apr 6, 2023 4:24 AM

Oct 2019
The part about Ryohei's sister made me tear up, I'm glad she seems to be getting better.

A pleasant way to end the season, it was great from start to finish! Everything felt very real and human, and the art was consistently beautiful. Hope there's more to come.
Apr 11, 2023 11:50 AM

Aug 2015
is there more after this? or is this the end of the light novel/manga?
Apr 12, 2023 6:44 PM

Jun 2015
xseandee said:
is there more after this? or is this the end of the light novel/manga?
There is a third volume that has not been adapted.
Apr 13, 2023 4:47 AM

Jul 2019
Wholesome episode and a good way to end this season

My biggest critiques of season 2 are that there was not as much drama and uphill battles making it less tense and not as satifying to watch at the end. The nationals were over in a blink of an eye and it felt anticlimatic to what they were hyped up to until now. Hence, I liked the first half of the season much more than the latter half.

But that is just complaining at a very high level. This show with its asthetics, voice acting, style and narrative provides such a great break from every day life and a lot of motivation for self-improvement.
Apr 16, 2023 1:56 AM
Jan 2021
To be honest, I loved this season better than first one. The feels, the animation and everything was great. Will be missing Tsurune, see you when 3rd season comes. One of the most valuable animes this season.
May 21, 2023 2:46 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Hey, that was a lovely ending! I was wondering what the episode will cover given that the Nationals ended last episode, but they managed to end it off on a really pleasant note. 

KyoAni don't make too many shows but they sure know to make ones that stick around for long, and I'm sure this will too. Last season tried to force things a little bit with the drama aspect, I felt. But this season just felt super natural and Nikaido-senpai turned out to be an interesting antagonistic character for our main group. In terms of the audiovisual department, I really don't have to spill the beans, do I xD? I'm sure most of us felt the same way, it was glorious!

Already mentioned above by someone but Ryohei's sister mustering up the courage to stand back up again after seeing her brother take it to the national stage was very nice to see! His relationship with the Shu family was fantastic to see as well. The team seems to be almost complete, just a little more time for Ryohei and it should be interesting to see how they'll fare against Kirisaki High next year. 

7.5/10 from here!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 10, 2023 5:33 PM

Mar 2015
Loved this season as well, it was a beautiful and touching series. 

Also loved how they ended every episode this season, playing out the scene with the ending song in the background. The ending song matches the feel of the anime well imo.
Jun 27, 2023 4:54 PM

Aug 2019
Honestly, that was an amazing experience. I’m so glad we got to see a new season of this incredible anime. 

Ryo and Shu’s friendship is something else.

I love the traditional outfits the guys had to wear.

Also, I think I noticed that Ryo’s sister was there too!! 

I hope the guys are able to recruit more people for the next year. 

I don’t know if there's going to be a new season. I hope we do eventually. 

Aug 28, 2023 8:46 AM

Feb 2015
Seeing Ryouhei's sister at the festival was such a nice touch!
The ED transition is so beautiful I'm glad they did it for all episodes.

Manifesting season 3!
Nov 15, 2023 4:51 PM
Dec 2021
This was one of the best Sports anime I have seen.
Liked it more than haykyuu and ippo.
Jun 1, 4:57 AM

Mar 2020
Probably the most underrated shows to have ever made.
Also its funny how people miss the subtle characterization in the character driven narratives all over.
Def my fav kyo ani show in anycase and probably the easiest 10/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

28 by chuuolait »»
Jun 24, 8:33 PM

» English dub

asanap62 - Jun 10

0 by asanap62 »»
Jun 10, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

32 by MiyukiKennedy »»
Jun 7, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2023

56 by RGreatDanton »»
May 20, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

21 by Seven »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.