Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2023 11:44 AM

Oct 2011
I can see why Maru is an expert at killing Man Eaters

Poor Mother 😭

OMG that reveal at the end
Apr 8, 2023 11:53 AM
Oct 2020
I knew she was going to die as soon as she stood in front of the monster. I thought the tomato heaven was going to be more dangerous or shady but I guess it's just a bunch of farmers. Also a confession! but she's a guy? I guess that's why he wanted to kiss himself in the mirror. Now I wonder what does the drug do?

Also when that kid fell even though I know their not normal and would be fine my heart still skipped a beat but glad the kids fine.
Apr 8, 2023 11:56 AM
Oct 2020
Also so her son didn't turn into a monster but was eaten by it and she viewed it as her son?
Apr 8, 2023 11:59 AM
Apr 2022
This really reminds me of togata from fire punch.
Apr 8, 2023 12:31 PM
Sep 2017
Just wanna point that the way they change the aspect ratio to anamorphic for some scenes it's pretty rare for anime series doing that
Apr 8, 2023 12:35 PM
Sep 2022
gender bender crap
-.-
Apr 8, 2023 12:49 PM

Feb 2018
Seeing Maru's ability in action was interesting.
Farm looked like something might happen, but turned out they were all just chilling.
Ending it with another mystery I see.
Apr 8, 2023 1:21 PM
Jul 2022
Nah bro really proposed not knowing she was a lesbian , if I was him I'll take back what I said lol
Apr 8, 2023 1:31 PM

Mar 2008
I can only imagine how happy a mangaká must feel seeing his work getting adapted with such good quality.
It's not just that it looks good, it's the direction that it's actually good.
It's not that unusual for an anime to have scenes where the aspect ration changes, right? But how many times this change was justified? In this case it was, it was used correctly during that scenes and only during those cuts where it made sense.

Now, about the big twist...

deg said:
the main girl is transgender then damn i thought they will have romance but maybe she is bisexual instead in later episodes

im almost sure the heaven they are talking about is that futuristic facility where kids are wondering if there is an outside world

Helltaker said:
So Kiruko is trans well that should make things interesting...

Kintamaman said:
If Kiruko is a man then I'm officially gay

BadBoyLevi said:
gender bender crap

I commented this in another thread, I think the subtitles dropped the ball during that scene (and maybe others)?
When the character is explaining, contrary to what subtitles in all languages say, what "she" said was not "my mind", it was actually, "my brain". Literally the grey matter was switched bodies from his original body to that one.

With the correct word the situation is a bit different, it's a case of stolen identity.
That body belonging to another singular person that was alive and is known by a lot of people gives a whole different dimension to the issue that goes far beyond just gender (dysphoria), don't you think?
And I also wonder, in this strange world with unexpected advanced technology, it could be possible for the character to change bodies again, right? If not to his original body at least to a masculine body.
PaninaManinaApr 8, 2023 3:04 PM
Apr 8, 2023 1:33 PM

Jan 2018
Spectacular episode animation and superb opening and ending. 
Apr 8, 2023 1:48 PM
May 2021
trans rep!? love that for kiruko so much.

already pretty sure the heaven they're looking for is the facility the kids are in. im looking forward to seeing how everything is going to tie together and unravel. very good episode
My 2023 candies:
Apr 8, 2023 2:01 PM

Jul 2022
nice episode but when they gonna tell us what happened to the world man
also that transgender thing felt kinda forced but i guess it explains what she was doing with the mirror last episode a
Apr 8, 2023 2:21 PM

Aug 2014
PaninaManina said:
I can only imagine how happy a mangaká must feel seeing his work getting adapted with such good quality.
It's not that unusual for an anime to have scenes where the aspect ration changes, right? But how many times this change was justified? In this case it was, it was used correctly during that scenes and only during those cuts where it made sense.

deg said:
the main girl is transgender then damn i thought they will have romance but maybe she is bisexual instead in later episodes

im almost sure the heaven they are talking about is that futuristic facility where kids are wondering if there is an outside world

Helltaker said:
So Kiruko is trans well that should make things interesting...

Kintamaman said:
If Kiruko is a man then I'm officially gay

BadBoyLevi said:
gender bender crap

I commented this in another thread, I think the subtitles dropped the ball during that scene (and maybe others)?
When the character is explaining, contrary to what subtitles in all languages say, what "she" said was not "my mind", it was actually, "my brain". Literally the grey matter was switched bodies from his original body to that one.

With the correct word the situation is a bit different, it's a case of stolen identity.
That body belonging to another singular person what was alive and is known by a lot of people gives a whole different dimension to the issue that goes far beyond just gender (dysphoria), don't you think?
And I also wonder, in this strange word with unexpected advanced technology, it could be possible for the character to change bodies again, right? If not to his original body at least to a masculine body.

I was having a similar thought about Kiruko. When the race accident with her brother was mentioned it clicked to me that his mind was probably transferred to his sister's body or something like that. Idk how people think of this as being trans. I mean we had Yamada-kun and the 7 witches where the male mc could switch bodies with anyone he kisses and nobody called that as trans.
Apr 8, 2023 2:29 PM
Feb 2021
Stark700 said:
Man, the more I think about it, the more I like Kiruko's character in this show. 

We got some slight mystery in this anime too, with those strange symbols. Seems this anime has a mysterious lore that I hope it continues to explore. Kiruko and Maru's relationship still catches my attention for their bond so far. Maru probably took that a little far and Maru wasn't prepared LOL

Opening song is pretty good imo

Bro I feel like they just dropped so much foreshadowing in this show

Also, was that pic that mimihime sent to shiro a lot cuter of kiruko or herself in the shower? I was confused by that
Apr 8, 2023 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
FaZePogChamp said:
Stark700 said:
Man, the more I think about it, the more I like Kiruko's character in this show. 

We got some slight mystery in this anime too, with those strange symbols. Seems this anime has a mysterious lore that I hope it continues to explore. Kiruko and Maru's relationship still catches my attention for their bond so far. Maru probably took that a little far and Maru wasn't prepared LOL

Opening song is pretty good imo

Also, was that pic that mimihime sent to shiro a lot cuter of kiruko or herself in the shower? I was confused by that

Pretty sure that was Mimihime's photo.
Apr 8, 2023 3:04 PM

Jun 2013
God damn that was brutal
Apr 8, 2023 3:05 PM
Feb 2021
GTRaijin said:
FaZePogChamp said:

Ahh ok thanks for the clarification
Apr 8, 2023 3:07 PM

Mar 2008
FaZePogChamp said:

GTRaijin said:

My doubt about that it's who send the photo.
A camera, in the shower, at that angle?
Must be a staff member, right? And why would they do this? To see his reactions? After all those kids are on that closed place for a reason. That Kuku girl seemed a bit too athletic, that buy should had died from that fall, Mimihime herself has a suspiciously good intuition...
Apr 8, 2023 3:09 PM
Feb 2021
PaninaManina said:
FaZePogChamp said:

GTRaijin said:

Must be a staff member, right? And why would they do this? To see his reactions? After all those kids are on that closed place for a reason. That Kuku girl seemed a bit too athletic, that buy should had died from that fall, Mimihime herself has a suspiciously good intuition...

Ouuu you’re on to something, I like it. That’s why this shows so good, it keeps you wondering about exactly wtf could possibly be going on in this world
Apr 8, 2023 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
PaninaManina said:
FaZePogChamp said:

GTRaijin said:

Not even sure if she knows it herself about the photo. Maybe those kids have some sort of physical abilities or something since they are kept locked up from the outside world. We will see in the future I guess.
Apr 8, 2023 3:16 PM
Nov 2022
I loved the episode, it seems that this anime will be one of the jewels of the season.

There is a lot of lore, I hope you know how to handle it well and don't leave everything a simple mystery; I was surprised by the coldness with which the series is handled, they know perfectly well that it is a difficult situation and they don't take it as a game.

How is he a man? ._.

What a good opening!!!
Apr 8, 2023 3:20 PM

Jan 2012
Opening is beautiful.
Apr 8, 2023 3:32 PM
Sep 2022
Excellent episode. Very immersive, intriguing & has interesting plot twist, I really enjoyed it!
Ah yeah, and phenomenal visual quality 🤩

Mod Edit: Removed images; only one screenshot is allowed at a time
KayKimiiApr 9, 2023 10:58 AM
Apr 8, 2023 3:47 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The attack was scary but they could escape hopefully and they're still traveling to finding more clues, it seems like there are some other supernatural issues, especially for what Kiruko said at the end (making it sounds like she's trans but from what I see it's something else on the supernatural side) so it's more and more interesting... also the orphanage part is mysterious I wonder what's really happening to these kids and how human they are... since the guy falling from that high didn't take much damage strangely.
Apr 8, 2023 4:21 PM

May 2018
I feel like there's too much going on in this anime and they probably won't have the time to develop and explain things properly, and I doubt there will be an actual good world building in this one. Either way, I have to admit this is looking pretty good so far, especially in terms of audio-visual quality. 6/10 so far...

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 8, 2023 4:28 PM
Dec 2021
the episode is full of suspense, monsters eat humans and the opening song is really banger
Apr 8, 2023 4:38 PM
May 2017
This show knows how to keep the audiences attention, that's for sure. Interesting story, characters, subplots, themes etc.

5/5
Apr 8, 2023 4:47 PM

May 2015
deg said:

She's not transgender

Apr 8, 2023 5:10 PM

Jan 2022
The pacing in this episode was too fast imo. So much happens in quick succession.  The show needs time to breath.
Apr 8, 2023 6:06 PM

Apr 2022
granted plot-wise, it's not groundbreaking. but visually it's great, as well as the audio. so i'm liking it.

but what. she's an otoko-kun 0_0 welp, i'm interested to see what's the story behind that.
and damn, they sharin' nudes in that facility lmao my boy got a nosebleed.
Apr 8, 2023 6:48 PM

Apr 2015
Lmao the moment that woman turned to face the monster and claimed it wouldn't hurt her, I knew the monster was going to kill her within the next few seconds. The mystery continues to build up, really curious to know the connection between the kids inside the walls and the ones outside. So Kiruko actually has the mind of a male? Like, as in a male brain inside of a female body? Interesting, guess that explains why "she" was kinda ogling at herself in the mirror in the previous episode.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 8, 2023 6:49 PM

Dec 2015
Gross. Dropped. 0/10.
Apr 8, 2023 6:51 PM

Aug 2019
Ishitateso said:
An other thing that most likely doesn't have anything to do with the anime (just an interesting fact) is that the word "tomato" and paradise is the same word in my mother language

Would that be Hungarian?
Ahora, triste en la pendiente, solitario y ya vencido yo me quiero confesar

Si aquella boca mentía el amor que me ofrecía, por aquellos ojos brujos, yo habría dado siempre más

Apr 8, 2023 7:23 PM
Mar 2021
I like the suspense build up they did here. At the beginning of the episode we were thought that the man-eater is the old lady's son, my mind was like, is really his son? and at the same time that there's something wrong. The pacing is also incredible, from Episode 1 to 2 we were being hinted of Kiruko's identity, and wow that cliffhanger really got me, from him or her I think, let's use "she", so she hinted in episode 1 that she's a boy when a group of bandits, and when she's trying to kiss the mirror, hecks nah, I will do the same If i'm in a woman's body when I'm naked. So anyways I can't wait for next sunday or saturday, because for me it's sunday
Apr 8, 2023 7:30 PM
Oct 2017
if body woman and head is man then i am body straight and gay head, does that make sense? yes
Apr 8, 2023 7:33 PM

May 2015
That sure was a lot to think about. Poor Inn-keeper, imagine the thing that killed your son was also protecting you, making you think your son had somehow took control over it. Grief sure makes you jump to hopeful conclusions.  Maru being able to attack the monster from the inside was very cool and well done. What a cliffhanger for them to leave us on with Kiruko!
Apr 8, 2023 7:39 PM
Oct 2017
iono man i wanna get spoiled just cause im not really sure how i feel about the entertainment factor of these past eps cause it seems like we're still shrouded in mystery for no reason other than getting bits and pieces of information. in promised neverland we already gotten the motivation and reality of the world in ep 1 that gave it the drive to continue but here we just... checks notes* stick a needle to someone who looks like him and its bound to do something... yeh not much to go by. if anything, i might just wait a couple eps to binge it until they receive an exposition dump or something
Apr 8, 2023 7:55 PM
Aug 2019
The only thing that's bothering me for now is that the characters on the background have some SERIOUS FPS PROBLEM, looks like Pokemon Scarlet/Violet NPCs... That is really disturbing for my eyes sadly
Apr 8, 2023 8:09 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This is a rare anime where just about everything appeals to me, especially the naturalistic dialogue and behavior of the characters, it really feels true to life and the characters in 2 episodes have grown more on me than characters from entire seasons of other anime. I really hope this doesn't go downhill, it can definitely be the summer time rendering of this year.
Apr 8, 2023 8:22 PM

May 2015
GTRaijin said:
PaninaManina said:

That body belonging to another singular person what was alive and is known by a lot of people gives a whole different dimension to the issue that goes far beyond just gender (dysphoria), don't you think?
And I also wonder, in this strange word with unexpected advanced technology, it could be possible for the character to change bodies again, right? If not to his original body at least to a masculine body.

I was having a similar thought about Kiruko. When the race accident with her brother was mentioned it clicked to me that his mind was probably transferred to his sister's body or something like that. Idk how people think of this as being trans. I mean we had Yamada-kun and the 7 witches where the male mc could switch bodies with anyone he kisses and nobody called that as trans.

Wow that is an interesting theory, and that actually would make sense of why Kiruko seemed to be confused about how old she/he was! The japanese have a thing for weirdly sexualized brother-sister relationships and with your theory the scene when Kiruko tried to kiss herself in the mirror would rise that fetish on a completely unexplored level. Onii-chan's brain in his younger sister body trying to lewd that same body is some kind of unheard shit even in this medium :D

Johnny_Melaslavo said:
Ishitateso said:
An other thing that most likely doesn't have anything to do with the anime (just an interesting fact) is that the word "tomato" and paradise is the same word in my mother language

Would that be Hungarian?
 Who knows, it might be that :)
IshitatesoApr 8, 2023 8:26 PM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Apr 8, 2023 9:05 PM
Oct 2022
The addition of another mystery, the hability to manipulate the monsters body, keeps me invested on this series.
Apr 8, 2023 9:06 PM

Sep 2018
Interesting little reveal at the end. I'm thinking it's not simply to do gender identity, but more to do with the strange unnatural nature of the show, maybe some sort of technology is playing a part.

Not too sure about the choice in soundtrack in the beginning though, the slight upbeat music didn't really merge well with the whole freaky bird scene. I liked the more eerie OST at the end of episode one more.
Apr 8, 2023 9:37 PM

Nov 2020
deg said:

Maybe he can fix her
Apr 8, 2023 10:17 PM

Aug 2016
Unexpected trans king. Also, the animation of that old man smoking went way too hard for just an insert shot. I'm really digging this show! Also the OP slaps, and it slaps hard.

Apr 8, 2023 10:51 PM
Dec 2019
in my Head I'm a man

here we fkn go
Apr 8, 2023 11:13 PM
May 2021
The visual is insane. Felt like I'm watching a movie. Very interesting story too.

Oh and the opening is banger. Hype af
Apr 8, 2023 11:13 PM

Jul 2021
well this was impressive. but wtf is going on in that school. i'm 100% sure they are monitoring the devices of the kids and that shower pic was seen by the teachers.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 8, 2023 11:36 PM
Dec 2022
this episode reveals delusion
Apr 9, 2023 12:16 AM

Jul 2014
What? Indeed. Now, that explains the use of "boku," why she told the bandits she was a man, why she kissed herself in the mirror, and why she keeps getting confused about her age.

And on the other side, Mimihime sending nudes? A boy being fine after falling from so high? What the hell is going on?

Whatever it is, I'm loving this show so far.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

477 by Kobayashis »»
Sep 22, 11:55 AM

Poll: » What would you do if your waifu told you she is like Kiruko? [SPOILER]

Zarutaku - Feb 11

26 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

484 by Azurosa »»
Sep 18, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2023

126 by Lithium95 »»
Sep 11, 10:46 PM

» Season 2 ?

seasonanimes_ - Sep 8

12 by JuliusKingsley0 »»
Sep 10, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.