Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 12, 2023 6:30 AM

Jul 2021
okay ranpo is fucking smart. this actor right here is literally playing death in the most natural way possible that ranpo made this actor's life fleshed before his eyes.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 12, 2023 6:35 AM

Jan 2019
dreampunk said:
whisperGoggles said:
Wait so is Fukuzawa also not gifted?
he is gifted but he doesn't have a combat based gift, his gift helps the armed detective agency control their gifts
Yeah, i knew that since that was established earlier. I'm just wondering if he, too, like Ranpo, actually doesn't have a gift because, one, he at the moment doesn't seem aware of his own powers let alone gifters at all and, two, the way he helped Ranpo control his "powers" suggests that he could have used similar methods with the rest of the agency
Jan 12, 2023 8:04 AM

Sep 2017
Ah u mother fucker police officer.
the plot is thicc

Now we get to why its the armed detective agency

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 12, 2023 8:06 AM

Sep 2017
kuroneko99 said:
If this annoying boy continues to appear, I'll drop the show.
Well geniuses tend to be annoying sometimes. But Ranpo kun is really cute character.
btw, rewatch the last 3 seasons where Ranpo is still there all the time.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 12, 2023 8:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yup, still on Ranpo's side and he's as great as before with his deduction power 
Jan 12, 2023 10:18 AM
Dec 2019
it waaaaaaaaaas good
Jan 12, 2023 10:47 AM

Nov 2020
Great episode, I love these backstory episodes!

So that's how Ranpo "got his abilities.." xD!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jan 12, 2023 12:03 PM

Jan 2021
Yup. I've had a bad feeling ever since he approached Ranpo and Fukuzawa on the stairs, that the cop was suspicious. Why does an "insignificant" character have a fairly long screentime where he's talking to the person who's basically just revealing the truth of what happened? Shouldn't he interrogate the actor and the other writer first... since they are basically the masterminds (as Ranpo mentioned on stage), how can the mastermind/writer be left in the theater while only Ranpo is taken to the police station... Fukuzawa should also increase his vigilance.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong but, since Ranpo had said that this incident consisted of two crimes at once (when he was talking about ebi), I hope Ranpo had expected that something like this would happen to him and he already knew that the cop had bad intentions towards him.

Jan 12, 2023 2:35 PM

Sep 2020
That's how Ranpo got his glasses, and started working for him, wonder if the time will be back to present time in the next episode.
Jan 12, 2023 3:32 PM
Apr 2019
Let's GOOOOOOO โค๏ธ
Great episode, can't wait for the conclusion next time ๐Ÿ–๏ธ
Jan 12, 2023 9:16 PM
Jan 2022
The suspense was immaculate...Love to see Rampo more and more in the story.
Jan 13, 2023 2:07 AM

Oct 2017
The case was kinda obvious but still the presentation was good and looks like there's more to it.
Jan 13, 2023 4:13 AM

Mar 2020
Wow, such an episode.
When Ranpo starts to see the world in colour after Fukuzawa's help I was like... This is cinema.

Jan 13, 2023 6:56 AM
Feb 2021
kuroneko99 said:

Go ahead, its not like u are the only one who watches this show
Jan 13, 2023 8:05 AM
Jan 2023
I have a feeling this will be the best season yet
Jan 13, 2023 11:09 AM

Mar 2018
I'm loving this arc, it's spoilers for me since the manga here is well behind this story, but I don't care
Jan 13, 2023 12:00 PM

Jul 2022
Fukuzawa did really save Ranpo here. What a nice way to make him believe in himself. I am liking Fukuzawa more and more. Also that ending? Damn, now that´s a cliff-hanger.
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Jan 13, 2023 3:35 PM
Apr 2019
kuroneko99 said:

Then you'll miss the darkest and best part of Bungo Stray Dogs, the backstory's gonna end next week
Jan 13, 2023 5:24 PM
Dec 2022
The police seems suspicious as hell
Jan 13, 2023 6:31 PM

Sep 2009
Nice transition to a color palette to symbolize Fukuzawa finally opening up to being in a team / mentor.
Jan 13, 2023 6:38 PM
Dec 2021
if in an anime a police officer has more than one dialogue, he will be relevant
Jan 13, 2023 10:04 PM
Dec 2021
I liked the way it ended and flowed into another cliff hanger
Jan 13, 2023 10:59 PM
Dec 2019
the reveal of ranpo's glasses and the change from B/W to color after he "activates" his ability was beautiful. great visual way to show that his perspective has changed and that he's not "alone" in his mind anymore. the president had a great quote about how if babies are too weak to even lift their heads up how could they despise you (me paraphrasing heavily ofc but in context it's a great great quote to summarize how Ranpo should not be feeling).
i do feel however, this only being the second ep in their flashback and knowing how much respect and reverence they have for each other in the present, this came a little too fast. an honestly perfect scene for them both and their relationship, but I feel in the story they should've known each other for a slightly longer period of time.
As for the cliffhanger at the end. Idk if this show trained me to see it's patterns or what but i saw it from a mile away (or at least when the cop showed his face on screen). The only cop with smore than two speaking lines and distinct facial features not like all the background character models. still had me to the edge of my seat for more even tho I chuckled at the end. Can't wait to see what else this flashback brings.
OH and Natsume sensei right!?
Jan 13, 2023 11:04 PM
Dec 2019
Swagernator said:
Man, the last thing i was expecting from the second episode of the fourth season is the adaptation of the well known meme.

....It's the fourth season like you said. how could it be the last thing you'd expect from one of the already established main characters who says this all the time lol? the whole detective agency feeds his ego all the time. what is there not to expect!
Jan 14, 2023 3:46 AM

May 2015
Another interesting backstory arc. I'm curious to read the novels about it.

Ranpo is one of the best guys !
Jan 14, 2023 7:56 AM

Jan 2013
Ok they trolled us on this season. They have the image of all the characters but Ranpo and he the star of this season so far.
Jan 14, 2023 10:09 AM

Mar 2017
I love how this story reveals that despite how dignified and cool Fukuzawa seems, he's actually just going with the flow like everyone else. I think this story is my fave BSD story; it's so beautiful how Fukuzawa creates this vivid and safe world for Ranpo and then ultimately goes on to do the same for so many other people who are lost and hurting.

I also love how everyone else in the world is very hush-hush about their abilities but Ranpo's just out here screaming it from the rooftops.
Jan 14, 2023 10:10 AM

Mar 2017
kuroneko99 said:
Do you mean Ranpo? If so then sorry to break this to you but he's one of the biggest characters in the coming arc.
Jan 14, 2023 10:34 PM

Dec 2021
Backstory of Ranpo's glasses LOL :o
Jan 14, 2023 10:39 PM
Jul 2019
Uh oh , I hope Rampo is aware abiut that fake policeman.  
Jan 15, 2023 1:14 AM
Apr 2020
absolutely loved it, ED music still rocks on season 4 too.
Jan 15, 2023 8:30 AM
Oct 2018
i feel like the police man is gonna be mori and fukuzawa and mori will have a 1v1 fight. Then natsume sensei will come and break them apart or sumn! (I haven't read this LN so idk what can happen tbh)
over all great ep I think, I read ranpos breakdown in the LN tho just that part and kinda saw they didn't do it like its written. but o well
Jan 16, 2023 3:07 PM
Dec 2022
THE BEST EP SO excited FOR NEXT EP
Jan 16, 2023 7:12 PM
Mar 2021
Loved every bit of it but I hate the cliffhanger. Like how can you leave someone on that? Plus could the locked room murder also be connected to the murder him and yosano solved back in the later seasons.
Jan 17, 2023 8:35 AM

Oct 2016
This is the fourth season, yet I'm still amazed how smart Ranpo is. And he's not even Gifted, just talented.

Also, what is the police officer (If he even is a real police officer) smirking about? If he's scheming something, I wish him the best of luck with trying to outsmart Ranpo. He'll need all the help and luck he can get.
Jan 18, 2023 6:07 AM
Aug 2022
loving this a lot!!!!!!
Jan 18, 2023 6:33 AM
Jun 2017
keren banget sumpah
Jan 18, 2023 3:49 PM

May 2015
What. That definitely wasn't a 20-min episode, it went by like in 5 minutes.

Edogawa is so clumsy. Simply charming.

It was also really impressive how they changed the scenes to colour, nice artistic choice!
Jan 18, 2023 4:18 PM
Aug 2021
beautiful not one moment where i lost intered its reall intriguing and well planned with action and mystery!
Jan 18, 2023 4:18 PM
Aug 2021
beautiful not one moment where i lost intered its reall intriguing and well planned with action and mystery!
Jan 24, 2023 3:27 AM
Jul 2020
I actually love Ranpo this character because Edogawa Ranpo is also one of my favourite Japanese authors. I do not mind watching him for a few more episodes 
Jan 25, 2023 10:58 AM
Sep 2017
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Jan 26, 2023 2:49 AM
Jun 2021
coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool
Jan 26, 2023 10:44 AM

Mar 2015
Man, am I hyped to watch more of this! Its DEFINITELY one of the ongoing greats! 
๐“™๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ž๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“พ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐“ผ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ช ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ.

"โ„๐•’๐•ง๐•– ๐•’ ๐”พ๐• ๐• ๐•• ๐”ป๐•’๐•ช!" - ๐•‚๐•–๐•ง๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•’๐•™๐•๐•–; ๐•ƒ๐”ธ ๐”น๐•–๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ
Jan 26, 2023 5:41 PM
May 2022
The shift from black and white to color is absolutely impeccable. The depth and execution of Ranpo's epiphany and the solution to the crime had me on edge the whole time. Round it all out with Fukuzawa's stoic edge and the beautiful style and visuals, and you've got something close to the perfect episode.
Jan 27, 2023 7:04 PM

Dec 2013
I like how we went from black and white to colour during Ranpo's self-discovery.

What a stupid reason to pretend to die.
Feb 2, 2023 7:22 AM

Dec 2017
Yudesei said:
This is the fourth season, yet I'm still amazed how smart Ranpo is.
You shouldn't to be honest, cause Ranpo isn't really smart, he is just a kid who got answers for upcoming test from the teacher, while everyone else conveniently plays along to make him look smarter. Like a professional killer/bodyguard didn't even check the wound to determine  what killed the actor or where he was hit from, or like he completely ignored the fact that the body jumped towards the audience while the impact was on the chest and should push him back. And how convenient was the fact that Ranpo didn't think that actor was just nervous cause the role was hard, but deducted that he clearly took his blood to later fake his own death. If author just said Ranpo is gifted - yep, no questions, he has a bs power so he gets a bs result. But instead it is "actually he is really smart" card, while character in question either has some kind of stupidity aura that makes him look smart compared to people around him, or just straight up KNOWS the answer cause he deducted it from small faulty pieces of information that all convinently appeared to be true.
Feb 9, 2023 12:11 PM

Oct 2016
slavemaster_1991 said:
Yudesei said:
This is the fourth season, yet I'm still amazed how smart Ranpo is.
You shouldn't to be honest, cause Ranpo isn't really smart, he is just a kid who got answers for upcoming test from the teacher, while everyone else conveniently plays along to make him look smarter. Like a professional killer/bodyguard didn't even check the wound to determine  what killed the actor or where he was hit from, or like he completely ignored the fact that the body jumped towards the audience while the impact was on the chest and should push him back. And how convenient was the fact that Ranpo didn't think that actor was just nervous cause the role was hard, but deducted that he clearly took his blood to later fake his own death. If author just said Ranpo is gifted - yep, no questions, he has a bs power so he gets a bs result. But instead it is "actually he is really smart" card, while character in question either has some kind of stupidity aura that makes him look smart compared to people around him, or just straight up KNOWS the answer cause he deducted it from small faulty pieces of information that all convinently appeared to be true.

You're basically saying that Ranpo either made some lucky guesses that just happened to be true or was somehow informed about the answers beforehand, neither or which were true.
But you do you. 
Feb 9, 2023 1:48 PM

Dec 2017
Yudesei said:
slavemaster_1991 said:

You're basically saying that Ranpo either made some lucky guesses that just happened to be true or was somehow informed about the answers beforehand, neither or which were true.
But you do you. 
But it is true tho. Because author just handed the answer to Ranpo, as most of the logic that would lead to solving the case was simply missing every time he did his "investigation". If you somehow misunderstood that there was a character who told him the anser in the episode - of cource it would be wrong, and I never claimed that. So yes, it was either pure luck or bad writing (due to inability of the author of writing good and logical investigation story) that just gave him the answer for his case.
Feb 9, 2023 2:09 PM

Oct 2016
slavemaster_1991 said:
Yudesei said:

But you do you. 
But it is true tho. Because author just handed the answer to Ranpo, as most of the logic that would lead to solving the case was simply missing every time he did his "investigation". If you somehow misunderstood that there was a character who told him the anser in the episode - of cource it would be wrong, and I never claimed that. So yes, it was either pure luck or bad writing (due to inability of the author of writing good and logical investigation story) that just gave him the answer for his case.

It wasn't, but okay. Whatever you say.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

117 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 18, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 1, 2023

78 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 18, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RealCheeze - Jan 4, 2023

209 by girlwhattttt »»
May 15, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

84 by Karva1 »»
Apr 26, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2023

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.